It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. signed agreement with Mexico to teach illegal and legal immigrants to unionize....SERIOUSLY?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Sremmos80

I have generally found that when I read an article that doesn't sound right it usually isnt, but you have to keep reading to find that out.

Mundane doesn't sell newspapers or get clicks our society made it that way.

Or maybe you're not reading the links associated with it that are actually about the article....here...let me help you.

source doc

link   
smirkley

Illegals are finding the correct and legal paths to legality. Problem with that?

Why are they here in the first place? And why is America doing EVERYTHING it can to flood the work force with cheap labor? Problem with THAT?

Illegals are doing alot of the crap jobs alot of legals really dont want to lower themselves to do. Problem with that?
Crap jobs? Other than the 4% that are doing field work. You consider HVAC, Plumbing, Restaurant, Chefs, Landscaping, Drywalling, Construction, Electrician, Cable Installation to be "crap jobs'? Because THOSE are the jobs they are taking.

Illegals work for crap cash wages, with no benefits, and no supporting services like the legals expect without question. Problem with that?

Illegals are also PROVEN to drive down wages across all sectors. Almost every study on every side of the issue shows this. Problem with THAT?

Illegals seem to work alot harder, alot better, and much more reliably than legals. Problem with that?

Cite your sources

Illegals strive to be American, want to be American, and can even fight in wars as an American? Problem with that?
And many of them DON'T care about America, see America as a cash cow, and pi$$ on America when they get a chance. Using our money to send back 'home' to finance their new estate mansion that they move their families into when they have had enough of us.

[quotes]Illegals spend money in America, pay sales taxes like legals. Problem with that?

Sales Tax? Citizens should be paying sales tax. And Sales Taxes also cover the numerous expenses States incur from the ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION in the first place.

My point is, there is no reason to exclude them from employment, benefits, medical care, let alone a unitized voice where they have none. It will make the country as a whole stronger and more viable. There is no reason to beat them down any further than they already are. They are human beings who left everything behind to start a new life in a country that gives them promise. Kinda like back in the day when America was just beginning.

Or have we become so exclusively callous and high and mighty that we shut the doors to being humane.

Humanity? You think this is a humanitarian issue? Why not open the doors to EVERYONE then? Why even have an immigration system. Your sob story and nostalgia dismiss so many facts to the contrary it's like reading a propaganda piece.
edit on 30-3-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

link   
I know it's popular to blame unions for just about everything, even illegals...

But who is really responsible for hiring undocumented workers?

It's not Unions...

It's agriculture, food processing, and domestics/hotels/resorts and construction.

If you have a gripe...take it to who hires the most illegals for cheap labor.... Not the Unions...

edit on 30-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: Grimpachi

Sensationalized how? That was just the memorandum of understanding signed in 2013. What was just signed is what is stated in the article.

As far as I can tell the article is about that letter saying similar have been extended to other countries as I have found no other links to any letters that may have been amended.

The one I just posted is a link to the notice from 6 days ago....

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The end game is Unions and the Chamber of Commerce to fleece American workers until there are no "American workers" left and our labor will be so cheap we can keep up with the lowest common denominator and BIDDERS of that labor.

Globalization in action people. This is by design, not by chance.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

originally posted by: smirkley
a reply to: IntroduceALittleIrony

Another reality is that if you slam the borders shut, those problems dont go away. They grow. Because then you have a bunch of over privileged under achievers complaining another reason why things arent their utopia.

Are you saying the illegal workers are a good thing because they work harder and cheaper than legals? What happens when/if they become legal?

I am saying what I typed. Read into it as you wish.

Last I heard the poverty wage is $10.10.
Yet minimum wage is $7.25.

Minimum wage is a citizens right.

Maybe that is something achievable.

Look. I expected to draw the flame upon me by making my posts. My skin is thick enough to be able to speak my mind. No I didnt always think that way. Quite the opposite. But I have come to feel differently on the subject. I know from my life exposures now that all illegals arent drug mules, crackheads, or thieves. Quite the contrary I have found. It is what it is.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It's not Unions...

It's agriculture, food processing, and domestics/hotels/resorts and construction.

If you have a gripe...take it to who hires the most illegals for cheap labor.... Not the Unions...

Well we come full circle then because what's allowing those businesses to hire them, is the government.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Oh...and the other linked article further explains it with some more references....

linked article

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It's always a sob story for Illegals when it comes to this topic.

Nobody feels sorry for American wages or services being depreciated. GAO and even some "Hispanic" research centers have widely known that Illegal Immigration has a NET deficit annually, per Illegal.

We get bombarded with stories of struggle, 'hard working people', "they do jobs Americans won't do" (debunked), or "they pay taxes" (debunked and said by people who have NO clue how taxes work). We're told that they're just here to live a 'better life'...(at our expense). We're told they're here to be "Americans" (debunked...many are just here for the cash or to escape whatever hellhole them came from to fund their relatives back home).

We're told over and over again to feel sorry for them. But to what end? What expense? Our own economy? So that we can be flooded with service jobs and fast food workers into the MILLIONS?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony

originally posted by: olaru12

It's not Unions...

Well we come full circle then because what's allowing those businesses to hire them, is the government.

Do you know who gave amnesty to the most illegals? It was the Republicans!
Reagan and Bush the Union busters....you reap what you sow!

www.theamericanresistance.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If Illegal Immigration is a POSITIVE for our economy, then why have a border policy at all?

Why have a minimum wage? Why not just keep it going if it's so good for us? Why not just let everyone in and tell everyone that jobs are open to the lowest bidder?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I part with these words As I feel it is time and appropriate...

“The New Colossus” by Emma Lazarus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles.
From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!"” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I have generally found that when I read an article that doesn't sound right it usually isnt, but you have to keep reading to find that out.

Mundane doesn't sell newspapers or get clicks our society made it that way.

Or maybe you're not reading the links associated with it that are actually about the article....here...let me help you.

source doc

Do you even realize what you just linked?

From your link

Chairman Cole, Ranking Member DeLauro, and Members of the Subcommittee, thank you for the invitation to testify today. I appreciate the opportunity to appear before you to discuss the Agency’s Fiscal Year 2016 budget request. .

That is not the signed agreement your article is about.

Everything points to the 2013 letter which your article has linked.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
I part with these words As I feel it is time and appropriate...

“The New Colossus” by Emma Lazarus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles.
From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!"” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

That was written by a poet. At a time when Immigration was VERY strict.

What does that poem have to do with the Constitution? And where is that poem in our LAWS?

edit on 30-3-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I agree with your last paragraph, and I'll leave it there. Script kicked in and i don't wanna pointlessly argue with someone who hasn't seen this firsthand. Btw, I don't work at a grocery store. I work for the rich guy who owns half the town. Knowing what goes on here is part of my job.

GLHF

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
HVAC, Air Conditioning, Retail, Food Industry, Hospitality, Car Repair, Retail, Construction, Landscaping (which used to pay good money), Medical industry, Film Industry, Painting, Plumbing, Handyman Services...

ALL are industries affected by Illegal Immigration and labor value depreciation.

Illegals working in the "fields" are UNDER 4% of the total workforce.

"Jobs Americans won't do"???

MY A$$$$$$$

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Oh...and the other linked article further explains it with some more references....

linked article

I think there is still time for you to go back and add all these links you are throwing out now to your OP.

As for this other article from the examiner is it also about a 2013 letter.

You are dangerously close to gish galloping.
edit on 30-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The government wants them to unionize so that in 15-20 years they can gut those unions just like they are doing now ....

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This sounds to me like it could easily backfire on the illegals, first of all, if an employer fires them for attempting to unionize, it's easy for the employer to say they were a substandard employee who just wasn't cutting it. Secondly this will make employers think long and hard about employing illegals knowing that they will have to pay to make them legal citizens, with money out of their own pocket, that same money that they are trying to not pay to a citizen that is going into their bank accounts because they tried to use an illegal for fleecing purposes. As well when the employers illegal practices become public knowledge it is more likely that they will be run out of business for hiring illegals. I work at a company right now that has more illegals than it does citizens, my brother had his own company in the same industry and they came and closed my brothers business down "for not paying his state taxes" but my brother just like my current employer had more illegals than citizens, when it comes crashing down like it did on my brother these people are going to spend the rest of their lives paying back the taxes that they didn't pay to the state no success, no retirement, debt for the rest of your life and the shame of being looked at from legal society as being the scum that they are for screwing people over like this. Where as people like me who follow the rules will be able to move onward and upward with no shame.
edit on Mon20153V201527931 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What's that union motto?

"Organize voters or die"

- Oh wait, that was the Obama.

We are hosed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join