It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. signed agreement with Mexico to teach illegal and legal immigrants to unionize....SERIOUSLY?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wow....so now we are teaching immigrants, both legal AND illegal how to unionize in the US? This just doesn't sit well with me at all. We have got to start focusing more on helping those here that need it versus helping others to come here and need it. So now my hard earned tax dollars can fund illegals wanting to unionize to take away jobs from citizens.....way to go government.

This is ridiculous and wreaks of a separate agenda to me. All to bring in voters. I wonder when we will just open the border up and tell everyone to just come on in!

Source

The federal government has signed agreements with three foreign countries — Mexico, Ecuador and the Philippines — to establish outreach programs to teach immigrants their rights to engage in labor organizing in the U.S.

The agreements do not distinguish between those who entered legally or illegally. They are part of a broader effort by the National Labor Relations Board to get immigrants involved in union activism.

Just what we need....illegal immigrants getting involved in union activism to take away jobs from actual citizens. I am so sick of this garbage and it just keeps getting piled on. Maybe, just maybe they could foster a program to help them in their own country so they can prosper there. With the amount of USD spent on this in the US and sending delegates to these countries to teach them about it, I would bet we could have done a lot more to either help the countries on their own turf or helped a lot of US citizens that needed it. I would suggest they have these countries fund it themselves because I am sick of my taxes going up for these purposes.

edit on 3/30/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
They will not stop,until there is NO middle class!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Seriously?????

The board has said the law's protections for workers engaged in union organizing extend even to people who are not legally authorized to work in the U.S. An employer who fires an illegal immigrant worker — which is required under federal immigration law — can be sanctioned by the board if it decides the worker's union activism was the real reason for the dismissal.

Last month, Griffin instituted a new policy in which the board will "facilitate" obtaining visas for illegal immigrants if their status impedes it from pursuing a labor violation case against a business. The policy gives illegal immigrants living in the U.S. a strong incentive to engage in labor activism, because doing so will make employers reluctant to fire them and potentially get them a visa, and therefore legal status, if they are fired.

So essentially they are FORCING employers to comply....putting the blame and the funding on them, and if they don't then even an illegal immigrant that is involved in a union can sue that company and win.

This is WAY beyond ok....pretty sickening to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
At least someone sees the forest through the trees!

Of course it doesn't make sense, the people in power make no sense!

Smart people notice pretty much EVERYTHING that's COMPLETELY wrong with society but it will not stop. It won't stop until whatever they want happens or when we slaves say IT'S ENOUGH.

They are deliberately trying to kill the middle class wherever they can because they want us to little by little accept the NWO. A world where only psychopaths dominate an intelligent race that's worth more than being slaves.

I know I don't want that and I don't want that for our children.
edit on 30-3-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's ridiculous....it is telling people to illegally come to the US, unionize and force an employer to make you legally able to work here. It is putting the onus on the employer and relieving the immigrant of any obligation to become legal BEFORE getting a job.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Unions have directly funded Dems for at least 60 years so they need a lot more "unreported" dinero to DNC criminal planning, execution.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Illegals are finding the correct and legal paths to legality. Problem with that?

Illegals are doing alot of the crap jobs alot of legals really dont want to lower themselves to do. Problem with that?

Illegals work for crap cash wages, with no benefits, and no supporting services like the legals expect without question. Problem with that?

Illegals get crapped on when something goes wrong or they get hurt. Problem with that?

Illegals seem to work alot harder, alot better, and much more reliably than legals. Problem with that?

Illegals strive to be American, want to be American, and can even fight in wars as an American? Problem with that?

Illegals spend money in America, pay sales taxes like legals. Problem with that?

Disclaimer: my statements are not all inclusive. Same goes for legals. And my definition of legals are all race inclusive. Finally, I am not pro union as an American as that is my prerogative.

My point is, there is no reason to exclude them from employment, benefits, medical care, let alone a unitized voice where they have none. It will make the country as a whole stronger and more viable. There is no reason to beat them down any further than they already are. They are human beings who left everything behind to start a new life in a country that gives them promise. Kinda like back in the day when America was just beginning.

Or have we become so exclusively callous and high and mighty that we shut the doors to being humane.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
That is crazy.

I guess this is just more "sharing of the pie"?

I'm tired of the idiots in charge wasting the money they take from me.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

I understand where you are coming from, but don't agree.

This is making the individual unaccountable for their own actions and forcing businesses to make them legal.

I think the money and time could be better spent on trying to make the legal citizens better trained in the work force.

This solution is just backwards. It's like they are saying "we couldn't do it the right way so now we are going to force it on you."

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Star and Flag, its all part of the plan to pull down the costs of labor for
the billionaires.

100+ types of Visa to import cheaper labor, they focus on limits on H1-B,
but the L-1 has NO LIMIT, misdirection works for houdini and them as well.

List of US Visas often abused to bring in workers

As for the porous and open borders, I could go into that, but
that is old news and the worst part of it is yet to come.

But I thank them for being open about their intent.

The voice of a University Texas professor here...

Aztlan

So if you live in the US southwest learn spanish, get a tan, change
your last name or get ready for payback for the 60,000 dead in the
Mexican drug war that had us providing guns to the globalists
favored cartel to then launder the money thru HSBC, etc etc...

The billionaires have to do this because their offshore IRS exempt
bank accounts are down to a pitiful $32 trillion.

$32 trillion offshore needs IRS attention

The last act of a failed regime is to loot the nation on the way
out the back door, and the looting has been epic.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

This is making the individual unaccountable for their own actions and forcing businesses to make them legal.

These individuals are not permissed accountability as a function of being illegal. And yes, American employers SHOULD be forced to help them become legal. Otherwise they shouldnt be hiring them illegally. No?
edit on 30-3-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

it's simple economy. You guys are too expensive.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
i think "illegal" is the key word here.
why do "illegal" people have more doors opening for them than legals?
i wish we had a government that upheld the existing laws...thats all.
my ancestors were immigrants also..legal immigrants!
many legal Hispanics i know are not very happy about this either.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
In my town illegals support the agriculture(a major part of our economy, but 2nd to the railroad here) 90% of them use WIC to buy groceries, Western union most of their pay to Mexico, what they have left they use on drugs, then they get arrested and deported only to come back in a week. Ohh, and they may work harder(if I was coked out I would work harder too) but not better. I could drive a tractor and fix it better than all of them after my first year working alongside them. So please tell me how they help anything?

edit on 3/30/2015 by CaptainTwig because: posed the same question twice

edit on 3/30/2015 by CaptainTwig because: omitted a word on accident

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Here in the UK we have a lot of immigrants, at first we were told to keep quiet because to speak out against mass uncontrolled immigration was racist. When they lost the ability to use the racist card against us they found another way to make mass immigration acceptable.

Now mass immigration proves how well a country's doing economically, apparently the more that flood in the healthier the economy and this is what they feed to us.

A shame that they use these stories to cover up the cracks in society.

Ok, mass immigration into a country possibly shows the strength of an economy is attractive but that doesn't mean that the problem has gone away.

Mass immigration also makes competition for each job a lot harder, can create ghettos at alarming rates, can strain public services, causes dumbing down of the education system, forces wages down, and increases house prices making it unaffordable for first time buyers.

So mass uncontrolled immigration does not help the people, but as long as the government gets tax money they don't care.

So basically I'm saying be prepared for the MSM to start praising the strong US economy and try and spin mass immigration into a positive, when it isn't.
edit on 30-3-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainTwig

Man you really keep tabs on 90% of the illegals in your town?
Did you just go up and ask them all and find out?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainTwig
In my town illegals support the agriculture(a major part of our economy, but 2nd to the railroad here) 90% of them use WIC to buy groceries, Western union most of their pay to Mexico, what they have left they use on drugs, then they get arrested and deported only to come back in a week. Ohh, and they may work harder(if I was coked out I would work harder too) but not better. I could drive a tractor and fix it better than all of them after my first year working alongside them. So please tell me how they help anything?

Hopefully part of the laws state you can't send more than "X" amount back to your home country so it will at least help the US economy who is paying for their citizenship and covering their expenses.....

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Let us all know how that works out for you when the US becomes a third world country, mmmmmK. You realize that in order to get the US to be absorbed blindly into World government, the standard of living has to be reduced to that of a third world country. Illegals working for lower wages, reduces the overall average and that will drag wages down over time. Add in another financial collapse and you might as well stick a fork in it, cause it'll be done.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You can't just sign up and join a union because you want to...

There are restrictions and qualifications that must be met.

Meeting those qualifications and being able to pay my entrance fees and dues into SAG/AFTRA, IATSE was one of the happiest days of my life. Now I can get paid what I'm worth after the apprenticeships, journyman, college degrees, probationary employment. etc.

It's not easy....

edit on 30-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
You can't just sign up and join a union because you want to...

There are restrictions and qualifications that must be met.

Meeting those qualifications and being able to pay my entrance fees and dues into SAG/AFTRA, IATSE was one of the happiest days of my life. Now I can get paid what I'm worth after the apprenticeships, journyman, and college degrees.

Apparently being a citizen of the US is not one of the restrictions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join