It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline Passenger Films UFO Flying Over Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: draknoir2

Tomorrow's lesson will be on "condescension".
is that the water like substance that grows on my windows when it gets cold?

Yes it is.

Plane windows as well, which is a possible explanation for the object in the video.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

couldn't find any drops that matched. But could be...
edit on 14-11-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

couldn't find any drops that matched. But could be...

I'd say the odds are at least double that of the alien craft explanation [.000468%].
edit on 14-11-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

You two seem to have taken personal offense to my posts, so please allow me to apologize. I do not mean to personally offend your sensibilities, but merely to point out how they aren't beneficial to the thread or the pursuit of knowledge at large.

You overestimate your offensiveness.

No apologies are in order.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

As you said, given for the sake of argument this is an ET craft, you think unidentified craft are whizzing around in the atmosphere, especially near commercial air corridors, and no one cares? No one is picking them up on radar? No one from other aircraft is reporting it from the skies? I think the first response of the government would be to rule out enemy aircraft or terrorist activity, don't you think? There are literally tens of thousands of videos like this, sure many are fake, balloons, planes, stars, birds etc., but many scientists even have admitted about 5% absolutely cannot be explained, leaving ET craft as the obvious answer, yet as far as the mainstream is concerned, this is suppressed.

And speaking of critical thinking, have you ever heard of the logical fallacy called the "false dichotomy"? Like we have to focus either on the skies or government documents to the exclusion of the other? Why can't it be both?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
but many scientists even have admitted about 5% absolutely cannot be explained, leaving ET craft as the obvious answer, yet as far as the mainstream is concerned, this is suppressed.

And speaking of critical thinking,

Speaking of critical thinking indeed.

Perhaps you'd like to educate us on how you came to that particular logical conclusion...
edit on 14-11-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

but many scientists even have admitted about 5% absolutely cannot be explained, leaving ET craft as the obvious answer, yet as far as the mainstream is concerned, this is suppressed.

And speaking of critical thinking, have you ever heard of the logical fallacy called the "false dichotomy"? Like we have to focus either on the skies or government documents to the exclusion of the other? Why can't it be both?

Speaking of critical thinking indeed.

Perhaps you'd like to educate us on how you came to that particular logical conclusion...

Oh, I don't know, maybe this little quote:

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

If it looks like an ET craft, and it is not secret human tech, and everything else has been eliminated, what else could it be?

Are you open to the possibility, however remote you consider, that ET craft could be present in our skies?

People say there is no evidence.

How about this sighting in Washington DC that lasted for days in 1952? Seen by thousands of people? Reported in the newspapers as being picked up by multiple radars? Yet officially explained as "swamp gas" or a temperature inversion? Please.....where is your critical thinking. Unfortunately, we live in an age where people, even if they see something with their own eyes, will not believe it unless the government, science and the MSM tells them it is true. A classic case of the emperor's clothes.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Oh, I don't know, maybe this little quote:

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Did Sherlock Holmes ever solve any real cases?

If it looks like an ET craft,

What does an ET craft look like?

and it is not secret human tech

secret human tech is, by default, secret. So its difficult to eliminate that.

and everything else has been eliminated, what else could it be?

imagination. Fuzzy, ambiguous flying things cause that.

I think that just because something is "unidentified" doesn't necessarily mean that everything has been eliminated.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Are you open to the possibility, however remote you consider, that ET craft could be present in our skies?

I am open to all possibilities.

People say there is no evidence.

People are right.

How about this sighting in Washington DC that lasted for days in 1952? Seen by thousands of people? Reported in the newspapers as being picked up by multiple radars? Yet officially explained as "swamp gas" or a temperature inversion? Please.....where is your critical thinking.

Seems they were jumping to conclusions... just like you.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
OK Folks, let's dispense with the off topic snipes and banter, Please.

Airline Passenger Films UFO Flying Over Iran

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

A tip of the hat to you.

And now...

As you said, given for the sake of argument this is an ET craft, you think unidentified craft are whizzing around in the atmosphere, especially near commercial air corridors, and no one cares? No one is picking them up on radar? No one from other aircraft is reporting it from the skies? I think the first response of the government would be to rule out enemy aircraft or terrorist activity, don't you think? There are literally tens of thousands of videos like this, sure many are fake, balloons, planes, stars, birds etc., but many scientists even have admitted about 5% absolutely cannot be explained, leaving ET craft as the obvious answer, yet as far as the mainstream is concerned, this is suppressed.

Interesting post.

There are a couple of suppositions made here.

Firstly, you are assuming that ET craft can be seen on radar. Since we do not know -if- ET craft can be seen on radar, we cannot assume the government is hiding said findings. One way a video like this could be helpful would be to follow up and see if any radar abnormalities were recorded, if there are none, and we know this is an ET craft, we can then start to assume that ET vehicles cannot be seen on radar, at least some of the time.

Secondly, you are assuming that 5% not being able to be explained is the same as 5% being ET craft. While I question where you come up with 5% as any kind of base figure, I am going to accept it to further the conversation. You have already addressed this in another response earlier when you quoted Sherlock Holmes.

The only problem I have with your conclusion is that you haven't even eliminated all of the impossible before you get to ET. Could it be time travelers? angels? ghosts? monsters? God? You see, there is still a myriad of fantastical mythologies to choose from before we settle on ET. That's just from unproven sources. One bit, like the Washington DC sighting has another much more mundane explanation.

The government is lying to you.

Ah ha! You might say! But I don't think we are talking about the same kind of lie. It was us the whole time, and the government would rather use UFO hysteria to cover their own movement than to admit it was us. Why not? Russia did it for years. Admittedly so. They don't even hide the fact that they did that sort of thing.

Tell the people that it was us, and by us I mean either.. United States equipment or Foreign equipment... or tell people it was Swamp Gas and let them believe it was aliens (which they know aren't here).

Onto false dichotomy. I didn't say don't focus on the skies. I merely suggested, correctly, that knowledge of a supposed government cover up involving aliens isn't going to come from watching the skies, it's going to come from seeing documents or hearing testimony. Watch the skies all you want, people have been looking for the answers up there for eons. However, the people making progress aren't looking at the stars, unless of course, they are making progress by studying the stars, like the ESA is doing know with Rosetta.

It still doesn't answer my question, however.

Why is this video important? Certainly if the Washington DC images aren't proper evidence leading to ET, then this video isn't evidence of anything in particular, even if it IS an ET.
edit on 14-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
The Huff?
Is the Huff suddenly posting UFO clips?
Most unusual .... or am I wrong?
Where's the money @ the Huff? (who is @ the controle button)

One reason they want to make windowless airplanes.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Why is this video important? Certainly if the Washington DC images aren't proper evidence leading to ET, then this video isn't evidence of anything in particular, even if it IS an ET.

because if it does turn out to be ET, internet arguments will be won everywhere.

The idea is to establish the perception that there is a mountain of unknown and unexplained cases which will lead to the only logical conclusion of ET! Adding worthless cases on top of worthless cases is how you do this. Its the mountain of cases that's important, not the individual ones.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I don't know why you're getting so argumentative, we're just discussing this video and pics, right? I know that trying to make yourself right and others wrong is just ego. Do either of us have a vested personal interest in whether this is or is not a UFO? I don't care either way, and I'm open to both possibilities. Are you?

Looking at it again and again, I don't see any flashes now, I thought I did, but I have just watched it about 10x on full screen high-res - no flashes. So if that is your reason that it might be human-made, it doesn't hold water. Neither does the obvious Frisbee shape. Maybe it is secret human hi-tech that has not been publicized, that I can concede, or it is ET. Occam's razor.

You have two things going on here- One is the argument that you don't believe this is an airplane. The next is a personal accusation towards me that I have fabricated parts of the photos to support my own point. Including some silly call in the mods statement. One is about this subject and the other is personal and about me. Who knows what your motivation is, but you've done it more than once. I looked over some of your past posts to possibly see where this was coming from. You seem to have an overall paranoid mentality in regards to UFO and aliens. Conspiracies, cover-ups, shills, etc. etc.... That is only further supported in your accusations of me lying.

I've given you the opportunity to prove me wrong by laying out free software to search, but you've chosen not to do so. I expect someone who attempts to call me out personally on something to give me evidence to back up that statement. You've done absolutely nothing to do that. So either you show where I've edited these photos, or focus purely on this incident. Seems fairly simple, doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I think we should get the mods to check if the poster above has tampered with the images they posted

Did you feel strongly to even contact a mod or alert the post? Or were you simply tossing out a reckless allegation in a cowardly fashion?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The video is a hoax , it's a repost of a video originally posted by old friends and UFO hoax factory xxxdonutzxxx on May 31, 2013.

edit on 15-11-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

How about this sighting in Washington DC that lasted for days in 1952? ...

The above photography is often used in relation to the 1952 incident, but it was never proved to have any relation with it.

Moreover, this is just a cropped version of the original:

.... which clearly shows that this is a simple lens flare effect:

.... caused by the lamp posts below.

So if we can stop to use again and again this photo in relation to the Washington incident it would be cool

Sorry for the off-topic!!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

You know these things will never go away or cease being recycled.

It's good to see you again!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You do know what that video is right? I mean, you're attempting to use it as supportive evidence so surely you've vetted your data?

Rhetorical questions, because you obviously didn't.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: elevenaugust
You know these things will never go away or cease being recycled.

Yes ... you're absolutely right

Kind of discouraging... especially when the OP is supposed to have seen this very topic.

originally posted by: Kandinsky
It's good to see you again!

Thanks Kandinsky! I'm never too far away

edit on 30-11-2014 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join