It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline Passenger Films UFO Flying Over Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
When investigating claims, I wonder how many people ask themselves whether what they are doing is important.

For example, for the sake of argument, let's just take it as given that this is in fact a video of an extraterrestrial craft. What can we hope to learn from this video? Why is this grainy video of a streak across the sky important to continue study?

In zoology, for example, not every out of focus picture of animals is important, so why is every blurry picture of a supposed alien craft important?

I don't think this image is evidence of anything, even if it is a picture of an extraterrestrial craft.

Sure that's a good question. I have my reasons that I'll get to. But you spend a decent amount of time on these forums, mostly debunking such claims from what I have seen.......which certainly is your right, so why do you think debunking such claims is a valuable use of your time? Do you really care so much about what anonymous strangers think?

For me it is important for this - if ET's exist and they are interacting with our planet, and from what I have seen that is definitely the case - why is the government keeping it secret? People have a right to know the truth, good or bad.

The world lived with the specter of nuclear holocaust for 50 years, what could possibly be worse than nuclear Armageddon? If the ET presence has dire implications, people have the right to know, and they for the most part can handle the truth. The ones that would be upset, well, if they are like that they will eventually find something in their lives to upset them anyway.

I would like to influence those who are open minded to see the truth.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

I'm not sure why those are my only choices. Here is my breakdown.
1. regular old plane. I have seen other planes passing while on a plane and they look just like that except they are more in focus. 95%

At first blush I thought "some old plane" as well, but then I also realized not that many old planes can easily overtake a jetliner.

Glad you can be open to the alien possibility no matter how remote!
edit on 14-11-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

a reply to: AgentShillington

In zoology, for example, not every out of focus picture of animals is important

Unless its of bigfoot.

I don't think this image is evidence of anything, even if it is a picture of an extraterrestrial craft.

well, if you throw this in the pile of "evidence", it will somehow increase the odds of ET visitation. So its important for people that can't do math.

Fuzzy images of Bigfoot haven't helped anyone find one of those either, I'm afraid.

If you throw this into a pile of evidence, it doesn't increase the odds of anything. Something either is, or is not. The amount of evidence doesn't matter. I can have a wall of evidence to the existence of Santa Claus, and none of it means that Santa Claus is real, it just means I have a lot of evidence suggesting he is real.

However, this doesn't really answer my question.

How is this video of an alien craft important? I mean, I am willing to explore the idea that this is real. So, why is it important that it is real? What can be learned from it? Anything? If not, why is it important?

Again, I don't think it is.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Bigfoot is real.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

When investigating claims, I wonder how many people ask themselves whether what they are doing is important.

For example, for the sake of argument, let's just take it as given that this is in fact a video of an extraterrestrial craft. What can we hope to learn from this video? Why is this grainy video of a streak across the sky important to continue study?

In zoology, for example, not every out of focus picture of animals is important, so why is every blurry picture of a supposed alien craft important?

Sure that's a good question. I have my reasons that I'll get to. But you spend a decent amount of time on these forums, mostly debunking such claims from what I have seen.......which certainly is your right, so why do you think debunking such claims is a valuable use of your time? Do you really care so much about what anonymous strangers think?

For me it is important for this - if ET's exist and they are interacting with our planet, and from what I have seen that is definitely the case - why is the government keeping it secret? People have a right to know the truth, good or bad.

The world lived with the specter of nuclear holocaust for 50 years, what could possibly be worse than nuclear Armageddon? If the ET presence has dire implications, people have the right to know, and they for the most part can handle the truth. The ones that would be upset, well, if they are like that they will eventually find something in their lives to upset them anyway.

I would like to influence those who are open minded to see the truth.

You make one clear supposition in your reply.

This image of a ET craft (Yes, I am still going to assume it is real for the sake of argument) doesn't evidence any claim that the governments of the world know that aliens are visiting the planet. All this is is a video of a ship. If you are really interested in finding out if the United States government is hiding things about ET, you aren't going to find the answers in the skies, you are going to find them in filing cabinets.

To answer your other question.

I am not all that concerned with "debunking" as much as I am with trying to educate people on critical thinking. I concern myself with educating people on critical thinking for the same reasons that I think funding public education is important. I live in a world with 7 billion other people, and I want them to be as educated as possible because I have to interact with them on a daily basis, and interacting with people that know how to THINK, regardless of what it is they think, is so much easier than dealing with people that do not know how to think.
edit on 14-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

Bigfoot is real.

Take it to the cryptozoology forum, mate. I'm not interested in discussing it, and if I were, that's where I'd go.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

Bigfoot is real.

Take it to the cryptozoology forum, mate. I'm not interested in discussing it, and if I were, that's where I'd go.

No.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I can have a wall of evidence to the existence of Santa Claus, and none of it means that Santa Claus is real, it just means I have a lot of evidence suggesting he is real.

What about unicorns?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

For me, debunking crap makes it easier to find legitimate proof. I hope we one day find proof of ET life. However, I am not going to blindly accept bad/fake evidence as proof of it.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I can have a wall of evidence to the existence of Santa Claus, and none of it means that Santa Claus is real, it just means I have a lot of evidence suggesting he is real.

What about unicorns?

So, your answer to critical thinking is to bury your head in the sand and ask rhetorical questions? This is exactly why I want to educate with my posts, because responses like yours are troubling to anyone looking for the truth in ANYTHING.

And don't worry, this post wasn't designed to educate you, as I don't see the point in trying to do that anymore. Alas, you aren't the only audience to my posting, and even if I reach one or two, it's a pursuit worth continuing.

Good day.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Where exactly did it overtake a jetliner? To me it is moving in the opposite direction of the jetliner.

You also don't know the speed of this jetliner. Is it approaching an airport? Leaving one? We need more details on the location of the plane, which we don't have.

There is a difference between being open minded and willfully ignorant. I personally believe there are ET's, but accepting the Video in the OP as evidence of that is just plain ignorant.
edit on 14-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Glad you can be open to the alien possibility no matter how remote!

I would venture to guess that everyone here is open to the possibility. We just have varying degrees of openness.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I am pretty sure he is being sarcastic...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

So am I. It doesn't change my sentiment, however, because the only purpose of the post was ridicule. And why ridicule? Because critical thinking escaped the mind and what was left was frustration. This forum is composed of a good percentage of frustrated posts made by people with less than desirable critical thinking skills.

Notice I said "skills". These skills are something that can be taught, but only if you are willing to be taught. It is the purest essence of denying ignorance.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

So, your answer to critical thinking is to bury your head in the sand and ask rhetorical questions?

yes.

This is exactly why I want to educate with my posts, because responses like yours are troubling to anyone looking for the truth in ANYTHING.

what are you getting at?

And don't worry, this post wasn't designed to educate you, as I don't see the point in trying to do that anymore. Alas, you aren't the only audience to my posting, and even if I reach one or two, it's a pursuit worth continuing.

I am actually trying to educate YUO! You do realize that I am,as pompous and arrogant and full of myself as you are. Don't you?

Good day.

I said good day!

I await my next lesson because I'm taking a break from being an actual genius. Jeez.
edit on 14-11-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

So am I. It doesn't change my sentiment, however, because the only purpose of the post was ridicule. And why ridicule? Because critical thinking escaped the mind and what was left was frustration. This forum is composed of a good percentage of frustrated posts made by people with less than desirable critical thinking skills.

Notice I said "skills". These skills are something that can be taught, but only if you are willing to be taught. It is the purest essence of denying ignorance.

Allow me to educate you with my post:

iro·ny
noun \ˈī-rə-nē also ˈī(-ə)r-nē\

: the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really think especially in order to be funny

www.merriam-webster.com...

Tomorrow's lesson will be on "condescension".

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

It is a interesting video. I agree that it appears to be descending. Rounded in shape possibly with short wings that we don't see due to a blooming effect. The object may be simply painted grey or shrouded in something that appears like a bright pale greyish, whitish, bluish light.

Drone? Theirs?

Drone? Ours - doing Sig Int, or some other form or recon, maybe even some tinkering?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: draknoir2

You two seem to have taken personal offense to my posts, so please allow me to apologize. I do not mean to personally offend your sensibilities, but merely to point out how they aren't beneficial to the thread or the pursuit of knowledge at large.

We can sit and navel gaze about the existence of ET, we can look at fuzzy videos and read tea leaves, but at the end of the day, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans unless the evidence collected -means something-. I think it speaks to my point that I have become the target of your posts, rather than the merit of my message, because you don't seem to come up with an appropriate counter claim.

I welcome your reasoning, I encourage it. I want to understand why people believe these sorts of videos are going to do anything, especially in the age of easily faked evidence.

edit on 14-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Tomorrow's lesson will be on "condescension".
is that the water like substance that grows on my windows when it gets cold?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You two seem to have taken personal offense to my posts

People posting on the internet don't offend me.

I welcome your reasoning, I encourage it. I want to understand why people believe these sorts of videos are going to do anything, especially in the age of easily faked evidence.

I already touched on that. People really do think that if there is enough of this "fuzzy" evidence, that this will increase the chances of one of the fuzzy pieces of evidence being ET. Then there is the mindset that if you can't positively Identify something, its not debunked and its more likely ET. Also people think that these fuzzy things attract the debunkers to come out and expose themselves and stop them from covering up the truth.
none of it is rational thinking so you will not get any rational responses.
edit on 14-11-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join