It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let The Weeping, And Gnashing Of Teeth (for Liberals), Begin.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Amen, professor. Amen. You've summed up my thoughts on this election better than I could have ever put it into writing.

The Liberal butthurt is strong with this election, and the propaganda is going to be blinding, but you know what? I'm thrilled that, as a people, we're collectively trying to unclog the toilet to flush the crap away.

LMAO. Those are probably the two greatest sentences I've ever read at ATS, because of how honest they are, and just how damned true.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Exactly. Thank-you for saving me the trouble of searching up examples lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: loam

If that were the case, the 3rd party votes would have been higher. When I was a kid, Dad told me - vote for the less horrible of the two major parties. If you vote for the 3rd party guy, you split the votes against the horrible guy, and he wins.

He was right. Funny how it takes so long for those lessons to sink in when you're like me: learn via experience, not via teachers' words.

I watched it happen last night. It makes me sad - but, I"m not a quitter. I'm just sort of like, "Meh." So - we carry on with the same old same old same. Old.

Same.

Okay, that's all for me. Talk to you all later!

Love your avatar(pom owner here) but must say I 100 percent disagree so no hard feelings despite that:

Pretty much the reason why the downfall continues is that people feel they can only vote least of the worst. It's part of the cycle that needs to be broken, otherwise it continues to be much of the same.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
So the USA has done the world another disservice.
Seeing climate change is real and is effected by mankind and your politicians will just ignore it.....great cheers for helping ruin the world.
USA pity the "screw you jack Iam doing fine" attitude is growing when for a time it was getting better.
Your all gonna end up alone.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

And yet the Democrats had a filibuster-proof supermajority for a while during Obama's first term. Did they pass climate change legislation? Nope. Before you blame the American people, conservatives, or Republicans, think about that one for a while.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

:-)

That made me smile boymonkey - true enough

Try to remember it wasn't all of us - when you get that SOS

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis
Inhofe is gonna be the head of the environmental committee. Utterly perverse.

:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Spiramirabilis
Inhofe is gonna be the head of the environmental committee. Utterly perverse.

:

That will be interesting considering he wrote a book about the global warming hoax

The title is ...
"The Greatest Hoax: How the Global Warming Conspiracy Threatens Your Future Hardcover – February 7, 2012
by Senator James Inhofe"

Jeeeze Louise

Sounds extra scientific.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
You know what's weird? The Prez's you guys hate are the best loved in the rest of the world.

Because the rest of the world wants the USA to fall to their level and those are the POTUS' that will harm the USA the most. Secret (or not so secret) hate of the USA is what drives many foreigners interest in USA politics.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I feel like we're trapped in a Terry Gilliam flick

How does something like that happen in real life?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Liberals are rejoicing. They call themselves Conservative Republicans, but anyone who knows anything about US politics prior to 1980 knows that Republicans are just a different stripe of liberal.

Big spending, and big government control over personal freedoms & choice.

More of the same, just like before, except the petty, nonsense issues discussed most loudly will change.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Those people are the best possible thing for other parties. Just sit back and watch it burn for a while everything will be built back stronger and better after the next election.

Yes, you're right. Thanks for the reminder. After I got over the disgust, I just said, "Meh. Fine. Let them collapse the whole damn country. Then we begin again using common sense."

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Grimpachi

Those people are the best possible thing for other parties. Just sit back and watch it burn for a while everything will be built back stronger and better after the next election.

Yes, you're right. Thanks for the reminder. After I got over the disgust, I just said, "Meh. Fine. Let them collapse the whole damn country. Then we begin again using common sense."

Funny. Many of us said the same thing after the liberals won.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jainine

You know what's weird? The Prez's you guys hate are the best loved in the rest of the world.

Because the rest of the world wants the USA to fall to their level and those are the POTUS' that will harm the USA the most. Secret (or not so secret) hate of the USA is what drives many foreigners interest in USA politics.

No, the rest of the world wants you to stop pissing in everyone else's pool. That's why Carter and HW are looked at better. As to your politics, it's much more interesting than most. It's a cross between a train wreck and a carnival.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think the next 2 years are going to be a lesson in politics for conservatives and progressives alike.

The conservatives now have the lead and they MUST do something with it. it's the job of Congress to make laws that benefit the country and lead them to prosperity and happiness. They now have two years to show how easy it will be to do that.

The progressives will be watching the conservatives with mirth at how hard it is to pass laws when someone roadblocks them at every step.

This could end up being a catalyst for the citizenry to make change in the system that leads to real change and progress.

A little part of me was hoping the conservatives would sweep the elections because I have a feeling that they'll end up giving perspective to the people.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

:-)

That made me smile boymonkey - true enough

Try to remember it wasn't all of us - when you get that SOS

Don't worry I already have choosen whom the UK will save

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

Oh great. We've traded GOP whining for GOP gloating. I don't know which is more nauseating.

Or you could say we've exchanged Liberal gloating, for Liberal whining, couldn't we?

Yes, you could say that. You'd be wrong though.

Not according to the threads I've seen popping up on ATS today, I wouldn't.

The sky is officially falling, according to some.

yep just like the skies falling when Obama went into office...and oh...the end of civilization didn't happen? Weird

He wasn't the anti-christ as many on the right touted? strange

I just adore partisan politics

It literally boils down to this

((substitute player 1 and 2 for liberal and conservative))

1. OMG your side is evil and does bad things!

2. OMG so is yours

1. OMG they are so not....here is ten 'facts' of why it's your sides fault ((previous message brought to you by the alliance of Fox News and your friends at MSNBC...truly neutral))

2. I can't believe you play into partisanship...MY side never does that

1. OMG yes they do!

2. Only YOUR side is guilty

-Player 3 enters the game-

3. You guys are idiots...

Yes everyone...Obama is the only president who ever F'ed up...Bush was supremely innocent and pure and never screwed our economy or started a war (see also: 2)

Bush is our saving grace! Mitt would have been the saving grace too! And now that the conservatives have won pretty much everything outside of Cali and NY...we'll be prosperous and happy and lucky all day long

((offer of happiness not valid to gays, blacks, hispanics, women, atheists and trans members. If not fully satisfied with the New Hope GOP program, send unused portion of America to 123 I Don't Care Ln for a full refund and an anti-free speech guarantee))

So here we go...conservatives have their chance...I guess all the social progress will slow down now...and to be honest I can almost espouse conservative ideas of competition, market and economics if it weren't for the extremely rampant and blatant hypocrisy of it

"Welfare? Pssh...they need to pull themselves up by their boot straps...sorry can you excuse me? I need to lower disability payments and give Walmart another tax and land break"

Look don't get me wrong people...liberals ((of which I am...sort of one? I don't even want a label anymore)) do some really stupid crap too

I DO believe in welfare and personal rights but I also believe the system needs to be money and care for those that try to make it ((if capable...obviously if fully disabled there isn't much a chance))

Yes the welfare system is being abused and I'd like to see not reform but the system working properly as a pick me up until you can find proper gainful employment

I am not even concerned anymore...the conservatives are just gonna keep screwing us even more just like the libs did...

All I am saying is don't pretend like this is the new way...the promise of a bright future...they are politicians...corporate lobby-fueled, greedy politicians...both sides

So my two questions

If by some chance you win POTUS as well...which is quite possible

1. How long will you blame Obama for things your team didn't correct...or does that only apply when a lib takes over for a conservative?

2. What is really going to change?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Ah, The maturity of grown adults is why I frequent this site so.....much?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy

Ah, The maturity of grown adults is why I frequent this site so.....much?

I come here for the political conspiracies and the free coupons for hair-care products that the mods hand out if you ask.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: grahag
I think the next 2 years are going to be a lesson in politics for conservatives and progressives alike.

The conservatives now have the lead and they MUST do something with it. it's the job of Congress to make laws that benefit the country and lead them to prosperity and happiness. They now have two years to show how easy it will be to do that.

The progressives will be watching the conservatives with mirth at how hard it is to pass laws when someone roadblocks them at every step.

This could end up being a catalyst for the citizenry to make change in the system that leads to real change and progress.

A little part of me was hoping the conservatives would sweep the elections because I have a feeling that they'll end up giving perspective to the people.

Had to star you just for mentioning the lack of perspective so commonplace
in the big voting bloc. It didn't show up for the mid-term because of the
demoralization and general midterm apathy anyway.

But when things don't work with the pendulum stuck into the clock
wall on the other inside, people have gradually been noticing.
Real change as I parallel your feelings, will happen when the big bloc
notices the only change will be a non-thug, aka not a Purple Gang candidate.

Legislative gridlock, so far in my lifetime has been a nonpartisan dynamic.
Or should I say lack of one.
edit on 7-11-2014 by derfreebie because: Hey they both suck NOW WHAT? duh

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join