It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let The Weeping, And Gnashing Of Teeth (for Liberals), Begin.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

originally posted by: intrepid
Oh great. We've traded GOP whining for GOP gloating. I don't know which is more nauseating.

Or you could say we've exchanged Liberal gloating, for Liberal whining, couldn't we?

Yes, you could say that. You'd be wrong though.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

In the words of our new Turtlesque majority leader... "Ayup." That' the only thing that annoys me about this election. How can anyone with more than two brain cells vote for that man and how could he float his way to the top of one of the most powerful institutions in human history? That is the real slap in the face from TPTB. If you're going to lord an aristocracy over us, at least have them be aristocratic.

I can't stand McConnell, myself.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Oh great. We've traded GOP whining for GOP gloating. I don't know which is more nauseating.

Or you could say we've exchanged Liberal gloating, for Liberal whining, couldn't we?

Not according to the threads I've seen popping up on ATS today, I wouldn't.

The sky is officially falling, according to some.

link   
Nothing will change! How many times must we go through this cycle of BULLSH$T before you get it? Democrat, Republican IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE!!!Text

This fabricated farce called elections just measure how pissed off the SLAVES are... so now they''ll stick to the same old tired plan, tried and true to once again fool the unwashed masses that "things are gonna change" for the trillionth time and once again we enter once again onto this Samsara of BullSH$T!!
edit on 5-11-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: A little too...... tone it down.....an make it LAY LOW.

link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Bravo...

I wish I could write like this.

S&F

I've read your writing; you do just fine.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

And the gloating? From previously? Right. You are only seeing what you want.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So are you. We're merely viewing this from different perspectives.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The corporate owners of the US like this result. Excellent ROI and paybacks coming for the record spend.

-fire sales on federal land
-loosening regulatory standards on energy and banking
-military industrial complex getting healthy with endless wars
-status quo on immigration to allow the continued exploitation of human slave labor
-Corporates cutting costs for maintaining those pesky human workers in the US. Not sure how much they can steal in 2 years.
More tax breaks and asset transfers for the 1%. Meanwhile duped WASP authoritarians expecting some spoils. LOL

It will be all wrapped up before the next election cycle. Sorry WASPs you are still asleep at the wheel. You won't get your spoils.

The wild card? Religious zealots. Unpredictable lot that they are.

I hope for some positive surprises in there somewhere, but humans lost and the machines won.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yes but as one without a dog in this fight who would you say sees things clearer?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

What I find interesting, is that Obama finds himself the same as Bush did in his last 2 years in office.

The opposing party controlled the Senate and House with Bush, and now the opposing party controls the Senate and House with Obama.

Now everyone blamed Bush for his last 2 years in office leading up to the depression/recession that we have all struggled with these past few years.

I wonder if Obama will carry the weight and authority upon his shoulders when the time comes as well.

Because you can't have it both ways. If the GOP lead Senate and House are going to be the cause of all future drama (as I'm sure they will be accused of) then you'll have to admit that the DNC created the current economic crisis we've been sitting in for the past 6 years.

So what's it going to be, people?

Is the president still in charge?

Or is he a helpless puppet.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Right. Is this the change we've been waiting for? The change we can count on? The change we can believe in?

I've heard that before. New faces, same old song and dance. Nothing will change until the Rs and Ds are uprooted and cast aside like so many bad weeds.
edit on 11/5/2014 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Yes but as one without a dog in this fight who would you say sees things clearer?

If you're upset at the outcome, your dog lost. You had a dog in this fight, whether you claim a party, or not.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

This is the most insightful post I have read all day. The fact is that the Democrats caused the financial crisis of 2008. Bush was just along for the ride.

link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
Right. Is this the change we've been waiting for? The change we can count on? The change we can believe in?

I've heard that before. New faces, same old song and dance. Nothing will change until the Rs and Ds are uprooted and cast aside like so many bad weeds.

So, let's all just sit back, and not take part. Is that what you're saying? Sounds counter-productive to me.

link   

What you've learned during the period of undisputed democrat leadership is simply what many of us have known for a long time.

Glad you've seen the light. Now it's time to get the RINO flotsam out of the GOP.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Yeah, I figured the Tea Party would have chewed him up a long time ago. I guess not many libertarians won Senate seats though. That's the real problem with having an upper house, it seems universal among bicameral systems that it is the harder of the two to change.

I think we need to have a new system where every week, congress's approval rating is averaged and at any point they fall below 51%, they must all meet to draw straws. Anyone who doesn't show up and 1 randomly selected senator and 4 randomly selected congressmen are sent to live as a guest of one of the minimum wage working class families in Detroit for the following week during which time they will have to serve 40 hours of community service to the people of Detroit. If they can't govern properly, at least that way they might begin to see firsthand what the people are going through.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

If you're upset at the outcome, your dog lost. You had a dog in this fight, whether you claim a party, or not.

I'm Canadian dude. And while, yes, American policy does affect us to a large degree I don't give a flying paste for Rep's or Dem's.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
La reply to: ProfessorChaos

The weeping and gnashing of teeth and ripping of the loin cloth should be reserved for all non Americans because now we have 2 years of crap to put up with whilst deluded yanks argue over which asshole and his Party is more awesome.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

What you've learned during the period of undisputed democrat leadership is simply what many of us have known for a long time.

Glad you've seen the light. Now it's time to get the RINO flotsam out of the GOP.

It wasn't a learning experience for me, other than to see more people getting fed up with Progressive Liberal policies.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

Yeah, I figured the Tea Party would have chewed him up a long time ago. I guess not many libertarians won Senate seats though. That's the real problem with having an upper house, it seems universal among bicameral systems that it is the harder of the two to change.

I think we need to have a new system where every week, congress's approval rating is averaged and at any point they fall below 51%, they must all meet to draw straws. Anyone who doesn't show up and 1 randomly selected senator and 4 randomly selected congressmen are sent to live as a guest of one of the minimum wage working class families in Detroit for the following week during which time they will have to serve 40 hours of community service to the people of Detroit. If they can't govern properly, at least that way they might begin to see firsthand what the people are going through.

There definitely needs to be more actual Constitutional Conservatives elected than there are. I'll take the RINO's for now, but I want them gone as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join