It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let The Weeping, And Gnashing Of Teeth (for Liberals), Begin.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What a difference a day makes, eh?

Yesterday, like every day of the previous (nearly) six years, Liberals in this country contented themselves in the fact that they controlled the destiny of the United States.

Today, they are wearing sackcloth, and covering themselves in ashes (you know who you are).

Yesterday, the people spoke loudly, and proclaimed their displeasure with the sitting President, and the so-called leadership of the Senate, even more so, they proclaimed their displeasure with the Democrat party, and its Progressive Liberal agenda.

I am one of those voices that shook the nation yesterday. I didn't do so because I'm a Republican (I'm not), I did so, because these people had been at the helm during the slow, arduous decline of this country, and were trying with all of their might, to press down on the accelerator.

During the period of undisputed Democratic leadership, this country has seen its credit rating downgraded for the first time ever in its history, and then again nine months later. These "leaders" enacted sweeping legislation that was falsely presented to the American people (Obamacare) without ever reading it. While lamenting Government intrusion into the lives of the average citizen, these leaders allowed the extension of the Patriot Act.

Liberals have been crying that Republicans blocked the the passage of bills that would have saved the nation, while ignoring Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid's blatant refusal to allow legislation to be voted on in the Senate (something like 40 bills, just pertaining to jobs, have been shelved by Reid). That is your bottleneck, people. One Man was deciding the fate of the nation for the last six years, by allowing the President carte blanche with his executive orders, and refusing to even consider bills offered by the House.

The people that have been roundly drubbed in this election, are the same people that claim that Government creates jobs, not businesses, yet have managed to do little more than create a 'Part-Time' economy in the last six years.

Today, I've read some extremely panicked threads/posts from unhappy Liberals, who claim that the sky is now falling. All I can say to that, is "Get over it. You had your chance, and have managed to do nothing with it."

Climate Change will now be ignored? I can only hope so. That fallacious, fear-mongering pseudoscience deserves to be buried, and forgotten.

There will be attacks of Women's Rights? Please! Mia Love, or Shelley Moore Capito, may have a bone to pick with you on that one.

I truly hope that now, the Keystone Pipeline can be allowed to happen. You know, so people can get jobs, pay their bills, have more affordable energy, rather than the not-ready-for-prime time green energy that has already cost taxpayers BILLIONS without delivering anything other than scandals?

As I stated previously, I am not a Republican. I had to hold my nose to vote for the new Republican Governor-Elect of Massachusetts, Charlie Baker, yesterday, but the last thing my state needed was Martha Coakley, and her crooked cronies, running this state even further into Liberal oblivion. In fact, I took my ballot, and voted against every single incumbent in my state (it wasn't difficult, being as how they are all Liberal Democrats), and did so, with great pleasure.

This election was indeed a wave election, and to prove that, yesterday morning while at work, a young woman came out into the warehouse excitedly shouting "Everyone's voting Republican!", and skipped through the loading dock area to fill her water bottle. That was when I knew that things are truly changing. It made me feel good to know that I was not alone in my disgust with the state of this once-fine Union.

The Liberal butthurt is strong with this election, and the propaganda is going to be blinding, but you know what? I'm thrilled that, as a people, we're collectively trying to unclog the toilet to flush the crap away.

Will any of this make a real difference? Only time will tell, and if it doesn't, we'll have more work to do during the next election, but my outlook is a lot more positive since the election totals started coming in.

Obama promised 'Hope and Change', and I highly doubt that this is what he meant, but I'm looking forward to the future much more than I ever was in the last six years.

In closing, as the thread title states: Let the weeping, and gnashing of teeth (for Liberals), begin.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Well, the Commonwealth got Tom Wolf as a governor, so it is likely marijuana legalization is finally coming our way. Let the federal government burn to the ground. It has been a lost cause since at least 1913.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

Well, the Commonwealth got Tom Wolf as a governor, so it is likely marijuana legalization is finally coming our way. Let the federal government burn to the ground. It has been a lost cause since at least 1913.

That's Pennsylvania, right? Can't say I'm familiar with either of the candidates there.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Do you actually believe anything will change?

Because I don't.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Bravo...

I wish I could write like this.

S&F

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

+1

new puppets in place of old puppets....

The only changes we'll see are more of the same changes we've been seeing. Less rights, more rules. Keep working so those in charge can afford to prepare for the coming mess.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If nothing else it was a signal that people want change. I'm not confident that the change we get will be the change we want. I wish I could say otherwise.

We'll see.

Most of Clinton's signature achievements that everyone remembers so fondly came with a Republican controlled Congress. So maybe Obama will wise up and salvage his legacy.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Do you actually believe anything will change?

Because I don't.

I think most people were just desperate to stop the liberal change from further damaging the country. Hopefully we have stopped the bleeding, but I agree with you that nothing positive will probably happen.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Oh great. We've traded GOP whining for GOP gloating. I don't know which is more nauseating.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Oh great. We've traded GOP whining for GOP gloating. I don't know which is more nauseating.

The worst is liberal whining and we are about to get a giant dose in the coming two years.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yesterday was a dog and pony show for those that believe (one more time) in any change from the status quo.

Today, they are wearing sackcloth, and covering themselves in ashes (you know who you are).

Everyone who votes can enjoy their roasted sackcloth and ash tea buffet.

Yesterdays it was the politicians on every channel promising reform this and better that and now they are quiet, back to whatever they do behind their many closed doors.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A theocratic oligarchy... Woot.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The worst is liberal whining....

As one looking in from the outside I can tell you that you aren't even close. "The MSM". "I'm a racist". Blah, blah, blah. And IF Hillary wins in '16 it'll change from "racist" to "sexist."

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

That could be interesting.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Exactly what liberal change do you speak of? What great liberal programs have come to pass under Obama? I'm just curious because I seem to have missed them.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Do I believe change will occur? Eventually, yes.

Will it be because of this election? Not entirely. I think that this election is a harbinger of future elections. The people are getting tired of having fairy dust sprinkled up their skirt, and want some work to be done (I know I do).

Those that wish to call every politician a puppet, are free to, but I choose to be optimistic that I can still affect some kind of change with my vote. If I'm wrong, and the elections are rigged, what difference will it make? "They" will do what they will do, regardless of what I want, right? It can't possibly be foolish to try to use the voice that I'm supposed to have, could it?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yesterday, I awoke to a long enjoyable rain in texas that lasted till about lunch time. But I don't think it was rain at all.... It seems we were nearly drowned in liberal tears... Hehehe.

Jokes aside, I don't have high hopes of sweeping change across the nation. I've seen both sides fail miserably at what should be simple. I'm with you on swallowing a giant lump as I voted for a republican for the first time ever.

But hey, I did what I was supposed to do and now I've earned my right to complain.

Good stuff.

Boba

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Or you could say we've exchanged Liberal gloating, for Liberal whining, couldn't we? It does work both ways, you know.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

In the words of our new Turtlesque majority leader... "Ayup." That' the only thing that annoys me about this election. How can anyone with more than two brain cells vote for that man and how could he float his way to the top of one of the most powerful institutions in human history? That is the real slap in the face from TPTB. If you're going to lord an aristocracy over us, at least have them be aristocratic.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Yeah, because Republicans are so theological. Please, these people aren't theologians, or Priests, they're politicians, and lawyers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join