It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient was on flight from Cleveland to Dallas!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I fear Ebola due to their incompetence. It's hubris, dismissiveness and arrogance that has caused this to spiral....

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

No, they had it scheduled for routine maint after that last flight to Dallas. Aren't they based out of Colorado?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Well, here's the deal. Whether she ADMITS she had one or not:

1. She may not have even known (that "chill" you feel on a plane in October coming from Ohio may or may not be fever chills!)

2. She may be a liar in addition to being real damned thoughtless!

3. Now that we've established she's thoughtless....she may have wanted to "go home" to report herself. Which would absolutely not surprise me.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
a reply to: CardiffGiant

This is the local Fox affiliate in Cleveland's live stream:

Fox 8

I'm up here as well, but you did give me a chuckle. I clicked the link and what pops up prior to the video, but a Airline commercial. That's just to ironic.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

So basically right now our great government is spreading false info too the MM to control the public....and behind there back there crossing their fingers hoping no one else was infected on this flight.

I think best case scenario sadly is someone was infected and then maybe the public will wake up an start calling for heads to roll with the mishandling of this ebola outbreak, to go along with criminal charges.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here's some interesting info from Heavy.com

Amber Joy Vinson: 5 Facts You Need to Know

link   
so the emergency director is giving the presser in cleveland now.

said about 5 times that there are no cases in cleveland but she has activated emergency measures but that is for passing of info...according to her.

then she started to talk about how it is spread and she said you have to be in direct contact

said the nurse flew in to prepare for her wedding. wanted to see her mom and fiance's mom
left cleveland monday the 13th

dept of public health has activated all her team members for an emergency response plan...situation awareness..
said they have a command central at 205 st clair ave

asst director of public safety is talking...

a specific protocol has been drafted for cops, fire, and ems.

they have a surveilance tracking tool attached to every 911 call. if callers meet certain criteria their info will be sent to all responders. also the info will be passed onto the cdc.

specific guidelines for first responders....
must wear ppe...universal precautions...

link   
a reply to: Valhall

Or she could have simply lied to herself.

I am one of those people who have often denied to myself that I am ill. I thought that was pretty common.

*wavy wavy* btw, wb.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If she knew she had a fever prior to boarding, that's appalling if not outright criminal, IMHO.

And who was she reporting her temperature to? Didn't the CDC say on Sunday morning that they would then be monitoring all of the HCWs who worked with Duncan, from that point forward? Doesn't that make CDC culpable? Shouldn't they have known if the were "monitoring" her?

Also, with regard to the plane/flight she took, here is what the Former Inspector General for the USDOT said about decontaminating planes:

edition.cnn.com...

COSTELLO: Mary, do you envision a time in the near future, maybe if we see another Ebola case, let's say in Boston or some other city in the United States, that the travel ban, or at least a partial ban, might be implemented?

MARY SCHIAVO, CNN AVIATION ANALYST: Well, absolutely. And it's just a matter of common sense. We see people in moon suits telling us not to worry and fly the world. But what they don't understand is the nature of an aircraft. And let me draw a parallel to the ambulance in Texas. The ambulance in Texas took this gentleman to the hospital who has Ebola. The ambulance is then taken out of service and they are scrubbing the school where these five little children went, in moon suits, to take any precautions. You cannot do that to an aircraft. An aircraft is a $350 million flying computer, and there's no way to disinfect the seats, there's no way to disinfect the bathrooms and you're forgetting about the people who work in the belly of the plane, who load it, who service it. It is a trajectory through which the virus can be transported and you can't clean it. And that's the problem, an aircraft is not an ambulance, and you just can't do that.

COSTELLO: So what are you suggesting, Mary? Should there be some sort of ban or a partial ban be put into place?

SCHIAVO: Yes. Absolutely, and it should be a ban on the aircraft. We should suspend service to those infected areas. Yes, people can still travel to Brussels and travel to the United States, but it's not possible for us to contain it on the aircraft. You're focusing on the people and I think we need to focus on the actual service providing instruments, the aircraft, the services, the things that go on the aircraft. So, yes, I think a ban is in place and it should have been put in place long ago. Like I said, they're standing there in moon suits telling us it's OK to get on the plane. It's not. No common sense.

edit on 10/15/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Okay...okay. Maybe not criminally negligent then.

But definitely CRIMINALLY STUPID.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valhall
a reply to: drwill

there aint nobody out there that can "pick" the "gestation" period and call things okie-dokie. Not as far as I'm concerned.

Hey, don't bring me into this....

Recent studies conducted in West Africa have demonstrated that 95% of confirmed cases have an incubation period in the range of 1 to 21 days; 98% have an incubation period that falls within the 1 to 42 day interval.

WHO

So in 3% of cases it can be present for up to 42 days, at least that is how I understand it. If this is the case, then the "magical" 21 day period may not be enough even with the best precautions taken.

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: suz62
a reply to: kosmicjack

kosmic, we are powerless to fight. I don't believe enough people will rise up to make a difference.

We are NOT powerless.

If the government won't stop flights WE can...WE the people who take flights, fly the planes, clean the planes, refuel the planes, handle luggage, take reservations can STOP doing so.

And the people who are risking their lives caring for the ill need to realize this isn't just another picnic in the park and stay isolated as well. The CDC really should have told them that.

BS we're powerless.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
And who was she reporting her temperature to? Didn't the CDC say on Sunday morning that they would then be monitoring all of the HCWs...,

Excellent point. I remember that as well.

Obviously a complete lie.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
dude talking is a big old wind bag...
he said they have a lot of experience with this kind of pathogen......uuuuh, ok

theyre saying they are not aware of all her movements in cleveland..

they just said again she was not contagious as reported by the cdc.....
i dont get that though since new reports say she had a fever while she was traveling

basically they are saying the public health director is deferring to the cdc....

now they said they found out the situation at 6am.....they 'could' have had an immediate press conference but they would not have known all the facts so they chose to wait.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Don't they need fresh tobacco leaves for that? Live plants? How are they going to do that in the fall and winter?

You don't think that tobacco companies stop manufacturing cigarettes during winter months, do you?
How USA-centric of you to think that tobacco only grows in the States...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
If she knew she had a fever prior to boarding, that's appalling if not outright criminal, IMHO.

And who was she reporting her temperature to? Didn't the CDC say on Sunday morning that they would then be monitoring all of the HCWs who worked with Duncan, from that point forward? Doesn't that make CDC culpable? Shouldn't they have known if the were "monitoring" her?

Damned good question! What does monitoring entail? Apparently not effing much! I thought they were taking temperatures twice a day on every person tagged "monitored", so are they doing honor system temp recordings?

Pencil-whipping ebola control.

In the phraseology of Mirthful Me...*not just for hemorrhaging monkeys anymore*.

Unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

a reply to: kosmicjack

kosmic, we are powerless to fight. I don't believe enough people will rise up to make a difference.

We are NOT powerless.

If the government won't stop flights WE can...WE the people who take flights, fly the planes, clean the planes, refuel the planes, handle luggage, take reservations can STOP doing so.

And the people who are risking their lives caring for the ill need to realize this isn't just another picnic in the park and stay isolated as well. The CDC really should have told them that.

BS we're powerless.

In theory yes, I would agree with you. But it only takes one or two people - kinda of like Ms. Vinson - who are either stupid, careless, or don't care who they put at risk. You cannot control what people do...as much as we'd like to.

I can refuse to get on an airplane. I can refuse to go to my job as a ticket agent/baggage handler/pilot/flight attendant......but there's always somebody out there who thinks they can't get sick, or they won't hurt anyone. Someone who feels they HAVE to go to their job, or they HAVE to take that flight for business reasons.

We're not powerless when it come to TPTB...but we are powerless when it comes to our fellow man/woman who doesn't do the right thing, or the the smart thing and puts everyone they come into contact with, at risk.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I can't believe how these moronic journalists just as a matter of fact keep saying

It cannot be transmitted until symptoms exhibit.

Apparently none of these idiots have children.

link   
White House briefing starting now.

link   
they are so vague. they were just asked what protective gear they will wear.

he said they will wear gloves and OTHER equipment depending on what they will be doing...

mayor said the situation is serious enough to have a press conference to let the public know they are on top of it....

now the mayor said to his knowledge nobody is infected in cleveland but there is reason to be concerned...

keeps saying people need to know what to do to protect themselves but they are not saying what people can do.

they are tying to get enough 'gear' in stock and are working on backup gear but on a front line basis they have enough protective gear.

if someone is diagnosed they will contact the cdc

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join