It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient was on flight from Cleveland to Dallas!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
"Why/how was she able to get on an airplane?"

Frieden: She.... Shouldn't... Have.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
a reply to: Valhall

She seems really, really irresponsible!

Also, what was she doing in Ohio while she was here?

I'm trying not to judge, but yeah...what the heck was she thinking? And YES, I want to know where all she went while she was roaming the country.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
She was visiting family in AKRON according to my local news that has interrupted my regular programming for the past hour or more.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Live local news in Cleveland is now saying that Summit County Health Dept and the CDC are working to figure out everywhere she went/visited while she was in Ohio

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valhall

And just because she ended up detecting a low grade fever the NEXT day, does not mean she was not running a low grade fever on the 13th when she boarded that plane.

*sigh*

the article i read said she was isolated on the 14th with a high fever.

i know this does not mean she had any symptoms on the 13th, but she could have.

if she had a high fever on the 13th, she could have had a low fever on the 13th.

does a .5 degree fever qualify as a symptom? does that symptom mean she was showing symptoms?
i ask because a person could very well be running a low fever and not know it.

this lady willingly put people at risk....she should face some sort of consequence for this.

she is a nurse. she should be held to a higher standard than people that know nothing about healthcare.'

i know she is not an ebola master and has no reason to be. however, as a nurse who treated an ebola patient, she had to know there was a chance she was exposed.
if she was not in mandatory isolation then she should have done nothing except go home and monitor herself. NOT get on a plane

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

You are not judgmental at all, Val, ebola is a very infectious disease and a deadly one, the morons in the CDC is treating ebola like it was the seasonal flu.

I am so outraged you have not idea.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701
I wonder if the CDC will actually send people this time or if they will watch from afar?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

she is a nurse. she should be held to a higher standard than people that know nothing about healthcare.'

i know she is not an ebola master and has no reason to be. however, as a nurse who treated an ebola patient, she had to know there was a chance she was exposed.
if she was not in mandatory isolation then she should have done nothing except go home and monitor herself. NOT get on a plane

THIS, I ABSOLUTELY agree with 100%. If you are a health care worker you should be held to a higher standard. And I'm sorry, wanting to see your family is not a good enough reason. Well, right now, I can't think of a good enough reason!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
So when did she fly from Dallas to Cleveland and why?

depending on the article it says she flew here on the 8th, or the 10th.
i have read both dates in different sites.

as to the why?

my guess is she wanted to visit her family...she is from here.

my theory is she knew there was a chance she was exposed. so, she took off to visit her family in case she winds up sick.

thats my theory

The CDC needs to add to its illustrious "protocol" that no one caring for ebola patients be allowed to fly freely around until they are 1.) done being exposed and 2.) have been symptom free for two months. Sorry if that's harsh, but this is a harsh reality.
edit on 10/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: fixed my it's typo grr

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701
FYI for anyone interested, in or out of Ohio.

Cleveland's mayor has a press conference coming up in about an hour (at 2 pm EST). It'll be streamed live on newsnet5.com as well as fox8.com.

Fox8 also has current live stream coverage going on right now.

Tia. I will go to their site and check it out!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I have the live FOX8 stream playing in another tab right now. Just a heads up that I had to click the link to Watch on Android for it to play on my computer. Here's a direct link:

Live coverage from Cleveland

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tothehilt

So Cleveland, now Akron....

Great.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
a reply to: tothehilt

So Cleveland, now Akron....

Great.

Yes, and depending on what part of Akron her family is in, this could get ugly. I have family in Akron and in some of those neighborhoods the people live like animals.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
So... when they say they're monitoring people who have had contact with Duncan... what exactly do they mean? Cause I'd say that a nurse who had contact with him should be on that list, no?

Also, she showed no concern for the strangers AND her family by doing this. Methinks being a nurse, aka taking care of people who need help, probably isn't the best job for her.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I would have to agree that this whole mess definitely deserves criminal charges. Not only for Ms.Vinson, but for all who were involved with letting her fly, and those that should have made sure she was under quarantine. An example needs to be made now to try to prevent this stupidity from happening again.

Ms.Vinson in my eyes was basically a weapon of mass destruction and shouldn't be treated as otherwise.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

The CDC needs to add to it's illustrious "protocol" that no one caring for ebola patients be allowed to fly freely around until they are 1.) done being exposed and 2.) have been symptom free for two months. Sorry if that's harsh, but this is a harsh reality.

yeah.
we are talking life and death.

might be time to omg omg violate some civil rights and lock these people down.

its her fault for getting on a plane and it is their fault for not forcing her into lock down..

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm beginning to wonder if Ebola only becomes highly infectious in the last stages of the disease.
All the people who had very close contact with Duncun in the early stages never came down with it, but those caring for him as he was dieing seem to be at great risk.

If I knew I had been exposed to a deadly disease, the last thing I would do is visit my family!.... or anybody else in this world; but that's just me.

I have said for years, all it would take to enact Marshal Law and get the military+LEO to turn on We The People would be a deadly disease. If it shows up in a few more states, we will have the perfect storm.....but I personally think this is only a test run. The Real Deal won't be until after TPTB have identified their weaknesses.
edit on 3u1212America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Not just irresponsible...CRIMINALLY irresponsible.

It's not like she's just your average, run-of-the-mill, citizen...she's a nurse for heck sake! Who dealt with a patient with Ebola.

It's gotten to the point, today, where the bogglement of my mind is making me dizzy. I feel like the asylum patients have taken over the country and are running amok...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
if things stay on the current path this is going to spread fast.

i am very worried about this cleveland situation.

i am also at a loss for what to do.

i only have so much money on hand to buy supplies and they wont last long.

these people should be facing criminal charges

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What is going on?! A nurse who knew what she went through to treat a terminally ill Ebola patient jumps onto two or more planes to Akron, Ohio. It was probably two flights up, and two flights to get back. With two stop overs in some other cities such as Atlanta, Chicago, or Cincinnati.... I have family in Cincinnati. My brother travels almost weekly through that airport. In Akron she infects her parents, relatives, old friends, pumps some gas, visits the ATM machine, the mall, grocery store, and attends a foot ball game, and then uses the toilets in public, the airport's toilets and the airplane's toilets..... Who needs terrorists the nurses are starting to the job for them? If you can't trust the health care providers then you can't trust anyone. You would think her parents would have told her not to come. Dumb, dumb, dumb! We humanity are at risk from the stupid running this country. Everyone thinks they have to do what feels good for them right now. Selfish stupid people can ruin life for many.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join