It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance
As Yet but by all means do Give it time !

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: k3d59
Oh sh**t!!!!!
UTMB Galveston agrees to dispose of Ebola medical waste

Spread the love, right?

well somebody has to do it and they seem to actually know what they are doing. i think this is a good choice.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Problems (at first glance) are: the logistics of the transportation (I10,45 and the massive traffic flow through Houston and surrounding suburbs), the fact that disposal of research waste and large amounts of hospital waste are different things quantitatively and qualitatively, and the geographic and demographic profiles of Galveston-a small, densely populated island with a fair amount of recreational traffic. So, in this case, I have to disagree, UTMB Galveston is a bad choice. But I figure the owners of those multi-mil dollar beach houses-and the boat owners down in the marinas surrounding the Island- will have mucho to say about it. I'm surprised the mayor got involved enough to make a public statement at this point. Perry's gonna have to do some fast talking on this one.

The petition for the TRO and the exhibits will demonstrate that the whole issue of the waste disposal is up in the air. They won't be able to hand it off to Louisiana sooooooo....

LINK TO lOUISIANA'S Petition
Temporary Restraining Order
Exhibits

edit on 16-10-2014 by k3d59 because: Include links and exhibits for Louisiana's restraining order

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me why they can't just burn it somehow?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This colossal health disaster is the perfect example of how epidemics starts.

Thomas Duncan was the first, then one of the healthcare workers that took care of him followed soon after his death.

The second health care worker flew to Ohio while displaying symptoms, a number of people on that same flight were exposed for sure to this disease and now those people have scattered throughout Dallas - Fort Worth.

Now we have schools from Garland, tx to Colleyville, TX sending letters to parents stating that a few students that attend these schools were on that flight.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

That would be too easy.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

originally posted by: xavi1000

Patient zero of AIDS is year 1980 , 34 years fight with aids in US.More than 1.1 million people in the United States are living with HIV infection, and almost 1 in 6 (15.8%) are unaware of their infection.Ebola is far far away from this.

And 34 years later we still don't have a vaccine for HIV/Aids....

And they have been working with Ebola I believe since 1976 link. No vaccine.

Where does that leave us my friends? Hint see the first link in my sig... always a winner.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Is this the one that's being shipped around in a sterilized executive jet? How much that cost, I wonder? How many them we got, I wonder?

Who of the bleeding heart, "we have to help them and then bring it back here to get us as well" lot are going to put their hands up to pay for all of that?

They want to bankrupt our countries and get the rest of us sick or worse and should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

I don't think that is correct.

1) She was told to self monitor, with quite a few others.

2) She took it upon herself to travel even with the request to self monitor.

3) She became I'll in Ohio.

4) She called the CDC and since her fever wasn't 100.4 or higher they told her she could travel home.

That is my understanding of what transpired from all the news interviews I have seen.

Oh I see, so she had already traveled before she developed symptoms. But what difference does it make if she was on the last leg of her trip when the CDC said oh its ok just come on home!!!! The CDC is to blame for telling her that. But I do agree that it would have been common sense for her not to travel after possible exposure, and even more wrong for her to travel after developing a fever, which she reported and which the CDC said not to worry. The CDC director is not admitting they do not have control of the situation and that they are incompetent and unprepared.

Oh no, now they are saying (on CNN) that she was showing symptoms four days earlier than what was being reported. So she displayed symptoms in time for the first flight TO Ohio, and of course for the flight BACK to Dallas.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Oh good, now the bridal shop in Akron Ohio is shut down. The nurse (bride-to-be) spent about three hours there trying on wedding dresses. Now what do you do with the expensive wedding dresses she tried on ?
edit on 17-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoyalBlue
Oh good, now the bridal shop in Akron Ohio is shut down. The nurse (bride-to-be) spent about three hours there trying on wedding dresses. Now what do you do with the expensive wedding dresses she tried on ?

Burn them.
At a medical waste incinerator.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

That's explained in the Request for the Restraining Order submitted by Louisiana. The ashes have to be sampled, certified disease free and then the transportation process has to guarantee no contagion. That would be virtually impossible if medical waste is transported regularly within the state or intrastate. The legal documents presented by Louisiana have a wealth of information and are on the LAG's website, or the links above. And for my fellow Texans who are breathing a sigh of relief that they didn't get hit with being a dump site, may I remind you that those trucks will have to go through one of the following: Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Houston on their way to Galveston Island. Think about it. Live Ebola by products (medical waste) traveling by truck through the state with no certified protocol (again, check the Request for TRO to find out what that means-It's an inter agency problem involving CDc, OSHA, DOT, state entities, etc). If Ebola's here to stay, we need isolated regional disposal sites that can be secured and limited waste transport travel through population areas.

At any rate, Dallas Worker Isolated on Galveston Cruise Ship. Belize wouldn't allow disembarkation for medical transport. Sounds like the ship is sort of a Flying Dutchman.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Now they are recommending quarantining period of 31 days is more appropriate ! Dr. Alexander van Tulleken was saying the data the CDC has been relying on is inadequate, that two days ago a highly regarded paper released from Drexel University shows the incubation touted up until now at 6.2 days is actually 12 days, so a quarantine period of 31 days would be more appropriate.
edit on 17-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
UTMB conference live

abc13.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Again, a huge problem is going to be in the transport protocols. That's one of the reasons Louisiana was able to obtain the TRO. The truck can be decontaminated after transport, but after loading and during?
UTMB-1500 Pounds Waste

The route needs to be posted to the public so that traffic can be minimized. No matter how back roads are used to avoid major traffic artieries, the truck must get to Galveston via 45 and the causeway (unless they use the ferry), and then go through Galveston.

KHOU was reporting that the cruise ship nurse was having symptoms but had no confirmation. UTMB said on the conference that they don't know when the cruise ship is expected to dock. Let's hope that's a false alarm but if not, I guess it's just another issue to deal with.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: k3d59

They should install incinerators at the hospitals that have ebola patients to minimize transport of the infectious waste.

I have worked on incinerators at large hospitals, but many of them have been shut down. The hospitals usually opt to have large waste management companies do it for them off site.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: k3d59

UTMB said on the conference that they don't know when the cruise ship is expected to dock.

This is an absolute and utter falsehood!

These things are scheduled and other than being stuck in the Gulf or in dock due to thick fog (doesn't generally start happening more until a bit later in the year), they know exactly when they leave and exactly when the come back to within an hour.

The Port of Houston is a major north American port, theu don't just let big ships the size of a cruise ship and all of the other vessels mill about randomly.

I call BS.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Kinda seems as I read, watch, and listen to all the info that this seems like a fiction novel! One person pinballs to 2 then 6 then 100 then 1000.... WTF are we gonna do when there are 5 or 10 or 1000 patient zero's in America?

Read on another far far out conspiracy site that infected peeps are being laid out in sectors all over America. Has anyone heard anything that even remotely gives that bs some legs?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
So sad to see this severe illness making the rounds.

I watched a short clip of President Obama on RT news stating he wanted a medical swat team for these cases. I would like to add some thoughts to this.

There seems to be a problem at the point where a person with developing symptoms of Ebola meet with medical professionals. Bystanders and medical staff are not equipped with level 4 already on. Exposing them.

How about quickly equip each hospital with already built mobile buildings to place at the emergency entrances. Modify the buildings to have many small waiting rooms with a window sink and toilette . Cover the complete surface of these rooms with a waterproof material that can be hosed down and drained by one person in a has mat suit.

Two intake medical professionals suited level 4 for intake. Broken bones, or accident based emergencies can be directed straight into the standard emergency part of the hospital at this point.

Fever, flu, cough etc straight into isolated room. Have fast tests available for serious viruses brought in.

With a positive result then a medical swat team can be called . This swat team can then transport the patient to the nearest Level 4 equipped Medical center. Have several of these special medical centers around the country where there could be extra departments as needed. For example one department could handle contacts of the patient needing to be isolated where another could be ready to pick up sick individuals from public places that cannot safely get to a intake center.

All this without exposing our precious medical staff and other patients in the hospitals. If these illnesses become the new norm then hospitals can slowly remodel to accommodate.

Just some thoughts to throw into the mix.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguyI agree 100%. It's totally insane to tell people not to travel if exposed then send live waste across the interstate highway system. For Pete's sake, they grounded the planes and ambulances, closed schools and businesses, quarantined streets and residences and expect that the freakin' TRUCK transporting waste is sterile?

Face it, Austin. You have an emergency. Free up the funds to build incineration and disposal facilities on the mainland in remote, isolated locations-and we have plenty of isolated in West Texas, to start with. Forget trucking this sh*t onto an tourist island through major metro areas. You know what? Lets put a travel ban on all politicians. Period. You stay right where you are and see how this plays out. No running off to that cabin in the hills, Fun Boys and Girls.

On the bright side, I'll betcha you'll be able to get beachfront property cheap in Galveston soon.

And speaking of travel, quarantine and smart moves: "...A cruise ship with a Dallas health care worker aboard who is being monitored for signs of Ebola did not receive clearance to dock in Cozumel, Mexico, a day after Belize refused to let the passenger leave the vessel..."
The Flying Dutchman wanders toward home. Ship Refused Entry at Cozumel
edit on 17-10-2014 by k3d59 because: update travel ship

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join