It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Destinyone

There's one linked 2 posts up...you can google it too.

No, that is the Pastor of their church giving the interview. Not anyone from the family. I want to see/hear a real interview, via skype, phone, with an actual member of the family.

Des

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Probably under advisement of lawyers and not talking.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
Did anyone hear Dr. Shep's lecture this afternoon?

Shepard Smith Lectures Viewers as Ebola Continues to Spreads

Wow. Just. Wow.

The spin is amazing...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

I find it ironic. Duncan lies to get on a plane to get to America. Gets hundreds of thousands of dollars in free hospital aid, trying to get him well from a disease that has no known cure.

Now his family is probably going to sue the hospital for his death, and their trauma. Jessie Jackson is going to lead the charge for them, and the poor hospital has had their own staff struck with ebola due to Duncan being dishonest in the first place to get here.

Des

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The source was CNN and the video was linked in another thread. I'll find it when I'm not on my phone.

The CDC wasn't there so of course they don't know. The hospital is liable so of course they're trying to cover their tracks.

Also the local CBS station has anonymous nurses describing the situation.
edit on 15-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I posted this comment in another thread/forum and I think it worthy of posting here as well:

Ebola....the possibility to become a "highly" deadly infectious, transmutable or communicable disease...Ebola is a virus, which can become an infectious, transmutable or communicable disease. Ebola is infectious...a disease is not(research the difference). Diseases do not become infectious. Viruses can and most often times become "infectious". Especially, Ebola!

Ebola is a contagious virus which has the potential to become an infectious disease. Ebola is infectious. It is a virus!

Infection/Infectious means:
Infection

If you do not understand any of this, at the very least look here:

General WHO info
Ebola Virus/Disease
Wiki Reported Ebola Outbreaks

Take it or leave it, yet be prepared.

Notice that the largest out break of Ebola since the year 2000 is this year of 2014? Those numbers are something that we should all pay attention to. Globally, we jumped from a supposed 425 cases which occurred in Uganda (personally questionable given its location) to over 8,000 cases world wide in 2014.

Something to think about.
edit on 10/16/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: grumpydaysleeper
I went to CNN and read the story.
According to the Nursing Staff they haven't received proper training in handling an ebola patient.
I find it concerning that experienced personnel or properly trained personnel were not sought to take care of Mr Duncan. Makes me wonder if any hospital is truly prepared to handle a disease of that proportion.
I live about 120 or so miles away from Dallas and I don't mind telling you --- I'm getting a bit nervous over this!

How would you expect them to find nursing staff trained or experienced with handling patients with this disease, as there have been less cases in the U.S. than I can count on one hand?

This is something new for us. Unfortunately, we all have some learning to do and perhaps some re-arrange-ment of our lives. We need to invent protocols that weren't there before - because we didn't have this disease to deal with.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

This could be true. However, she needs to release a statement concerning the two nurses who became infected from her late fiancee. Something along the lines of " my heart and prayers are with these two young ladies", etc...

The fact that she hasn't only adds to the mystery of her health.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

I find it ironic. Duncan lies to get on a plane to get to America. Gets hundreds of thousands of dollars in free hospital aid, trying to get him well from a disease that has no known cure.

Now his family is probably going to sue the hospital for his death, and their trauma. Jessie Jackson is going to lead the charge for them, and the poor hospital has had their own staff struck with ebola due to Duncan being dishonest in the first place to get here.

Des

i didn't believe from the beginning he lied to get on the plane. it's not him that's lying, it's the reports about what really happened. his nephew says the story about him caring for the pregnant woman is FALSE. it's made up. that never happened. his nephew was forthright in saying duncan wanted to leave the country because he feard ebola and he was extremely cautious everywhere he went. he also says that when ducan first went to the ER he told them that he had come from africa and specifically from a place where ebola was prevalent. the hospital KNEW where he came from. he wasn't lying and he wanted help because he feared he might have ebola and the hospital sent him away. his nephew says the hospital screwed up and they are trying to cover their asses. THAT'S where the lies are coming from. they didn't give him the help he needed. had they done their jobs he MIGHT still be alive.

knowing the US... our track record is "cover your ass". that's what we do here. if we screw up we lie and lie some more and pretend we didn't do anything wrong.

i imagine we haven't heard from the girlfriend and whoever else is in isolation (we don't even know who they all are) because they are angry.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: OceanaZen

No, not airborne. That is still droplet transmission...

Nowhere in that article did they say it was airborne.

We already know it's transmissible via aeresols within 3-6 feet if an infected person, possibly 10 feet according to the CDC and WHO.

That isn't any new information.

you need to re=read the article. it says aerosol transmission (termed "airborne"). it also says that the wording needs to be changed to not even say airborne anymore that "aerosol transmissible" should be the new term (eliminating the usage of airborne altogether). it also clearly says NO ONE KNOWS how it's transmitted from one person to the next.

re-read it. i think it's clear that it's saying "aerosol transmission" is the same thing as airborne.... and that no one (that includes you) knows all the details about how this virus works.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Great photo!

Just goes to show that some people are still clueless!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Dallas nurse Briana Aguirre speaks with Matt Lauer, a very detailed interview of the incompetance of the hospital during Duncan's case and while caring for Pham. Just WOW....

www.today.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Our local news is saying that Dallas has asked to declare a state of emergency. Press conference at 2pm central time.

I am also providing a link:

www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I watched that on TV. Looked to me like the guy without protective gear was handing stuff back and forth to one of the guys who IS in protective gear. Whatever the guy in protective gear touches ... it's contaminated.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

I did, you just don't understand it.

Where you quote "termed airborne" is from a section not even referencing Ebola, but referencing particles small enough to float a good distance from the source.

Yes, they are saying we should combine droplet and airborne, but that doesn't change the fact that Ebola cannot attach to small enough particles/aerosols to be truly an airborne contagion. It won't float in the air and it won't infect entire planes.

People are using that article in other threads to say Ebola has mutated and is now airborne when that isn't what that article is saying at all.

Just because cidrap wants to combine the terms doesn't mean it will happen in the medical community.

That article also has a section on how Ebola transmits:

The potential for transmission via inhalation of aerosols, therefore, cannot be ruled out by the observed risk factors or our knowledge of the infection process. Many body fluids, such as vomit, diarrhea, blood, and saliva, are capable of creating inhalable aerosol particles in the immediate vicinity of an infected person. Cough was identified among some cases in a 1995 outbreak in Kikwit, Democratic Republic of the Congo,11 and coughs are known to emit viruses in respirable particles.17 The act of vomiting produces an aerosol and has been implicated in airborne transmission of gastrointestinal viruses.18,19 Regarding diarrhea, even when contained by toilets, toilet flushing emits a pathogen-laden aerosol that disperses in the air.20-22

So that isn't anything new. We already knew that. The CDC and WHO already have that information documented on their sites.

All CIDRAP wants to do is get rid of the terms droplet and airborne.
edit on 16-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Okay, now there are Kent State faculty that are "self-quarantining themselves", there's at least one teacher at an Ohio school who had contact with Vinson who is now self-quarantining herself. They're closing local schools in both Dallas and Ohio for at least a day, they have now quarantined two pilots and four flight attendants and decided to ground the plane a few more days. It's reportedly out of abundance of caution, I can understand. But wow. There was over a hundred people on that plane. These are just the first few we now know about. How many more communities will be affected?

edit on 16-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RoyalBlue

What's the point? The plane flew yesterday several more times right?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You asked me for a source earlier. Instead of finding you the video of Anderson cooper interviewing anonymous nurses, one of them has actually come forward:

originally posted by: whatcomesnext130
Dallas nurse Briana Aguirre speaks with Matt Lauer, a very detailed interview of the incompetance of the hospital during Duncan's case and while caring for Pham. Just WOW....

www.today.com...

she was shocked by the insufficient protective gear she was provided. The hospital provided gloves, protective gowns and a mask but a gap of several inches around her neck was left exposed.

So yes, protocols as outlined on the CDC's site were not followed. The hospital wants to cover its butt now because there is an opening for tons of class action lawsuits for the incompetency involved here.

Edit: And this:

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 16-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

a reply to: RoyalBlue

What's the point? The plane flew yesterday several more times right?

Well, funny you should mention that. Now they just said on CNN that two local schools in Ohio are closed because a "staffer" flew on the same plane that Vinson (the nurse) did, but "not at the same time". The staffer flew at a different time while the plane was still in service.

So forget my comment about over a hundred people on the original flight affecting communities. Multiply the "over a hundred" on how many other flights that plane made.
edit on 16-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

State of Emergency?

The situation must be getting close to 'out of control'.

I wouldn't want to be in Dallas!

edit on CDTThu, 16 Oct 2014 09:42:41 -0500u3109x141x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join