It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland once again you have been brain washed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Scotland has decided to remain a part of the UK. Is that good or bad only time will tell.

In the past Scotland has failed to regain its independence and it appears it never will. This vote was nothing more but to quiet those Scottish patriots who feel that Scotland should be an independent country. It will remain a slave to the royals of England. As in the past, England royals have bribed Scotland with land, money and additional rights to Scotland’s elites, once again they have promised Scotland additional concessions if they vote NO and remain a part of the UK. This is nothing more than bribery. I assume the people of Scotland have forgotten their past because of the no vote.

Not to say that other countries have not done the exact same thing but not in the 21st century. Continue to let fear rule over you and you will remain a servant to England. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Servant to England?? Last time I checked, the Scots got more out of the UK than they put back in.

That plus they are about to be given even more powers.

It's a win for Scotland no matter how you look at it, and a win for the whole UK as we remain together.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Why don't you call your demon pals to reverse the democratic outcome?.
Tge Scottish hace spoken and the result is great for all.
Lets all work together to make it great again.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

Servant to England?? Last time I checked, the Scots got more out of the UK than they put back in.

It's a win for Scotland no matter how you look at it, and a win for the whole UK as we remain together.

Given more powers? This is what I am talking about........ given? Scotland should NOT be given anything they have a RIGHT to these God given powers without some other ruler allowing it.

This is what I call a dictatorship!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Some NLBS right there.

Scotland gets a better deal out of the Union than England does, and will get a better one now.

This isn't Braveheart.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I agree with your statement OP; this is a devastating and demoralizing blow for Scottish nationalism.

There has already been plenty of talk of voter fraud and this should be investigated if there is any evidence.

But I truly find it very hard to believe that the majority of the country voted against their own freedom after centuries of English rule.

I'm really astonished.

Electoral Fraud in Glasgow
edit on 19-9-2014 by antoinemarionette because: added link

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I believe that the suggestion that the Scots have been brainwashed, is a bit bloody rude, unnecessary, and inaccurate.

The No vote means that there is still the chance for all the people of the British isles, to act in concert, in unison, against those in Westminster who seek to oppress us and act in opposition to our will as citizens. We have that chance, and we would not have if the vote had gone the other way. The schoolyard scrapping is out of the way now, and all that is left is the full blown fisticuffs of the main event to come. When? I have no idea, but the governments dance card is marked now, in a way it would not have been if there had been a Yes vote.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I'm just glad common sense prevailed. I said on another thread that it would be 100% no, a little faith in humanity restored.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Some NLBS right there.

Scotland gets a better deal out of the Union than England does, and will get a better one now.

This isn't Braveheart.

It's not really ok to tell a poster he's talking bs because he's expressing an opinion. This isn't about who gets the better deal....and the definition of that, if you must look at it in such an unevolved way, depends on which set of cooked up figures you look at. There is no guarantee the devo max promises will materialise, and I suspect most of them wont.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: caitlinfae

Some NLBS right there.

This isn't Braveheart.

It's not really ok to tell a poster he's talking bs because he's expressing an opinion. This isn't about who gets the better deal....and the definition of that, if you must look at it in such an unevolved way, depends on which set of cooked up figures you look at. There is no guarantee the devo max promises will materialise, and I suspect most of them wont.

Just like in the U.S. ....... during our presidential race ..... all the promises made and then when voted into office he gets amnesia. ANYONE who actually believes a politician is blind to the truth.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: caitlinfae

Normally, I'd be more reserved but the terms "Bribery" and "servants to England" are simply not needed/relevant.

There has just been a fully democratic vote that resulted in a no to independance. If things were as bad as the OP seems to want to try and make out, that would never have happened.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

And the answer to a failure of the UK government failing to live up to its word? Unity. The unity of purpose that can see millions of people, an uncontrollable number of people marching the streets of London, in such great numbers that they erode all attempts to contain them, as the sea erodes a shore. Unity which allows ALL the people who live under the corrupt umbrella that we ALL suffer the effects of to act as a single entity for the betterment of all. Unity, which allows such persons as are afflicted by the behaviour of parliament, to come together under a united banner of freedom, not one carved up on regional lines, but the Scots, the English, the Welsh, and the British Irish all stood shoulder to shoulder, with middle fingers held high in the air, faced toward Westminster and Whitehall, screaming defiance and spitting in the face of rule over the many by the few.

That is the answer to the problem, and always bloody well was. It is up to all of us, not just any one nation in the Union, to make that protest together, and to make it stick.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Normally, I'd be more reserved but the terms "Bribery" and "servants to England" are simply not needed/relevant.

There has just been a fully democratic vote that resulted in a no to independance. If things were as bad as the OP seems to want to try and make out, that would never have happened.

You are delusional to believe this was democracy. At NO time did England interfere with the election process?
edit on 19-9-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

You actually believe the nonsense that David Cameron claimed right?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

You are delusional to believe this was democracy. At NO time did England interfere with the election process?

What I was thinking. There is already physical evidence of vote rigging. The interference of big business and others in Scotland has been totally unacceptable.....not democratic at all.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The Scottish people voted and that's it

They have freedom for gods sake! They have had two Scottish prime ministers and Scottish chancellor of the exchequer in the last government that destroyed the economy of the UK

Don't know the exact figure but I guessed the NO voters remained silent untill polling day out of fear of retribution

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

You are confused.

There is no England in this discussion. There is, however, the United Kingdom of Great Britain.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

You should check that again, to include the often ignored oil revenues, its a myth.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Oh just accept the result like the scots have.
Brainwashed? Hypocritical isn't it coming from a religious person.
It was democratic and a great way of showing true democracy. L

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Interfere how?

Both sides put forward an argument. People weighed it up and voted. Approximately 3.6 million of them.

2 million voted no.
1.6 million voted yes.

Thats a democratic vote.

Sorry, but you're coming across here as either having severe sour grapes, or are trolling for the sake of it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join