It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland once again you have been brain washed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: helldiver
a reply to: boymonkey74

I'd agree with brainwashing thing. Scotland has just voted to remain in political and economical shackles as a direct result.

Then you have no idea about the debate that took place because had you been paying attention you would know the Scots will have more devolved powers than before the referendum.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Your talking absolute rubbish,the queen stays neutral on politics and wouldn't say anything

The queen is pure evil?

Ok I get it your racist to the English,so change your name here as it's not fitting

Not true the queen does interfere in politics. Do you not know your own laws and rules over the land. Does she not speak before your parliament concerning political issues?

Erm, no. She gives a speech that is written for her by the Government. Brenda is very careful not to interfere. She takes it very seriously. The most that she did before the election was a single throwaway comment that the Scots would have to 'think carefully' before the ballot. Which, given the stakes involved, is nothing but common sense. I once heard a rumour that if she had the vote then she'd be a Liberal.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Firefly_

I agree entirely with your assessment of the current government, and the importance of being united in dealing with that issue.

What I would say, is that we must not rely on hope, but on action, not on quiet anticipation but on a noisy and high visibility counter action on the part of the British people.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Interfere how?

Both sides put forward an argument. People weighed it up and voted. Approximately 3.6 million of them.

2 million voted no.
1.6 million voted yes.

Thats a democratic vote.

Sorry, but you're coming across here as either having severe sour grapes, or are trolling for the sake of it.

Both sides? And who supported the NO side? Who spoke out for the NO side?

In the other day's Daily Mail, a photograph of the queen was in the paper when she spoke of this (in a threatening manner... you better think about this or somewhat to those words) now the photograph could have been taken earlier but did you see her face? Pure evil! Cameron spoke as well and many others ..... since when are they Scottish?

So England did not get involved in the Scottish vote? really?

As did Wales and Northern Ireland but it was the Scots vote in the end that made the decision.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Konduit

Oh braveheart. ....
I wish people would learn it did not happen like that #e movie.

That movie annoys the hell out of me. The story of William Wallace was nothing like that damn film - it was a lot more interesting!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What I would say, is that we must not rely on hope, but on action, not on quiet anticipation but on a noisy and high visibility counter action on the part of the British people.

I can appreciate what you're saying and your heart is in the right place, but do you honestly believe it's going to go down that way ?

Or is everything just simply going to go back to the status quo as it has done in the previous decades.

Pardon my cynicism, but I have no faith that these rancid politicians are going to follow through with anything... it's not in their best interest to do so.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I say that we need to act in such a way as to remove all choice on the part of the political establishment, as to whether or not the people will be allowed to take power from them.

We must clog the streets of London so fully that nothing can move, we must surround parliament with such numbers that our voices penetrate the walls of every seat of power in the capital, we must shout in loud voice that we will no longer tolerate power over the many, being exerted by the few.

They must have no choice but to accept the demise of their paradigm, and the birth of a new one.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Servant to England?? Last time I checked, the Scots got more out of the UK than they put back in.

That plus they are about to be given even more powers.

It's a win for Scotland no matter how you look at it, and a win for the whole UK as we remain together.

Shut up with your lies. I am sick fed up hearing that. Scotland gets back less than it puts in. GO AND RESEARCH IT.

Scotland will get NO extra powers, we will leave Europe and have a private healthcare.

One thing has been highlighted though, we have finally found out that there is only 1.5million TRUE Scots in this country!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
For those more uneducated members on this thread slagging of the British Queen, who by the way most citizens in the UK would prefer than say "President Cameron", here is a break down to the actual powers of our British Monarch;

Political Powers

The Queen’s political powers nowadays are largely ceremonial, though some are actively used by The Queen such as at General Elections or are available in times of crisis and some are used by Ministers for expediency when needed.

Summoning/Proroguing Parliament

The Queen has the power to prorogue (suspend) and to summon (call back) Parliament – prorogation typically happens at the end of a parliamentary session and the summoning occurs shortly after, when The Queen attends the State Opening of Parliament.

Royal Assent

It is The Queen’s right and responsibility to grant assent to bills from Parliament, signing them into law. Whilst in theory she could decide to refuse assent, the last Monarch to do this was Queen Anne in 1708.

Secondary Legislation

The Queen can create Orders-in-Council and Letters Patent which regulate parts to do with the Crown, such as precedence, titles. Orders in Council are often used by Ministers nowadays to bring Acts of Parliament into law.

Appoint/Remove Ministers

Her Majesty also has the power to appoint and remove Ministers of the Crown.

Appointing the Prime Minister

The Queen is responsible for appointing the Prime Minister after a general election or a resignation, in a General Election The Queen will appoint the candidate who is likely to have the most support of the House of Commons. In the event of a resignation, The Queen listens to advice on who should be appointed as their successor.

Declaration of War

The Sovereign retains the power to declare war against other nations, though in practice this is done through the Prime Minister and Parliament of the day

Freedom From Prosecution

Under British law, The Queen is above the law and cannot be prosecuted – she is also free from civil action.

Judicial Powers

The Queen’s judicial powers are now very minimal and there is only really one which is used on a regular basis, with others having been delegated to judges and parliament through time.

Royal Pardon

The Royal Pardon was originally used to retract death sentences against those wrongly convicted. It is now used to correct errors in sentencing and was recently used to give a posthumous pardon to WW2 codebreaker, Alan Turing.

Armed Forces

The Queen’s powers in the Armed Forces are usually used on the advice of Generals and Parliament, though some functions are retained by The Queen herself nowadays.

Commander-in-Chief

The Queen is commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces and all members swear an oath of allegiance to The Queen when they join; they are Her Majesty’s Armed Forces.

Commissioning of Officers

The Queen’s powers include the commissioning of officers into the Armed Forces and also removing commissions (when members of the Armed Forces salute and officer, they are saluting The Queen’s commission).

Disposition of the Forces

The organisation and disposition of the Armed Forces are part of the Royal Prerogative; the crown technically controls how the Armed Forces are used.

Honours

One of the main prerogative powers that are still used personally by The Queen these days is the power to grant honours. As all honours derive from the Crown, The Queen has the final say on knighthoods, peerages and the like.

Creation of Peerages

The Queen may create a peerage for any person – whether a life peerage or hereditary one, though hereditary peerages haven’t been issued for decades outside of the Royal Family.

Font of Honour

It is The Queen’s prerogative power to create orders of knighthood and to grant any citizen honours. From the Royal Victorian Order to the Order of the Garter.

Miscellaneous Powers
Other powers Her Majesty holds include:

Control of Passports

The issuing and withdrawal of passports are within the Royal Prerogative – this is often used by ministers on behalf of The Queen. All British passports are issued in The Queen’s name.

Requisitioning of Ships

This power allows a ship to be commandeered in Her Majesty’s name for service to the realm. This power was used on the QE2 to take troops to the Falklands after the Argentine invasion in 1982.

source

edit on 19.9.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
this vote was RIGGED as a scotsman and seeing the way people were reacting to the no campaigners handing flyers out in the street it has to be, FFS we all grew up with a braveheart mind set !
wait for all the vote rigging scandals to come !
also if i was a English tourist i would stay clear of Scotlands city centers this weekend

a gutted Scotsman

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jrmcleod

I know you're angry and upset with the outcome, but Scotland will get more powers by January next year which will be a lot better than before the referendum took place. I really hope that what you guys started will continue, I hope for a devolved English Parliament and that all four nations self govern and we only use Westminster for Foreign Policy and Defence.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What you're describing is a revolution.

But government powers have learned how to get around these things from previous historical uprisings :

They've learned the art of talking to the peoples with their right hand while their left hand is hidden behind their backs doing something completely different.... and the peoples are culled into false satisfaction, time and time again.

It's going to take one helluva a drastic situation for the people to rally together like how you describe. Maybe this referendum was just the ticket that was needed, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

... Although I do hope you get your wish !

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: frostys

Rigged?

Now you're sounding like a bad looser ;(

Perhaps the NO voters were a silent majority, due to the rhetoric from the YES campaign.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
powers ? we will see

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrmcleod
Shut up with your lies. I am sick fed up hearing that. Scotland gets back less than it puts in. GO AND RESEARCH IT.

Scotland will get NO extra powers, we will leave Europe and have a private healthcare.

One thing has been highlighted though, we have finally found out that there is only 1.5million TRUE Scots in this country!

Manners and decorum jrmc! You've been a member long enough to know that rule!

Stop getting your kilt in a twist, at the end of the day, the majority won. I've said before, I do feel bad for you guys who wanted out, but what's done is done.

The basic facts are that Scotland accounts for 8.4% of the UK population, 8.3% of the UK's total output and 8.3% of the UK's non-oil tax revenues - but 9.2% of total UK public spending.

Scottish Executive figures for 2009-10 show that spending per capita in Scotland was £11,370, versus £10,320 for the UK. In other words, spending in Scotland was £1,030 - or 10% higher - per head of population than the UK average.

What about revenues? The same source shows Scottish total non-oil tax revenues coming in at £42.7bn in 2009-10, or £8,221 per head, which compares with total public expenditure attributable to Scotland of £59.2bn, or £11,370 per head.

Incidentally, these numbers include not just the so-called "identifiable" public spending that took place in Scotland, on schools, roads and the like, but also more amorphous parts of the budget like defense and debt interest.

On this basis, Scotland 'got' £16.5bn more in UK public spending in 2009-10 than it contributed to total UK revenues - or a 'subsidy' of around £3,150 per head.

Now it is customary - even south of the border - to point out that Scotland has greater spending needs than many other parts of the UK, because it has a higher unemployment rate, for example, and higher levels of expensive illnesses like heart disease and cancer.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
with all the scare tactics played out in the media it was rigged either way !

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Just for clarity, you are not suggesting that your generation grew up with a mindset based on one of the most historically inaccurate movies ever made, are you? Because if that IS the case, then what benefit do you suppose basing a lifetime held attitude on a falsehood, will avail you of in times to come?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Tosh and nonsense.

I think it is rather disingenuous of you to suggest that fifty five percent of your fellow Scots voted out of fear and in reaction to any of the media nonsense, rather than out of their own opinion based on their own beliefs and understanding of the nature of the subject. That does not sound like the sort of thing one would expect from such a stoic lot.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I was a strong Yes supporter but all that is now in the past and we have to move on from this. All the claims of it being rigged and the like are just nonsense, I knew that it would be a tough ask because the majority of the baby boomers and pensioners are pro-union.

So lets move on and make the changes we want from our government from within the UK, what this referendum has done has woken up the rest of the country to how we feel and I feel that the political landscape in Scotland will forever be better for this.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
what i was trying to explain was that us scots are very proud patriotic ppl and fake film or not,
we never we asked to join England we were forced to and we all no it (scots)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join