It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland once again you have been brain washed.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: frostys
with all the scare tactics played out in the media it was rigged either way !

That was a two way street, did you see the militant element of the YES campaign. I would say after watching that some elements from the YES campaign had a negative impact on the undecided voters. It was hardly very civil in the end, and I would have thought if I was an undecided voter, that if the YES campaign had won, then these thugs would be running the country. That's just my opinion, but what would you be saying today if the results were reversed and some NO voter was on here saying the vote was rigged.

This referendum has caused a lot of damage between people in Scotland and its now time for the healing process to start.
edit on 19.9.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: frostys

Actually, you were not forced to join the union at all Frosty, the Scottish Government was bankrupt in 1700's and asked to join the union. The English never invaded Scotland and to state otherwise is absurd, and to be honest the film Brave heart was a work of fiction and yet so many folk in Scotland believe its real.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Scotland can decide for itself what it wants. If it wants to stay attached .. it can. It's their choice. I admit I was a bit excited for them thinking they'd break away, but in the end it's their business.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 9/19/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

And that invalidates three hundred years of kinship does it? Three hundred years of sharing space and resources, three hundred years of tribal interrelations, and the production of people like myself who are proud to possess genes from all the four corners of this United Kingdom, of the history and cultures which lead to our birth, and feel love for each of the tribes from which our ancestors came?

Regardless of what the UK government might have done to the north, the people of the UK are united in both being oppressed and denied a voice by their parliament, and now it seems as if we are largely united in our desire to stand together and do something about it. This is rather better an idea, than scampering over the northern border like cowards, and leaving your cousins further south to deal with things alone, turning your back on your own blood, and sticking a middle finger up at those who have love for your people.

Look at it this way, if you seek a better way of life for ALL Britons, then you have allies in the unionist peoples of the UK. If you seek a Westminster elite removed from office by weight of opinion, then you have an ally in the union. If however you seek only freedom for those north of the border, at the expense of a union which is bonded by blood as much as treaty, then you should expect nothing more than to alienate those who would stand beside you and argue for your rights, your freedoms, and your liberty.

Do not allow the behaviour of Westminster to colour your opinion of your fellow Britons. We are all in the same boat, and we sink or float depending on our ability to bail as a single unit.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Would you be cool then if the Alaska or texas decided to leave the USA?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
It appears that ignorance is bliss for some posters who feel qualified to make ridiculous comments without understanding the history of how the union came about or the relationship between the two countries, and thats sad.

It does, however, typify the age we live in where parroted rhetoric trumps documented history.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
two way street ? lol most of our media comes from England, for a long time the media has been against change they even stooped as low as to say they would stop ban/shipping buckfast (young scots fav tipppl) to Scotland so they could steal some un-educated votes

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

That's the curse of the Internet anyone with a blog can print any old rubbish and say it's fact and people seem to be too eager to believe it

There IMO was a false hope for the Yes campaign recently because the NO voters kept their voting intentions closely to their collective chest

I just hope there are no reprisals on people who voted NO
((

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Would be interested to see how the 16 and 17 year olds voted

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Not sure how to take your last post; you are either saying that 55% of Scottish folk were ignorant and believed in all the media bias during the campaign and the other 45% of folk are illiterate and did not read the papers and made a more informed decision?

The YES campaign was doomed from the start due to some of the basics not being there for a more informed decision, for example, had the YES campaign had a more robust answer about currency, then I believe the margin would have been a lot narrower. All Salmond kept saying was he was keeping the pound despite Westminster stating otherwise, this was not what the No Voters and the Undecided wanted to hear, they wanted a Plan B and this was not offered and they never wanted to vote for independence and hope for the best after the result.

Salmond and the SNP wanted Scottish Independence for decades and yet their campaign was based on "If, what's and maybes", how can any educated person make an informed decision based on that?

Perhaps if Scotland ever have another referendum , they have answers to these questions allowing the pubic to have a more informed debate.

Don't blame anyone apart from Salmond for the NO vote as he should have done his homework a long time before the referendum was announced, considering that his parties manifesto is all about Independence, he showed a great lack of knowledge about critical questions and started the YES campaigns Mantra that everyone was "Scaremongering" and its "Media Propaganda" when the hard questions were being asked.
edit on 19.9.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Given that the no vote was the strongest, I would have thought that picking a fight with that voter demographic would be suicidally stupid.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

What evidence of bribery do you have? You are merely jumping to conclusions. You seem to bring a lot of negativity into your posts but nothing of substance to back up what you are saying.

Not everything is a conspiracy

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:25 AM