It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I’m a cop. If you don’t want to get hurt, don’t challenge me."

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Police are dick heads ... but It don't matter to me because I don't go commit crime if I did I would expect to get shot . End of ...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I stop you because your tail light is out. I'm not even going to give you a ticket, merely let you know the light is out.

If you get all crazy and aggressive because I stopped you for what I thought was protecting you. I'm going to react too.

If you deny me basic data to make sure you own the vehicle, are legally aloud to drive, and aren't a threat to myself or anyone else and you act aggressively and refuse to comply of course I'm going to deal with the situation accordingly.

Put yourself in the officers shoes... Yes some act out irresponsibly and hastily, but you can make their lives and jobs easier as much as they can make your 5 minute interaction with them easier.

Seriously, just co-operate.

Me and my brother are polar opposites in this sense. I've had one ticket, been pulled over countless times because the office was doing his job. The longest I ever spent with an officer was 15 minutes and I talked to him, co-operated and we both wished each other a safe evening and went on our way.

MY BROTHER ! who doesn't #ing co-operate ever, has countless tickets, not because of his actions before he pulled over but after, he's been pepper sprayed, cuffed, arrested, tazered and it's always been his #ing fault. HE could have avoided each and every one of those actions, but HE was the idiot not the cop.

Don't make an individual who puts their life in possible harms way every single day make them think you might be the guy to harm them.

When I was younger I would get pulled over for "your brake light is out" about twice a month by the same woman cop. I would get searched everytime. Get asked why do I have binoculars or why do I have zigzag if I don't have marijuana. The searches were always thorough. I would always cooperate, but it almost seem like its a habit of their to pull young kids over, harass them, search them and do it again next week. They would even go in cafe where people sing karaoke and tell them to shut it down because they don't like the singing. I've been pulled over by nice officers, love them. But some cops, my god, straight to the depth of hell. They stand there with their arms cross looking down at you while it's freezing cold and talk sh!t.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

I stop you because your tail light is out. I'm not even going to give you a ticket, merely let you know the light is out.

If you get all crazy and aggressive because I stopped you for what I thought was protecting you. I'm going to react too.

If you deny me basic data to make sure you own the vehicle, are legally aloud to drive, and aren't a threat to myself or anyone else and you act aggressively and refuse to comply of course I'm going to deal with the situation accordingly.

Put yourself in the officers shoes... Yes some act out irresponsibly and hastily, but you can make their lives and jobs easier as much as they can make your 5 minute interaction with them easier.

Seriously, just co-operate.

Me and my brother are polar opposites in this sense. I've had one ticket, been pulled over countless times because the office was doing his job. The longest I ever spent with an officer was 15 minutes and I talked to him, co-operated and we both wished each other a safe evening and went on our way.

MY BROTHER ! who doesn't #ing co-operate ever, has countless tickets, not because of his actions before he pulled over but after, he's been pepper sprayed, cuffed, arrested, tazered and it's always been his #ing fault. HE could have avoided each and every one of those actions, but HE was the idiot not the cop.

Don't make an individual who puts their life in possible harms way every single day make them think you might be the guy to harm them.

Thank you for proving the point of the OP so beautifully and proving also that this is NOT an isolated case! Tell me, your brother ever gone for a pig? tried to kill them? Tried to hurt anyone? Steal off anyone? Rape anyone? No? Then why the hell should he get more tickets and beatings than you? What a joke!!

Unless your brother is a CRIMINAL then he deserves NON of the above! Being an ass is NOT against the law... Sorry about that...

You know, SOME people actually realise they are an adult and don't take too kindly when being bossed around! Just because you like to bend over and take it up the jacksie doesn't mean everyone should!

There was an article from the uk.. A blind guy walking down the street minding his own business gets tazed from behind! Why? well he didn't respond to call, didn't do as he was told!!! Man... I feel for your brother than he has to deal with someone such as yourself... If I were your brother I would have disowned you long ago!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Pretty sure I've had more negative police encounters than most anyone here who talk as though it's their civil right to assault cops - I've been beaten down with saps, had police weapons held against the back of my head on more than one occasion, and yes, spent more than a few days in lock-up.

And you know what? The cop is right.

All day, every day, police deal with the dregs and the scum; robbers, rapists, wife beaters, murderers, drunks, gang bangers, armed and dangerous people who'd take a life for $20, or for nothing at all. And they all encounter people - every day - who think themselves special, indignant at being stopped, as though it were the cops' personal mission to mess up their day.

And every cop has seen "Joe Average" turn out to be a psychotic dangerous menace, who goes ape-spit because they're pulled over for speeding, and think the proper response is to scream into the cops' faces, threaten their jobs, and their livelihoods. And many, many so-called citizens decide to retaliate against cops for those by making made-up complaints. Dashcams are more about protecting the police from *you* than vice-versa.

We ask cops to protect our society from the most dangerous sociopaths and scumbags you never hope to encounter. And all I ever hear from people on this board is how cops need more training about how to deal with people.

How many of you have actually approached a cop just to talk? Offered to buy them a coffee or a cold drink? Most people treat cops in uniform as though they had leprosy. You want cops to act more like human beings, try treating them like one. For most cops, every day they deal with criminals and angry people - they see the worst of society, every day, and if you want better cops, try treating them better, not just when you need them. People always talk about cops needing to do outreach - but never, ever think the reverse. When their every interaction with the public is negative, they're going to become negative. Try a little outreach yourselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

I see significant numbers of crimes being committed daily by this government and police. I see corporations and banks committing crimes daily. Another day, another 50 cents and the TPTB are busy creating their newest wave of victims. Ordinary people. People struggling to survive in the midst of massive corruption.

The entire process makes me see red. Finally, I had to buy a laminated civil rights card to hand to police during stops. The card asserts my rights. I also bought multiple covert cameras.

I think this country is going to end badly one day.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hey, dont those civilian pay your pay check with their taxes?

Shouldn't the officer be their bitch.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I have been stopped by several cops in my lifetime. Some had attitudes but for the most part if you put your hands at 10 & 2 and don't start reaching for things before the cop approaches the car you should be fine.

Now that we have smart phones its too easy just to press record if you dash mount the thing. I think the older you get the cops just don't bother. I actually feel kind of slighted. When I was younger I was always getting pulled over for something or another and it was B.S most of the time. Now, I never see a cop tailing me.

If I was a young guy now, I would be recording any time I had an interaction with the cops.

Not all cops are bad but they are all revenue generators. In the past that wasn't the case. If you disarm them by showing them respect and they still act like Nazi's, just throw that recording up on YouTube. Maybe mix in a little Nazi propaganda and other mixes to make it fun for the swine..

That is until they outlaw recording cops...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

It seems like the LEO has a chip on his shoulder. The rebuttal was priceless.

Last time I checked we do still live in a country governed by the principles of the US Constitution.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: squittles

I've offered a cop coffee while he was trying to help my family and I got a little more than a polite refusal- he was defensive and acted slightly alarmed as if I were trying to poison him.
Almost makes me wonder if he deserves to be poisoned... like Clint said, "it's what men know about themselves that makes them afraid".

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus
sometimes people don't know how to shut up for their own benefit and "live to fight another battle".

Out of all due respect, is this what you say to yourself every time you shut your mouth, "live to fight another battle"? What is an appropriate battle?

I'm not condoning any disrespect to LEO's and I have a tremendous amount of respect for the career they chose. However, I will not shut my mouth when I'm being disrespected by ANYONE including the cops! It's not about living to fight another battle, it's about getting LEO's to understand that people are freakin sick and tired of being talked down to, harrassed and handled inappropriately...even if "they" didn't do it. If someone is a obvious criminal or troublemaker, then that's a different story altogether. Even then, civility goes a long long way.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you! That's freaking simple and fair if you want fair treatment.

Do not expect me to bow down when you're wrong, because you wear a gold plated badge and you say so. If you have an issue while in direct contact with a LEO, he should be civil and respectful enough to hear you out as long as no ones in danger.

This is the problem...They Don't Listen

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So tell me this ...Why is it a crime if I break something on anyone's car but, when the LEO pounds a light until it breaks when you tell them it most certainly is not out, why is that not a crime?

Having a badge and a uniform needs to stop being a license for criminal behavior. If we took away simple things like quotas the LEOs wouldn't bother half the people they do now.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

edit on 21/8/2014 by LamontCranston because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The person responding to the Officer in the article is obviously some liberal ass that doesn't understand reality in the least. Lets start here...if you don't want the cops to do their job, stop you, give you a ticket and/or you can't treat "your employee" better than to curse at him/her, etc...you're one stupid # of an employer. I believe legally, that would be creating a "hostile work environment" and you can therefore be sued.

But forgetting that. If you are such a condescending prick that you can't keep your mouth shut and act like a respectable human being for five minutes, maybe you SHOULD get rid of the cops. Get rid of all of them. Then, when the thugs you pretend to support decide that your scrawny little ass looks ripe for picking...you can smile and take it without a single cop in sight.

You see...you have hired a armed guard and given them the duty of protecting you. You don't really want an unarmed guard, guarding your family do you? Or if you do...should they make sure not to be mean to someone trying to break into your home and rape your wife? Of course not...you want them to throw the creep to the ground and maybe smack him around so that when he gets out of prison, he doesn't decide to look you up. As long as you keep your cop...ummm...guard around.

So make up your mind. Shut your big mouth and treat your employee with some respect, or be fair game for some "hold your ankles and squeal" time with Bubba. I personally hope you choose that latter...and if I may be so bold...please come back and post again afterward. I'd love to hear your holier-than-thou opinion then!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Cops are hired by the state, but we have no choice in who we want policing our streets and making sure our kids and families are safe. Even though we pay their salary with our taxes.

You guys say that these police officers see the worst of the worst day in and day out, and get treated like # by some of our society.

A man/woman with a gun and other non-lethal weapons should be mentally stable, correct? If the police officers who get treated like # let it get to them, that seems to me that they are being mentally wore down

You are right, we need to change how we treat cops. But I think what most people want, is for ALL police officers to treat EVERYONE with respect first.. That's how it should be in the first place. Come at me with respect, I will respect you back. I'll take a ticket and take care of it, and I wouldn't be pissed if the officer showed respect, because that is his job.

However, when an officer acts like what we see in Ferguson, and elsewhere, then does he deserve respect? Does the Golden Rule not apply if you are a "bad-ass" with a gun and taser, and no one to answer to but your family?
This is not meant to bash cops, but bash people who don't show respect to people.
We are all humans(I think) on the same spinning rock.. Showing respect to people is not a hard thing to do.. at all.. You don't have to carry your past with you. And you especially don't have to talk like the officers on the videos do.. it's inhumane.

We treat chicken and cows better than the treatment received by the people of Ferguson, and the reporters there as well.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I won't argue with a cop if he stops me, and I definitely would not try to run or attack him. I've always been a mouse, it is better than being a sheep though. I usually try to be truthful with them just like I try to be truthful with everyone. Sometimes I have seen them pissed off about something and really jumpy. Just be polite to them and try to treat them like you would want to be treated if you were doing the job.

But I know some of you here do not think that way. That is your right I suppose, but always remember, cops are like elephants, they never forget people that give them a hard time. I do not want to give anyone doing their job a hard time but am well aware that not all people think like me.

Do unto others as you would have them do onto you and if someone does not treat you that way walk away and get even some other day. I will do what someone with real authority over me says, but the problem is that people who don't have real authority try to control you. I don't put up with that, I have dealt with many like that in my lifetime.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
All the pro LEO stances that refuse to even acknowledge that there could possibly be an issue, take offense, and belittle those with a concern seem very LEO like to me. I completely understand why you don't agree with those of us that see a problem.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LamontCranston

Nazis all had badges also.

Did that make them right?

discus amongst yourselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You people are digging your own graves.

These people that give you stars on this website will do more to you than that cop will ever do when there is no one to protect you.

You people have to much faith and misconception into the general public.

When there is no rules, no one to save you from being raped or kill...................still think you are going to get some stars or flags?

In the next few years when order is long gone and you will be scrounging for food and majority of your family is dead. You will wish for some type of rules in place to protect you.

Yeah...the truth may hurt now but the physical pain will be far worse when the order is gone.

Good luck sitting behind your computer supporting the wrong people.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom

So how exactly is civilization going to break down if the cops stop murdering black people? Surely you aren't suggesting that violence against the innocent is somehow deterring crimes that even spending the rest of your life watching your back in a prison shower fails to deter. Or are you?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom

No, if order does dissolve, I will not be wishing for police officers again.

If order does collapse, it will be chaos for a while. Until the people that think they are entitled to things start dying, things would be chaos...

We protect ourselves now, and we will continue to do so in the future..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join