It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I’m a cop. If you don’t want to get hurt, don’t challenge me."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

One other thing- A lot of cops are dyed in the wool cowards. The whole reason they are there is because they want a badge and a gun and a huge organization to hide behind.

As an unarmed guard, I have had to take point for an armed sheriffs deputy checking out a possible burglary before. I once saved a friend from a DUI charge by getting out of the vehicle and walking up on a cop, and controlling the conversation- he never spoke to the driver, he never saw any documentation, there was no conflict- he was so happy not to be fighting for his life against me that we just had a friendly conversation next to his cruiser and then he left.

I gotta say, if you size a cop up correctly, it's not always best to stick to the script. There are a lot of options, both friendly and hostile, that lead to a better outcome once you realize that you're dealing with someone who is in over his head, which is a lot of them.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Good post OP. The problem is the culture of the police. The job brutalises them for the most part. The siege mentality of the police is disturbing. The police in America do not seemed to be managed by politicians. They seem to kill and shoot people at will and there is no comeback. They glorify humiliating suspects.

They do need to be restrained and taught some basic manners. Politeness costs nothing. Customer care if you like.

American society could do a lot to make society safer and better for all if you started getting rid of your guns. One of the scariest things for a cop is whether a suspect is armed with a gun. In some ways the obnoxious views expressed by the Professor in the OP is a reflection of the society most cops work in. They see suspects as a threat whether they are or not and treat them like dirt.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo
Do you have your juggalo pride plastered on your car? Im a juggalo and I learned that they will pretty much leave you alone if they dont know you are one. Thats why I dont plaster all over my car anymore. I still get watched and followed once in a while, but I dont really get harassed by the cops anymore.

Peace. Mmfcl.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The cop is right... he was just being "real" and using "real-talk", and explaining how not to be this woman:

If this woman would have just cooperated, she wouldn't have had such a bad day. She escalated the situation on her own, it was all her doing. Cops were just methodological and doing things by the books.
edit on 20-8-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
a reply to: Hijinx

I don't even think it is possible to be pulled over countless times and only have one ticket. Well unless you are a hot girl.

You can if you are a cop with an FOP sticker on your license plate or back window or in the military and show them your military ID.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

While i completely understand getting pissed off and angry with some of these idiots for treating you badly or violating rights the old boy makes a good point.
Every dealing to date i have ever had with police has gone well, without incident why ? because i have never shown aggression towards them and yes there is plenty of times people have not deserved the treatment they receive but if i have to deal with one of these guys i want to make damm sure it goes as smoothly as possible.

The truth of the matter is '' It is us and them.'' being a Police Officer is like becoming a member of a gang ''Your one of us now.'' attitude. This mentality needs to change in all walks of life for there ever to be resolution to these problems.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A lot of cops seem to think they are untouchable, it's kinda funny. Any citizen you abuse could easily hire a cheap P.I. and get your home address, wait for a good opportunity to bust your kneecap with a nice collapsible club and put you on desk duty. Food for thought.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides

Its time to go to war with the cops until they respect and fear the people they supposedly serve. This countries peoples have been too nice and respectful of authority.

I think that's why we have the problems we have with the police today. They fear every traffic stop or contact they have with the public will go badly. They all suffer with PTSD from dealing with an abusive public. They just want to go home after their shift is over. This is probably why you see an increase in the "militarization" of the police with their bullet-proof vests and additional firepower.

I had the privilege of working with the public and I'm well aware of how the public reacts when they feel inconvenienced. I can only imagine how some people would react when they have the possibility of a fine.

The best way to monitor police behavior is to have personal and dashboard cameras but this is a two-way sword. Then you'll get see your bad behavior when you go to court complaining about police misconduct.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I've had excellent luck dealing with cops for the last few years. The funny thing is that when I was a straight edged law abider I got a ticket every 6 months like clockwork. 'Yes sir' 'no sir' say nothing unnecessary, hands at ten and two, obviously nervous- never got me anywhere.

I rarely get pulled over anymore and I can think of a handful of reasons that might be.
1. I'm a big bald white guy.
2. I always wear my seatbelt.
3. I drive an SUV with dark tinted windows now, and it's not ideal for a cop to come up on a vehicle where the occupants can see him and he can't see them.

But in the last 9 years I have not had one single ticket, out of roughly 6 stops of varying severity, from sneaking into their search area while driving on a suspended license in order to save my mom for being arrested for daring to bother them with repeated domestic violence calls, to not having a front license plate and being seen leaving a medical marijuana dispensary. (and yes, they let me off with a warning for driving on a suspended into an area where a guy fitting my description was allegedly coming to kill the other party in a domestic dispute, I got the person they were searching for, and we left in a tow truck with them none the wiser- so you'd be amazed just how much you can get away with if you know the score and work the situation accordingly)

The way I do it is a combination of what they'd have you do and what I think I should do.

Number one with a bullet, I show them I'm not going to hurt them- I don't get anything ready for them, I don't roll down my windows, I just turn off the car and keep my hands on the wheel until they are next to me.

But number two, I control the conversation in exactly the same way I did when I was a telemarketer. I give the first greeting, I tell them why I think they pulled me over, and the minute they confirm or correct that guess I tell the story in the most favorable light, with the occasional good natured jab at the unreasonable rules their boss asks them to enforce. For example,

"Morning officer, I saw you double take when I pulled out of the clinic. I assume you want to see a sealed container and a doctor's recomendation"
"Well yeah, but I pulled you over for the front license plate that's missing".
"Yeah, I've got it here- I found it hanging by one screw and didn't wanna lose it, but I know your boss wants those red light cameras to get me so I'll run by my grandpa's place and use his tools to put it back on. He used to run the Texaco station not far from your department actually- name mean anything to you?"
"Well I don't know if that's the reason..."
"Whatever you say sir, so anyway is there anything else you need to see or am I free to go?"
And then I leave without him even remembering to see the reco and the bag from the clinic still stapled shut.
I barely let them get a word in edgewise, and what I'm looking for is for the guy to be putting all of his brainpower into picking out the relevant information from what I'm telling him. I take him off of his script that leads to him dealing with me as an object and put him into a real conversation with a human being who is telling him all the things he needs to hear and being friendly, but not making it easy for him to take his time and think about any extra observations he might make that would lead to a search or an extra violation.

Long story short- the respect and compliance you give to the police is always determined by self interest- there are cases where you've gotta get in their space, question their orders, talk over them, and lie like it was a natural bodily function, and it won't get you shot- it'll keep you free. That's why this cop puts out his "please don't mess with my guys" letter- because his guys are incompetent and poorly trained and they can be out thought or out fought when necessary, which is the whole reason they get scared and trigger happy.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Great video!

So the steps necessary to get tasered by a police officer:

1. Be belligerant and argumentative to an officer who has stopped you.

2. Break a few laws requiring you to be stopped.

3. Refuse to obey a direct order to comply with a straightforward operational request by the officer.

4. Refuse to heed three warnings that you are about to be tasered.

5. Try to get physical with the officer.

6. Be driving when your license is suspended.

Of the above items, clearly item 6 is the worst. Driving when your license has been suspended is a serious crime, and you may end up arrested, and tasered if you resist arrest. (Can anyone disagree with that here?)

Regarding the video itself -- man -- did you hear her screaming?

I though the officer's comments "I've been tasered also, and it isn't that bad" -- that was interesting.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
#1 - Know your rights thoroughly....I mean THOROUGHLY.

#2 - Stay completely quiet unless answering the law enforcement officer's questions. Then do it respectfully but short and sweet.

#3 - Always have the proper licenses, insurance, and registration accessible and up to date.

#4 - Be patient while he/she does their thing.

#5 - Drive away slowly.

I was in the car with a man that was stopped for going about 10 miles over the speed limit in a sparsely populated area. I was in the passenger seat and kept quiet observing his technique. He rolled down his window as the cop approached. The cop asked him for his license, insurance, and registration. My friend said not one word....not even hello. He handed over all the documents, and sat patiently and quietly while the officer went to his patrol car and did his thing. When he returned, he handed the license back to my friend, wrote the "speeding" ticket, told my friend to have a nice evening, and my friend simply rolled up his window slowly, put away the papers, and drove off slowly. That entire time, my friend spoke not one word except to answer the question: "Did you know you were over the speed limit?" He said, "No, I didn't." That was the sum total of words spoken to the officer.

In my opinion, that is the way you do it. You have no idea how many idiots, crazies, smart asses, lying sack 'o sh*ts, and criminals that cop has seen that day. Best to just shut up, let him do what he's going to do, and leave.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
More Orwellian style sussing out. That guy is looking for a reaction. The DHS must have a Psychoanalysis programme ongoing...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

And if they seem to be in a good mood I have found that a little friendly banter helps to. Im friends with a few sheriffs and a few park rangers because of it. I even get to stay at the state park after hours to look at stars because of talking to them, now when im out there they come around just to chat and ask if I have seen any ufos or unusual things going on in the park.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

""I’m a cop. If you don’t want to get hurt, don’t challenge me."

Its says it all really, I mean statements such as the above are the reason people have a problem with authority.

He is probably the type of Muppet that answers questions with "because".
LoL
edit on 20-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Maybe the interview was really with officer GFY from Ferguson or they went to the same academy.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Hope...

I think add the Milgram experiement with the Stanford Prison Experiment and you reach an astounding conclusion about most human beings.

There is a reason we call most of them sheeple.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
For what it is worth:

I saw the man on an CNN interview and he stated that part quoted was what he said should happen if a person is detained/arrested. It's still pretty harsh.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6

The best way to monitor police behavior is to have personal and dashboard cameras but this is a two-way sword. Then you'll get see your bad behavior when you go to court complaining about police misconduct.

Agreed, and said the same many times here at ATS.

Cameras used properly won't lie, and it sure as Hell would stop the head scratching in Ferguson, as to how someone was abusing a police officer from 35 feet away..at least that's the distance Mr Brown's body was from the shooting officer's patrol car. BTW, I don't recall in the OP's link about some of the funny, (as in strange) tales that come from police in the aftermath of an altercation, again as has occurred in Ferguson. Oh well, Tempus Fugit.

I have to add since this thread is based on an article from the WP, (I take it the online version where it should solely be) which is actually directed toward events in Ferguson is also totally ignoring what has transpired thus far, which includes all the inconsistencies from police chief Jackson about the off-licence robbery and officer Wilson's role in the aftermath.

edit on 20-8-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
As a mother I'm offended there are school resource officers in our schools. So the public has an issue and the answer was to train our children?!

Are we trying to train the next generation of confidential informants? Why are we willing to pit so much effort and funding everywhere but the cause?!

My children haven't been allowed to talk to the police for a while. But, they have had good school resource officers and bad. I'm not at school with them you know how I can tell the difference? When my children say hello to a man every time they see him YEARS after they stopped attending the school he was stationed. That man made a difference. Until they all make a difference I'm going to keep up with all my nagging about better training.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

I stop you because your tail light is out. I'm not even going to give you a ticket, merely let you know the light is out.

If you get all crazy and aggressive because I stopped you for what I thought was protecting you. I'm going to react too.

If you deny me basic data to make sure you own the vehicle, are legally aloud to drive, and aren't a threat to myself or anyone else and you act aggressively and refuse to comply of course I'm going to deal with the situation accordingly.

Put yourself in the officers shoes... Yes some act out irresponsibly and hastily, but you can make their lives and jobs easier as much as they can make your 5 minute interaction with them easier.

Seriously, just co-operate.

Me and my brother are polar opposites in this sense. I've had one ticket, been pulled over countless times because the office was doing his job. The longest I ever spent with an officer was 15 minutes and I talked to him, co-operated and we both wished each other a safe evening and went on our way.

MY BROTHER ! who doesn't #ing co-operate ever, has countless tickets, not because of his actions before he pulled over but after, he's been pepper sprayed, cuffed, arrested, tazered and it's always been his #ing fault. HE could have avoided each and every one of those actions, but HE was the idiot not the cop.

Don't make an individual who puts their life in possible harms way every single day make them think you might be the guy to harm them.

You and your attitude is the problem...

Yes there are douche bags that sometimes deserve to get their ass beat, but a cop is in a position of authority.

An authority that is granted to him by the people. A LIMITED authority. When the LEO steps outside of that authority that is a problem, a problem that should never be tolerated in an effort for expediency or LENIENCY (gag me!!!)

They have a DUTY to not overstep the authority granted to them by the people.

We, as people, are NOT obligated to do whatever they say, because they say so and because they threaten to beat us up if we don't (that's a HUGE problem)...

When I was younger, I was gung ho cops are cool, let them beat up the criminals, after all they ARE criminals...

No technically they are not and restraint is needed at all times.

You and people like you who want expediency and leniency from cops who abuse their authority are the ONLY reason that cops like this douche bag exist.

Do your job as a LEO, within the authority that, We the People, have granted you.

Keep over stepping it and we'll see who ends up regretting it (actually all of us will regret it because the answer to the problem is something that none of us should really want.

Jaden
edit on 20-8-2014 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join