It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I’m a cop. If you don’t want to get hurt, don’t challenge me."

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

.... And there it is again, that tired old cliche "Put their lives on the line". THEY CHOSE TO DO IT. Don't expect special treatment because of your own decisions.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Not only did they choose to do it, but they are relatively safe doing it. They aren't even in the top 10 most dangerous jobs.

The bureau of labor statistics reports that in 2012 there were 780,000 police jobs in America.

This article about how officer deaths are at a 50 year low says that in 2012, the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund reported 121 deaths in the line of duty, counting traffic accidents (which account for somewhere around 1/3 of deaths in the line of duty according to their 2013 statistics). That's a .000155 (roughly 1 out of 6400 chance of being killed in the line of duty).

The tenth most deadly job in America, again according to the bureau of Labor Stats, is Construction Labor. They lost 806 people out of 1,284,600, which is .000627% or roughly 1 out of 1600 in 2012. So being a cop is roughly 4 times safer than being a construction worker.

Why do I use the 10th deadliest job by the way? Because loggers and fishermen lose more like 1 guy out of 800 annually, and that seemed like overkill (no pun intended).

So what is my point? Well guess what construction workers and loggers ARE NEVER EVER justified in doing to somebody who is putting their life in much greater jeopardy than police officers face... you guessed it. You shoot the dummy on a construction site and you are automatically the new dummy- and you're going to jail for it.

Oh and by the way, in 2012, the police committed 4 times as many JUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDES (not counting "heart attacks" while being crushed, people who were pit maneuvered off the road, or unjustified homicides) as the number of losses they took. So not only are they 4 times safer than you if you've got one of the most common jobs in America (construction) they are also 4 times more likely to kill you.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx
He's getting paid for his job right? If he is too cowardly to do it with out putting our lives In danger then he or she should quit.
It's not dogs that they are killing ya know.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

A chart that LEO's hate and don't want you to see.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

"Proof" is a request made by someone that has lost an argument.

They don't shoot everyone they pull over because most people take their tickets like good little boys and girls.

But if they get lucky and that one guy acts up it's pop pop pop high fives.

And if they get unlucky it's still pop pop pop. Just no high fives.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would think, to be REALLY safe, just don't interact with police at all... heh.

I was reading about the Michael Bell case in Politico.com... this happened a decade ago and was a 21 yr-old white guy in Wisconsin who was shot in the temple at veeery close range by a cop at a traffic stop.

The 2 day investigation cleared the cop of all wrong doing ... as ALL cop shootings in Wisconsin have done as well.

Witnesses arriving on the scene reported cops arguing over the best version of their fictional account to tell.

Their story is that the kid grabbed the cops gun and the cop had to defend himself (at a traffic stop? Happens all the time) but DNA and fingerprint testing showed no trace of Michael on the gun or holster.

It seems the cop caught his gun on a broken rear view mirror, felt the tug, freaked out and shot the kid execution style... but won't even get a reprimand.

Big, big sigh... if we can't even hold our public servants accountable, why would they strive to be accountable?

ETA and had to add that when a cop stopped me for a burnt out license plate light as I was going home from work at 2:00 a.m. once, I put my hands in plain sight on the car door on top of the open window... too avoid jittery late night cops shooting for no reason... and that had them call in two back up cars because "that showed them I was experienced with police interaction..." after being harassed, questioned and belittled for 43 minutes, they let me go home ...alive... with a warning about the light and advice to get a job that doesn't end when bars close... free country indeed.
edit on 8/24/2014 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

"I’m a cop. If you don’t want to get hurt, don’t challenge me."

I would love to cross paths with said fool simply to inform him that Im a person, if you don't want me to challenge you don't spout totalitarian gibberish and act like a Nazi Stormtrooper!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
And why we used to call them 'pigs' back in the day.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

What do you mean "used to", we still call then that where i hail from.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join