It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This new strain is a bad one

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

so, you are telling me, I'd be better off feeling like # once or twice a year?

Why don't you ask the Doctors and Nurses if they've had any of the symptoms you mentioned? Lets say they have been working the Profesion for more than 5 years and have none of those sypmtoms you mention... what does that mean about the study?

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Could be one of around four types of diseases around here, all have the same symptoms. Also, you could have two different bugs at the same time....finally the medical establishment is verifying that can happen. It has been happening all along though,, they just did not want to say it because of lack of evidence to show it could happen other than with sepsis and pneumonia.

Take care and eat some homemade chicken soup. made correctly it can have some good anti-viral properties.

And of course, having two or three hot toddies can make it so you don't care you are sick.

edit on 26-3-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xWorldxGonexMadx
a reply to: NorthOS

so, you are telling me, I'd be better off feeling like # once or twice a year?

Why don't you ask the Doctors and Nurses if they've had any of the symptoms you mentioned? Lets say they have been working the Profesion for more than 5 years and have none of those sypmtoms you mention... what does that mean about the study?

I didn’t mention them.

The NIH study mentioned them.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

Higher Incidence of COVID-19 Found Among Consistent Mask-Wearers: Study - LINK

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: Justoneman
No they can never ever stop a virus, repeat never ever. Well you can if you live in your own enclosed environment which has it's own pitfalls. Bubble boy didn't like his very much. I wouldn't either.

originally posted by: watchitburn

Masks never prevented you from getting sick.

They do not stop the spread of respiratory viruses. They never have.

They did stop it, like I said I never got it at its peak because I wore mask's when I travelled and went to stores that were busy!

I'm living proof they worked.

I didnt say they can STOP virus but they can prevent you from catching a virus and also stop a person from spreading a virus!

The virus will still be around but if these people had worn masks when out and about, after discovering they had the virus, it would have prevented the spread! Yes, they would have used hands to hold things, open things, touch things but less chance catching it that way as you can wash your hands asap.

It cannot stop a virus. Do you know how small those are? The mask is like a screen door in regards to viruses. Zero effect. Just traps in moist air, which fuels your sickness.

Viruses do not incubate outside of living cells.

Humidified air is not detrimental to respiratory health and conversely, prevents cellular desiccation.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tarantulabite1

Or possibly, more people who had COVID symptoms put on face masks to prevent them from spreading it as readily. Especially in medical and clinical situations.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

This sounds like what both my friend and wife just had...wife is still sick. After 4 days of fever ,a few of those days would see 103-104° fever, she went to urgent care on the 5th day of fever. Apparently its an bacterial infection not a virus, hence why it didn't just want to go away. Fever broke yesterday which was 7 days in, but only 24hrs into taking antibiotics. The mask might stop particals in the air but touching things as more likely how you introduced those bacteria. Same symptoms as you describe with the cough and throat issues...also body aches and fever.

Not everything is COVID even though after all the years of propaganda have made many feel like it is.

After several days? damn! Really don't want to go through it again tonight. I'll have to check what bacterial infections are doing the rounds in my area!

Thanks.. you could be right.

Just checked for London and TB is supposedly spreading... hope I don't have that one, it can be deadly. (Have two of the symptoms of that which is high temp which comes and goes and phlem). Other than this, the new covid strain JN-1 is also spreading. Normal seasonal flu and whooping cough are also around....

Not looking good at this moment as these could combine and make a real bad Virus!

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You bought the material to the table though... not the NIH

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Wear your mask if you wish.

I won’t be.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Get a shot of ivermectin and you will be fine withen 24 hrs if you have "a corona" illnes. FYI who jusy put it on their approved treatment list. Oh many mnay many govt agencies around the world and finally the US. But most likely you have the Flu.a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

This sounds like what both my friend and wife just had...wife is still sick. After 4 days of fever ,a few of those days would see 103-104° fever, she went to urgent care on the 5th day of fever. Apparently its an bacterial infection not a virus, hence why it didn't just want to go away. Fever broke yesterday which was 7 days in, but only 24hrs into taking antibiotics. The mask might stop particals in the air but touching things as more likely how you introduced those bacteria. Same symptoms as you describe with the cough and throat issues...also body aches and fever.

Not everything is COVID even though after all the years of propaganda have made many feel like it is.

After several days? damn! Really don't want to go through it again tonight. I'll have to check what bacterial infections are doing the rounds in my area!

Thanks.. you could be right.

Just checked for London and TB is supposedly spreading... hope I don't have that one, it can be deadly. (Have two of the symptoms of that which is high temp which comes and goes and phlem). Other than this, the new covid strain JN-1 is also spreading. Normal seasonal flu and whooping cough are also around....

Not looking good at this moment as these could combine and make a real bad Virus!

You sound waaaaay overly paranoid. I think you should wear a mask every time you open your door and do that for the rest of your life. Mask 24/7 for the win👍. Whether they work or not you’ll at least feel safe in your head, right? Meanwhile, I’m going to brave the scary world out there and move about without a silly worthless mask just like I’ve been doing for the last 60 years and thru the scamdemic. Virus’s and bacteria have been on the planet forever and aren’t going away ever. I personally refuse to live the rest of my life in fear. You do you

My state was laxed on the mask mandates and we were in the mid-lower half of all the states with deaths per capita. We fared much better than most states with nazi mask rules. Why is that? Could it just be that mask aren’t all they’re cracked up to be? Other countries had similar data results as far as the effectiveness of mask🤷‍♂️

This was a good read about whether or not mask worked or not. General census…”little to no” effect.

A new scientific review of 78 randomized trials studying the effectiveness of physical interventions in lessening the spread of respiratory viruses found “little to no” evidence that large-scale masking efforts were effective at preventing the wide spread of Covid-19. The meta-analysis, published by Cochrane Library and led by 12 researchers, found that the difference between wearing a regular surgical mask or not wearing a mask at all “may make little to no difference in how many people caught a flu-like illness/COVID-like illness.” It also “probably makes little or no difference in how many people have flu/COVID confirmed by a laboratory test.”

But according to the Cochrane Library analysis, even the much-touted, top-of-the-line N95 respirator mask provided little to no extra protection for healthcare workers when compared to medical or surgical masks. “Compared with wearing medical or surgical masks, wearing N95/P2 respirators probably makes little to no difference in how many people have confirmed flu (5 studies; 8407 people); and may make little to no difference in how many people catch a flu‐like illness (5 studies; 8407 people), or respiratory illness (3 studies; 7799 people). Unwanted effects were not well‐reported; discomfort was mentioned,” the analysis found.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 26-3-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Masks never prevented you from getting sick.

They do not stop the spread of respiratory viruses. They never have.

They did stop it, like I said I never got it at its peak because I wore mask's when I travelled and went to stores that were busy!

I'm living proof they worked.

The only thing you are proof of is people are ignorant and easily manipulated.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Makes me wonder why someone would travel and go to busy places if they were worried about a virus. If I had that mindset I’d feel irresponsible.

Then to demand others wear masks, after the pandemic, to protect them seems a bit one sided.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Where I am every Nurse, EMT or Doctor was required to take the jab. Those that lost jobs over that are suing for backpay. How did you avoid it?

originally posted by: glen200376

What was a bad one,your most recent covid booster?
Stop pumping experimental poison into you and you won't get any worse

As for wearing a mask AGAIN,wise up and stop using government for medical advice.

Didnt take any vaccines or boosters

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: tarantulabite1

Or possibly, more people who had COVID symptoms put on face masks to prevent them from spreading it as readily. Especially in medical and clinical situations.

Or Not

Side note ....good read
More than 170 Comparative Studies and Articles on Mask Ineffectiveness and Harms - LINK

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Anyone see this yet?

New 2024 documentary exposes Big Pharma’s role in keeping Americans sick - "Epidemic of Fraud" - LINK - VIDEO

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Please, use real Scientists from both sides of the "masks are important or not" aisle.

When you do that you find Environmental Scientist like me say a full self enclosed breathing apparatus or you are wasting time other than to keep debris out of your mouth like in construction work. It is useless for germs. The CO2 poisoning from extended use is very real too. Making children wear one is child abuse!

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex

selfish, careless twats!

Where can I see this? OnlyFans? PH? Please, I'm asking for a friend.

Maybe I'll make a Film someday about the Careless, Selfish Twats

Why don't people who must wear PPE for extended periods have any issues with carbon dioxide poisoning? Show clinical cases please, not some speculative paper.

And why do surgeons wear PPE, even for minor surgeries?

There is hundreds of years of evidence that masks work, and that their extended use doesn't cause medical problems.

Medical grade cloth masks which use electrostatic filtering have not been shown to elevate CO2 levels sufficiently to cause issues, and they also don't have exhalation valves like some N95 respirator masks, these valves negate some of the attenuation of exhalation velocities that a cloth mask gives.

You are so committed to your ideology that you are ignoring how long we have known about, and have evidence of, mask effectiveness and safety.

masks work. Point blank, end of story. They do. But, it's important to know WHAT they are doing. They aren't saving you from inhaling a virus or germ. The mask IS stopping your spit from landing on someone else. So if that's your goal, you are good to go. But if you are DERPING along thinking you are keeping yourself from getting sick, you are not paying enough attention to life, and should make adjustments.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

They do work. When used correctly.

Also, as studies show, over use is not a general health benefit.

I’d be a lot more receptive to the OPs apposing view if they didn’t start out calling those who choose not to wear one in post pandemic daily life “selfish, careless twats!“

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS
a reply to: network dude

They do work. When used correctly.

Also, as studies show, over use is not a general health benefit.

I’d be a lot more receptive to the OPs apposing view if they didn’t start out calling those who choose not to wear one in post pandemic daily life “selfish, careless twats!“

Do they really?

N95 masks expose wearers to dangerous levels of toxic cancer- and seizure-causing compounds, study finds - LINK - Study

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Please, use real Scientists from both sides of the "masks are important or not" aisle.

When you do that you find Environmental Scientist like me say a full self enclosed breathing apparatus or you are wasting time other than to keep debris out of your mouth like in construction work. It is useless for germs. The CO2 poisoning from extended use is very real too. Making children wear one is child abuse!

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex

selfish, careless twats!

Where can I see this? OnlyFans? PH? Please, I'm asking for a friend.

Maybe I'll make a Film someday about the Careless, Selfish Twats

Why don't people who must wear PPE for extended periods have any issues with carbon dioxide poisoning? Show clinical cases please, not some speculative paper.

And why do surgeons wear PPE, even for minor surgeries?

There is hundreds of years of evidence that masks work, and that their extended use doesn't cause medical problems.

Medical grade cloth masks which use electrostatic filtering have not been shown to elevate CO2 levels sufficiently to cause issues, and they also don't have exhalation valves like some N95 respirator masks, these valves negate some of the attenuation of exhalation velocities that a cloth mask gives.

You are so committed to your ideology that you are ignoring how long we have known about, and have evidence of, mask effectiveness and safety.

masks work. Point blank, end of story. They do. But, it's important to know WHAT they are doing. They aren't saving you from inhaling a virus or germ. The mask IS stopping your spit from landing on someone else. So if that's your goal, you are good to go. But if you are DERPING along thinking you are keeping yourself from getting sick, you are not paying enough attention to life, and should make adjustments.

What part of "attenuation of exhalation velocities" do you not understand?

Modern medical masks include materials that remove small particles from the air-flow by electrostatics, and so there is a filtering capability in some masks. A patch cut from a T-shirt, however, doesn't do that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join