It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This new strain is a bad one

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xWorldxGonexMadx

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

Masks never prevented you from getting sick.

They do not stop the spread of respiratory viruses. They never have.

They did stop it, like I said I never got it at its peak because I wore mask's when I travelled and went to stores that were busy!

I'm living proof they worked.
I never wore a filthy rag and never caught anything.
What am I living proof of?

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I feel like the need to wear a full body suit. Or at least a mask like this.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Go big or go home😁

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

And it makes sense in that line of work a you tend to deal with people in close proximity in environments you can't always control. You however, same a doctors and nurses, wear a mask not to protect you from the patient but the reverse. Its in case you are infected with something and not showing symptoms but are contagious. Those you treat might be and probably are in a weakened state and getting sick can be the nail in the coffin. Healthcare folks don't have mask rules to protect themselves...its to protect those you serve.

For the rest of us going about normal business the poor barrier isn't worth bothering about...unless you happen to be the sick one and are coughing and such. Then it does an OK job stopping you from getting others sick.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

So I have a quick question....

* You mentioned that you wear a mask and are proof that the mask works
* You then proceed to call people who don't wear mask " selfish, careless twats!"

Question - IF your mask works so well, why do you care about others?

Because they have a virus and should be considerate towards others who don't have a virus! You didn't read my posts properly.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

You do know that viruses are so small, they don't even know there is a mask, right?

It's like the old mosquitos being held by a wire fence. Not one will even collide with the wire.
In and out with no concern.
Masks are juju for humans. Hence the amulet I suggested might work just as well.

We have a brilliant system called the immune system. But for it to work you need to keep it fit by exposure to common ailments.

Congrats of being immunised now. Worry about your lungs under the influx of condensed bugs if you don't want to get seriously ill.

You'd puke if you could see what you inhale over and over and over...

Like I said... I will only wear a mask because of selfish people who have a virus NOT wearing a mask... this is why the virus keeps spreading... because who have a virus, don't care for others catching it... they should stay at home or wear masks when out and about.

Now, I have to wear a mask just because these spreaders do not because I don't want this virus every year or a mutated version. I've had 2 different strains now all because certain spreaders weren't wearing masks or staying at home.
edit on 26-3-2024 by xWorldxGonexMadx because: adding txt

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   

but as was pointed out to you, you were sick, and likely didn't know it, and probably passed it on to several folks. What does that make you?

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

but as was pointed out to you, you were sick, and likely didn't know it, and probably passed it on to several folks. What does that make you?

But I weren't sick at the time of travel, otherwise I would have worn a mask!

How many other people on this thread not reading correctly?

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: Justoneman
No they can never ever stop a virus, repeat never ever. Well you can if you live in your own enclosed environment which has it's own pitfalls. Bubble boy didn't like his very much. I wouldn't either.

They did stop it, like I said I never got it at its peak because I wore mask's when I travelled and went to stores that were busy!

I didnt say they can STOP virus but they can prevent you from catching a virus and also stop a person from spreading a virus!

The virus will still be around but if these people had worn masks when out and about, after discovering they had the virus, it would have prevented the spread! Yes, they would have used hands to hold things, open things, touch things but less chance catching it that way as you can wash your hands asap.

It cannot stop a virus. Do you know how small those are? The mask is like a screen door in regards to viruses. Zero effect. Just traps in moist air, which fuels your sickness.

Well then, whoever it is, shouldn't have gone out until the virus had left their body

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   

great answer, now, are you aware that you can be infected, and transmit the disease, without having symptoms?

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat
All masks do is help prevent you from spreading germs and disease to others.

They are totally ineffective at preventing germs and viruses from others from infecting you.

Thats my whole point about whoever has the virus should be considerate to others and either not go out or wear a mask!

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

great answer, now, are you aware that you can be infected, and transmit the disease, without having symptoms?

Yes, I am aware this can be the case with some people

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

What are your thoughts on the efficacy of the MNRA therapeutics?

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Texastruth2

Not denying your sick, and that sucks, it’s just sad when people slam and call others names for the cult of masks and non vaccines.

I didn't take any vaccines as they weren't tried and tested method of prevention and they were made too fast. I'm glad I didn't as I've read over the years how many people have tragically died due to problems associated with the vaccine. These people would have been better off wearing masks and not taking a vaccine.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

I only wore a mask for a week or two(stupidly, as we couldn't go grocery shopping without and I too believed they worked, and before I woke up 100% ). My mom never wore one either she's in her 80s, as I told her the masks trap bacteria etc . We never got sick.
The masks do nothing.

Fauci himself said they don't work

Video , watch from 15:12

They wanted people to spread it didn't they? so, of course they'll say masks are useless.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

This sounds like what both my friend and wife just had...wife is still sick. After 4 days of fever ,a few of those days would see 103-104° fever, she went to urgent care on the 5th day of fever. Apparently its an bacterial infection not a virus, hence why it didn't just want to go away. Fever broke yesterday which was 7 days in, but only 24hrs into taking antibiotics. The mask might stop particals in the air but touching things as more likely how you introduced those bacteria. Same symptoms as you describe with the cough and throat issues...also body aches and fever.

Not everything is COVID even though after all the years of propaganda have made many feel like it is.

After several days? damn! Really don't want to go through it again tonight. I'll have to check what bacterial infections are doing the rounds in my area!

Thanks.. you could be right.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

What was a bad one,your most recent covid booster?
Stop pumping experimental poison into you and you won't get any worse

As for wearing a mask AGAIN,wise up and stop using government for medical advice.

Didnt take any vaccines or boosters

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

I never wore a filthy rag and never caught anything.
What am I living proof of?

I guess it makes you living proof of one of the careless twats I spoke about ay.

You could be the one going round spreading it without knowing you have it. Think about that and smoke on a cigar!

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

I only wore a mask for a week or two(stupidly, as we couldn't go grocery shopping without and I too believed they worked, and before I woke up 100% ). My mom never wore one either she's in her 80s, as I told her the masks trap bacteria etc . We never got sick.
The masks do nothing.

Fauci himself said they don't work

Video , watch from 15:12

They wanted people to spread it didn't they? so, of course they'll say masks are useless.

Here’s a study from the NIH 2021.

I’ve read the same long before the pandemic.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

- Increase in dead space volume [22,24,58,59] (Figure 3, Section 3.1 and Section 3.2).
- Increase in breathing resistance [31,35,61,118] (Figure 3, Figure 2: Column 8).
- Increase in blood carbon dioxide [13,15,19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28] (Figure 2: Column 5).
- Decrease in blood oxygen saturation [18,19,21,23,28,29,30,31,32,33,34] (Figure 2: Column 4).
- Increase in heart rate [15,19,23,29,30,35] (Figure 2: Column 12).
- Decrease in cardiopulmonary capacity [31] (Section 3.2).
- Feeling of exhaustion [15,19,21,29,31,32,33,34,35,69] (Figure 2: Column 14).
- Increase in respiratory rate [15,21,23,34] (Figure 2: Column 9).
- Difficulty breathing and shortness of breath [15,19,21,23,25,29,31,34,35,71,85,101,133] (Figure 2: Column 13).
- Headache [19,27,37,66,67,68,83] (Figure 2: Column 17).
- Dizziness [23,29] (Figure 2: Column 16).
- Feeling of dampness and heat [15,16,22,29,31,35,85,133] (Figure 2: Column 7).
- Drowsiness (qualitative neurological deficits) [19,29,32,36,37] (Figure 2: Column 15).
- Decrease in empathy perception [99] (Figure 2: Column 19).
- Impaired skin barrier function with acne, itching and skin lesions [37,72,73] (Figure 2: Column 20–22).

We not only found evidence in the reviewed mask literature of potential long-term effects, but also evidence of an increase in direct short-term effects with increased mask-wearing time in terms of cumulative effects for: carbon dioxide retention, drowsiness, headache, feeling of exhaustion, skin irritation (redness, itching) and microbiological contamination (germ colonization)

NOT appropriate to ask others to risk their health to protect yours.
edit on 26-3-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Please, use real Scientists from both sides of the "masks are important or not" aisle.

When you do that you find Environmental Scientist like me say a full self enclosed breathing apparatus or you are wasting time other than to keep debris out of your mouth like in construction work. It is useless for germs. The CO2 poisoning from extended use is very real too. Making children wear one is child abuse!

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex

selfish, careless twats!

Where can I see this? OnlyFans? PH? Please, I'm asking for a friend.

Maybe I'll make a Film someday about the Careless, Selfish Twats

Why don't people who must wear PPE for extended periods have any issues with carbon dioxide poisoning? Show clinical cases please, not some speculative paper.

And why do surgeons wear PPE, even for minor surgeries?

There is hundreds of years of evidence that masks work, and that their extended use doesn't cause medical problems.

Medical grade cloth masks which use electrostatic filtering have not been shown to elevate CO2 levels sufficiently to cause issues, and they also don't have exhalation valves like some N95 respirator masks, these valves negate some of the attenuation of exhalation velocities that a cloth mask gives.

You are so committed to your ideology that you are ignoring how long we have known about, and have evidence of, mask effectiveness and safety.

edit on 2024-03-26T14:43:12-05:0002Tue, 26 Mar 2024 14:43:12 -050003pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join