It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul McCartney conspiracy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ashisnotanidiot
George Martin got the same royalties as each member of the Beatles.

Producers do not get royalties.

Composers do.

So The Beatles are composers then?

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ashisnotanidiot

Again, for #s and giggles, when did you get your degree in music? It is relevant here. You are arguing that only those who can read and write music and rely on music theory can compose good music.

I already gave you a link with a ton of people who did not have true formal training. One had a very extensive catalogue and played multiple instruments. The person I am referring to wrote quite a few with and for other artists.

and the to be very honest, I cannot stand most of the Beatles popular songs. The B-sides are the classics. Layered.

David Gilmour. A guy who copied blues artists who has some of most incredible songs ever written.

Paul could have been replaced.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: cocnutcrab883

Composers do.

Derp! With the constant changing of goalposts and blatant gaslighting, I'm not sure ashisnotanidiot even knows whose point they're trying to prove anymore!

Oh well, as some people say, different courses for different horsens

edit on 11-3-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:41 PM
link   

a reply to: daskakik

Uh huh, sure. You keep telling yourself that.

Bob Dylan, Can't Wait
"If we do it in... How about B-Flat?"

Yep, he doesn't know theory, so he's going to change the key signature and transpose on the fly.

Most musicians will tell you they can't read sheet music. Because they can't read it at performance speed.

Are you a musician?

What instrument(s) do you play?

I play guitar and drums.

I enjoy both, but I'm a far better drummer than guitar player. And I've played in some pretty good bands over the years. Luckily for the fans/audience, the other members of the band were more talented than I was.

But I held on my own.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Eddie even learned how to play the piano along with his brother. But though he grew up with music all around him, he never learned to read it, learning instead by watching and listening. When asked by Guitar World if his piano training transferred to the guitar, he replied that it had, “but in a very subliminal way. Because I never learned how to read, really; I used to fool the teacher. I did it all by ear.”
www.themusicstudio.ca...

Jimi Hendrix didn't read or write music either.

Already addressed Jimi, whose grandmother was a vaudeville performer.

So what?

Jimi wasn't.

You sound like a frustrated musician wannabe.

Really.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It's a long running joke with the band...they just kept perpetuating it.

a reply to: G1111B1234

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Paul McCartney: I wasn't really dead

edit on 12-3-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: arcticshuffle

originally posted by: daskakik
your claim that without formal training people can't write music. Some people have a knack, no formal training needed.

No, the claim was that without formal training, they cant write music that complex and intricate. As usual, you all either can't read, or need to misrepresent the argument in order to participate.

Any as$hole can can write music, as is evidenced by the never ending stream of crap on the top 40 radio stations every day.

But for someone with no musical background to write what people consider to be the most important music of MULTIPLE GENERATIONS.......

Bullsh!t.

Just be honest. Your world would end if it were true the Beatles weren't the songwriters you believed they were.

Two things give you away ….. your juvenile last paragraph, and the fact that you’re splitting hairs now. Everybody has agreed with you that Martin did a lot of important work on the Beatles music. None of us can know the actual mix, we just have our opinions.
You’ve stated yours 50 times now, we heard you.
Everybody doesn’t agree with you. Quit bitching about it, it’s called “life”.

Uh huh right. He wasn't a Pacemaker, right? But Mitch Murray was huh. That's you agreeing Martin was vital to the Beatles.

Go away.

What’s your point ? That the music business is rife with nepotism and borrowing and sampling, and there are writers who aren’t the performers ?
Ummmm, I think all music fans know this.

George got dinged for “my sweet Lord”, Chuck Berry got Maybelline out of an old cowboy song named Ida Red. About 50 people have done Black Betty since they took it from Lead belly, who got it from field songs in the 1800’s.

You really haven’t uncovered a new conspiracy here.

The only thing you’ve brought here is to argue against 99.99% of music fans, in claiming the Beatles did nothing impressive.

Hey, it’s a free country, you are allowed to claim whatever makes your feelz go “wheeeee !”

But you should be weeeeee’d out already. You’re just being a repetitive putz at this point.

Hey, you want a true genius ? Played every instrument, wrote his own (great) stuff, did his own producing and engineering and mixing, early master of tech / digital ……. Todd Rundgren.

George Martin was clever and was the 5th Beatle.

His formative years were in producing comedy records and weird baroque chamber music with Peter Ustinov lol. Not a big pop or Rock guy. He was quite clever with recording methods and unusual / emerging techniques. But a wordsmith or font of great songs, he was not. He put the very nice ruffles and flourishes on already great songs.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Again, for #s and giggles, when did you get your degree in music? It is relevant here. You are arguing that only those who can read and write music and rely on music theory can compose good music.

I already gave you a link with a ton of people who did not have true formal training. One had a very extensive catalogue and played multiple instruments. The person I am referring to wrote quite a few with and for other artists.

and the to be very honest, I cannot stand most of the Beatles popular songs. The B-sides are the classics. Layered.

David Gilmour. A guy who copied blues artists who has some of most incredible songs ever written.

Paul could have been replaced.

Hey, it all starts and ends with Syd Barrett !

Wacky guy.

I’ve got a bike you can ride it if you like.

But also maybe Melanie.

I’ve got a brand new pair of roller skates you’ve got a brand new key.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: arcticshuffle

Todd Rundgren? A genius.

Did guitar on Bat Out of Hell, too.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlroyFarms

originally posted by: cocnutcrab883

Composers do.

Derp! With the constant changing of goalposts and blatant gaslighting, I'm not sure ashisnotanidiot even knows whose point they're trying to prove anymore!

Oh well, as some people say, different courses for different horsens

Derp nothing, the members of the Beatles have writing credits...

You gonna embarrass yourself some more?
edit on 12-3-2024 by ashisnotanidiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: arcticshuffle

"By the way....which ones Pink?" sums up music beautifully....

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

He won't answer. I have been in bands and the studio for over 30 years. Played countless gigs. I am a singer/songwriter who knows some guitar, piano and drums. Self-taught with some lessons from a family member when I was young.

I hate writing sheet music. I do not like reading sheet music. But if you play me a few chords and a few progressions i write great songs.

I just cannot figure out if this guy is older or younger. It would help to know what musical generation he came from.
edit on Maram31amf0000002024-03-12T11:21:01-05:001101 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

He won't answer. I have been in bands and the studio for over 30 years. Played countless gigs. I am a singer/songwriter who knows some guitar, piano and drums. Self-taught with some lessons from a family member when I was young.

I hate writing sheet music. I do not like reading sheet music. But if you play me a few chords and a few progressions i write great songs.

I just cannot figure out if this guy is older or younger. It would help to know what musical generation he came from.

Because it has no bearing on what we're talking about. It doesn't matter if I play, what I play. How long I studied for, where I studied, when I studied, who I studied with.

In fact, it's another misrepresentation of what I said. Y'all are treating it as if I'm claiming to be an expert in music because I studied theory.

When, IN FACT, I said I studied music theory under the context that even people who have studied music have trouble writing music as complex as the music attributed to the Beatles.

I did not write good music. I did not write great music.

I most certainly did not write what many, if not most, people consider to be the greatest pop music in multiple generations.

And THATS what we're talking about.

NOT that some kids from England wrote some music.

Instead, that 4 kids from the same part of England with no musical background somehow managed to write intricate and complex music that is considered to be the most important music in music history.

And they did it by listening to some skiffle records.

Even though literally all logic tells anyone with half a brain that the music industry uses ghost writers ALL THE TIME.

Even though they had a classically trained musician who could write complex and intricate musical compositions producing them.

Yet here we are, lying to ourselves that putzing away in our little garage bands, is the equivalent of what the Beatles allegedly did.

Or should I say instead, here we are on a forum lying to everyone, claiming that any schmuck with a guitar can write GREAT, complex, intricate music that will be shape the musical landscape and be remembered and argued about for the next 50 years.

Because, according to the people in this thread, Pip farting on a snare drum is the next Eleanor Rigby.
edit on 12-3-2024 by ashisnotanidiot because: (no reason given)

(post by ashisnotanidiot removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Because it has no bearing on what we're talking about.

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

The topic of the thread was did the original Paul die and was he replaced by a look-alike, not who wrote what part of the beatles catalog?

edit on 12-3-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   

'Intricate and complex music"?!!!!

Really?

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The stop whining man. If you do not care, are a #ty songwriter and cannot prove you studied theory....you are just as good as the Beatles.

It was a simple question. A person is influenced by someone for music. Mom. Dad. Grandparents. Aunt. Uncle.Teacher. Significant other. Friends. Teacher. Someone gave you the push just like all of these musicians.

Prince never studied or READ and wrote intricate and influential music. Pete Townshend is a musical genius and never learned how to read music.

You are starting to sound like this guy...

"I recorded....in Denmark!"

edit on Marpm31pmf0000002024-03-12T14:59:00-05:000200 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

(post by ashisnotanidiot removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join