It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul McCartney conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ashisnotanidiot
Go listen to his album, In My Life. I guarantee you those "Beatles" songs are his.

Ok then, if he was the talent, why couldn't Paul be replaced by any other pretty boy with a different name? That is, after all, the topic of the thread.
edit on 11-3-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ashisnotanidiot

Martin was to the Beatles what Brian Wilson was to the Beach Boys. Minus the going crazy part. Without him, the Beatles are just another skiffle band.

Strange then that McCartney's post Beatles band " Wings " had their albums produced by McCartney, with no input from George Martin. Yet many classic songs came from those albums, written and produced by McCartney.

I

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:50 PM
link   

What does WHEN i got my degree matter? Are you questioning that I studied music theory in your own passive aggressive way?

No. Because I have a lot of musicians who are friends. So does my wife. I would like to know what era you trained. FFS sakes man calm down. No Passive Aggressiveness. All I have done is try to converse. You are getting bent out of shape here.

You do not have to study music theory to know music theory. Ask Paul McCartney who this thread is about. I am sure you can google it. I remember the line from a book I read about them.

BOB said that at the beginning of a song.

Little story. I auditioned once, I was very young, 19, and the guys were in their 30's. When I showed up I remember the drummer asking what key I wanted a song played. (Surrender by Cheap Trick). I said the original and he laughed. He said I did not know what I was doing because i did not know my key. THAT is the type of person who says you have to know music theory to perform. The song metric for that one is C or C Major if I recall. Could care less at the time because again, reproduction.

There is also a big difference between writing and playing, as well as composing. All different but if they do not come together it sucks. All musicians are unique which makes it so cool.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

How many "classics?"

I mean, I guess if you're a Wings fan, I suppose there's a couple "classics."

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

What does WHEN i got my degree matter? Are you questioning that I studied music theory in your own passive aggressive way?

No. Because I have a lot of musicians who are friends. So does my wife. I would like to know what era you trained. FFS sakes man calm down. No Passive Aggressiveness. All I have done is try to converse. You are getting bent out of shape here.

You do not have to study music theory to know music theory. Ask Paul McCartney who this thread is about. I am sure you can google it. I remember the line from a book I read about them.

BOB said that at the beginning of a song.

Little story. I auditioned once, I was very young, 19, and the guys were in their 30's. When I showed up I remember the drummer asking what key I wanted a song played. (Surrender by Cheap Trick). I said the original and he laughed. He said I did not know what I was doing because i did not know my key. THAT is the type of person who says you have to know music theory to perform. The song metric for that one is C or C Major if I recall. Could care less at the time because again, reproduction.

There is also a big difference between writing and playing, as well as composing. All different but if they do not come together it sucks. All musicians are unique which makes it so cool.

Nobody said you have to know theory to perform.

You have to know theory to transpose a song on command.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You have to know theory to transpose a song on command.

Or know where to place a capo, if you are a guitarist.

ETA: Still doesn't mean you have to be able to read sheet music, at any speed.
edit on 11-3-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: arcticshuffle

originally posted by: gortex

There's no way in hell 4 kids with no ability to read or write music came up with that music

Not true , you don't need to be able to read or write musical scores to create great music.

Yes you do. Which is why there are people like producers and studio musicians on all the albums you listen to.

I'm not knocking bedroom musicians, understand. But writing some lyrics over the same tired 1-4-5 chord progression isn't "great" music. I studied music theory, and I can't write an interesting song to save my life.

But you most definitely need to know music theory when you write a song with highly advanced musical techniques you can only learn by studying years music theory.

Penny Lane has 7 key changes. Most musicians struggle to add ONE key change into a song and make it sound good. Only someone with an advanced music education can add 7.

And remember, EVERYTHING you see in pop culture is fake. It's all a product. Brian Epstein and George Martin created that product and sold it to you.

Just like the Monkees.

3 of the 4 Monkees were very good musicians, with Davy Jones being a little less. But even he was a good Broadway type singer.

Pretending the Beatles were some kind of garage band is silly. The top talents and historians in musical history put them at the top.

And the accolades for Martin are deserved. He just didn’t do it all and the a band do very little. That’s an unserious position, sounds like you have some sort of irrational axe to grind.

Sure the Monkees could play their instruments. What happened when they tried to write their own music though?

I love how every other major musician either has a legit musical background, or serious ties to the industry that you can trace.

But these, NOT ONE, TWO OR THREE; BUT FOUR kids, ALL *MAGICALLY* FROM THE SAME AREA, had no musical background. Had no ties to the industry.

Somehow managed to write the most intricate and interesting pop music of multiple generations. All because they listened to some skiffle records.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

And the classically trained musician/producer just sat there and pressed record. LMAO. Tons of orchestral pieces in the Beatles albums, but nope, the classically trained musician had nothing to do with it.

Wake the F up people.

Nobody is claiming the Beatles don't have some good music. Your childhood is safe.

All I'm saying is the Beatles were just as manufactured as the Monkees.

Deny ignorance.

Paul is Dead.
edit on 11-3-2024 by ashisnotanidiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   

So what about George Martin not producing the " Wings " material ? You more or less claimed McCartney could not function without him.

By the way, the album " Band On The Run " spent 124 weeks in The UK album charts.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

So what about George Martin not producing the " Wings " material ? You more or less claimed McCartney could not function without him.

By the way, the album " Band On The Run " spent 124 weeks in The UK album charts.

Good for Band on the Run. Didn't album sales suck and that was like the only "decent" song on the album?

And I say "decent" because, again, it was "decent" if you're a Wings fan. Which I'm not.

Here's another hot take for you:

George Harrison's best song "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" should have been an Eric Clapton song. Since Eric Clapton plays all the parts of the song that make it a good song.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Tons of orchestral pieces in the Beatles albums.

I think you know very little about The Beatles.

Paul McCarney wrote 6 classical music albums. The first was in 1967. Here's the list.

www.the-paulmccartney-project.com...
edit on 11-3-2024 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Paul McCarney wrote 10 classical music albums. The first was in 1967. Here's the list.

Well after he had been working with George Martin.

In fact, George Martin has writing credits on the first one.... LMAO.

F.kn classic.

The Family Way - Original Soundtrack Recording (Stereo - US)

Cue 2M1 / 2M4

Written by Paul McCartney, George Martin

2:11 • Studio version • B • Stereo

George Martin : Producer John Underwood : Viola Joy Hall : Cello Raymond Keenlyside : ViolinPerformed by : George Martin Orchestra Neville Marriner : Violin
Session Recording: Early December 1966 Studio : CTS Studios, London, UK

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Paul McCarney wrote 10 classical music albums. The first was in 1967. Here's the list.

So George Martin actually wrote them then. Right

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So George Martin actually wrote them then. Right

He LITERALLY has writing credits...

The Family Way - Original Soundtrack Recording (Stereo - US)

Cue 2M1 / 2M4

2:11 • Studio version • B • Stereo

George Martin : Producer John Underwood : Viola Joy Hall : Cello Raymond Keenlyside : ViolinPerformed by : George Martin Orchestra Neville Marriner : Violin

Cue 5M1 / 11M3

1:11 • Studio version • B • Stereo

Cue 6M4 / 7M2

1:00 • Studio version • B • Stereo

Cue 6M2 / 1M2

1:30 • Studio version • B • Stereo

Cue 10M1 / 6M3 / 4M1 / 1M3 / 1M4

3:28 • Studio version • B • Stereo

Cue 7M3 (Love In The Open Air)

Written by Paul McCartney

3:02 • Studio version • B • Stereo

Disc 2

Cue 2M5

2:10 • Studio version • B • Stereo

Cue 1M1

1:22 • Studio version • B • Stereo

Cue 7M1

1:06 • Studio version • B • Stereo

Cue 11M1 / 11M2 / 10M3 / 8M1

1:47 • Studio version • B • Stereo

Cue 12M1

1:02 • Studio version • B • Stereo

Cue 13M1

2:51 • Studio version • B • Stereo

Cue 13M2

1:03 • Studio version • B • Stereo

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 05:32 PM
link   

He LITERALLY has writing credits

Over 200 Beatle songs have writing credits to Lennon-McCartney.

How many do you think they actually wrote together ?
edit on 11-3-2024 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: G1111B1234
Paul died in a car accident in the 70s which was why they ended up stopping live concerts.

Your chronology is quite a bit off.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Jimi Hendrix. Grandmother was a vaudeville performer.

Hendrix also played his guitar upside down, but I'm sure that was just part of Grammy's vaudeville act.

Your degree is worth beans if you think musicians need classical training to be successful or creative.

As long as Paul has been in the biz, you don't think he picked up some street smarts along the way?

edit on 11-3-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This thread feels like some weird sock-puppet sh*tposting theater NGL.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   

He LITERALLY has writing credits

Over 200 Beatle songs have writing credits to Lennon-McCartney.

How many do you think they actually wrote together ?

Weird that Paul McCartneys first classical album, EVERY SINGLE song on it is not only produced by George Martin, but also credits George Martin as a writer.

And then Paul doesn't write any more classical albums until the Beatles break up

What are you trying to argue here?

Because you seem to be trying to credit the orchestral stuff on the Beatles albums to Paul, when it's clear even the orchestral stuff Paul wrote during his time with the Beatles was with the classically trained musician/producer.

Almost is if you're arguing my point.

Because it makes more sense that the orchestral pieces found on the Beatles albums can be directly credited to the classically trained musician/producer.

Especially since there's interviews confirming that.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   

McCartney's father was a trumpet player and pianist who led Jim Mac's Jazz Band in the 1920s. He kept an upright piano in the front room, encouraged his sons to be musical and advised McCartney to take piano lessons.

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=McCartney's%20father%20was%20a%20trumpet,McCartney%20to%20take%20piano%20lessons.

Guess this wasn't enough of a tie to the music industry for the instigator music major

To say that Paul McCartney was some sh*t-pantsed fool who couldn't write music is a bit disingenuous.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlroyFarms

McCartney's father was a trumpet player and pianist who led Jim Mac's Jazz Band in the 1920s. He kept an upright piano in the front room, encouraged his sons to be musical and advised McCartney to take piano lessons.

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=McCartney's%20father%20was%20a%20trumpet,McCartney%20to%20take%20piano%20lessons.

Guess this wasn't enough of a tie to the music industry for the instigator music major

To say that Paul McCartney was some sh*t-pantsed fool who couldn't write music is a bit disingenuous.

Have you ever heard of the masked melody makers? What clubs did they play?

Did they record any albums?

His father was a salesman. He wasn't a touring musician. He played in a band, when he was a kid....

Well before Paul was even a twinkle in his ballsack.

Who's the one being disingenuous here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join