It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul McCartney conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

It’s an interesting conspiracy for sure. You can understand why they’d do it as the Beatles were a cash cow and Paul was the most popular.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ashisnotanidiot

There's no way in hell 4 kids with no ability to read or write music came up with that music

Not true , you don't need to be able to read or write musical scores to create great music.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

The way his eyes change in shape as well as his facial differences in a few years and his hight do ring alarm bells

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

There's no way in hell 4 kids with no ability to read or write music came up with that music

Not true , you don't need to be able to read or write musical scores to create great music.

Yes you do. Which is why there are people like producers and studio musicians on all the albums you listen to.

I'm not knocking bedroom musicians, understand. But writing some lyrics over the same tired 1-4-5 chord progression isn't "great" music. I studied music theory, and I can't write an interesting song to save my life.

But you most definitely need to know music theory when you write a song with highly advanced musical techniques you can only learn by studying years music theory.

Penny Lane has 7 key changes. Most musicians struggle to add ONE key change into a song and make it sound good. Only someone with an advanced music education can add 7.

And remember, EVERYTHING you see in pop culture is fake. It's all a product. Brian Epstein and George Martin created that product and sold it to you.

Just like the Monkees.
edit on 11-3-2024 by ashisnotanidiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yes you do. Which is why there are people like producers and studio musicians on all the albums you listen to.

20 years playing tells me you don't need to read music , Eddie Van Halen couldn't read music nor Bob Dylan , there are many other top musicians who don't read or write music.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Sorry, but it is just not true. You can study all the music theory you want but there is a big difference between studio musicians and a real band. A studio musician can give you what you ask for or provide but a true musician will create and enhance anything they touch.

If you have ever played you would know when it 'clicks' as they say that can be found and the singer does not have to know why key he is singing in. The guitarist might play a chord different from another because someone else who was not trained taught him. Off time drums that just....work. It just blends. That is music. What you are describing is reproduction or using the method. Just about every pop song there is lends its beat or chords to a different one...and another one...and another one. It is hard to be unique.

Tell Roger Waters, Josh Homme and Slash to all play the intro to a song. Each one will have his signature. You will know it but there are some people you can tell from the first chord. It is what makes musicians great.

There may come a time 4-5 projects in where the science starts to work its way in with some but it is not always what you describe. You should open your mind to those who are not 'trained' and you could both learn something from each other. I always did.

I have gone down the rabbit hole a few times with this story and each time I think he was replaced. I often wonder if that is why they stopped when they did. In their prime. A few others at that time also and a LOT of people died not just from OD's. There was no internet then. It was easier to make a 'change' so to say.
edit on Marpm31pmf0000002024-03-11T15:44:52-05:000352 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Marpm31pmf0000002024-03-11T15:45:08-05:000308 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ashisnotanidiot

I'm not knocking bedroom musicians, understand. But writing some lyrics over the same tired 1-4-5 chord progression isn't "great" music. I studied music theory, and I can't write an interesting song to save my life.

But you most definitely need to know music theory when you write a song with highly advanced musical techniques you can only learn by studying years music theory.

Penny Lane has 7 key changes. Most musicians struggle to add ONE key change into a song and make it sound good. Only someone with an advanced music education can add 7.

And remember, EVERYTHING you see in pop culture is fake. It's all a product. Brian Epstein and George Martin created that product and sold it to you.

Just like the Monkees.

3 of the 4 Monkees were very good musicians, with Davy Jones being a little less. But even he was a good Broadway type singer.

Pretending the Beatles were some kind of garage band is silly. The top talents and historians in musical history put them at the top.

And the accolades for Martin are deserved. He just didn’t do it all and the a band do very little. That’s an unserious position, sounds like you have some sort of irrational axe to grind.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here is a great piece of info for all those interested. 1h 36m long and very interesting in that it goes into loads of the details...

George Harrison tells the true story of Paul McCartney's 1966 death and the cover up

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   

20 years playing tells me you don't need to read music , Eddie Van Halen couldn't read music nor Bob Dylan , there are many other top musicians who don't read or write music.

EVH was a classically trained pianist. His dad was also a jazz musician...

Bob Dylan... Weird how he's playing piano with all that sheet above it in 1962. His brother went to music school on scholarship, too.

www.popspotsnyc.com...

We can keep going... Prince. "Didn't know theory", but could rewrite entire arrangements for orchestras. Sure. Both parents touring jazz musicians.

Michael Jackson. Riiiight. Joe physically tortured those kids but never forced them to learn to read sheet. Joe was a touring blues guitarist, and his mother was a musician, too.

Jimi Hendrix. Grandmother was a vaudeville performer.

Like I said, it's all manufactured. It's an image.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The renowned singer-songwriter has been quoted as saying, “I can't read music, but I've always been able to figure out songs by ear.” Dylan is a prime example of an artist who has been able to achieve success without being able to read or write music.

Some of the greatest could not read sheet music....

Link

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

The renowned singer-songwriter has been quoted as saying, “I can't read music, but I've always been able to figure out songs by ear.” Dylan is a prime example of an artist who has been able to achieve success without being able to read or write music.

Some of the greatest could not read sheet music....

Link

This is Bob Dylan, playing a piano, with sheet music on it

www.popspotsnyc.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   

This is Bob Dylan, playing a piano, with sheet music on it

Just because someone put the sheet music on the piano doesn't mean Bob could read it.

ETA: On the topic of the thread, Paul still looks like the original Paul, with the usual signs of aging to me. Billy Shears was supposedly Ringo, at least according to the lyrics of the 1973 song "I am the greatest".

I don't see why there was a need for a doppelganger. They could have gotten any teen pop idol to fill the role, if it was just a role. Like Davy Jones, he was probably a bigger heartthrob back in the mid 60's.

edit on 11-3-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Uh huh, sure. You keep telling yourself that.

Bob Dylan, Can't Wait
"If we do it in... How about B-Flat?"

Yep, he doesn't know theory, so he's going to change the key signature and transpose on the fly.

Most musicians will tell you they can't read sheet music. Because they can't read it at performance speed.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   

EVH was a classically trained pianist. His dad was also a jazz musician...

Bob Dylan... Weird how he's playing piano with all that sheet above it in 1962. His brother went to music school on scholarship, too.

www.popspotsnyc.com...

Like I said, it's all manufactured. It's an image. How cool is David Lee Roth when he sings his show tunes? Cool enough to front the biggest rock band in the world?

Your words do bely a certain amount of bitterness about something.
McCartney Lennon and Harrison were 3 giant talents who ended up with a nice symbiotic dynamic. Ringo was a very good drummer who had a unique fun style when they set him up with just the right song.
McCartney and Lennon to a degree, could just keep writing a terrific song every day and give it to somebody to use for a too 10 hit. McCartney did just that for Badfinger. He created them and just handed them some big hits to get them going. He pumped out endless great songs with Wings.

Lennon could veer between acting like Keith Moon and writing beautiful ballads for his kids and being a fun 50’s rocker. He could put out a nifty little song like Imagine or the Christmas song or Give peace a chance, or beautiful boy. Any day.

George was just about as good, which he showed when they let him get into the writing with them, A fabulous voice and style.

Martin was outstanding but he was a guy who processed the songs, didn’t create them. If he was that good on his own, he would have had his own band.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Uh huh, sure. You keep telling yourself that.

Bob Dylan, Can't Wait
"If we do it in... How about B-Flat?"

Yep, he doesn't know theory, so he's going to change the key signature and transpose on the fly.

Who said he doesn't know theory?

What was said was that he could read sheet music. Weak try at shifting that goalpost.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Ok. That means nothing. When did you graduate with your degree? I am just curious. My wife was a music major and sang opera. Classically trained piano. She performed state side and overseas. Very talented and can read music.

She has no rhythm. How does that happen? Can you explain that? She loves music. She can read, write and follow but...self admitted no 'concept' of keeping time. Myself? I can keep time of 4-5 instruments playing with me in my head. I did not go to school for music.

If someone said play it in B Flat he would ask them to play it.....and then hit the note. No one I have ever worked with would call someone out like you are stating.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Eddie even learned how to play the piano along with his brother. But though he grew up with music all around him, he never learned to read it, learning instead by watching and listening. When asked by Guitar World if his piano training transferred to the guitar, he replied that it had, “but in a very subliminal way. Because I never learned how to read, really; I used to fool the teacher. I did it all by ear.”
www.themusicstudio.ca...

Jimi Hendrix didn't read or write music either.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Ok. That means nothing. When did you graduate with your degree? I am just curious. My wife was a music major and sang opera. Classically trained piano. She performed state side and overseas. Very talented and can read music.

She has no rhythm. How does that happen? Can you explain that? She loves music. She can read, write and follow but...self admitted no 'concept' of keeping time. Myself? I can keep time of 4-5 instruments playing with me in my head. I did not go to school for music.

If someone said play it in B Flat he would ask them to play it.....and then hit the note. No one I have ever worked with would call someone out like you are stating.

BOB said let's play it in B-Flat.

Not someone else, and then Bob asked them to play it first to figure it out.

Bob said, hey, let's play this song in a different key. Which means he needed to know the scale of the new key, in order to play the chords in that new key. Because if he didn't he'd be playing the wrong chords and the song would sound terrible...

Knowing to play a minor chord here but a major chord there in a different key than the song was written, on the fly? Music theory.

What does WHEN i got my degree matter? Are you questioning that I studied music theory in your own passive aggressive way?

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Eddie even learned how to play the piano along with his brother. But though he grew up with music all around him, he never learned to read it, learning instead by watching and listening. When asked by Guitar World if his piano training transferred to the guitar, he replied that it had, “but in a very subliminal way. Because I never learned how to read, really; I used to fool the teacher. I did it all by ear.”
www.themusicstudio.ca...

Jimi Hendrix didn't read or write music either.

Already addressed Jimi, whose grandmother was a vaudeville performer.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: arcticshuffle
Martin was outstanding but he was a guy who processed the songs, didn’t create them. If he was that good on his own, he would have had his own band.

Uh huh, yep that's all he did.

You want to know what songs Martin wrote?

Go listen to his album, In My Life. I guarantee you those "Beatles" songs are his.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join