It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish Academic fired over his criticisms of Israel's attacks in Gaza

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Leviathan4

Your point about Israeli pilots is from years ago.

Not current.

So dishonest?

Shameful.

So you say that everyone now in the Israeli Army is in favour of killing innocent civilians? That's a very risky statement. I never claimed that the article about the Israeli Pilots was a recent one. But at least it shows there are sane people even in the Army.

And it is your argument that is dishonest and shameful trying to misrepresent deliberately what I said.

I see you're unable to address the topic of this thread and I wonder why.
edit on 27-10-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

originally posted by: Leviathan4

1) Complete siege of Gaza

Maybe Hamas shouldn’t change a civilian city into a missile base.

2) Incitement to genocide

Huh. Then why doesn’t Israel just wipe Gaza off the map. But reality is Israel uses surgical strikes and warns the population. As pointed out to you.

Vs? Hamas forcing Gaza civilians in place to act as human shields

While Hamas launches rocket / missile attacks from civilian buildings. Attacks aimed at nothing but Jewish civilians. Where often Hamas rockets misfire killing civilians in Gaza

3) Collective punishment

Right or wrong. Israel gave warning to leave Gaza and worked on a corridor for an out. Hamas booby trapped the corridor killing 70 in a convoy.

4) Forced expulsion

Not the same as giving warning to clear the area for military strikes.

5) Disproportional aerial bombardment of the civilian population

Based on what evidence. The lies concerning a hospital and the Hamas rockets the misfire killing civilians in Gaza? Israel goes after valid military targets. Hamas is using human shields.

6) Attacks on civilian structures, hospitals, and humanitarian workers

Hamas redefines those structures once they launch rockets for those sites or they become a base of militant operations for Hamas.

Collective punishment is a war crime and Israel has committed war crimes just as Hamas has done. It's a simple as this. Trying to excuse them is futile. You need to accept the realities of war.

In this article even a Jewish Academic had been accused of being a Hamas and terrorist supporter by stating the obvious i.e that Israel is an Apartheid State that had committed war crimes against the Palestinians. It's really damning as it comes from a Jewish person.

amp.theguardian.com...

Water is a basic human right, and denying this right violates international humanitarian law and the Geneva conventions, constituting a war crime, according to UN experts.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Ah , there is No Man Given Right to Free Speech in Israel . no FOIA too . Sometimes they Even Forget God gave them One............

The Israeli Academic has decided not to go back to Israel for safety reasons. It seems it's very difficult to exercise your freedom of speech in periods of war.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Collective punishment is a war crime

Except that Hamas forcibly keeps their human shields in place. That isn’t Israel’s fault that Hamas keeps the civilians under siege where Israel gave warning and worked on giving civilians an out.
edit on 28-10-2023 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 03:24 AM
link   

So you say that everyone now in the Israeli Army is in favour of killing innocent civilians?

I don’t think any one in the Israel military is for killing civilians nor your false claims of genocide. I think they have the sickening task of taking out terrorists that are killing Jews. Hamas that used rockets/missiles that often misfire killing their own civilians. Hamas that uses human shields. Hamas that uses lies you buy into. Hamas that is set on killing as many innocent Jews as possible.

An Israel soldier refuses to fight to only be killed by a Hamas rocket arrack? Or Hamas captures Israel, what happen then? To the Jewish soldier that refuses to fight?

Israel gave the civilians of Gaza a way out. There is no out offered by Hamas. For their human shields or Israel.

Hamas offers no freedom of religion, That alone makes them a threat to what I hold dear.
edit on 28-10-2023 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Collective punishment is a war crime

Except that Hamas forcibly keeps their human shields in place. That isn’t Israel’s fault that Hamas keeps the civilians under siege where Israel gave warning and worked on giving civilians an out.

You may want to take a look at this one again

Water is a basic human right, and denying this right violates international humanitarian law and the Geneva conventions, constituting a war crime, according to UN experts.

You can't defend the war crimes committed by Israel. It's not nice or wide to go down this route.
edit on 28-10-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 03:40 AM
link   

You can't defend the war crimes committed by Israel. It's not nice or wide to go down this route.

That’s why I’m not defending Hamas that uses human shields.

Israel has every right to go after military targets even if Hamas uses human shields. And using human shields is a war crime on its self.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 04:21 AM
link   

That’s why I’m not defending Hamas that uses human shields.

Israel has every right to go after military targets even if Hamas uses human shields. And using human shields is a war crime on its self.

Nobody in these threads defends Hamas. It looks like an argument made out of desperation when there is nothing else to throw in the conversations. And the usual false equivalency when support for ceasefire and support for peace are magically equated with support for Hamas and terrorism. What a terrible argument.

Even the academic who is the topic of this thread was accused for being a supporter of Hamas and terrorism. How absurd this is!

The human shields argument has been refuted so many times. The vast majority of those killed, and there are thousands, are women and children, and the rest are mostly civilians. If there were Hamas Militants anywhere near them they would have been killed too. But there are not as they are hiding well as it seems. Innocent people are paying the price and it's a heavy price to pay.

Damning evidence of war crimes as Israeli attacks wipe out entire families in Gaza

As Israeli forces continue to intensify their cataclysmic assault on the occupied Gaza Strip, Amnesty International has documented unlawful Israeli attacks, including indiscriminate attacks, which caused mass civilian casualties and must be investigated as war crimes

reliefweb.int...

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 04:25 AM
link   

So you say that everyone now in the Israeli Army is in favour of killing innocent civilians?

I don’t think any one in the Israel military is for killing civilians nor your false claims of genocide. I think they have the sickening task of taking out terrorists that are killing Jews. Hamas that used rockets/missiles that often misfire killing their own civilians. Hamas that uses human shields. Hamas that uses lies you buy into. Hamas that is set on killing as many innocent Jews as possible.

An Israel soldier refuses to fight to only be killed by a Hamas rocket arrack? Or Hamas captures Israel, what happen then? To the Jewish soldier that refuses to fight?

Israel gave the civilians of Gaza a way out. There is no out offered by Hamas. For their human shields or Israel.

Hamas offers no freedom of religion, That alone makes them a threat to what I hold dear.

reliefweb.int...

Damning evidence of war crimes as Israeli attacks wipe out entire families in Gaza

As Israeli forces continue to intensify their cataclysmic assault on the occupied Gaza Strip, Amnesty International has documented unlawful Israeli attacks, including indiscriminate attacks, which caused mass civilian casualties and must be investigated as war crimes

I am not using the word genocide and I don't think I have made this claim. So it's more of a strawman argument coming from you.

But Israel has committed war crimes just as described above by the Jewish Academic. It's really damning when Jewish people go against their Government and say the truth just as they see it.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 05:22 AM
link   

The human shields argument has been refuted so many times.

The why did Hamas prevent civilians from leaving the area? Why wouldn’t Hamas take effort to clear the areas of Israeli military action when they give warning. Instead of keeping their human shields. A little common sense and your propaganda falls apart.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 05:25 AM
link   

M
I am not using the word genocide

Then don’t include the word genocide in your postings.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   

M
I am not using the word genocide

Then don’t include the word genocide in your postings.

I am not going to take out words from news and articles so to please someone who is emotionally charged and doesn't want to hear about the word genocide. I think it's also against T&C's to add or subtract words from articles.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 06:18 AM
link   

The human shields argument has been refuted so many times.

The why did Hamas prevent civilians from leaving the area? Why wouldn’t Hamas take effort to clear the areas of Israeli military action when they give warning. Instead of keeping their human shields. A little common sense and your propaganda falls apart.

If they were using them as human shields in these bombings then there would have been also many hundreds or thousands of Militants dead from the bombs as the bombs don't discriminate between civilians and Hamas. So your argument there doesn't hold in this case.

The UN is pointing to the Israeli Air Strikes for the humanitarian crisis seen and not to the human shields argument...

There is enough evidence to say Israel has committed war crimes. Even the gentleman who is the topic of this thread has said it clearly and without hesitation. And he is Jewish.

When Jewish people are accusing the State of Israel for committing crimes and for being an Apartheid State I don't think you need much more. Of course there is much more and it's coming day after day.
edit on 28-10-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   

If they were using them as human shields .

Then why doesn’t Hamas take every effort to clear areas of civilians when Israel gives there warnings?

Or let civilians shelter in the Hamas tunnels under Gaza.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 07:08 AM
link   

www.gerceknews.com...

Israeli sociolinguist Uri Horesh on Sunday announced on social media that he had been suspended from his job in Achva Academic College after voicing his opinions against Israel's targeting of civilians in Gaza, that more recently his access to college e-mail and other databases was cut off and his name and professional web page removed from the school's website.

So the Israeli Academic was initially suspended and eventually was fired for his views on Israel's attacks in Gaza and his solidarity with the Palestinian people and especially the people of Gaza who have been subjected to a continuous campaign of bombing that had killed many thousands with the majority to be women and children.

His letter

"Some of you already know that I was suspended 9 days ago from my college job 'pending a disciplinary hearing' for voicing my opinions against the Israeli genocidal actions in Gaza (officially because someone or something interpreted them as 'support for Hamas') (...) The hearing never came, but last night, with no warning, my access to college email and other databases was cut off, and my name and professional web page removed from the college server. I was also not sent an appointment letter for the current/upcoming academic year

The initial announcement caught me on the last day of a conference I was attending in NYC. Given that most flights to TLV have been canceled indefinitely, I changed my flight destination to London, and I am currently staying here in the United Kingdom for the time being."

In a few words the false equivalency argument has been applied even in his case!!! Given that he is Jewish.

He has been accused of being a Hamas Supporter!!! And it can't get more absurd than this when any criticisms of the Israeli Government and the Israeli State as well as any argument in favour of ceasefire and peace by anyone in the world can be perceived or deliberately labelled as anti-semitism, support for terrorism, support for Hamas, and the rest of these ridiculous accusations.

It reminds me of the Covid era where any criticisms of the new elixir of life and the medical establishment were regarded as potential crimes, misinformation, and anti vax propaganda.

He has now decided not to return to Israel for safety reasons and remain somewhere in England.

Am I reading this write, the college cut off his access to their email and databases and removed his link to their webpage?

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCameaSpider

www.gerceknews.com...

Israeli sociolinguist Uri Horesh on Sunday announced on social media that he had been suspended from his job in Achva Academic College after voicing his opinions against Israel's targeting of civilians in Gaza, that more recently his access to college e-mail and other databases was cut off and his name and professional web page removed from the school's website.

So the Israeli Academic was initially suspended and eventually was fired for his views on Israel's attacks in Gaza and his solidarity with the Palestinian people and especially the people of Gaza who have been subjected to a continuous campaign of bombing that had killed many thousands with the majority to be women and children.

His letter

"Some of you already know that I was suspended 9 days ago from my college job 'pending a disciplinary hearing' for voicing my opinions against the Israeli genocidal actions in Gaza (officially because someone or something interpreted them as 'support for Hamas') (...) The hearing never came, but last night, with no warning, my access to college email and other databases was cut off, and my name and professional web page removed from the college server. I was also not sent an appointment letter for the current/upcoming academic year

The initial announcement caught me on the last day of a conference I was attending in NYC. Given that most flights to TLV have been canceled indefinitely, I changed my flight destination to London, and I am currently staying here in the United Kingdom for the time being."

In a few words the false equivalency argument has been applied even in his case!!! Given that he is Jewish.

He has been accused of being a Hamas Supporter!!! And it can't get more absurd than this when any criticisms of the Israeli Government and the Israeli State as well as any argument in favour of ceasefire and peace by anyone in the world can be perceived or deliberately labelled as anti-semitism, support for terrorism, support for Hamas, and the rest of these ridiculous accusations.

It reminds me of the Covid era where any criticisms of the new elixir of life and the medical establishment were regarded as potential crimes, misinformation, and anti vax propaganda.

He has now decided not to return to Israel for safety reasons and remain somewhere in England.

Am I reading this write, the college cut off his access to their email and databases and removed his link to their webpage?

He has been cancelled completely.
He isn't even in Israel but has gone to London as he doesn't feel safe there after the cancelling. They scheduled a meeting with him to explain himself but the meeting never took place....instead he is now in exile in a few words!

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 04:45 AM
link   

If they were using them as human shields .

Then why doesn’t Hamas take every effort to clear areas of civilians when Israel gives there warnings?

Or let civilians shelter in the Hamas tunnels under Gaza.

Are these rhetorical questions?
Point is that an academic was prohibited from resuming his duties because he (as well as others) criticise Israel calling it an Apartheid State that has committed a range of crimes against the Palestinian people who himself differentiates from Hamas.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

Do you believe Hamas has committed war crimes?

Even though you're trying to create impressions, actually the false impressions, and especially to the members who are new to these conversations, you need to take a look at my threads before posting.

My threads argue about ceasefire and peace and not war and about the war crimes committed by Israel in response to war crimes (so you get the answer here).

I am sure you know it but you're trying to create false impressions.

Anyone who has chosen to make a false equivalency between support for peace and support Hamas has been refuted.

Do you condemn Hamas? Yes or no?

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Let me get this straight.

You have the sads because this degenerate(he says Hamas has done nothing wrong), who tried to cancel Israel, was then cancelled himself instead?

Is it because you and him share the same views?

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Do you believe Hamas has committed war crimes?

Even though you're trying to create impressions, actually the false impressions, and especially to the members who are new to these conversations, you need to take a look at my threads before posting.

My threads argue about ceasefire and peace and not war and about the war crimes committed by Israel in response to war crimes (so you get the answer here).

I am sure you know it but you're trying to create false impressions.

Anyone who has chosen to make a false equivalency between support for peace and support Hamas has been refuted.

Do you condemn Hamas? Yes or no?

Perhaps you haven't taken the time to look at my threads.

They usually start with the following phrase

War crimes committed by Hamas cannot be answered with war crimes committed by Israel.

I think that says it all.

Most of conversation in these threads involves emotionally charged Jewish supporters who can't or don't want to admit that both sides have committed war crimes but Israel has broken all records.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join