It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you do to get to sleep and stay asleep ??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Do you look at or watch an LED screen? You may have to get you some blue blockers - glasses that block the blue rays off an LED screen. I have some very old safety glasses that block UV A, B, and C and they help a lot. The blue rays somehow affect your ability to sleep if they are not blocked.

Now for peeing all times of the night, I solved mine by taking Vitamin B Complex. I noticed I didn't go as much in the daytime as I do at night and I was taking B complex only once per day. I now take two a day with one before I go to sleep. Cut peeing down to once maybe twice a night. I'm 73 and diabetic so I have to watch what I eat and vitamins I take. B Complex will turn your urine a bright yellow but for me the stuff works. Good luck and God bless...

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Beer and hydroxyzine.

Hahahahahaha... i reckon that would kill me !

All the best

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: EternalShadow
It's prescribed primarily for excessive itching but has been proven to relieve the onset of anxiety preventing panic attacks.

My doctor absolutely refuses to prescribe anything that is potentially addictive, and it's his alternative to Xanax. I've personally never taken it for daytime anxiety, but I do know people who it has helped immensely in that regard.

I can attest to that having been prescribed it when I was quitting alcohol 11 years ago. They wanted to prescribe me a ssri and something else I can't remember, but I adamantly refused and asked for something lighter.

It was lorazepam for a couple of weeks, then the hydroxyzine for a couple of months. I can say it helped quite a bit. Made me drowsy which was a godsend during that process.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have always had insomnia, and as I approach 60 it is getting worse, i very very rarely take a sleeping tablet, I have some stashed that are many years out of date but work fine. Nitrazepam.
but I always regret taking it, as I feel #### for days later.
I don't know how to think of "nothing" my mind is 100% until I am exhausted, I don't think I will ever change, sadly.

Sorry I am not much help, All the best in getting to sleep though

All the best
edit on 24823 by Quadlink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Try not to eat pizza or foods high in tyramines two to three hours or less before going to sleep. Some food chemistries also inhibit tyramine breakdown too. Histamine is one of the tyramine chemistries, so is peutramine and cadavarine. Umami and other aged chemistries made from some microbes seem to effect sleep. If you want to go out and party or drink, tyramines help you to keep going...eat a pizza, Junk food usually has added tyramine chemistry.

I not only researched this, I have been observing how it effects the wife and I and kids for years now. I wouldn't have probably believed it if I had not experimented it on myself.
edit on 24-8-2023 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I'll try a snack at bed. Banana or something like that.

I have no trouble at all napping after eating; usually 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

As for all night sleeping, I don't think I'm normal. I drink coffee constantly. Can't stay asleep unless my last cup was after 10:30 pm. I have consigned myself to getting up around 3:00 to pee though, and you're trying to avoid that.

LordAhriman says hydroxyzine. I had a prescription once about 10 years ago, along with an opioid. The hydroxyzine was great. I ended up throwing out the opioid and just taking the hydroxy. But the doctor wouldn't renew the prescription.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Onlazipine is a miracle. Asleep in five min and you wake up in the morning all refreshed. You won’t have any dreams though…

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I've always been an insomniac, For me melatonin works for a while then it seems I adjust. So I rotate every 4 weeks or so through and what I use has been recommended on here before.

Definitely agree the 420 laws, Delta 8, and even CBD help me occasionally but I do build up a tolerance. There's a pill my sister found called Gabajoy, but here are other brands, that really help, Black Seed Oil too.

Do I get a full 8 hours no I don't, 5-7 is such a drastic improvement though I can function just fine the next morning. But I got other crap going on, Meniere's, the ringing some nights if I don't knock that down it doesn't matter what else I do, plus I snore like crazy too. Bergamot helps my ears but you have to take it religiously or you are back at square one.

but those few nights when it all works together it's a beautiful feeling... highly recommend Black seed oil is good for chronic pain, a broad spectrum CBD, and or a water-soluble D8 if not D9 if it's legal in your state. Ashwagandha also seems to help

FWIW the OLLY Good Bye Stress Gummies work very well too, it has the Gaba in them, and they also do an OLLY Good Night.

Still, all of this depends on the individual, virtually every herbal or over-the-counter remedy usually takes a while to get the full effect. For example, I can take something that will knock me out and I'll sleep great for 8-10 hours but I have to get into a routine.

Read up and decide what may work for you, Make sure these don't interfere with any of your meds, but all of the above got me off lisinopril and cholesterol meds.

Magnesium and Zinc are important too.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Cannabis glycerin tincture.
Homemade is best, but store bought works to get started.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   

It never works for me, melatonin.

Your body produces melatonin naturally. It doesn't make you sleep, but as melatonin levels rise in the evening it puts you into a state of quiet wakefulness

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   

what I do to fall asleep: find a comfortable position, relax, empty my head, 30 seconds later I (almost always) sleep.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Sleep? What’s that?

20-100 laps in the pool then a big meal will knock me out for a little while.

Nightime is just nightmares interspersed between bathroom trips and waking from said nightmares or pain.

Clonazepam will knock me out for a few hours, but save that for emergencies.

Trazedone doesn’t work for me and has lots of side effects.

Meditation (hemi-sync), bendril and seasick medicine (forget name) help when I’m sick (nausea) - usually from bad chicken, so might be food allergy reaction. Heating pad on tummy.

Melatonin doesn’t work for me either.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

hydroxyzine acts as an anti-histamine if I remember right. I think it blocks H1 mostly. Avoiding histamine foods before going to bed usually takes care of histamines giving you energy. Histamines are good for somethings and bad for others. Histamines released by muscles free up energy in the body so you can keep going, something you don't need before going to bed at night.

It would probably work, but it is easier to just lower intake before going to sleep of high histamine foods or foods that block the breakdown of histamines.

Coffee by itself does not keep me awake, but it does if I eat histamine containing foods or do something that increases histamine release from the muscles.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I just did a web search "high histamine foods".

Lots of links, mostly for histamine intolerance.
Here's one link: www.verywellhealth.com...
But you've already stated that you tested this yourself as relates to sleep.

Within the brain, histamine is responsible for regulating the cycle of sleeping and waking. Histamine is most active while we’re awake, and is more active during the phase of the sleep cycle that most closely resembles wakefulness than it is during deeper sleep. Histamine doesn’t just promote wakefulness in general, it also has an impact on the biological “clock” that regulates our circadian rhythm (the internal 24 hour cycle that tells us when to sleep, wake up, eat, etc.).
Avoiding high-histamine foods– especially later in the day– might lead to a better night’s sleep for those with a histamine intolerance. Furthermore, as the act of digestion itself triggers the release of histamine, avoiding eating late in the evening can help.
Is Histamine Affecting Your Sleep

I hope OP sees this. You've got something there.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pthenaI have grandkids that have problems eating foods late...like supper at nine oclock at night. They tend to eat lots of histamine foods too. I ran my two daughters genetics, and most of my grandkids. I ran my son in laws genetics and my grand son in laws genetics too. I ran my wife's genetics, and my ex wife who is the mother of my oldest daughter and she has the kids I ran.

I have no histamine problems genetically, but even with that, since I don't have problems breaking them down, I push the limits of consumption of them and gain lots of energy...all my life I was a workaholic. Same with my brother. But I exceed the limits and it will effect my sleep. I like a lot of histamine foods so I tend to eat more.

My grandkids cannot break down histamines well and like histamine foods and foods that block the breakdown of it. All of them were sick a lot, overreactions of the immune system and of course their immune systems were depleted when they got exposed to viruses...all but one of my grandkids had this problem. She was the only one of all of them that would crave salads and low histamine foods and even though she has the genes, she is doing well. She was even a cheerleader and has no need for antihistamines because her diet is low in histamines. There is the same reduction in histiminase in all of them yet she has no problem. I guess alternate pathways of the DAO enzymes work fine, and since she has low tyramine consumption which the other pathway usually does, it can take up neutralizing some histamines because histamines belong to the tyramine classes....powerful amines...named for the powerful ancient city of history...Tyr.

That shows me that diet can also help out those who have epigenetic trates that disposes them to asthma and other allergies along with overreacting or underreacting to viruses and microbes. She does not get sick like the other kids because she eats differently....but she does eat histamine and tyramine foods in low moderation and she is fine.

I have always observed things, including people. I watched and learned, I was actually pretty quiet, and later became more of an extrovert, but always listened to others too...Beta male...I am sort of like Spock most times. I analyze almost everything. I even analyze the cost of most meals we make to keep my mind working every day

edit on 24-8-2023 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pthenaBy the way, I should tell you, there are histamine foods, foods that stimulate the release of histamines from stores, foods that inhibit the creation of histaminase which breaks down histamine, and foods that have similar histamine like properties even though they are not histamines.

There are also four or five types of histamines.

And they have designed meds to treat most of these conditions by altering enzymes or directly break down histamines. People most often do not need the meds if they adjust their diet...but people tend to want to eat what they want to eat so they will take the meds even though the meds disrupt the natural regulation of these histamines and can have side effects, sometimes severe or deadly side effects.

Oh well, I cannot even convince my daughter to stop letting the kids eat these foods they have learned to crave because they are addicted to them now. They turn healthy food into junk food, they crave junk food now except for the one granddaughter. I just did a thread on my oldest granddaughter who committed suicide. She had so many issues with histamine intolerance, she had to have inhalers but she craved high histamine foods....strangely, the last two months before she died, she was trying to straighten out her diet and making healthier foods. I guess working with people in the hospital ER had an effect on her finally desiring to eat like those people but she had other problems I discussed in my thread on this.

People with histamine intolerances often crave those foods because they give them happiness for a while but they suffer later on. All meds have side effects, heck some of them the side effect of trials became the desired treatment of another condition

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 01:02 AM
link   
In my college years I had crazy insomnia. Always wondered what was the problem then I found a tactic. I made the room freezing temperature almost and went under the blanket. You WILL be cold, and that is where the sweet spot is. You wouldn't want to walk around in the room without a blanket or something on you thick.

Second tactic was (i used this with the first one) making 2 toasts, little butter and cheese on it and ate it with orange juice.

I slept like a baby afterwards almost always.

There are other things should be considered for example your bed. Old beds can lose their comfort. If your bed's one side is by a wall, try to rearrange and put a gap in between so you can move freely on every side with your limbs. If you are married, try changing your default sleeping side to the other side. If you have any joint problems, the little pain is also a cause for waking up or falling asleep very difficultly.

Additional tip: Try audiobooks. It works great. Do not use headphones, just have your phone close to you and playing the audiobook. Even if you wake up you can continue listening to it for some seconds and you will continue sleeping. My go to choice was always Art Bell.

Hope you fix the issue my friend.
edit on 25-8-2023 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Melatonin should be taken 1-2 hours before going to sleep, usually it works in one hour. If that doesn´t help try breathing exercise 4-7-8 breathing exercise
If your mind is thinking all other things and that avoids you to fall in sleep, you need to stop that and one way to cut that thinking is saying in your mind a useless small word like "the or eon" or similar, it takes you away from issues your mind is busy with.

I am happy sleeper i usually fell in sleep in couple minutes without efforts.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Considering what you said, maybe it’s more exercise that you need.

Yeah I'm thinking maybe I need to get up and moving more during the day?
I walk four miles a day but maybe I need more of that?
I just get bored and tired of walking.

They make incredible edibles that focus on it these days. .

That'd make me nervous.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
damn i haven't seen that name in years...

7 year break

i have the same problem

Sucks doesn't it?

Beer helps

Yeah I don't want to be up all night pee'n

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join