It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you do to get to sleep and stay asleep ??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I haven't read all the replies so appologies if I repeat.

Do you feel well rested at 3 am? If so, maybe that schedule is best suited to you: Your body naturally saying that's adequate. What is right for me or others may not be right for you.

There are some that say the unnatural blue light of LED and electronics impact on sleep so maybe you could avoid them a few hours before bed.

Are you in a quiet location? E.g. no trucks starting out on their daily route at 3 am, or other noises that occur at that time?

Do you have blockout curtains? To stop any streetlights, moonlight etc. filtering through.

I'm gathering others have already asked if you are on meds, taking stimulants or stressed ...

Have you worked shiftwork? That can mess up the circadian rhythm. There are people that say camping (sleeping outside on the ground) can reset the body clock.

I suggest watching nature, since humans are so far removed from anything natural now and animals don't seem to have issues sleeping. The animals go to bed when the sun goes down. If you go to bed at sundown, rising at 3 am will allow plenty of rest. It may also reset your body clock.

Are you sleeping on a metal bed with springs in the mattress? Some say this can disrupt our body's electrical system (put things out of order). Same goes for having a digital clock and mobile phone next to the bed, electrical/magnetic disturbances.

If you've exhausted all options it's worthwhile considering there could be shifts in the Earth and atmosphere at this time, which could be occurring at 3 am and interferring with your sleep. Changes in the atmosphere can generate sound and different frequencies. You may not 'consciously' hear, feel or notice but it could be significant enough to wake you.

You ask what 'I' do. I think my circumstances are too different/restrictive for you to even want to consider. I've lived differently to most for a long time so many things come into play in that regard. Also, I am someone that doesn't need a lot of sleep. I can be happy with 6 hours but I know others won't get out of bed under 10. I think it is hard to compare yourself with others as there are too many variants. But, just my opinion.

Maybe find a really boring book (I could suggest some but I'll refrain haha). That puts me to sleep even in the day time 😉.

Wishing you all the best.
edit on 29-8-2023 by Seer13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2023 by Seer13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Try Yoga Nidra......plenty on youtube......no drugs necessary.
I woke early this morning around 6am. I did a 20 minute yoga nidra session and then woke up at 10 am.

The one I use is 'Yoga Nidra 20 minute Guided Meditation' by Lizzy Hill....it has nearly 11 million views.

edit on 29-8-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: putnam6
I'll look at all that. Thanks. I'm nervous about the herbals and all that. Don't know how I'll react to them etc.

I completely understand, I was skeptical too, it was how much herbals have helped my Meneires and tinnitus, and now I try herbals for other stuff.

It was somebody on ATS who recommended Black Seed Oil.

The main thing is it's not like a Tylenol you can't take and it makes it go away, you got to find the right mixture and dosage. Melatonin helped me sleep but I'd have such funky dreams had to cut them in half

Gabajoy should be available in Delaware, definitely, a broad-spectrum CBD is. Charlotte's Web is the brand we get and swear by.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I have been like you since 2020. Prior to that I could sleep all night and wake up to the alarm.

However, over the last several months I am now sleeping either the entire night or just up once to use the bathroom.

I began Yoga for my Sciatica this April. Its been under control for several months now. For sleep, the instructor said to lie on your back with legs straight up propped against your bed or a wall. Do it from 5 to 20 minutes. Just relax and let the toxins drain from your feet to your heart and glands. They are expelled by sweat.

What I also do is I pray to God if I awaken and cant fall to sleep again. For whatever reason it works as I did it last night and stayed in bed to 7:30am.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Check this guy out as he has many free videos on YouTube. I forgot which one I watched but it was about marriage which morphed into demonic [spiritual] attacks. One of those is the inability to sleep.

I am not trying to push religion on you but who knows.

Pastor Vlad

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   
** Bumped for fresh ideas **

Slept last night from 8:30 pm to midnight.
I gave up on sleep and got out of bed about 1:30 am.
I've been up since then.
Got on ATS for a while. Then watched SouthPark on TV.
I've got finances on my mind. So some anxiety I suppose.

Any fresh ideas ... feel free to give them.
(but keep them polite)

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   
My Brother has suffered bouts of isomnia for many years. I've seen him go without sleep for 3 or 4 days. He's also tried all the recommended 'cures'.

The best he's found that works for him is not to eat or drink tea/coffee at least 3 hours before bed, and make sure the room is very dark. He gets into bed at about 10ish and is up at about 5ish and is happy at.
I'll check and see if he did anything special to get into that routine.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
He gets into bed at about 10ish and is up at about 5ish and is happy at. .

I go to bed at 8:30 pm and get up 4:00 am or 4:30 am.
My body clock has always been that way.

I don't sleep that whole time.
Sleep depends on the night.
Sometimes okay. Lots of times not.

edit on 4/18/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet but your liver is detoxing between 3-4AM on average. I'd look into having your liver checked.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join