It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crap! I've been set up on a blind date!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Anytime someone mentions "Blind Date" it reminds me of this old commercial.

Sorry, I couldnt help myself.

Wishing you luck & a nice evening Tdawg

edit on 11-2-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Congratulations Tdawg...your friends think you are worthy of hooking you up with another member of the lonely hearts club. I hope this is a good thing, I don't know your friends and if they are pranksters, or not. Hopefully, your potential match makers, have good intentions.

Now, for a subject that is delicate, from a woman's point of view. One that is not often brought up except to other lady friends in detailing their blind date. Always in a voice of derision and "OMG you wouldn't believe it".

Nose and ear hair. Yep, that's what I said We hate those stray hairs you may not even be aware of. They are glaring to us.

In grooming for your coming date...snip snip snip those pesky little eye catching uglies. Just a little tip from Mama Des....

Des

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Destinyone

Nose and ear hair. Yep, that's what I said We hate those stray hairs you may not even be aware of. They are glaring to us.

In grooming for your coming date...snip snip snip those pesky little eye catching uglies. Just a little tip from Mama Des....

Des

Oh crap! I just spit out my lifewater!

Thanks Des ~ I may need a new keyboard after that comment.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Even more great advice and a few more chuckles.

Thanks guys!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Have a mental list handy of conversational topics and lots of them. You want to keep the conversation going so things don't get awkward.

If she doesn't take the bait on one topic or seem interested, keep throwing different subjects out there until you find one that really gets her into the conversation. Never hog the conversation though. Make it about her.

List of topics you could try.
Ask what she does for a living and to tell you a little bit about it.
Music
t.v. and movies
food
get her opinion on the location of your date
find out her hobbies
has she traveled
You can gently approach the subject of conspiracies but first asking if she follows the news or not. if she says something along the lines of, "I don't like to get wrapped up in it, it gets depressing" you may want to drop the subject. But if she says that she pay's very close attention to the news, you can slowly and carefully gauge whether she is the ATS'y type or if she would be put of by the fact that you are.

Any one else have more suggestions on conversation starters?

Also, dress nice but appropriately for the venue.

I had a blind date wear a top hat to Starbucks. Looked like he was dressed for a wedding.
edit on 11-2-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Tdawgrex, you're going to be fine. You're smart and capable of an intelligent discussion. Both can go a long way. Just breathe, keep your expectations low to stave off nerves, and be yourself.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It's like falling off a bike.....some bikes are more attractive than other bikes & makes the fall easier. Don't worry, I know how you feel. I put several years in alone before I dated after my first marriage. I was as nervous as a whore in church, it passed. Have fun and be safe.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Lmao!

Something within that post tells me you are not a noob to the blind date process at all.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Why go on a date with someone you have never seen?

What if you don't fancy her when you meet...will you just walk away?

If you do go through with it (I wouldn't) make sure you set the alarm on your cell phone.

When it goes off 'answer' it as though someone just phoned you.

It will make you seem popular, or - if it's not going well - it's your get out of jail free card.

"Sorry, I have to go - emergency."

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

CJCrawley
Why go on a date with someone you have never seen?

I don't know. It could be fun? Or maybe even terrifying. But nonetheless, it'll be interesting and if I survive the experiance, I'll have another story to tell.

What if you don't fancy her when you meet...will you just walk away?
It goes both ways see how there are two people involved. She may walk out on me.

If you do go through with it (I wouldn't) make sure you set the alarm on your cell phone.

I can't do that. I'm just one of those guys who has to see it through to the bitter end. But if she is constantly texting, I will end it early and save us both the trouble.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Just dropping by to give my 2 cents of good luck.

Seems like a right cause

So good luck and I hope it works out for you.

TheGreazel

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Try to relax and be yourself.

Don't talk about your exes though.
Best of luck

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Haha.
Blind date. It's like the Voice show.
I got stuck with a psychopath blind date. He liked me way too much and I didn't fancy him at all. It's really awkward. I mentioned him in another thread if anyone recalls the cop with the two inch penis.

Inevitably one will be more interested. Usually the most desperate, uglier one.
edit on 11-2-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Bushy eyebrows are a turn off .
They look like a couple of caterpillars

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Make sure, if you have histamine allergies, to take a tweezer-and-toiletpaper to your nostrils beforehand. Because in my case, a long time ago, I was standing over this one guy sitting in his swivel chair, and I was unaware til I went later to the bathroom mirror, that I had feather boogers all visible. He was probably glad he wore glasses, (those big '80's coke bottle ones that geeks liked) in case the suckers launched out toward his eyes. As I would breath out, I guess. See, he was sitting there looking right up into my passageways. This is horrifying to me, because I was madly in crush with him. But it was unrequited, anyway.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

violet
reply to post by Destinyone

Bushy eyebrows are a turn off .
They look like a couple of caterpillars

Hahahahahaha! That cracked me up!!!!!!

Another thing you can ask your date is if she has any pets. Most people do and have some great stories to tell about them.
edit on 12-2-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I went on a blind date 21 years ago. We married 4 months later and just celebrated our 20th anniversary.
edit on 2/12/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

How long is a yeat ?

Cody

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Yeats typically only occur when you are typing on a cell phone in line at the bank.

At least i didn't replace it the "y" with a "t".

BOOM, still within the edit window!

edit on 2/12/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I like blind dates tbh, you can really appreciate a person for them selves without growing your own preconceptions from snippets of encounters with them.

Be honest, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain if you 'click'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join