It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama vows to pursue gun control ‘with or without Congress’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

game over man
reply to post by macman

16k homicides....11k homicides with guns. 2010

www.cdc.gov...

Nearly all homicides are used with guns? So what is your point again?

I think his point is that, about two decades ago, that number for total homicides was around 25,000, yet in spite of surging firearm sales in the time period since, total homicides and the homicide rate have actually dropped sharply. There are a variety of reasons for that, but the fact remains, there are far more firearms in public hands now than 20 years ago, but far fewer homicides are occurring.

edit on 29-1-2014 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

The US will become more violent, more unhealthy, more poor, more uneducated, and more trapped... You think the biggest contribution to fix society is guns?

That sounds like 'elitist speak' and wishful thinking rather than a perspective based in fact.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I wish he'd say "it's time to stop stuffing our teenagers full of SSRI's and address the real problem.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

game over man

Ha enjoy your thread...

Don't let the door hit you in the butt as you leave.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Don't let the door hit you in the butt as you leave.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts. Gun grabbers don’t like to be bothered with facts. They usually take their toys and leave as soon as they’re faced with the overwhelming facts that destroy their premise.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Thank you very much ....

I was hoping he would come up with some facts to back up his opinion but as usual it was just another Liberal Fail. I love debating gun rights.

Free people own guns; slaves do not.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

seabag

The US will become more violent, more unhealthy, more poor, more uneducated, and more trapped... You think the biggest contribution to fix society is guns?

That sounds like 'elitist speak' and wishful thinking rather than a perspective based in fact.

Not going to get anywhere in this friendly thread discussing our safe America.

Test scores are down

Income down

Livelihood expenses up

Obesity on the rise

Transportation costs on the rise

Increase security

Answer: more guns into American Society

edit on Wed Jan 29 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

game over man
I'm not going to waste my time providing news from all over the world and their vigilante violence. Nor am I going to share facts about the direction our overall US society and culture is going.

I'm thinking that you are bowing out because you cannot provide facts or any other proof, other than your opinion.

Try doing a little research, instead of living life, and forcing others, as to how you feel it should be lived.

We do have a Constitution after all. And even though our current administration feels that it is a hinderance, there are those of us that do abide by it.

(post by game over man removed for a manners violation)
(post by game over man removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Bottom line is you're all so naive about gun sales. If I was in the industry I would be preaching the same exact baloney sales pitch too that everyone in this thread is posting.

That is why you're all super blind to the discussion. These threads on ATS mirror Facebook threads rather than conspiracy threads.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Test scores are down

Income down

Livelihood expenses up

Obesity on the rise

Increase security

You're saying we need gun control because Americans are poorer, fatter, cars cost more and the DHS has saved us?

Okaay...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

game over man

Especially on topics that go nowhere!!!

If you believe that, then why are you here wasting everyone's time, including your own, especially if you are unwilling, or more likely, unable to back your assertions with outside sources?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Test scores are down

Income down

Livelihood expenses up

Obesity on the rise

Increase security

Please tell me how gun control (taking my guns) will have a positive effect on American’s:

Income?

Livelihood expenses up?

Obesity on the rise?

Transportation costs on the rise?

Increase security?

Everyone in our government, including the POTUS, is surrounded by guns. It doesn’t look like they have an obesity epidemic or income deficiency in DC.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

game over man
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I'm not going to link up anything, and I wrote that!!! I'm not a liberal either moron. Your survival tactics of a bag full of weapons is idiotic.

Said the uninformed person to the informed.

For the record weapons do next to nothing to help one survive. Avoiding conflicts and being aware of your surroundings does that. Not to mention actually having survival skills. Such as finding safe drinking water and shelter along with food. None of those actually requires the use of a gun, but I digress.

I am shocked you resorted to name calling... that is a liberal tactic.

Failure again.

Thanks for posting

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You are right about some of the issues, with all the problems we face, why in the hell would the governments main agenda be "to ban guns"? Shouldn't the government be more focused on the bigger problems at hand such as, the abuse of Monsanto, misuse of Pharmaceutical companies, Healthcare issue's and "working on a plan to get the economy back on track"?

So tell me again, why law abiding citizen gun owners are one of our main problems?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

game over man
reply to post by TDawgRex

There is overwhelming amount of news about violence all over the world fool. I'm not some drug addict out of work in a tin foil hat at moms basement rotting my life away playing True Lies out of work copying and pasting links on message boards.

Especially on topics that go nowhere!!!

Well....Duh! Violence all over the world? Tell me it's not so!

But if the USG banned weapons to private citizens, you are saying that said violence would go down? History has taught us otherwise. I'd rather not go down that road.

Remember, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

game over man

Test scores are down

Income down

Livelihood expenses up

Obesity on the rise

Increase security

Really?????

That is all you got.

A weak attempt at deflecting.

You forgot "It's for the children".

Did you run out of anecdotes from every Anti-Gun Rights group?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Blind again...your biggest insult to the world is "taking my guns"

Face palm.....

The most serious issue of all issues in the world, are gun owners in America earning more gun rights? Or losing gun ownership privlidges?

Give me a break!!! That is pathetic!

Talk about a 1 track mind. From both sides. This debates gets so much attention and its mind boggling the participants haven't got wind yet of themselves behind a complete broken record.

It's extremely upsetting every gun debate is about ownership and no unbiased opinion of a bigger picture of the firearm industry. Sad folks that's sad.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RunForTheHills

Exactly star for you! You get it. Thanks for not slinging gun show point of sales data in my face.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join