It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama vows to pursue gun control ‘with or without Congress’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
If Obama really wanted to do something to stop mass killings, he could require law abiding people be armed. I don't really want to carry a gun with me wherever I go and don't make enough money to afford to pay security or secret service wherever I go like Obama does. Since not all law abiding people are going to want to be armed all the time, he could promote trained volunteers with concealed weapons permits. Retrictions could be removed by executive decree or whatever they call the kings orders, to allow these volunteers to be armed everywhere even if a business, movie theatre, or school has signs up saying no guns allowed. If enough trained volunteers were armed, mass killings would be a thing of the past.
However Obama doesn't use common sense. That explains his steadily increasing disapproval numbers.

As far as when he says he wants to eliminate tax loopholes, I think he's saying he wants to eliminate tax breaks and increase taxes. Apparently he wants to do everything by the decree of the king thinking he is king. A few will disagree. It would be nice if most disagreed.
edit on 29/1/14 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
It's not just stupid Americans that can't see through his lies, we even have Europeans coming in here telling us Americans are gun crazy! Do any of them know any history?! We exist as a country because we had guns and men willing to use them to liberate us from royal tyranny. Now that same tyranny in a different form is trying to encompass our every aspect of life yet again AND AGAIN trying to disarm us. History repeats itself ppl....that is a fact that I have reluctantly learned to live by. How many times are you going to get burnt before you realize that's just the nature of fire? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Bassago
“I have seen the courage of parents, students, pastors, and police officers all over this country who say ‘we are not afraid,’” he said, “and I intend to keep trying, with or without Congress

I love the quoted part...They aren't afraid? Than why are they trying to change gun laws to become more strict?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Has anyone done a point break down on his speech yet? What I've seen from the few "highlights" of the speech it looks like he didn't have anything good to say.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NiZZiM

I can forgive the Euros. They generally don't know any better. They look at the overall statistics, compare them to their own, and assume that gun violence is a uniform problem everywhere in the United States when in reality, its largely confined to the inner cities and the 'other' 85% of the geographic landmass of the country is about as safe as they are. Their news media doesn't exactly paint a fair portrayal, either, nor do American movies.

The American left? Well, when its a known fact that by far the biggest 'gun violence' problem involves inner city gangs using handguns, does it make one damn bit of sense to focus all your efforts on preventing Jim Bob out in rural Kansas who has never and will never commit a crime from buying an AR-15? Not to anyone with an IQ above room temperature, it doesn't. But that's their entire focus, and they wonder why the law-abiding gun owners don't trust their motives whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
In college I was pretty excited about politics and active in groups and all that crap. I took joy in reading books written by them and books about them and attending speeches and all that crap.

Now I cringe whenever one opens their mouth. The only way I would attend a speech by one was if I was piloting a tank toward the stage.

Of all of them there are maybe two or three who actively and consistently work toward increasing liberty. The rest are all actively and consistently working to decrease my liberty.

I thought the system was great and these people honestly cared. Now every speech is just one teleprompter cycle closer to Kristallnacht.

I dont see representatives or senators. I only see enemies who hate me and the worst of it all is I can't figure out what it is I did to make them hate me so much.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Is you president even allowed to do that? Enact rules and laws without congress?

In UK our prime minster cant do that so im shocked if the USA you can? As that basically gives the president the power of a dictator?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

No, generally speaking, he can't do that. He can issue executive orders as a means of enforcing existing law, but technically, he's not supposed to be able write new laws, which is the domain of the legislative branch.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I wonder what the supreme court will say.

Also wonder what states like texas will say. Or what people in alaska will say when they are told they are bear bait and can not hunt of food to survive on.

I already know what gun owners will say.

I lost my guns in a boating mishap.
edit on 29-1-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

"America does not stand still, and neither will I. (Applause.) So wherever and whenever I can take steps without legislation to expand opportunity for more American families, that's what I'm going to do. (Cheers, applause.)"

STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS: FULL TRANSCRIPT

I posted this in the "State of The Union Address" thread a little earlier. He came out and said that basically he doesn't need to follow the law. Again. You have unveiled what I had missed in relation to my own discovery of his words. Thank you. And again, good luck to anyone in the USA in 2014!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

pyramid head
reply to post by Bassago

I knew he was going to say it, but I still didn't believe it when I heard it. The whole address was more vile than I could have imagined. He basically said he is going to do what he wants, congress be damned, and they stood and clapped.........
THEY ALL STOOD AND CLAPPED.
I really hope I am over-reacting, but history does not bode well for us as a nation. It is so nauseating to see the monsters lie and clap and applaud each other for an entire hour. Then they trotted out the TEN tour vet, had to turn it off, treason...treason.

Not to sound too incredibly dorky or anything but... remember Star Wars Ep. III? Palpatine gave this big speech in front of the Senate, declaring that "for the safety of the galaxy" he had to this and that, blah blah. Then the entire Senate gave him a standing ovation, with Padme remarking, "so this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause." Life imitating art. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to hear Mr. Obama say that he was a Sith Lord. Things are getting that kooky, not to mention scary.
edit on 29-1-2014 by JackSparrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

ANNED
I wonder what the supreme court will say.

Also wonder what states like texas will say. Or what people in alaska will say when they are told they are bear bait and can not hunt of food to survive on.

I already know what gun owners will say.

I lost my guns in a boating mishap.
edit on 29-1-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

Guns? I have no knowledge about any guns on my property. Surely the friendly neighborhood STASI has the wrong house? I'm just a good, vegetative popstar addled minion with no free will or ability to think for myself.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Long, long time ago, in a far away land and in a none so distance past, we had another leader that preached wealth for all with offering jobs to the unemployed and printing money to pay for wages that would be spend in the country busting the economy, and increasing his own personal faithful forcers, while discriminating and persecuting a certain group of people, he eliminated his opposition by bypassing and reshaping his nations laws to eliminate his own national assembly.

He was charismatic, a decorated soldier and people love him.

His name was Hitler.

History tends to repeat itself

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I think there is a big big difference between historic reference to Hitler and Obama.

Hitler actually got things done and the trains ran on time for a few years, before people saw the evil beneath the facade.

Obama can't even get a train to run, let alone on time and his record of success is shorter than excuses I have to avoid his Obamacare decrees. (I can't wait for more about Obamatirement)

Obama is reminding me more of some of the final Emperors within the Roman Empire before it took it's last plunge into the crapper and faded into history.
edit on 29-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

amfirst1
reply to post by neo96

Soooo true.. Wake up liberals!!! I don't care if u enslave yourselves, but don't drag the rest of us down with u!
That liberal and conservative crap is just another way to perpetrate our ''differences'' and divide the AMERICAN people. Your so-called ''conservative'' politicians have NO love for YOU or any of us, just like the so-called ''liberals'' don't either. With all due respect, get a clue.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I know what you mean, but something dark is heading our way, with the prophetic words of Obama using his executive power to by pass congress in full gear.

We do have a very strong constitution and due process, let see how lame or strong our own check and balances has become thanks to the heavily money influences by lobbyist politicians in congress.

Obama knows that he is no longer to hold power in congress when the senate and house will become dominated by the opposition.

You are right Hitler was a leader, Obama is a wannabe, but sometimes we most wonder.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I agree with 'Something wicked this way cometh'...I just don't think we're looking at the wicked thing yet.

Bush made the foundation and he made a strong and fast foundation of concrete and steel. Obama made a house..and a fine house it's been. Made of brick and reinforced throughout.

Now who is coming to live in that house, these last two have made? That is what is starting to concern me. Not who we see...but who we haven't seen yet.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Just a narcissistic Tyrant doing what a narcissistic Tyrant does.

No one should be surprised.

He and his admin believe Mexican Gangs and Drug Lords should have better access to firearms then the US citizen.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Shall not infringe comes to mind.

And no, he did not come out and say he is taking away our 2nd Amendment Rights this second. He is just slowly doing it, step by step.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

They should've played sounds of war in the background as he spoke about gun violence. Sounds of jets, tanks,machine gun fire and bombs with screaming men, woman and children.

Hypocrite.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join