It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama vows to pursue gun control ‘with or without Congress’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Fresh from Obama's SOTU address. Look out America, he's coming for the guns "with or without" congress.

Obama vows to pursue gun control ‘with or without Congress’

In his State of the Union address President Obama vowed on Tuesday night to pursue gun control “with or without Congress.”

“Citizenship means standing up for the lives that gun violence steals from us each day.”

“I have seen the courage of parents, students, pastors, and police officers all over this country who say ‘we are not afraid,’” he said, “and I intend to keep trying, with or without Congress, to help stop more tragedies from visiting innocent Americans in our movie theaters, shopping malls, or schools like Sandy Hook.”

This is for the folks who had the fortune to miss the speech / propaganda. Just a head's up.
edit on 220pm4141pm102014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Click Click Click....

I hear the pen.

+35 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Well this pretty much fits this thread.

And it was covered in the SOTU.
edit on 28-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I watched the whole speech and I never once heard him say he was going to take your guns away.

Maybe this is a propaganda thread too?

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What a modern day hero Mr. Obama is. Protecting us from ourselves like that... but who will protect the people from him in the end?

Fox guarding the hen house anyone??

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

muse7
I watched the whole speech and I never once heard him say he was going to take your guns away.

Miss the usage of 'gun violence' ?

I had no idear guns were getting up all on their lonesome going around hurting people.

They must be stopped!

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

muse7

And maybe you just read the title and skipped right over his quotes.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

No, no, no ... you got him all wrong. He didn't say he wanted to pursue gun control. He said he want to help prevent these tragedies. Obviously, what he intends to do is relax gun restrictions. Then there would be more armed citizens available to help stop these lunatics. I mean, who would try to shoot up a shopping mall where half the people are armed? Have you ever heard of somebody going on a shooting spree at a police station (aside from the Terminator)?

The President has finally seen the light. He realizes that what is best for America is for the leadership to follow the Constitution. He finally understands the meaning of the phrase, "... shall not be infringed."

Yeah, that's the ticket.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Bassago

muse7

Quote where he says that he's going to take guns away?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

muse7

Bassago

muse7

Quote where he says that he's going to take guns away?

Why by Executive Order he did close the so called 'corporate loophole' that was not nor has it ever been used in a 'mass shooting'.

So what does that say ?

www.washingtonpost.com...

He clearly already has.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Isn't this coming from the guy who bragged "I'm really good at killing people"?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

BABYBULL24
Isn't this coming from the guy who bragged "I'm really good at killing people"?

Yeah but he needs to get our guns first. Otherwise it'll be messier than planned.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Without Congressional approval.

Since when has Congress represented the American people? How many members of Congress are not lobbyists?

Yet again, ATS collectively spools in ignorance with yet another Obama slam thread. Folks, the current problem with our government goes far beyond a hate figure. You hated Bush. You hated Obama. You'll hate the new President.

To think for a moment that we as a species can get past this stage where we sit like stagnant worms while eagles soar overhead.

Maybe that's asking for too much. Instead, let's all continue with the rampant circle-jerk of "Who can rip Barry next!" rather than focusing and discussing solutions.

But hey man, you're one-liners garnish all the stars and flags.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Forgot to watch the SOTU speech. Did Obama say when he is going to take our guns, put us in FEMA camps and hand over the military to the UN?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

rupertg
Forgot to watch the SOTU speech. Did Obama say when he is going to take our guns, put us in FEMA camps and hand over the military to the UN?

He said he'd be in your neighborhood next week.

Just kidding, he's got to sign a few EO's first.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I knew he was going to say it, but I still didn't believe it when I heard it. The whole address was more vile than I could have imagined. He basically said he is going to do what he wants, congress be damned, and they stood and clapped.........
THEY ALL STOOD AND CLAPPED.
I really hope I am over-reacting, but history does not bode well for us as a nation. It is so nauseating to see the monsters lie and clap and applaud each other for an entire hour. Then they trotted out the TEN tour vet, had to turn it off, treason...treason.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Bassago

rupertg

He said he'd be in your neighborhood next week.

Just kidding, he's got to sign a few EO's first.

People keep waiting for him to say THE EXACT words.... The elderly do that too. That's why they call "those places" names like Spring Meadows, Peaceful Pines, Restful Ranch, Homespun Hills, etc. etc. etc. That sounds much better.

yeah....

So everybody should just keep waiting to hear the truth the way they want to hear it instead of how it is actually being said. We can all have a real big laugh about it afterwards.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

pyramid head
reply to post by Bassago

I knew he was going to say it, but I still didn't believe it when I heard it. The whole address was more vile than I could have imagined. He basically said he is going to do what he wants, congress be damned, and they stood and clapped.........

Were you watching the State of the Union or The Revenge of the Sith?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Soooo true.. Wake up liberals!!! I don't care if u enslave yourselves, but don't drag the rest of us down with u!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

VictorVonDoom

pyramid head
reply to post by Bassago

Were you watching the State of the Union or The Revenge of the Sith?

I would have been less worried if he was a sith lord. I would welcome a sith lord. This psychopath speaks like everyone is a *expletive* idiot and no one knows anything. Maybe hes right.

Its like watching a really bad comedy where everything they say is the opposite.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join