It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

No, you're defending immoral principles.

No I'm not

You're just trying to portray it as such

Very fair. My view is that if we cared half as much as much about the earth and each other as we do about God and the afterlife, half our problems would vanish in a second. So honestly, I think God is doing us about as much good as burying yourself in a video game while the house burns down around you.

That's my view.

Fair enough

I can respect that without a problem but apparently others have issues with mine based on their own perceptions.

PEACE

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I edited my post while you were replying. Go ahead and have a look if you want.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It's not needed actually

You see, there are many who are of the stance that if someone disagrees with their views then they are wrong. I refuse to hold to that view.

I'm not here to push my views on others. I'll state what I believe and then listen to others. Sometimes debate a point or two and then enjoy the ongoing discussion/debate.

I appreciate you posting your views, opinions and point of view. My faith is not open to debate.

Criticism of it is another case apparently.
edit on 22-1-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

SLAYER69

It's not needed actually

You see there are many who are of the stance that if some disagree with their views they are wrong. I refuse to hold to that view.

I'm not here to push my view on others. I'll state what I believe and then listen to others. Sometimes debate a point or two and then enjoy the discussion/debate.

I appreciate you posting your views, opinions and point of view. My faith is not open to debate.

Criticism of it is another case apparently.

Your faith is not open to debate. That's how ignorance spawns. And no, that's not me being critical. That's me making a very valid observation. Science does not work by keeping it debate-free. Facts are not established by making assumptions and coddling them from the critical-thinking analysts of the world. Facts are made by proving they cannot be broken.

And if your faith isn't open to debate, that's because your faith is built on something very breakable.
edit on 22-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Because of the title of this thread you may argue for or against any interpretation of God. But before you argue against me, remember what I mean by saying "there is no God."

I have isolated a single aspect of God, the interpretation that God is an omnipotent and omniscient being and am stating that all beings are limited. Thus that aspect of God is disproved.

Other aspects may or may not exist and you may argue for or against any one of them. However, I'd prefer to read logical and well-supported arguments.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Is your faith open to debate as well?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Your faith is not open to debate. That's how ignorance spawns.

Yes, and you sound so enlightened...

-Namaste-

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have to say that Slayer made a good argument with free will and Poloblack made a good argument with fate.

link   
"All the Buddhas and all sentient beings are nothing but the One Mind, beside which nothing exists." -Huang Po

That which we call God is known by many names, such as the 'One Mind'. It knows what everyone knows, because we are IT. Tat Tvam Asi.

Outside of that collective Over-Mind, that objective psyche, 'nothing exists' so there's nothing to know.

That is the manner in which God is omnipotent.

link   
Free Will is used by those who need a reason to justify "Judgement and/or Punishment". Because without Free Will Nobody could be Judged since their actions would not have been their own. Try watching this little video for a more elaborate explanation.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

SLAYER69

AfterInfinity

Your faith is not open to debate. That's how ignorance spawns.

Yes, and you sound so enlightened...

-Namaste-

I edited again. Check 'er out. And this is not about me, it's about confirmation bias and analytical approaches.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

twsnhr013
Because of the title of this thread you may argue for or against any interpretation of God. But before you argue against me, remember what I mean by saying "there is no God."

I have isolated a single aspect of God, the interpretation that God is an omnipotent and omniscient being and am stating that all beings are limited. Thus that aspect of God is disproved.

Other aspects may or may not exist and you may argue for or against any one of them. However, I'd prefer to read logical and well-supported arguments.

While I believe that the omnipotence and omniscience of the Creator are open to debate your claim that you have proven that the Creator is neither is not fact- your opinion in this instance is proof of nothing, but if you have something else to add I will consider your proof.

edit on 1/22/14 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Very fair. My view is that if we cared half as much as much about the earth and each other as we do about God and the afterlife, half our problems would vanish in a second. So honestly, I think God is doing us about as much good as burying yourself in a video game while the house burns down around you.

That's my view.

I like this. We should care more about our fellow humans and less about God and the afterlife.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
I edited again. Check 'er out. And this is not about me, it's about confirmation bias and analytical approaches.

I know you did.

You have a habit of editing after others have already replied.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The reality is that God may be everything.
God becomes an “entity” or personality only when we deal with the personality of ourselves, where he is a corporal being who can intervene in the world of suffering and stop it within the reality of time and place. This is likely impossible, that’s why it doesn’t happen. That should tell us something that as the 12th century Sufi mystic Ibn Arabi taught that essentially God is everything because anything and everything has to be a part of God or it wouldn’t exist.

The premise of the op is from a Buddhist perspective, I have heard often and it makes sense. But the thing about Buddhas disbelief in a God was that he likely didn’t believe in a God the way humans had shaped in their imaginations: something that is observable and immanent in corporal mundane reality.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Proof? It's proof we're after now? Sweet! In that case, I'd like to have all the official documentation for the locating, processing, analyzing, identifying, and verifying of this God person made public. All of the peer-reviewed experimental records and board transcripts. I want ALL of it made public. Otherwise, there's no point discussing PROOF.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

littled16
reply to post by twsnhr013

A parent with many children cannot be everywhere at once to protect their kids from every hurt in life, that's just a fact. Heck, sometimes parents can't even keep constant track of just a couple of kids! Now imagine that you are the Creator and have billions of children.... do you honestly think you could be there to intervene before they are hurt every single time? Even if you could would you deprive your children of every lesson they need to learn to fulfill their purpose? Sometimes pain, whether physical or emotional, teaches us the biggest and best lessons of our lives.

Thus God is limited. Not omnipresent, and unable to act in many situations.

Not that the being worshiped as God is the same being as the Creator.
edit on 22-1-2014 by twsnhr013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

SLAYER69

AfterInfinity

I know you did.

You have a habit of editing after others have already replied.

Again, this isn't about me. Are you going to answer the additional material or not? I grow weary of reminding you what the topic is.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

No, it's an apt word.

You're pretending to know answers no person alive could ever possibly answer.

It's 100% retarded.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Beavers

No, it's an apt word.

You're pretending to know answers no person alive could ever possibly answer.

It's 100% retarded.

Science tells us that the current understanding of "God" is 100% retarded, by your use of that word. Start asking legitimate questions and all you get is fumbled excuses or blank stares. Take a step past that and they start getting flustered and borderline violent. Trust me, I speak from experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join