It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We Had Proof Of Life After Death, Would People Change?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I thought there was already prof of life after death. In what context is the true mystery. I know things I have been taught and things that are apparently are in my DNA came from the first Humans/whatever you want to add here. So did my ansestors ever really die?

Actions taken by our Ancestors have shaped the world we live in now. I wonder sometimes what they were thinking, but I cant disregard the fact there actions live on until no one is around to observe this existence. Have they not lived well beyond there death no matter how epic or moot these actions were.

Our bodys are carbon and water essentially. Once our physical bodies degrade do we not continue to exist in one form or another?

Life after death is a real thing I dont think we should waste time thinking what that life is, but instead we should think how the short time in our bodies can be used for good. And for those that think good and evil is relative, I say think again. Please Think hard on that subject. I have, and although cant say I am pure being of Goodness, I try, and dont hide behind reckless philosophy to excuse my actions on this earth.

edit on Fri20142014-01-10T04:17:19-06:00th2014-01-10T04:17:19-06:00000000Fri, 10 Jan 2014 04:17:19 -0600Friday20142014-01-10T04:17:19-06:00 by DocScurlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Before the concept of 'after' life can be examined one must first find out what 'present' life is.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Wow.
Thank you all.
I Wish I could have been on last night, to respond to more of you. You all bring up very interesting points.

Many of you stated that people would go to more extremes, but I have a question about that. While people may no longer fear death, wouldn't people still fear pain? Even with more attempted suicides, would people still fear failing in the attempt, and the pain and suffering that may bring?

I will admit, that while I have been pondering this for a while now, since I was young I have always felt there was something after this life. And the more suicides doesn't fit. Maybe attempts, yes, but not necessarily successful. I do believe we have something to learn or teach before we leave. I also believe sometimes it really is your time, or it really isn't.

Honestly, I don't have all the details worked out for me yet, hence all the questioning and pondering.

Again, thank you all for answering. And giving me so much more to consider.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Yes, these people came forward, Yes you survive your death, but they don't speak of what it is like "over there".

S/F, chiefsmom!!

Some people actually have spoken of "what it is like". Did you see my earlier thread about Mellen Thomas Benedick's NDE?

Also, Fredrick W H Myers discusses in detail 'what is it like' - especially in Carter's third book, there's a fairly thorough treatise on his message. He discusses seven levels.

The one thing I have trouble with in his 'explanation' is the idea of progressive "life forms" through the reincarnation process - that we start as microbes, advance to, say, a blade of grass once enough 'microbes' have reached the next level; that even cats, dogs, horses can cumulatively return as "humans."

My earlier thoughts on it, which has been suggested by other people who 'see past the veil', is - once human, always human (until we graduate from Earth altogether - at which point we become something 'else'). It makes the notion of collective consciousness pretty salient...

There are various 'takes' on reincarnation in the world's traditions: some indicate return as a lower form of life is possible, others say that the human doesn't 'regress', but will be born with a disability or disadvantaged life based on how they lived their last one.

I really don't know. I'm just glad science is taking it more seriously (or at least are not flat-out mocking it so much anymore).

Let me know if you get and read the books - there's SO MUCH to talk about!!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
We have 100% undeniable proof that smoking is bad for you...people still smoke.

We have 100% proof that if you commit murder (in some states in the USA) that you will put on death row and eventually 'extinguished'...people still kill.

We have 100% proof that your chances of surviving a road traffic accident are increased if you wear a seatbelt...people still don't buckle up.

Would people 'change' if proof of God or an afterlife existed? Not sure...I think some would, some wouldn't.

Gnobody

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

No, missed the thread but I will go check it out. Glad you found this one.
Actually started the first book today, and will probably be U2U'ing you and driving you crazy! LOL

I've had the same thoughts, regarding the "starting as a microbe". That theory has just never felt "right" to me.
Just trying to keep an open mind though, and really looking forward to as much info as I can find on this.

Again, just wanted to say thanks, for the jumping point!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Yeah i think life would be meaningless to many it would be a quick way out

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Personally if something would happen I guess it would be the deceased revealing themselves to the living through dreams and visions. These dreams and visions could be verified and even messages could be relayed. Such as I would tell my deceased grandmother something and she would tell it to some other spirit who would tell it to his or her 'living' contact and this would be verified independently en reproduced.

A lot would change forever, people would understand they might have to deal with eachother later in the afterlife while so many have the YOLO attitude. They might also look to the future and understand they need their children to remain busy in the afterlife, sort of cheering them on or advising them. Also it might be 'the afterlife' is something shared by life on other planets and spirits could become messengers to the living, relaying information about technology. Diseases of the mind would be viewed different, religion would significantly change, criminal acts would be less (since a murderer could be exposed by a spirit) a lot of changes.
edit on 10-1-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Personally if something would happen I guess it would be the deceased revealing themselves to the living through dreams and visions.
reply to post by spiritspeak

To be honest, I believe that that does happen, to an extent. And not just in dreams. I believe they can also send "signs" to let you know they are ok. Sometimes you just have to be paying attention at the right time.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

And not just in dreams. I believe they can also send "signs" to let you know they are ok. Sometimes you just have to be paying attention at the right time.

My dad died on 2 Aug 2010. It was the first time I had endured the death of a dearly loved close family member.

I was overawed by the emotional tsunami that began that day....
on the night of his death, I had stayed with my mom (everyone else having 'gone home') and the next morning she gave me Dad's watch - a Bulova Accutron. This watch had been on my dad's wrist for much of my life. Mom had given it to him as an anniversary present at some point. It has sentimental value to me, because it was looking at that watch that had taught me how to 'tell the time' by looking at other people's watches.

Well, it had eventually quit working, and Dad hadn't been able to find a fix. Quite prior to a Father's Day before his death, I had 'spirited' that watch away (with Mom's help), and found a jeweler who had an appropriate fix, and presented it to him on Father's Day....

some several months later, it stopped working AGAIN.

As Dad was failing, I asked him several times to please let me know where he was if I didn't see him again before he went somewhere else.
He said he would.

My last communication to him was a card that read (taken from the song, yes):
If you get there before I do,
don't give up on me,
I'll see you when my chores are through,
I don't know how long I'll be,
but I'm not gonna let you down,
Daddy, wait and see.
And between now and then,
til I see you again,
I'll be loving you.
Love, me.

I had given the card to my brother and mom after my last visit to Dad as he lay on their bed; he had asked me to bring the National Parks coffee-table book to him. Together, we looked at the pics....
He became tired and fell asleep. That's when I decided to go home, and asked my bro & mom to make sure he heard the message (Mom didn't want me to cry in front of him, and I knew I would if I tried to read it aloud).

He died shortly after that, while my brother and I were driving back to their house.

When my mom gave me the watch, the morning after he died, I put it on my wrist, and noted the time. On the second day after he died, I was grieving, sitting in a hammock swing outside my front door.....I looked at the watch and it had advanced 10 seconds.

That was all I needed.
It was also the day that I launched, with renewed vigor, into my studies of 'afterlife' and 'theology.'

I don't know why I'm spewing this stuff that no one but me cares about right now ---
but....that's my story.

And I'm sticking to it.
~w

ETA: And yes, he has come into my dreams many times since he died. It always makes me happy: the next morning I awaken feeling refreshed to have seen and talked with him again. He looks young, vigorous....and we are perpetually working on keeping up with the house....but that's a whole 'nuther story.....

edit on 1/10/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

When my best friend passed, I had a strange dream I was standing in a meadow. She was young and healthy tearing up the grass as she ran circles around me. I knew what that meant and I was glad she showed me.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What I've always wondered is if humans have an after-life then what about all the animals and sea creatures? Why just us? It makes no sense to me. And if all creatures on earth have an after-life then that's a lot of creatures over the billion year history of life on earth. Anyone want to hazard a guess how many?

I think we're just being children and want to believe in an after-life because we want to believe things continue. We also want divine justice so murderers are punished in the after-life. The idea a bad person can just die and the suffering can end is somehow not right if the bad person is especially bad.

I think the truly mature adults do not believe in an after-life and moreover they're successful in life and do not let the lack of an after-life stop them. They have faced the truth and do not turn to fairy tales to escape it. They have been hurt and burned by reality, and have the scars to show it.

So ya I just said religion and belief in after-life are feel good fairy tales. People who believe this stuff are still children mentally, even though they have adult bodies. They use these beliefs to attain a feeling of security.

I don't hate people who believe. I feel sorry for them. Belief in after-life and God is so popular I can only think reality is so painful most people never mature. Instead of maturing they reverse and go inside into a fairy tale place. This has happened for so long our brains have a section devoted to belief in the supernatural. This makes it worse because our own genetics are encouraging the fantasy.

There're many examples where our genetics work this way. It's like stored inertia from the past millions of years of genetic motion.

Read here to see how our new brain might be able to overcome these things:
discovermagazine.com - The Vexing Mental Tug-of-War Called Morality | DiscoverMagazine.com...

“You have these gut reactions and they feel authoritative, like the voice of God or your conscience,” Greene says. But these powerful instincts are not commands from a higher power, they are just emotions hardwired into the brain. Our first reaction under pressure—the default response—is to go with our gut. It takes more time and far more brain power to reason the situation out.

“The reason we feel caught in moral dilemmas is that truly, our brain has two different solutions to the problem,” Cushman says. “Those processes can conflict because the brain is at war with itself.”

edit on 10-1-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

While I don't share your belief, I appreciate your response and your opinion.
I will clarify one thing in your statement, as far as my personal beliefs on the subject go.
As far as a punishment for bad people go, in the afterlife, I don't believe in that. I have different thoughts as to why we are here, but my thoughts on the afterlife don't include a heaven or hell scenario.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think the ones who have enough to life to enjoy what's left of their lives will go on. , The ones walking on the edge , well those who dare to do it would go, the ones who don't end up in mental healtcare..At first there will be an increase of deaths , but that will soon be over I think.

You have to ask yourself How would wars be fought ? more radical as it already is ? More brutal as it already is ? I know for thing the phrase would be if you'd appose the your enemy in disadvantage.. " Don't worry it will be better were you going..!"
edit on 0b32America/ChicagoSat, 11 Jan 2014 16:03:32 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 11 Jan 2014 16:03:32 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

"The brain is at war with itself"

This is a statement from a delusional writer; and a system of grooming intellect that is based on greed and deception.

There is a concerted effort to deny the existence of soul - and make living (the humans) similar to machines.

The rich and greedy have a strong vested interest in confusing masses. This is a continuation of that.

'Veda' tell it is the soul (an entity that is eternal) that takes decisions in human body. Brain is just a processor of information.

The soul is the 'alive' part. The body with brain is 'non-alive' part.

If science was so smart, why does not it not bring back the dead.

Why a severed limb can be attached again, but a dead person cannot be made alive again?

Birth and death are events that prove the existence of soul without any doubt.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'd like to pose a question that no one here has posed related to the topic.

If I died tomorrow and there was life after death, given how well humanity has taken care of itself in this life, would it possible for myself and others to opt out and just die forever.

I would not like to live in a world like this again.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

brojose
I'd like to pose a question that no one here has posed related to the topic.

If I died tomorrow and there was life after death, given how well humanity has taken care of itself in this life, would it possible for myself and others to opt out and just die forever.

I would not like to live in a world like this again.

I can agree with you but from my point this place is a work in progress and very useful for beings who wish to experience duality or prove what their soul are. From my point of view if you are uncomfortable on earth for the right reasons then you are proving something about yourself to both yourself and others (even some who have not said high yet).

To me the souls who came hear to teach and man created religions from are like artists. Some people like just one singer some like all singers and can get cool effects when sampling the singers together.

A little Jesus for those who want to hear Jesus.

Luke 14 The Cost of Following Jesus 25 Now large crowds were going along with Him; and He turned and said to them, 26 "If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple 27 "Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. 28 "For which one of you, when he wants to build a tower, does not first sit down and calculate the cost to see if he has enough to complete it? 29 "Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who observe it begin to ridicule him, 30 saying, 'This man began to build and was not able to finish.' 31 "Or what king, when he sets out to meet another king in battle, will not first sit down and consider whether he is strong enough with ten thousand men to encounter the one coming against him with twenty thousand? 32 "Or else, while the other is still far away, he sends a delegation and asks for terms of peace. 33 "So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions.

For the buddhist. Suffering is there because you do not get what you think you want or what you need. If you where in a constant state of love to everything around you then you would not be suffering but just being.

There is suffering, dukkha. Dukkha should be understood. Dukkha has been understood."

The Pali word, dukkha, means "incapable of satisfying" or "not able to bear or withstand anything": always changing, incapable of truly fulfilling us or making us happy. The sensual world is like that, a vibration in nature. It would, in fact, be terrible if we did find satisfaction in the sensory world because then we wouldn’t search beyond it; we’d just be bound to it. However, as we awaken to this dukkha, we begin to find the way out so that we are no longer constantly trapped in sensory consciousness.

edit on 12-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

The correct answer is that both birth and death are in the hands of God. It is God's power ("Sutratma Vayu" in Sanskrit) that places a soul in a foetus, and the same power that takes away soul at death.

The freedom of action of a soul is only within a body, and this body is given by God.

Each soul is trapped in the endless cycle of life and death. Death in one body or species leads to birth in another. Each soul experiences happiness and sorrows. Even kings suffer from disease and pain and disappointments.

No person has control over where his/her soul ends up after death; except the Yogi who has liberated from the cycle.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

My belief is a bit different than that.
I believe we do have a choice. That we can either choose a "life Lesson" we need to learn, or we can help someone else with their lesson.
That we are trying to "raise" our "frequency", for lack of a better term.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Two things:

Virtual reality and multiverse

If we could confirm that this world is a virtual playground, that our life is virtual and there is a " more real " life somewhere after death...

If we will ever confirm the existance of multiverse we woud know we would never die...

So, the problem of animal is solved...if we end up in another universe everytime we die, they will too.

I personally believe in virtual reality. We are just avatars in a body that might not even be our real body out there.
it's a game.

synchronicities tell you that life is much more similar to a videogame that we believe.
edit on 13-1-2014 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join