It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Game of Logic: The Holy Spirit and I VS ALL NoN-believers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Genesis claims that God created the world in seven days. A day is measured from sunset to sunrise in Genesis. Yet, God didn't create the sun until the third day. How were day 1 and day 2 measured?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A note on the Greek word harpazo:

Harpazo is used 16 times in the New Testament. On every occasion, it meant to physically seize (grab) and/or remove by violence of some form or another.

The word that was chosen in Latin to translate this word is rapere. It is identical in meaning to harpazo; and it is a most violent word. It was most prevalently used as a specific Roman Law term for any literal seizure of property, confiscation, robbery, kidnapping, and most commonly the abduction of women for the purpose ... well ... of raping them. Yes, technically, in Roman law women were considered property in this manner.

In English we have a few words that derive from rapere. Rap (strike with force), rapture, rape, rapacious, etc.

The current concept of "The Rapture" derives from 1 Thessalonans 4:19. It is the only verse in the Bible that uses "snatched up into the air." This is one verse out of 7956 in the NT.

There was no doctrinal concept of "The Rapture" in the early Church, the Catholic Church, the Orthodox Churches, or the Anglican Church. The idea was manufactured in the American Colonies by Increase and Cotton Mather, and continued to evolve from there.
edit on 18Tue, 07 Jan 2014 18:30:00 -060014p062014166 by Gryphon66 because: Added a "t"

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Please make your first post a question or a statement you think disproves the Bible

John 14
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

(I made sure to include the entire quote, so as not to be accused of taking this promise out of context.)

"whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do"

If this is a true promise, what the hell are Christians asking, in HIS name? Why are the children of Christians, or anyone else, dying of cancer, car accidents etc. Why aren't dead people people be resurrected and walking around, like Lazarus, et al?

Why aren't Christians multiplying loaves of bread and fishes in parks and churches, why aren't they calming storms?

edit on 7-1-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
why was the hebrew god all for animal and crop sacrificing? that in itself seems like a pointless demand from a real god.
but my real issue is, when Jesus was eventually sent to us (thus a new way to be forgiven of sins, and the sacrificing was no longer needed)
why is it OK to accept that our perfect no mistake making, all knowing, god; can up and change his mind and change the demands of the creed of his followers?
doing something traditional and symbolic one day, then being told we are now expected to do a new different symbolic tradition, seems very imperfect and pointless of an all creator...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

When you say 'The Biblical God', are you referring to El?

Because that is who is widely referenced as God in the old Hebrew versions of the Bible such as the Aleppo Codex and the Leningrad Codex.

And when you say 'Holy Spirit', are you referring to Ashera? The Divine mother, who is the balance of what you would probably be referring to as 'The Biblical God'?

Please answer me; does it make sense to you that El is rejected in its true meaning as God; while El'ohim has been taken to be an acceptable reference to the 'God' of the modern Bible? (when it actually means balance of God; Feminine 'vessel' and the Masculine 'creator' working together as the one).

The modern interpretations of the Bible are so badly corrupted, that if you believe them to be perfect; you obviously haven't done any research what-so-ever.

I'll give you a perfect example of how badly interpreted the modern Bible is;

GENESIS 49:9

King James Bible

Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?

ACTUAL corrected translation from Hebrew Westminster Leningrad Codex

Praised be the figure of the Lion who lays guard over the Pyramids its stretches out before; which are their legacy.

This is not an isolated line either; a MASSIVE amount of the Bible is this badly interpreted.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

aww... this thread was over before it started

Though honestly you could have at least presented us with a challenge...

Since I am a "believer" I guess I don't count though... anyways

Philippians (KJV)
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

VS

John 10:29
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

John 13:16
Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.

John 14:28
“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Game over... but it was already over on the first page

Oh well

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The modern English translations of the Bible are 100% copies of its originals.

Meaning all you have to do is disprove one thing with a 100% certainty, and you have won the game.

1 Corinthians 6:9 ESV

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality.

Now looking at the same verse in the Latin Vulgate.

an nescitis quia iniqui regnum Dei non possidebunt nolite errare neque fornicarii neque idolis servientes neque adulteri

Do ye not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God is not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers

Do I get a cookie for winning your game?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Sure. The first question I asked before I decided yes God is absolutely real was does the universe need a creator, or can it all be random coincidence? Based on our current understanding of science it is more logical to assume an Architect behind the universe.

Why do you automatically connect God the Architect to the Christian god. There are thousands of gods, how do you know Christianity has the right one? All of the other popular gods throughout history are lies except Yahweh? That's a bold conclusion. From my understanding of science, nothing points toward Yahweh being the true God.

I take a personal outlook on finding God and I believe I have found him within me. That is not to say I am God and me alone, we are all God creating the universe by experiencing it and having life.

The second question to ask is does life need a creator? The semiotic systems within our genetic make-up prove the existence of an intelligent being behind creation of life. After I found the most logical answer of those two questions to be yes, my next step was to ask which God is the Creator, and since there is a Creator it would make sense to assume the Creator created the universe with us in mind and should have left us an idea.

Connecting the Creator to Yahweh who is the most popular god in a world full of deception and greed is a big leap in my opinion.

The double slit experiment proved without a doubt that we as observers have a role in the outcome of all possibilities. When there is no observer to see a certain phenomenon it acts the opposite of what we expect. That to me points toward us having a role in the creation process. We are all in mind (literally) when we experience reality and the universe, so that shows me that we are the Creator creating as we experience ourselves.

This lead me to the older creation stories which use sound and resonance as the source of propagation of the universe, no matter how far back you go. Abrahamic religions-the Word(God spoke the earth into existence), Hindus-OM, and Egyptians-Sang the universe into existence. Now, the only other way for me to look for a God in these religions is to test what I know to be true of God. He can tell the future. So prophecy is where to look.

Everything is energy set at a certain vibration so using sound to describe the creation process is logical. The ancients knew this which is why they all describe the same thing.

Nostradomus seems to have predicted a few things too, does that mean he's god as well? Prophecy is the instruction manual, events unfolding today are the action those instructions describe. The bible is the most popular book in the history of the world, of course those in power who are corrupt would have a hand in creating it and helping its prophecies of war to unfold. It justifies wars being fought and corruption taking place at the highest levels, they love causing chaos.

All religions have their prophecies, not just Christianity. Even if a prophecy ends up coming true in another religion, Christians would not accept it or admit it.

All aspects of the universe mentioned should be scientifically correct. This type of faith is not blind faith, but rather faith built from a logical analysis of what I know of the universe. God has personally proven himself to me many times since my journey began, and now I walk by faith in him, and only wish for his will to be done.

Prophecy has nothing to do with science. If you walk by faith alone without sight, you have blind faith. Connecting the Christian god to the true God is not logical when you take into account all of the unusual and illogical things that happen within the bibles' pages.

God has proven himself to me as well and he saves everyone, in fact we are all saved already. Isn't that so much more beautiful than a god who condemns most to eternal torture and/or separation? If God truly is love he will save everyone, your god does not. Just my opinion.
edit on 3301000CST333 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

God has proven himself to me as well and he saves everyone, in fact we are all saved already. Isn't that so much more beautiful than a god who condemns most to eternal torture and/or separation? If God truly is love he will save everyone, your god does not. Just my opinion.

Amen! That's even what the Christian God claims: "18 Well then, as one man's trespass [one man's false step and falling away led] to condemnation for all men, so one Man's act of righteousness [leads] to acquittal and right standing with God and life for all men." (Romans 5:18-19, Amplified Bible)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

"a truly loving God would not stultify our minds. He would encourage us to think for ourselves."

Alan Watts.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That's a great little vid there! My sentiments exactly! I'm going to be using that, thanks!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb
I see very bold claims with no references.

It's not a claim. It's a fact.

Noah's Ark didn't happen, or a Global Flood didnt happen?

4,350 years ago (bible date approx 2350 BC) there was no global flood that took over the entire planet leaving only a single boat floating around which contained two pair of every critter on the planet ... critters who made their own way there and made their own way back to where ever they came from ... as well as contained 3 pair of reproducing humans. You could move the date back to 20,000 bc (as some people try to claim) and the genetics still wouldn't work.

you said the bible is the exact word of God. Obviously NOT.

If Noahs Ark happened .. then this 80,000 year old tree colony wouldn't have survived.
PANDO Tree Colony

Pando (Latin for "I spread"), also known as The Trembling Giant,[1][2] is a clonal colony of a single male quaking aspen (Populus tremuloides) determined to be a single living organism by identical genetic markers[3] and one massive underground root system. The plant is estimated to weigh collectively 6,000,000 kg (6,600 short tons),[4] making it the heaviest known organism.[5] The root system of Pando, at an estimated 80,000 years old, is among the oldest known living organisms.[6][7]
Pando is located 1 mile southwest of Fish Lake on Utah route 25.[8] in the Fremont River Ranger District of the Fishlake National Forest, at the western edge of the Colorado Plateau in South-central Utah, at N 38.525 W 111.75.

Science Daily
At this time there are 6.5 million land animal species on the planet. There were even more back in what was supposedly Noahs time. Two of each animal would mean at least 13 million animals on that boat. NOT A CHANCE!! Couldn't happen.

Light doesnt penetrate the ocean more than about 500 ft. if the earth were submerged under 29,000 ft. in order to cover mt. everest, no marine plant life would have survived and the oceans would be dead. Obviously that didn't happen.

Could Noahs' Ark Have Actually Happened?

If the 2350 date were correct, then human civilization would’ve had to undergo an extreme population explosion in the millenium following the flood. According to Biblical sources, there would have been millions of Jews leaving Egypt, so assuming a global population of 40 million around that time (~1350 BC), and comparing that to global population estimates later in history (an estimated 200+ million by 0 AD), would require an incredibly high population growth between 2350 BC and 1350 BC (5,000,000 fold increase in 1,000 years), and a much lower population growth after 1350 BC – usually less than 5 fold population growth within any 1,000 year period between 1350 BC and 1800 AD.

(3) The distribution of animals is not what we would expect if there were a global flood killing all life. If all life was limited to the top of a mountain in the Middle East in 2350 B.C., then how to explain the distribution of animals across the world? All the kangaroos on the Ark went to Australia? How did the animals get to the Americas? If they crossed via an ice-bridge in the Bering Strait, then the Americas should be limited to animals that are warm blooded and capable of traveling hundreds of miles across snow. This means no reptiles, no spiders, etc. Yet, the Amazon contains a wide variety of animal biodiversity. And why didn’t American desert animals stay behind in the deserts of the Old World? (See related post: “Creationism versus Animal Biodiversity”)

(4) Genetic evidence shows that human beings are far to genetically diverse to be descended from a single family in 2350 B.C. If Noah’s Ark were true, then all men alive today would’ve gotten their Y-chromosomes from Noah, and all human mitochondrial DNA would come from Noah’s wife and the three daughter-in-laws. Studies of the human Y-Chromosome show that you’d need far more than 4,300 years to accumulate that many mutations. Human beings could not be descended from a single male in 2350 B.C. What the studies show, instead, is that, in order to explain the number of mutations in the human Y-Chromosome, you have to allow for roughly 60,000-90,000 years. Similarly, human mitochondrial DNA requires roughly 160,000 years to accumulate that many mutations — showing that Eve could not have lived 6,000 years ago as the Bible says.

AND MORE INFORMATION AT THAT SITE.

Adam and his Eves - A lesson on DNA and population distribution for you

Creationism vs Biodiversity

Additionally, once the animals left the Ark, there are a lot of nearby regions they could inhabit, but didn’t. For example, all varieties of rattlesnakes are found in the Americas (33 species, and numerous subspecies). There are none in the Old World – despite the fact that there are regions similar to the American deserts – the Sahara, the Middle East, the Gobi Desert, etc. Llamas fit this same pattern – found in the New World, but not in the Old World. The Caucus (where the Ark supposedly landed) and Himalaya mountains have different species than the Rocky Mountains and Andes. Why didn’t some of the Rocky Mountain species stick around in the Caucus Mountains – they were already there the minute they stepped off the Ark. Similarly, the species in the South American tropics aren’t found in Old World tropics (Southeast Asia and Africa), and vice-versa. For example, New World cats and monkeys are different species than Old World cats and monkeys. Theoretically, with the movement of creatures caused by the global flood, one could find the same species living in distant places. Somehow, we don’t.

National Geographic - Human DNA Journey
For Noahs Ark to have happened exactly as the bible claims, we'd expect the highest levels of genetic diversity to be in the Middle East. But the fact is that the highest levels of human genetic diversity occur in Africa where humanity evolved.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

MORE -

Noahs Ark Doesn't Float

Miles of coral reef, hundreds of feet thick, still survive intact at the Eniwetok atoll in the Pacific Ocean. The violent flood would have certainly destroyed these formations, yet the rate of deposit tells us that the reefs have survived for over 100,000 undisturbed years. Similarly, the floodwaters, not to mention the other factors leading to a boiling sea, would have obviously melted the polar ice caps. However, ice layers in Greenland and Antarctica date back at least 40,000 years.

Impact craters from pre-historical asteroid strikes still exist even though the tumultuous floodwaters would have completely eroded them. If these craters were formed concurrently with the flood, as it has been irresponsibly suggested, the magnificent heat from the massive impacts would have immediately boiled large quantities of the ocean, as if it wasn’t hot enough already. Like the asteroid craters, global mountain ranges would exhibit uniform erosion as a result of a global flood. Unsurprisingly, we witness just the opposite in neighboring pairs of greatly contrasting examples, such as the Rockies and Appalachians.

Even if we erroneously assume there to be enough water under the earth’s surface in order to satisfy the required flood levels, the size of the openings necessary to permit passage for a sufficient amount of water would be large enough to destroy the cohesive properties of the earth’s crust. However, the outer layer is firmly intact, and there’s no evidence indicating that it ever collapsed. All this hypothetical escaping water would have greatly eroded the sides of the deep ocean fissures as well, but no such observable evidence exists for this phenomenon either.

We can also observe algae deposits within the fossil layers, a phenomenon that could not have formed during the flood because they require sunlight to thrive. It’s quite reasonable to assume that the clouds would have thoroughly obstructed the sunlight during such a tremendous rain indicative of the flood. Setting aside this and all other known fossil inconsistencies with the Bible, archaeologists have found human footprints within the upper layers. Moving water simply could not have deposited these markings. As I alluded to earlier, this seemingly endless list of geological problems was completely unforeseeable to the primitive authors, thus the Bible offers no justifications or explanations for our discoveries.

MORE INFORMATiON AT THE SITE.

Besides the DNA and fossils ... the atmosphere of Earth doesn't carry enough water to 'cover the Earth past the highest mountains'. The water from the Noahs Ark flood wouldn't have evaporated into space ... and it's not underground .. so where did it supposedly go?

edit on 1/8/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

MORE
India and the Indus Valley Civilization

The Indus Valley Civilization, which spread and flourished in the northwestern part of the Indian subcontinent from c. 3300 to 1300 BCE in present-day Pakistan and northwest India, was the first major civilization in South Asia.[2] A sophisticated and technologically advanced urban culture developed in the Mature Harappan period, from 2600 to 1900 BCE.[3]
This civilization collapsed at the start of the second millennium BCE and was later followed by the Iron Age Vedic Civilization, which extended over much of the Indo-Gangetic plain and which witness the rise of major polities known as the Mahajanapadas. In one of these kingdoms, (Magadha), Mahavira and Buddha were born in the 6th or 5th century BCE and propagated their Shramanic philosophies.

The culture and peoples are UNINTERRUPTED all through the supposed Noahs Ark period (as dated by the bible).
In fact, it's uninterrupted for the past 75,000 years.
So obviously the bible is DEAD WRONG ... there was no world wide flood that covered all the mountains.
Civilizations continued and flourished uninterrupted during this time AND for tens of thousands of years prior.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb
Therefore, the Bible we have today should be perfect. Meaning all you have to do is disprove one thing with a 100% certainty, and you have won the game.

Noahs Ark = disproven. Guess I win. What do I get? A cupie doll or something?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here; I'll throw you another ridiculously mistranslated line from the Bible.

KING JAMES VERSION
Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Actual CORRECT re-translation
Of dark days should work be crafted; and days of light should be kept sacred and for rest. For by the Lord of the all, whoever tries craft their work within it shall perish.

Unless you think that the idea of killing someone for working on a Saturday is 'perfect' wisdom???

Did you realise that the 'SABBATH' is actually Saturday??

The word SATURDAY, actually comes from SABATHDAY.

Starting to realise how grossly mistranslated your Bible is?

Ask yourself this. If the Bible tells you to keep Holy the Saturday; then why do you keep Holy the Sunday???

Why would the Church INTENTIONALLY make every one of their followers violate their own commandments? And instill the belief that salvation can ONLY come through them?

Think about this for a minute.

Yahweh is (was) actually a malevolent one who stole everything from the true 'light' God 'El'.

I would not worry though as Yahweh has just been banished.

Samael Saboath is here now; giving USA and England a little kiss.

Akragon, I've been practicing with the weather; a little more impressive?? Not good weather to be out in a chopper I'm told.

If the Queen wants 'God to save her', they are going to have to step down.

It's just the beginning.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BornOfSin

Oh so this weather is you're doing eh...

Do me a favor.... QUIT IT!

I hate winter

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I personally think we have to be very careful of believing that something is all “God inspired”…and we should be very careful of the whole “divinely inspired” phrase, in general. Discernment is really the key…

God spoke through Jesus IMO. And God spoke through men also …but unfortunately men can be deceptive, sinful etc… and pretend to speak on Gods behalf…

And for that reason, I do not believe that All of the Bible is inspired of God…because of various contradictions. I will touch upon a few of them, in this post…

Genesis 19:24-26

24 Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. 26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

Apart from the story of Sodom and Gommorah, there are quite a few other chapters in the OT, where fire is used by God, to consume enemies etc…

Luke 9:51-54

51 Now it came to pass, when the time had come for Him to be received up, that He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem, 52 and sent messengers before His face. And as they went, they entered a village of the Samaritans, to prepare for Him. 53 But they did not receive Him, because His face was set for the journey to Jerusalem. 54 And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?”

Even the disciples seem to think this is what God does, and that it is natural, for God to do so etc…

But Jesus states otherwise…

Luke 9:55-56
55 But He turned and rebuked them, and said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of. 56 For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them.” And they went to another village.

Moving on…

God states thou shalt not kill, as part of his commandments in Exodus 20 …

Exodus 20
12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

And yet we have these contradictory verses below…

Exodus 21:17
17 “Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.

NUMBERS 31:1
The LORD said to Moses, 2 “Take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites. After that, you will be gathered to your people.”

NUMBERS 31:16-18
16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the LORD in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the LORD’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

NUMBERS 31:25-27
25 The LORD said to Moses, 26 “You and Eleazar the priest and the family heads of the community are to count all the people and animals that were captured. 27 Divide the spoils equally between the soldiers who took part in the battle and the rest of the community.

These verses above, and the whole of NUMBERS 31 in general, show God commanding people to take vengeance on others and to go kill their enemies etc…These are not divinely inspired…

IMO the verses can only be said, to be men abusing their own power and position; and at least in that context, something can be learned from it.

Problem is, people are believing these things came from God, or that they are “inspired of God”, and are in turn incorporating it, into their own theology, in and around Jesus and Christianity.

LEVITICUS 26:23-25
“‘If in spite of these things you do not accept my correction but continue to be hostile toward me, 24 I myself will be hostile toward you and will afflict you for your sins seven times over. 25 And I will bring the sword on you to avenge the breaking of the covenant. When you withdraw into your cities, I will send a plague among you, and you will be given into enemy hands.

LEVITICUS 26:27-28

27 “‘If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters. 30 I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars and pile your dead bodies on the lifeless forms of your idols, and I will abhor you. 31 I will turn your cities into ruins and lay waste your sanctuaries, and I will take no delight in the pleasing aroma of your offerings…

Apart from God breaking his own Laws, notice how he wants to avenge things with anger, and especially note the phrase… punish you for your sins “seven times over”…

Now lets have a look at a few of Jesus words in the New Testament, in comparison…

Matthew 5:46-47
For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?

Throughout the NUMBERS 31 verses, God wants you to kill your enemies, but in Matthew 5 above, Jesus wants you to love your enemies…

A clear as day contradiction…

Matthew 7:2
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

There is simply no comparison, to Jesus version of justice in the above verse, and the verses spoken of, in LEVITICUS 26.

In LEVITICUS 26, God wants to punish you, seven times over, for your sins, and in Matthew 7, Jesus says you will be judged, by how you judge others…which is a fair judgment…IMO

Again, both verses are in complete opposition to each other…

Here are the key parts, of what you wrote in your OP…

Originally posted by ServantOfTheLamb
I will start out with I believe the Bible to be divinely inspired, but lets go a little more in depth with that.

I believe Spirit-moved men wrote down God-breathed words, and that the original autographs of the Bible are completely perfect

If as you say, all of Bible is inspired of God and that it’s all completely perfect etc… then how are there so many contradictions, between the OT and Jesus…?

- JC

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

God spoke through Jesus IMO. And God spoke through men also …

In your opinion/belief did god speak through the men that gave life to Islam and Hinduism? To the men (or women) behind Native American or Egyptian or Sumerian religion? Or should we dismiss them entirely and only be cautious, yet believing, that god spoke through men behind Christianity?

Apologies for being off topic I am just always curious in these kinds of answers.
edit on 8-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I just finished reading 'The Book' a few months ago by Alan Watts. Pretty awesome read

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

My bad; I would say sorry but it would be a lie.

A car in your driveway only has 3 of its doors locked. You should probably go tend to that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join