It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is awesome, Gobal warming exists, taxes are patriotic, guns are bad.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

Please try. . . . . you were doing so well!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If i walk into a negotiation, my first offer is going to be "pie in the sky".

Politics are no different.

If during negotiations I can plant items in that are guaranteed to piss you off, but I don't really care about having. Then I can let you win those during negotiations, thus improving my negotiating position. Same thing....happens in politics.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Then I have to come back to my original premise.

What do progressives want?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The weapons of the progressive peace keeping force

The future of protecting and serving in a new progressive era

Are you feeling safer yet Beezzer

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Just for you, Beeezzer!

After breakfast we exit our Obama apartment, I forget my federal food stamps and have to go back and get them.

Once we are started to the Drs., a cop stops us for speeding. Yep she's a lesbian. my partner despises them, but I poke him in the ribs. She gives me a ticket mostly for my partners' attitude. Then she gives me coupons for Applebees.

Finally at the Drs., I get my partner checked in. I see the Dr. and get immediately jealous. NM

Once we're out of the Drs., we go to Applebees and have lunch.

We go back home and watch more Ellen. Sex is out of the question due to Drs. exam. Oh well.

I get on the interwebs and go to ATS.

Finally fall asleep at the PC. Goodnight

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

I see your contribution (thanks) and BFFT, and Tdawg and others. Awesome.

Looking at past posts and threads, none of us are afraid of expressing our vision of the future. What we think is right.

Why are progressives (self-proclaimed) on this site afraid of regaling us with the vision of progressives?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

NightFlight
reply to post by beezzer

Just for you, Beeezzer!

After breakfast we exit our Obama apartment, I forget my federal food stamps and have to go back and get them.

Once we are started to the Drs., a cop stops us for speeding. Yep she's a lesbian. my partner despises them, but I poke him in the ribs. She gives me a ticket mostly for my partners' attitude. Then she gives me coupons for Applebees.

Finally at the Drs., I get my partner checked in. I see the Dr. and get immediately jealous. NM

Once we're out of the Drs., we go to Applebees and have lunch.

We go back home and watch more Ellen. Sex is out of the question due to Drs. exam. Oh well.

I get on the interwebs and go to ATS.

Finally fall asleep at the PC. Goodnight

Brilliant!

Is this all our future?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I am thinking of one in particular and am not one bit surprised that person has not posted needless to say I am sure this thread has been viewed if ya catch my drift I can almost smell a 4 page rebuttal on the horizon hahahaha

as you can clearly see what my idea of a progressive paradise looks like

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I absolutely, positively, unambiguously, without a doubt, hope NOT !!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

beezzer

WHAT DO PROGRESSIVES WANT?

WHAT IS THE PROGRESSIVE VISION?

Really my fellow bunny. It doesn't hurt for very long. They make it quick.... If you'll just step over here so we can have a word in private, I'll help you understand all about progressive visions... Really.. You'll feel better when you've assimi..errr...considered things.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Now with the intention to derail the ebb and flow

We [conservative vs progressive?] hit walls on issues like changing the foundation of the food industry and healthcare and energy and transportation, funding space programs, et cetera. These things [wind solar, high speed transit, etc] have too much initial cost. Perhaps even costs that won't be recovered. So we oppose it. The problem I see with this is that we are valuing our current well-being over the well-being of Humankind…all of Humankind, and all of Humankind tomorrow. There is no doubt negative repercussions to these kinds of radical changes and or allocating a high amount of funding to them. Does it outweigh the negative repercussions in the grand scheme of things when you factor in the well-being of our children and children's children? Imagine our children taking the same conservative argument against these familiar 'progressive' propositions. Ad infinitum. Generations later our great great grandchildren arguing it would cost too much to switch to more efficient and cleaner energy or exploring space. That's a frightening prospect to me..

My progressive paradise would be one that recognizes our World isn't ideal and intrinsic to that is the acknowledgment there is a road and it is forward. Progressively forward. By embracing and nourishing technology. It would be one that recognizes the tremendous merit of technology and realizing there is no good reason to think it's less true now then it was before with how beneficial advancing it will be for society. And not stunting its growth with concern only for ones immediate self or immediate family. My progressive paradise would think globally and would always think about the well-being of people that are not yet born.

~Lucid Lunacy not a democrat.
edit on 4-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I feel dirty, now. I'm going to take a shower.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

NightFlight
reply to post by beezzer

I feel dirty, now. I'm going to take a shower.

Shower with someone.

Don't waste water, you hater!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

So humankind is more important than the individual?

ETA; Thanks for a comprehensive reply.
edit on 4-1-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well not so much that as I guess viewing Humankind as a single individual
It's not that individual's don't have value but that they all do [ones not yet born included] would be more the point. So if maximizing happiness and well-being is the aim, as I would hope it to be, the scope is much larger.

Quotes as replies are tedious to me so apologies for doing it myself
This one is the embodiment of a progressive mentality to me.

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us 'universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

-Albert Einstein-

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hater? I feel dirty when I write "Obama".

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Okay.

I'm a conservative libertarian who owns firearms. I have a great medical plan through my (Obamacare exempt) employer.

Would my life change under a progressive ideal?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

NightFlight
reply to post by beezzer

Hater? I feel dirty when I write "Obama".

LOLZ

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Gosh, people! This is serious-

I think you have too much fiber in your diet.

Ever consider upping your intake of GMO's?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Then I have to come back to my original premise.

What do progressives want?

The same thing as everyone else. There isn't a single mindset here. Like all politics, sometimes you roll around in turds just so you can fit in. Its the two party system.

Besides, it never works when a broad brush gets used. People, no matter how morose, are still individuals.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join