It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing up unvaccinated: This is what happens when your parents refuse

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

great logic...you just moan about it.
It isn't just about the polio vaccine what about when they make an aids vaccine? or a malaria vaccine it will save millions of peoples lives but I guess you still think even those are a bad idea.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Why not apply a little Law of Cause and Effect, and work by understanding how the disease is created and then undoing that, rather than injecting the body with seriously harmful chemicals, eh?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

It is stupid to vaccinate newborns they dont have an immu e system to train. Source: phd molecular biology.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

sjorges2002
reply to post by six67seven

It is stupid to vaccinate newborns they dont have an immu e system to train. Source: phd molecular biology.

So... what you are saying is that human beings are not born with an immune system. Right. Are you going to go with this one?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Cows11
Here in New Zealand we only need two injections for most of our lives I think. MMR, Tetanus, and the polio swab thing. That's all I've had.

Here's the New Zealand National Immunisation Schedule, and here are the changes that will take place later this year. Looking at it, I see diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, Hep B, Hib, pneumococcal, measles, mumps, rubella, HPV, and flu. Many of those are combined in a hexavalent vaccine--something that probably scares the pants off antivaxers--but I think it still comes out to more than two. Later this year, it looks like they will add rotavirus, and some others for at-risk patients.
edit on 4-1-2014 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Ok just to elaborate a bit more on my stance.
I am not so much against the traditional vaccination like diptheritis etc etc
I 2ould feel they are safer when spread over a long period and when made one by one.

However i am not fond at al of all those flu vaccines that every so often come out.

Still on the minimal drug natural side of things with a firm view on the absolutely sace and necessary proven vaccines.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

not at first, part of development. reason why breasfteeding is so beneificial

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I don't know if anybody now days in developed areas has seen what something like smallpox can do, but it's not anything you'd want to live through.

There are a lot of deadly things that science has given us protection from.

People need to try and see the good side of these vaccines as well as the bad.

Unfortunately, it seems that most of us have been conditioned to respond to most things in this day and age as if everything were part of a political platform.
Yes to this, No to that, and very little compromise.

Everything is not always black and white.
Seems like we could take a bit of risk here and there to avoid bringing back plagues that have killed hundreds of millions throughout history.

At the same time we should support/push those in the drug field to create safer vaccines instead of sitting on old ones because they provide a higher profit margin.

Just my opinion but if there was more cooperation within the population towards pushing safety, it would be easier to get the drug companies to do more 'for people' instead of doing things 'to people'.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

fenson76
reply to post by Grimpachi

You can find more bad stories about vaccines than the good ones...It's up to individuals to decide, not the government.

I am sure you can however people generally write about something when it goes wrong not when it works like it is supposed to. And the second thing is story about something isn't really evidence.

This thread is about a woman story even though I believe her I cant verify it although I am not presenting it as evidence and all to often other peoples stories against vaccination are presented as evidence.

I think her story is pretty good and worth attention. I never thought it would sway the hardcore anti-vacc crowd especially the ones who believe the really crazy stuff but for those still living in reality it may at least give them some insight and motivate them to look at the real research on the matter.

I have already seen one poster quote some faulty research stating it is about clean water or vaccines didn't help anyone. I know exactly where that research came from and the source was busted fabricating 10 year periods with false data and really doing a diss service to the world unfortunately people still quote his work. If I remember correctly the guy didn't have any education in that field even. Those people I will never reach so I stopped trying with them. Besides I already tried in other threads and presented the evidence they were a hopeless cause.

Anyway most people are open enough to look at the evidence on their own and when they do so I think most will come to the conclusion that vaccination benefits far outweigh any risk involved. The key is to get them to actually research the subject honestly on their own which is sometimes rarer than it sounds.

Just like I have seen it twice where it was stated Amish do not vaccinate well that just screams do a google/bing search to see if it is true but how many do you think actually did.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

My last vaccinations were when I was in the Army in 1963. I seldom even get a cold for as long as two years. Even then my body fights it off with my own immune system in about 4 days. I have seen many people get the flu after they have the flu shot. I had two phone reminders from the Veterans Health Program (where I get my health care) to get my "Free Flu shot"...they can only remind me...but I still decline.
edit on 4-1-2014 by Larry2323 because: I forgot to mention when I got out of the Army, in 1963.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
As a mortician who has done plenty of cases over the last 35 years of children who have died from preventable illness. When I hear a parent ( usually white privileged middle class ) state they are " not going to do that" .... I just want to punch them in the head to wake them up.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

“If you think your child’s immune system is strong enough to fight off vaccine-preventable diseases, then it’s strong enough to fight off the tiny amounts of dead or weakened pathogens present in any of the vaccines.”

It's not the tiny amounts of dead or weakened pathogens that concern me. It's all of the other crap
that the shot is mixed with or made from.

Those of you who have avoided childhood illnesses without vaccines are lucky. You couldn’t do it without us pro-vaxxers. Once the vaccination rates begin dropping, the less herd immunity will be able to protect your children. The more people you convert to your anti-vax stance, the quicker that luck will run out.

Please stop brow beating people that choose not to vaccinate... We have the same right to interpret the available information and make an informed decision just as you do. The fact that you subscribe to
the "herd" theory, doesn't make you right or better than us "non-vaxers". It in fact just means that we more likely to dump you in the same box as pushy christians.

A simple vaccine can spare a child suffering but for some strange reasoning some parents would rather see their children look like the ones in those pictures.
edit on 3-1-2014 by Grimpachi because: be nice

The information supplied by the doctors clearly lists a long list of potentially serious side effects. You should read it sometime.

Have a nice day!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

jimmyx
this may sound hard and mean...but...I don't care that these people don't believe in vaccines...they will pay as well as their children will, and ONLY when the suffering and death hits them squarely between the eyes will they come around...it's sad really that people have been talked into this type of paranoia, to the point that any medical professional is viewed as the enemy, and science is evil.
I am fully vaccinated as is the rest of my family, and I simply don't worry about it. I had my annual flu shot, and haven't had the flu in more than a decade.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. In my house my partner and I will decide what is best for our children.

I find your high handed, I'm smarter than you attitude quite offensive. Read an immunization brochure one day. All the information about the potential SERIOUS side effect are there.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

"We have the same right to interpret the available information and make an informed decision just as you do. "

Hate to tell you this mate. But with 99% of the population not even knowing the basics of how their own body works. Simply because they are so lazy they cant be bothered accessing this free information. It kind of destroys your argument.

Please note : I work in the field of mortuary science and run a fitness center.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
You're just making things up as you go along aren't you?
All vaccines are safety tested and guess what, they're ALWAYS being safety tested.
Constantly.

Do you walk outside?
Whilst you do this do you breathe?
Do you eat fruit and vegetables?
Have you ever had a scratch or cut in your skin?
Ever eaten fish?
Ever used aluminium foil?
Ever heated anything up in a metal pan?
Have you ever been bitten or stung by an insect?
Do you like to eat nuts?
Ever taken aspirin for a headache?

If the answer to any of the above is yes then you have just been exposed to far more danger than any vaccines.

Read the brochure. Vaccines are dangerous.
edit on 5/1/2014 by hudsonhawk69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Pardon?

Rulkiewicz

six67seven

That's fine. It just makes me uneasy when a child/baby is given 20 vaccines (exaggeration) in a short amount of time.

Great point. I have four children, the first 3 were fat and healthy! We vaccinated them according to our DR's schedule without any issues. However, our 4th child was born a bit smaller than the other three (she was only 6lbs, while the other were ~7.5lbs). #4 was always on the smaller side when compared to the first three at various milestones. The Mrs. and I decided to stagger #4's vaccinations due to the fact that she was in the lower percentile range for her weight and height. So instead of giving her 4 shots all in one visit, we've been staggering them out over time to when we felt she was not going to be overloaded with vaccines. Dr nor staff never gave us any pushback.

Babies are exposed to more pathogens on a daily basis than they ever will be exposed to from vaccines.
They won't get overloaded with them at all.
It's far better to get them over with in one sitting and have them protected then than space them out and risk infections between them.
Factor in the actual needle-stick part of it too.

It's amazing that parents all of a sudden become experts in immunology after reading a couple of nonsensical web sites.
Do people do the same thing with airline pilots?
You know, knock on the cockpit door and tell them how to fly the plane?
Or go up to a nuclear physicist and tell them their hadron collider would work better if they did it another way?

A little knowledge truly is a dangerous thing indeed.

Last time I read the brochure on vaccinations the list of potentially serious side effect was right there... Hmmm

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Visitor2012

There are dead or weakend strains of the virus in the vaccines. Nothing else. No nanobots controlling us or poisons to make us complacent. Just life saving vaccine ingredients.
Most people don't think that doctors under government orders are trying to poison us.

Perhaps you forgot to read the ingredients on the side or take the time to find out how some of the vaccines are cultured?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by KillaCommie4Mommy

The benefits outweigh the risks by a million fold.

It is the RIGHT of every parent to decide for themselves if that is true or not.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Drink the cool aide this is as bad propaganda as uncle toms cabin......if her mother was such a health nut then why all the antibiotics....could also be genetics...her genes just might be recessive. Not that convinced as her story has too many holes.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

What about the recall back in 1996 of 250,000 shots after they had already been given....yeah they are safe. Blindly trusting is scary.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join