It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Oh, right, well spotted.
My mistake. I'd done a search for Halt and that's the one that came up. I didn't know Robbins had done one specifically on Halts role.

I will probably still buy it.

I knew there was another one on the way and must've confused it with that. Oh well, that's another one to look forward to.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Yep I gave a brief mention on page 33 of this thread to Halt in Woodbridge :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Currently less than £3 on kindle!

With the thread only being 43 pages long I'm surprised at how you missed it

You have to have read "Left at East Gate" beforehand and also be familiar with Halt's speech at Woodbridge in the Summer of 2015.

Here is the footage of his speech (a longer version including a trip to the forest is kicking around as well)

It's probably also worth mentioning that Peter Robbins issued a series of 7 pdfs completely free of charge in a similar answer to Pope, Penniston and Burroughs "Encounter in Rendlesham Forest"

The first part is available easily here : Link

Although all 7 parts are easily downloadable with a Google Account from here: Link

edit on 7/4/16 by mirageman because: Tried to fix link

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Wooooaaaahh!!!
That's a lot of new stuff.
Can't believe I missed it myself. I've finished LAEG now. I've been buying so much stuff lately that I've confused myself. Somehow I'd got it into my head that Halt was the writer of the forthcoming book.
Really don't know where I got that from. Jumped the gun when doing a search and took a quick mental note of Halt in the title.

I wonder who the new one is by?
It could answer all our questions or it could drop a grenade in the middle of everything???

On the other hand it could end up a shameless cash in.... I hope not.

I've just finished Dead Mountain. I'm starting Don't Go There and then I've got Dyatlov Pass keeps its secret.
Trying to keep up with this thread as well so I'm flitting between the forest and the mountains, as it were.

I hope you'll forgive the confusion.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I've seen that Penniston may be planning a book about his mysterious binary codes and the mystical co-ordinates to Hy-Brasil, Lo-Brasil, Mid-Brasil and anywhere else those dodgy digits point to.

Colonel Halt has long been rumoured to be writing a book and he's getting up there in age now!

I also have heard Mr.Burroughs is the one collecting all the information for his book "Forest Grump : The Guy Who Came in from The Cold (Eventually)"

The Peter Robbins free stuff "Delieberate Deception" is well worth a look as it contains, documents and pictures not easily available elsewhere. It's all very defensive (as is Halt at Woodbridge) against the inaccuracies and slurs against himself, Larry Warren and their book. But some of it, at least, proves the point.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I need a new bookcase!
Almost feels like discussions like this might become redundant once the right book comes out.
But which ones the right one?

If they all wrote a book, imagine the fun you could have playing spot the discrepancies! I think that would make a fine weekends reading but I can't imagine what the result would be on the old noggin.
You may develop an allergy to pine needles.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

edit on 7-4-2016 by Tulpa because: Double

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I don't think any of them will ever reveal the truth. We are now 36 years from the event. It's growing ever more complex by the day. Just like Roswell did. Roswell was a story that disappeared after 24 hours and then suddenly 30 years later started with Jesse Marcel talking about strange metal in the pasture. No spaceship, no aliens just strange bits of foil.

Rendlesham started with strange lights seen in the distance......

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Hmm, I'm thinking "ultraviolet". Note how a 'black light' can be quite difficult to look at face on?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I suspect that Halt is probably aware of what really happened to some degree. However, I can't see him breaking any oaths to do this.

Burroughs - Recounts what he remembers. Why the memory loss?
Warren - I think, allowing for warping of memories with time, his is a straight forward account
Penniston - Appears to have pushed Burroughs to the 'front' from SkyCrash onwards. Why?

Also, on one of those defunct RFI forums, there were plenty of statements from Burroughs and Penniston that they had discovered the truth, it was not ET and would be revealed at one of the events.

I'm assuming that this disclosure fell through at the last minute, and they never referred to it? Or was this the 'time travel' angle?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Am I imaging things, or around the 16 minute mark did Halt say that Cabansag say in his report to Halt that it looked like Burroughs got 'beamed up' into the light above...?
edit on 8-4-2016 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

He sure does.
Beamed up into it is what he says.
Bright white light.

edit on 8-4-2016 by Tulpa because: Usual

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

Am I imaging things, or around the 16 minute mark did Halt say that Cabansag say in his report to Halt that it looked like Burroughs got 'beamed up' into the light above...?

He did. There are a number of problems around it. Firstly Cabansag's statement makes no mention of seeing much at all but lights. No mention of Buroughs disappearing. So did Halt call him into the office but Cabansag leave it off his statement?

So you can check here is Cabansag's statement : www.therendleshamincident.co.uk...

Secondly I believe Ed Cabansag claimed he never wrote that statement as back in 1980 there was no such thing as computers or word processors like we have now and he had no keyboard skills.

Thirdly if you note the bottom of it there is a hand scrawled note.

I'm convinced this is a cleaned up version of what happened. I talked with Amn Cabansag and can say he was shook up to the point he didn't want to talk.

Cabansag does appear in I Know What I Saw very briefly (The Rendlesham clip starts about 31 min in)

I also noticed Penniston's notebook looks like it has the 'binary code pages' removed after the sketches he shows on screen. So where's the binary code? Was it, possibly, like the sketches, added well after the incident?

Next up we have "Invasion at Rendlesham" (it's already been posted at least twice in this thread)

Cabansag features early on in the first few minutes (about 4:00) and also Monroe Nevilles gives a longer interview (about 39:00 in).

It's obvious to me that things are being added on to the story as time goes by. Which makes it almost impossible to fathom it all out. It's easy to say that the earliest evidence is the best. Which means the witness statements and the Halt tape. I'm not sure about the plaster casts and even the early stories leaking out from the base that people like Jenny Randles, Brenda Butler and Dot Street picked up on. Sometimes there is a lot of confusion with early witness accounts.

We can also point to Burrough's heart condition. But while everyone is assuming he contracted damage to his heart in late December 1980 we don't actually know what happened to him and it seems neither does he?

I know I am not helping reach a conclusion here. But I think it's also important to consider everything that has been said in the past.

Also interesting that the statement says Burroughs and Cabansag returned via a road but Penniston walked back straight from where he came when called back to base.

I would guess that Halt typed the statement rather than any professional typist as it's littered with errors and also added the note at the bottom.

Make of that what you will.
edit on 8/4/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I've never heard Cabansag say about the transporter beam?

So, we only have Halt's account. This feels very similar to the SkyCrash quote from Halt about an airman climbing the craft.

I guess either Halt:
- Is relating uncensored verbal accounts from the airmen?
- or has distorted the memory (seems extreme)
- or is just lying (seems an odd thing to make up)

Here is what I notice:
- Halt relates a story of an airman climbing a triangle (Burroughs)
- Halt relates an account from Cabansag of Burroughs being 'beamed up'
- Warren relates a story of seeing Burroughs run at / grab the triangle on video
- Bustinza relates a story of Burroughs disappearing into the light of the craft as he fell over
- In an Interview with Omar Fowler Warren states someone else told him about the triangle grabbing
- In that interview Warren also states that during the first night two of the three were gone for hours and said they were abducted
- In the same interview Warren states an airman was crying and also the airman that grabbed the triangle had severe health problems
- In Skycrash - Penniston relates their encounter with a pseudonym yet names Burroughs!

Somewhere in one of these posts and RFI threads there is an early statement form Burroughs stating that he discovered health problems immediately after the event. I'll look for it, but it doesn't mean it's true.

Here is what I see:
- Bustinza, Cabansag, Warren, Pennsitonnand Halt all relate some of the most extreme aspects of the RGI specifically to do with Burroughs
- Both Halt and Warren have similar stories, admittedly Halt doesn't repeat these aspects like Warren.

Those aspects are:
- An airman had something approaching a nervous breakdown
- An airman grabbed a small triangle and was carried
- That airman suffered health problems

Either Warren and or Halt are lying or were fed a story with that core early on.

Penniston, Cabansag and Bustinza all relate stories of Burroughs interacting with the phenonema.

Then there are rumours of abduction and missing time...

Everyone focuses on Burroughs from an early period, and his special interaction with the phenomena. Burroughs own hypnosis fits with some sort of abduction. Yet, like Burroughs I don't believe it.

There is a difference between conflating and confusing memories over time and intentionally adding new elements.

The binary code and symbols are one example.

Those early stories focus on Burroughs interaction and possible abduction.

Do the new additions add to that myth, or detract from it?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Somewhere in one of these posts and RFI threads there is an early statement form Burroughs stating that he discovered health problems immediately after the event. I'll look for it, but it doesn't mean it's true.

Yes to save you the trouble I have it on file.

Here is the relevant section.

In 1979, Burroughs passed the USAF entrance physical and was assigned to RAF Woodbridge, where, in December, 1980 he was exposed to the effects of an anomalous vehicle. From the moment of the event, Burroughs suffered from a variety of symptoms, including those of eye, throat, and gum disease.

In the summer of 1981, Burroughs made a visit to a civilian emergency room and was found to have an unusual heart condition. Despite this, he was allowed to stay in the military and remain on active duty.

In 1988, when Burroughs left active duty for the reserves, his exit physical records show vision and heart damage, clearly implying that he incurred disability during the term of his service.

In 2011, while attempting to diagnose unfamiliar symptoms of worsening heart problems, Burroughs' civilian doctor asked for his medical records.

After filing a 2012 claim with former Arizona Senator Jon Kyl's office seeking assistance in obtaining records, Burroughs suffered another episode of symptoms of heart disease, resulting in the implant of a pacemaker.

Source : Full PDF Document

So there is actually a 'window' from shortly after his assignment to the Twin Bases in 1979 until the summer of 1981 when John Burroughs suffered heart damage. Although all the focus is on it happening in late December 1980 and circumstantially that seems probable we can't know that for sure.

It is also interesting to note that John Burroughs accounts do not mention aliens or the fantastical accounts others do. That's something I have long wondered about.

edit on 8/4/16 by mirageman because: Fixed link

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Watched the Ancient Aliens episode again today and the pages are all there in the note book, binary and all.
Its not on screen very long and you don't see it very clearly but, from what I can see, the text block look nice and neat and not like one thats had bits removed and replaced.

Not that it means that much.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Above is a snapshot of Penniston's notebook from "I Know What I saw"

The above pic is a snapshot (unfortunately it was lower resolution) from Invasion at Rendlesham.

Now there was supposedly 16 pages of binary codes he had in that notebook.

Or did he?

When did he put the binary in there?

ETA:

Before I forget as well here is a video that perhaps looks like what Halt and his team witnessed out in the forest. A strange beam of light hitting the ground. I've seen this effect myself and eventually realised it was a police helicopter whilst driving on a misty night in the English countryside.

edit on 8/4/16 by mirageman because: ETA

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I have heard John mention the blue entities that flew through lightalls and vehicles. Bustinza talks about the pyramid craft being transparent. Warren talks about the craft only being visible in peripheral vision.

The only physical aspects are the rumours of someone grabbing the triangle and the retractable legs / plaster cast.

I wish I had access to Andrew Pike's report - I'm not sure if it can add some understanding to this weird semi solid nature?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: Guest101

I am not sure when it was filmed but I think ITVs "Strange But True" episode on Rendlesham was filmed before Penniston underwent hypnosis. It certainly looks like it was filmed at the height of the English Summer and the epsiode first aired on 9th December 1994.

Penniston's story starts around 5 mins in. He mentions no photos, no sketches, no touching of the craft and no binary code. He does mention strange symbols.........

That’s correct.
I looked it up in ‘the UFO’s that never were’, a book with a chapter on the RFI by Jenny Randles. She interviewed both Jim Penniston and John Burroughs for ITV’s ‘Strange but True’ in 1994.

According to her, Jim’s hypnotic regression sessions took place after these interviews.
So this was the first and last TV appearance before Jim Penniston’s hypnotic regression.

The stories of Penniston and Burroughs from 1994, as given by Jenny Randles from her interview notes, are very similar:

PEN: Part of the woods was brightly lit by a mass of fluctuating light inside the tree line. When I got within 100 feet, what appeared to be five or six multi-coloured lights like a flame appeared. A definite form, some kind of image, was emerging from the glow.

BUR: The lights seem to get brighter and more defined. There was more colour behind them. The object that emerged from this background was a very brilliant white light with multi-coloured lights inside. It was hard to call it an object, although it had a vaguely triangular shape.

PEN: The air was filled with electricity, like static. You could feel it on your skin as we approached the object. There was also a sense of slowness, like time itself was an effort. When I approached the object it felt like wading through treacle.

BUR: The neared we got to this thing, the more uneasy I felt. This was more than just apprehension. It felt like static electricity in the air and was terribly uncomfortable. It was as if I was moving in slow motion. I felt really hot and my hair was standing up on the back of my head.

The next memory Burroughs has is the craft leaving.

PEN: It had a very smooth surface and was triangular in shape. There were no sharp edges. The fabric was like black glass, but opaque or misty. There was an area engraved with symbols that looked like mirror writing. The light was starting to get brighter so I backed away from the craft.

The next memory Penniston has is standing 20 feet away from the craft with Burroughs.

PEN: It retracted three beams of light from the base and climbed slowly, edging back through trees at walking pace. Then it shot away at extreme speed, faster than any aircraft I have ever seen.

BUR: One minute it was there, then it climbed skyward and was gone like a blur. There was no sound and I felt no blast of air from any exhausts.

Of course this is not entirely consistent with their original witness statements, but I always wondered how Halt got such detailed information about the shape and size of the object (which he put in his memo to the MOD) if the witnesses never got closer than 50 meters?

Regarding a beam burning a hole in one of the bunkers, there is an interesting piece of information in LEAG, p413. Robbins and Warren had an interview with Halt which they taped, but at some points Halt asked them to stop the tape for a moment. At one of these occasions he seemed to have told them that light beams had penetrated the hardened bunkers of the Bentwaters weapon storage area. So maybe Nevels is not so confused after all?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

Looks like we can't put the symbols down to hypnosis.

The heat Burroughs feels is due to massive amounts of RF / non ionising radiation heating him up. A bit like standing next to a radar dome.

If we believe the heating statement is accurate then we have the source (whatever it is!) of non ionising radiation that Kit Green describes as being responsible for his injuries.

John rarely mentions the heating aspect, so for a long time I focussed on ionising radiation being unaware of this.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Before I forget as well here is a video that perhaps looks like what Halt and his team witnessed out in the forest. A strange beam of light hitting the ground. I've seen this effect myself and eventually realised it was a police helicopter whilst driving on a misty night in the English countryside.

In my opinion that's probably very much like the type of "beam" Halt witnessed through his night vision scope, but of course there is not really any beam, it's an artifact of the night vision equipment and could have been produced by any bright object such as a star or planet, doesn't have to be a helicopter but obviously that's what was filmed in your example.

This also explains why others who should have seen beams coming to the ground if they were really there, didn't see them. As for beams burning a hole through the bunker, I think we need more evidence than we have to start believing such claims, at least I do.

About the pages added to the notebook, not only is he apparently adding pages to it later, but didn't Burroughs say that Penniston had no such notebook at the time of the incident? It doesn't make an appearance until many years after the incident.

edit on 201649 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join