It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson: The Latest Victim of the PC Police

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

jhn7537
Doesn't the bible also say that it's okay to own slaves? I wonder if the bible thumping Christians stand behind that too or are they just cherry picking which verse to live by and which to ignore??

If you live by the book I feel you should live by it all, picking out parts here and there shouldn't be okay....

Just one verse for fun... “When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money

Our Supreme Court also ruled slavery to be just and legal.

What's your point?

You do understand the difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament, right?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

jhn7537
reply to post by bbracken677

Do you have any media pertaining to gays being interviewed by GQ or any other media outlet stating that southern hicks should be banned are not okay? Because that's what's happening here with the guy from down south giving his views on the gay community..

So gays should be banned? Is that what Phil said?

Funny, but I didnt get that from the quote.

Banned from what?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

UnifiedSerenity
Could it be that the Robertson's might be a lil tired of Hollyweird? I

I think it started with the whole "bleeping" out cuss words that were never uttered. You just sensed it was going down hill from there between A&E and the family. Not like they need this show. If anything the Robertson's have been solid from the start and I suspect will be long after this passes and they get on with their lives.
edit on 20-12-2013 by WWJFKD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

Phil's rights weren't violated. He chose to be on a show, a show that is owned by a company in the business to make money. That company (A&E) decided that his comments (for some reason) didn't fit. I personally think it's to get ratings.

According to the civil rights act, it is illegal to fire someone for their religious beliefs.

'Nuff said.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

bbracken677

jhn7537
Doesn't the bible also say that it's okay to own slaves? I wonder if the bible thumping Christians stand behind that too or are they just cherry picking which verse to live by and which to ignore??

If you live by the book I feel you should live by it all, picking out parts here and there shouldn't be okay....

Just one verse for fun... “When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money

What's your point?

You do understand the difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament, right?

I do understand the difference between fiction and non-fiction... Do you? Because a lot of you sure are following a book of fiction...

link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I know exactly what I am talking about. My MS roots started in the Appalachians and ended in the foothills in northeast Ms. My granddaddy finally got indoor plumbing and a bathroom paid by the government around 1963, can't remember exact year. When my uncle moved to Idaho, my grandparents had no idea there was a state called Idaho. Neither went beyond 3rd grade and never left Mississippi. Those are the hillbillies I knew and lived with 1951-1961. I don't know what the "new hillbilly" is. I am just glad I went beyond the 3rd grade and did not start pumping out kids every 18 months.

link   

jhn7537
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Did you call me a prehistoric dinosaur.....hahaha

I always found it odd living your life by a book a fiction. I believe religion is for the weak-minded and that they NEED something to gravitate to. I'm not religious and my life is just fine. I'm not committing crimes or acting like a nut ball.. It's amazing how far common sense can take you today..

But if you need religion to feel purpose, have at it... I won't stop you...
edit on 20-12-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

On the one hand you state that the book is fiction, as if that is factually been proven.
Then, you turn and around and say "I believe Religion..."

I am not a religious person, but even I can see how the above post fails badly.

Seems that you wish to exercise the right to believe that Religion is fiction, but then deny that another has the right to believe it is not fiction.

The hypocrisy of the "enlightened" crowd is amazing....It's as if they cannot even see how un-enlightened they truly are.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The concept of religion is for the weak minded... im not admitting to anything...lol

I call it fiction, just like others consider it factual, based off a lot of stories... You can't prove to me it's real

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

He's not being "fired" for his beliefs. He's being fired because of what the consequences of his words will be. A&E doesn't care what he believes, but they do care about public opinion and their bottom line. It's all about money.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

If you ever have a head on collision with the Cross of Christ you tell me how weak minded you feel then.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

jhn7537
reply to post by TheWrightWing

You don't have to answer every question you're asked. Some questions/answers are appropiate for interviews, others are not. He could have easily said "I really don't care to discuss religion today, next question"...

Or he could be a man, and answer the question honestly.
Or he could be a weenie and deny his basic religious beliefs.
Or he could be a weenie and lie.

I am sure there are many that would prefer he lie and claim how great homosexuality is and how his best friend is homosexual, and how he admires homosexuals everywhere.....

Such is the state of our Nation ....

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

He's not being "fired" for his beliefs. He's being fired because of what the consequences of his words will be. A&E doesn't care what he believes, but they do care about public opinion and their bottom line. It's all about money.

Then they may have made an error in thinking.
It is possible that their decision will cost them money instead of saving it.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

jhn7537

TheWrightWing

jhn7537
reply to post by TheWrightWing

You don't have to answer every question you're asked. Some questions/answers are appropiate for interviews, others are not. He could have easily said "I really don't care to discuss religion today, next question"...

Who are you to determine what is sufficiently appropriate to ask in an interview or not?

Would you pass a law outlining what interview topics are restricted?

Some of us are an open book, ask us what we think, and by God, we'll tell you.

I just responded with a point to yours that not every question asked needs an answer. Many celebrities refuse to touch certain topics or ask for the next question because religion, politics and money are typically topics that people have strong views on and tend to keep those to themselves... Pass a law? lol... you religious peeps sure are funny.... No I wouldn't pass a law, haha, but if I'm a celebrity (which I'm not) and going into an interview I would set certain parameters for the interview...

Politicians are good at that. Liars are good at that.
Some politicians will not allow themselves to be interviewed unless ALL the questions are totally softball questions without any substance, or they provide answers with no substance.
Men of character, not so good at that.

So...I have a choice: I can admire the politician, the liar or the man of character. Which one shall I admire? Which will you admire?

I think I know the answer....

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Leftists prefer to turn men into onesy-wearing cocoa sippers who welcome our Big Government overlords.

They actively target manly men to destroy the image of masculinity in the hopes of making that a thing of the past.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

WWJFKD
reply to post by jhn7537

If you are asking me as an individual I'll say what I always do - Do your thing man - I aint hatin ya. I'm just tired of seeing people face real consequences, financial, corrective, what have you consequences for speaking their mind. The effect it has had on this country is undeniable. Let the public decide. They can change the channel and nielsen will let the network know what the impact was.

edit on 20-12-2013 by WWJFKD because: (no reason given)

Agreed...

If people keep getting burnt for being honest and speaking their mind, pretty soon everyone will be a politician....or a liar. Wait...those are not mutually exclusive

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Don't shoot the messenger.....I thought this was too funny to not post.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Now that the Duck Dynasty Family is hinting at not wanting to do the show without Phil, it will be interesting to see how quickly A&E changes their tune. A&E are raking in the cash from this family. The Robertson Family do not need the cash as they were successful long before A&E came along (as mentioned by a few others). Regardless of what side of this you are on, it's in A&E's court to decide if they want to keep their PC face or loose a ton of money...it will all come down to money.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

I liked this one better:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

That's very clever.

I never knew there could so many lines of intersection

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

jhn7537

bbracken677

jhn7537

What's your point?

I do understand the difference between fiction and non-fiction... Do you? Because a lot of you sure are following a book of fiction...

Since you are so knowledgeable on the subject, perhaps you would care to provide absolute proof that the Bible is fiction?
Or would you rather clarify that that is your belief? (as you stated in a previous post)

I am 59, have an IQ in excess of 140 and I am retired with children, grandchildren, a wife and a dog...Those are my credentials regarding being able to discern fact from fiction. I can provide examples of biblical locations and individuals that have been proven in recent years as having existed, but the existence of God is a matter of faith.

I can also prove that the Bill of Rights provides for Religious Freedom (not freedom FROM religion), as well as being able to provide proof that the civil rights act finds that being fired for your religious beliefs is illegal.

So...I challenge you, since you made the bold claim: Prove the Bible is fiction.

Otherwise, quit proving your ignorance by stating an opinion as fact.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join