It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson: The Latest Victim of the PC Police

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Skyfloating
"If you want to know who is in power, find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire

Back in the day, when they found out you're a homosexual, you lost your job. Today, when they find out you're anti-homosexual, you lose your job. Despotism has jumped from the right to the left in the new Century. The Pendulum is now on the other side, as the victim slowly turns into perpetrator and the perpetrator slowly becomes the victim. Homosexuals are awakening from a slumber of many centuries where they were oppressed, beaten, abused, ridiculed...and boy are they pissed off. Brace yourselves Christians, for their rage is ancient.

Oh for Petes sake! You mean that little guy that does the wedding show is coming for blood? He seems like such a laid back sort.

Do you realize you just quoted Voltaire? You know that's a two way street here in this case. Besides we are not talking about being criticized but publically ostracized and censured. Let it go man. The gays can have their Persian Queer shows and Wedding Planer guy and the others can have DD and we can move along in a really free and divergent culture.

edit on 20-12-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

scolai
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Oh no ... the christians are being persecuted! Whatever will we do? I mean christians are constantly being killed, beaten, bullied for their beliefs to the point of suicide, and denied rights to equality because of their beliefs, right?

No. That's not the christians. Who was that?

Excuse me...have you ever looked overseas??? And yes, Christians are persecuted in this country all the time. In fact, this thread is exactly about that. You want free speech...you lose your job. How would you like expressing a view and being fired?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

KBadger
Divide and conquer, seems to be working as usual. Meanwhile the powers that be are doing some stuff they really don't want you to see...

We can not battle the government until we somewhat unite. The first step is to stop fighting each other and the first step of that process includes people stopping this stupid idea that they are special and deserve special treatment. If these selfish people can't get on board, we can not progress. The funny part is all we need to do is shut up and do our own thing. No one cares what you do if you don't force your views upon them. Just do nothing.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
This isn't the first time Phil has spoken out about homosexuals. CNN has a clip from a youtube video from 2010. I don't know how to do a direct link to the video but follow the links calls homosexuals heartless

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
Duck dynasty has received over a million hits in a day on the Facebook page calling for the boycotting of the network.

Just wanted to add that.

Yea I am not going to watch it.

Nor am I going to watch the A&E rendition, Mad Men, of sexually frustrated white male and females in the cooperate world. I mean wow! Lets explore the sexism, greed, racism, sexual dysfunction and do it at the expense of white male executives and call it good TV.

And then watch the same hypocrites toss a southern bible banger under the bus.

What a f'in joke!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

WeAreAWAKE

scolai

Oh no ... the christians are being persecuted! Whatever will we do? I mean christians are constantly being killed, beaten, bullied for their beliefs to the point of suicide, and denied rights to equality because of their beliefs, right?

No. That's not the christians. Who was that?

Excuse me...have you ever looked overseas??? And yes, Christians are persecuted in this country all the time. In fact, this thread is exactly about that. You want free speech...you lose your job. How would you like expressing a view and being fired?

You want to have the right to bash others and if you don't get it your somehow persecuted?

"They are insolent, arrogant, god haters, they are heartless, faithless, they are senseless, ruthless"
edit on 20-12-2013 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Duck Dynasty Family Will Most Likely ALL Walk Away
I don't think they give a rats backend about fame or money.
So A&E trying to dictate what they say and do won't work.
They'll walk away and not care ....
And A&E will have lost big $$$ ...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Don't begin your argument with a straw-man about "PC Police".

Nobody is impinging on him. He made an anti-gay sentiment out in the public forum of ideas and the broadcaster made a statement by firing his ass. You don't like it? Tough #, that's free speech.

People behave as though free speech is the capacity to say anything with no consequences and that just isn't the case. You're allowed to say what you want, and people are free to give you backlash. There's no "PC Police" out there systematically targeting anyone.

If you put a highly controversial statement out there then expect people to respond in kind. If you're afraid of the consequences then keep your mouth shut. He made some ignorant comments about gay people, and the broadcaster burned him. Too bad, so sad.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Can they say "I Do" everywhere?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

WeAreAWAKE

KBadger
Divide and conquer, seems to be working as usual. Meanwhile the powers that be are doing some stuff they really don't want you to see...

We can not battle the government until we somewhat unite. The first step is to stop fighting each other and the first step of that process includes people stopping this stupid idea that they are special and deserve special treatment. If these selfish people can't get on board, we can not progress. The funny part is all we need to do is shut up and do our own thing. No one cares what you do if you don't force your views upon them. Just do nothing.

Nobody is attacking his free speech in any capacity. He's free to continue with his anti-gay rhetoric. The broadcaster didn't prohibit him from saying anything.

But, he represents the companyies which fund the program, and they disagree with his anti-gay stance. Ergo, he's been fired. He can still go to any public space, stand on top a soapbox and voice his views about homosexuals. The broadcaster is not duty-bound to give him a platform from which to voice his views.

Corporations will fire you if you, as a representative, behave like an ignoramus. You can bet that if a McDonald's employee said "Being gay leads to bestiality and pedophilia" each time he handed someone their order, they would be gone by the end of the day. That's not about harming free speech, or the powers that be, or any other conspiratorial bull#. It's called being a competent business.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

This isn't about Christians being persecuted. It's about some halfwit who said some stupid stuff, and the company that funds him pulling the plug on him because he's too much of a liability.

Again, no one is persecuting his freedom of speech. He can still go to a public square and shout about how evil and depraved the gays are.

That doesn't mean that the broadcaster needs to provide him with a megaphone by which to spread his opinions.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
A&E, and TV in general, has been slowly circling the toilet anyway, regardless of the popularity that shows like Duck Dynasty have contributed. The baby formula crap which makes up 90% of 800 channels can't compete with whats coming down the internet pipe.

The only time anything vaguely relevant happens is when some personality says something provocative to stir up the viewers and it spills over into the consciousness of web browsers. Then everyone starts paying attention to see if he or she is going to get voted off the island.

Just like those old TV antennas that once graced every home, satellite dishes will also slowly begin to disappear because there are cheaper options online.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Tetrarch42

WeAreAWAKE

KBadger

Nobody is attacking his free speech in any capacity. He's free to continue with his anti-gay rhetoric. The broadcaster didn't prohibit him from saying anything.

But, he represents the companyies which fund the program, and they disagree with his anti-gay stance. Ergo, he's been fired. He can still go to any public space, stand on top a soapbox and voice his views about homosexuals. The broadcaster is not duty-bound to give him a platform from which to voice his views.

Corporations will fire you if you, as a representative, behave like an ignoramus. You can bet that if a McDonald's employee said "Being gay leads to bestiality and pedophilia" each time he handed someone their order, they would be gone by the end of the day. That's not about harming free speech, or the powers that be, or any other conspiratorial bull#. It's called being a competent business.

Freedom isn't free if you are persecuted for your beliefs and voicing them. Duh! Stifling someone's freedom of speech is removing the right to speech. Cut the BS and admit its true. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it needs to be changed. You are not that special.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

WeAreAWAKE

Tetrarch42

WeAreAWAKE

KBadger

Freedom isn't free if you are persecuted for your beliefs and voicing them. Duh! Stifling someone's freedom of speech is removing the right to speech. Cut the BS and admit its true. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it needs to be changed. You are not that special.

Again, freedom of speech does not mean you can state any opinion without consequence. For example, I think your opinion is asinine and you beliefs are weapons grade stupid. Am I persecuting your beliefs? Yes. Is you freedom of speech being damaged? No. You're free to voice your opinions, just as I'm free to reciprocate by critiquing those opinions.

A&E didn't prohibit him from saying anything. They cut him from the program because his ignorant views were harmful to the company. A&E is not a public space for anyone to voice their opinion, it is a broadcaster which intends to make money.

This man is still free to go to any public square and speak about his view on gay people.

If Jon Stewart went ton the Daily Show tomorrow and said "Boy am I glad those terrorists destroyed the Twin Towers because Americans are stupid and ugly" you can bet your ass he would be fired. Would you consider that free speech? Should he be allowed to keep his job after something like that?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
One Christian man loses a television personality job, hundreds of memes. (Now he's VERY popular! Imagine that! If it bleeds it leads). An entire GROUP of scientists dedicated to a field of science (who are trying to make peace and find common ground with Christians), threatened with violence, kidnapping, or blocking of research, done by Christians... ??? Where are THOSE memes? Well, here, I research it, so I'll share one, you're welcome. Surely this is not the first time you've heard about it!!! Surely the MEDIA blasted it from their Reality TV Shows, RIGHT? Surely you have personally researched both sides of the oppression, because you are a seeker of truth, right? I have to say that there is an inequality bias of oppression these religious folk have, seems to me. So from the side of the 'real' oppressed, I ask that this be shared by those who believe that the truth should be told and logically deduced. There shouldn't be absolute spamming of one (and probably staged) oppression and total silence of another, either. Y'all are seeing what you want to see. Because there doesn't seem to be much awareness or weighing of evidence to your resources either. That's probably (social media conditioned), intentional. And people from all sides know media can be a trickery. Mostly for your money or loyalty. I say game well played on the Media's side. Kevin Sorbo, did the same thing for his movie promo just recently. Whereas the Scientists are doing something for the good of all. Makes me wonder where the pieces truly lie... In fact with these two celebrities so closely related on the subject, I'm sure the media will have a lot more juicy dilemmas in the future. All the reality show, media consumers will look at 'other' with hatred and defiance. What a world.

www.fiamc.org...
strategicphilosophy.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
As was mentioned in previous posts, I'm not at all concerned about reality TV "stars" and their job status. People on TV get fired for whatever reason management comes up with, news anchors make dumb remarks, sports announcers make racist remarks, blah, blah.......

Someone on TV opens their mouth, words come out, and in this case the person is fired from their job. It's not like someone in private making a statement, it's a person that apparently has followers and is known as a celebrity. With that comes great responsibility to oneself, to decide what you want people to hear as the words come out of your mouth. None of us can convince the person's boss to reconsider: that he's really a great guy, or what he really meant was (fill in the blanks).

None of this has any impact on any of us. I have never seen this show, nor do I plan to watch any time in the future. I'm guessing this show is about a family of duck hunters? And one of the lead characters talked about gays and sinning? Really?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
But it's okay for Ellen to sit on national television and make remarks about straight people, flirt on purpose with straight people to garner a reaction from them and their audience, to air filthy jokes and videos which are offensive. I guess it depends on what network you contract with and what they will tolerate. You see, I change the channel if I don't like what's on. I don't raise a fuss and tell the network that Ellen offends me, so fire her. (personally, i think her show should be on late at night due to the sexual content)

Same goes for Phil. If you don't like him, change the channel, but no, let's just fire him. He should not have a show, because he doesn't like gay people.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
What's very telling is that gays, city people, whoever--can say some of the nastiest things about southerners, or hillbillies, and not one word is said about it. Now that the tables have turned, we see how it works. Our country has went to # and is lead by the morally bankrupt.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

WeAreAWAKE

Tetrarch42

WeAreAWAKE

KBadger

Indeed.
Also, freedom of religion is even more appropriate.
It is the govt's duty to preserve an individual's right to worship. He stated religious views, and was terminated for it. This, to me, is a civil rights case that should be won hands down by Phil should he choose to pursue it.

He paraphrased the Bible which states that homos are sinners. I believe it is also Christian Dogma that all of humanity are sinners. This too is stated in the Bible. It is sheer ignorance to believe that is not the case.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Fylgje
What's very telling is that gays, city people, whoever--can say some of the nastiest things about southerners, or hillbillies, and not one word is said about it. Now that the tables have turned, we see how it works. Our country has went to # and is lead by the morally bankrupt.

Reminds one of the fall of Rome and what preceded that fall. Seems that we are following in the steps of many civilizations of the past.

I dont really see what Phil said as being particularly denigrating to gays.

If he had chosen to single out my demographic group as sinners, I would have to agree.

I think this whole "how dare you say anything the least bit negative about gays" attitude and backlash as absolutely disingenuous. The PC police are running rampant and it is clear that this and other campaigns are nothing more than an attempt at mind control of the masses. Browbeat us into submission.

It seems that, no matter how true, one cannot make a negative statement regarding gays or blacks. NO MATTER NOW TRUE!! Seems that facts are irrelevant. Granted...one's definition of sin is subjective and not objective, therefore not factually based, however the statement (regarding facts need not apply) is true.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join