It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk and lonely need advice from you lovely folk.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by wtbengineer

At the time of that date I looked after old folk, and now I look after people with learning disabilities

Not well payed and I have to wipe bums

Oh cheers all so far

i work with the elderly while i study are you my male equivalent haha

link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Picking the wrong women who want to duff me up for being 20 mins late for tea lol, thats where I went wrong

Trust me, I am 50 ish and done gone thru two. I am not trying to pick on you at all! Maybe you should look at why you are lonely and weigh out the pros and cons of having a cuddle buddy. Sometimes in our society today, we allow the norm and the expectations of what it means to be normal to cause us more problems in our lives than we actually need......

link   

Drunk posting. Been there, done that.

Try on-line dating.

Sounds like meeting women at clubs hasn't been too lucky.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

boymonkey74

My pals all say go on a online dating site but for some reason It just screams desperate to me, so any advice?

You are online asking for dating advice right now. If that doesn't feel desperate, why would a dating site?

My vote for you would be for a dating site. If I found myself single and lonely at my age, I would definitely go to a dating site. At your age, all of the forced social interactions like school and clubs are no longer present so there are very valid reasons to reach out online to replace those structures.

No shame in it. At all.

link   
Never went to a bar before marriage. Do now.

link   

That was your problem the first time. Picking the wives up from the bars. Never ends well. Sorry you were battered. Eventually, you'll find the right person.

Try MMORPG games. I think I may have found mine after 10 years.

That's how long I've been single.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Akragon

Like my avatar

Well ya kinda... Last time I went to a club there was teenagers running around my legs just like kitties...

I can't stand clubs anymore... bars are alright, at least theres a pool table and I can pick the music

Find a bar with a band... Those are like cat nip for cool women

edit on 7-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

What you do for a living; helping the disabled is one of the most honorable professions on the planet.

Drunk and lonely now but it will pass and there is a special someone in your future. Believe it!!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Diabolical

Thing is all 3 at the time I ran the bars lol.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Oh dreaded loneliness!

Yep, we have all been there, my suggestion would be to find support before you look for a mate. I have been single for a very long time (2 years) and were the same age, its frustrating after a while not to take it personal and thats when we tend to find the wrong person.

The drinks are making it more obvious, but I promise you things will get better. I wont go to a bar, and I want drink and message on FB, I know those are gonna bite me on the a$$ later on, but I am thinking about asking some family or friends to suggest their single friends, to me it seems safer, I guess its the paranoia in me to meet stranger.

I wish you the best of luck, things will get better, there is someone out there that is thinking exactly what your writing, so its not so bad, just wait for the right time

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
All great advice
cheers all

Already regreting the thread but If I can't embarrass meself on ATS where else can I do it

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Any advice or just loling at me?

Lets order a pizza!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by leopardpimps

You single?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Only If you are paying I have 5 quid to last me 7 days

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Thats the problem though Iam fine when sober but after the pub I get all down and lonely

Another problem is the last date I had she was disgusted about what I did for a living and when she learnt how much I was on she didn't want to know so I left calling her an elitist bitch lol.

You just answered your own question mate, dont go to the pub

Worked for me!

Now Im sober, lonely and miserable! Haha

But seriously, i know what you mean. Im gunna trap a Scotish student who needs a visa and marry her hehe its the only way i fear.. it was her idea too
until she said she wad just kidding..then it became MY idea Oo

Lol

*hides chains and ball gag behind his back*

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

i am haha

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Give up booze? wish I could but I am from the north of the UK, it's in me veins.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

boymonkey74
Ok many know me here and may know a bit about my past but for those who don't I have been married 3 times twice a battered husband and the last one just lied and took everything and I vowed not to bother again but in times like this (a wee bit drunk) I miss the company of a partner, so I have decided to try and date again.
I have women at work asking me out but they are too young (Iam 39) and I remember what 20 years olds were like when I was that age and I don't think I can go through all that again.
My pals all say go on a online dating site but for some reason It just screams desperate to me, so any advice? should I try a online dating site? or go back to the bars and clubs where I met all my other partners?
Drunk btw and I will regret this tmr

Nothing wrong with your brain, and you're heart is good

My advice (and I've done it) go out with the 20somethings...it may be, that in thier company you will meet the person who is out with a 20something for the same reason...network strategy...but if you don't do it, you never will...

The 'date' isn't a contract to marry and live confused ever after...go out and get drunk with someone else (20something, or not) you'll feel waaay less lonely.

Å99

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
i am 25 come get drunk with me we can moan about been single if anything

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Taking akushas advice
sure where you at?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>