It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father disowns daughter in epic letter when she kicks out her gay son

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by fenson76

I have never approved of birth control. It is as unnatural as the homosexuals. That is my belief, go ahead and judge me for it.

Sigh....

There sure is some "Judging" going on around here that's for damn sure.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I hate when people bring up the fact that gays are born gay. Don't get me wrong, he's absolutely right (I've been guilty of using it as a justification itself), but can give people the impression that if being gay was choice that all of this would all be justified. Good on him though. How did they get the letter though?

silo13
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

The grandfather is a hypocrite.

Exactly.
He doesn’t like what her choices so he disowns her because she doesn’t like her sons choices?
What a freakin’ hypocrite he is. Sounds to me like ‘Grandpa’ just wanted his name in the paper.

As for Mom? Guess what folks? Sometimes a parent has to take the hard road. Chose the path that isn’t politically correct. Chose what’s right for themselves and their child. If this is the stance the woman is taking - as a parent - right or wrong more power to her.

peace

But that isn't hypocritical. She kicked out her son over his "choice", because she believed that it was bad. He disowned her over her choice, because it shows that she is hurtful, narrow-minded and backward (his words, but I figured I use them too since they're appropriate). To say that's he's a hypocrite is just simple minded.

Also, it would be nice if people didn't use politically correct as a front for bigotry. If you're going to hate someone, atleast own up to it. Hiding behind buzzwords is just cowardly. Call this decision what it is, bigoted.
edit on 4-10-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Wow, maybe hope for humanity after all.

Thanks for sharing.

Won't be long before a new war or a spy program or a terrorist organization or random shooting overshadows this little bit of good news by ten-fold.

Oh tongue firmly in cheek.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

She did the right thing, she didn't want a Gay son!!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by mOjOm

Again I will say this since you apparently read whatever you wanted from my post instead of what I said.
Homosexuals and their supporters have major chips on their shoulders and are constantly looking for someone to be judging them. If you look for judgement you will find it, in fact that is all you will find. My ex friend assumed that because I was not an Nobama fan that I hated him being gay. That surprised me because usually when a white male does not like Nobama everyone immediately pulls the race card. "You don't like him because you are racist!"
Do you see where I'm coming from ? I'm also assuming that you have never met a child, or teenager that has lied or stretched the truth have you ? "Grandpa, mom kicked me out of the house!!!!" "Why did she do that ", "BECAUSE I'M GAY!!!!"
Whateva

I'd sue his butt.

He did what he thought was right | The mother did she thought was right. A belief is like a marriage, proudly bound til end-times, and they both took actions for what they believed in. Yes, it is my opinion to disagree with her decision, but it's a fact that some people are afraid of their beliefs.

Society is shifting towards an atmosphere of acceptance towards homosexuals, people like her should be voicing their beliefs instead of remaining enigmatic towards the outside world, (i.e., Bounding their intolerance to a household) after all, this is America, right? Assuming she loathed homosexuals openly within the boundary of her own home (Evident of fabulous chads misfortune), sheathing her boom-stick before setting foot outside, leaving her beliefs locked at the door like a fed-up gucci house maid. In other words, If you're afraid to make waves, then you should abandon any idea of leaping into a pool

Christian Voice

Let me ask this,,,,, How did the letter make it onto the internet and why ? Who's business is it ? Some may argue that the mother was wrong well I argue that the grandfather was wrong and whoever put that private note online. I'm sure his daughter didn't do it.

And why not? It's his letter, and he's informing others that shes "Intolerable" so they'll get a fix on what her "Beliefs" on homosexuals are. Shouldn't she be proud of her beliefs? Shouldn't she be willing to jump onto the pan and into the fire for her beliefs? Some people live hard lives due to their beliefs, why shouldn't she?

Christian Voice

I'd sue his butt.

edit on 4-10-2013 by QuantumDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Kudos to this grand father. Sorry his daughter turned out to be such an ignoramus.

from the grandfather: “He was born this way and didn’t choose it more than he being left-handed,” he wrote. “

One should consider all possibilities. As a parent your love for a child never ceases, however. There are certain limits. If under my roof my child continues with dangerous behaviour ( not talking homosexuality here ) I reserve the right to question and if on the serious side remove my child from home with the caveat : as long as my behaviour will not lead my child to be homeless or hungry on the street or fall into the clutches of opportunists.

The jury is still out on whether "`he didnt choose it any more than left handnessness. And i have seen left handessness discouraged from a young age resulting in one of my children using the right.

No one condones a return to the "hellfire and damnation" mentality of religious intolerance by Fundamentalists of any religion.

However on a site like ATS it borders in hypocrisy that not enough do research to see the many sources that prove that the acceptance and rise to ascendancy in power of minorities is playing out to an agenda.
One need only to look at sexuality of children in advertising, music videos, makeup to make them look “sexy” .
Where is all this fresh meat for the deviants coming from if not from the media and the parents and society in general?
I know I will be flamed for the above but stop and think for a second who or what benefits from “children turned into adults” Slave traders where any age is young enough to be in factories, paedophiles where younger is better, The Elite where their every desire for is rationalized and justified in their minds as “normal” as everyone in society accepts it. I’m sorry but we are on a downhill slope.

lets dig deeper, from the same website
www.rawstory.com...

So because a Uni receives funding from the State in the pursuit of secular education it cannot bar a student who didn’t have the courage of their conviction to be honest.
“First of all, she didn’t commit fraud,” said Keisling. “Second, that wasn’t their motivation. Their motivation was that they found out they had a transgender student, so they came up with an insulting, hare-brained excuse to expel her.”
“This is a student who has excelled at her pursuits,” Keisling continued, “and they saw that and they accepted her. And then they found out this thing about her and bizarrely, rather than be excited that their students are being visible, they overreacted.”

So if he/she was such an excellent person why lie about your sex? You can’t have it both ways. Ah but minorities lawyers and crybabies know how to play the system very well. They know their rights but offer little in accepting personal responsibility when not in their interest.
Heres how it plays out
www.christianpost.com...

According to the Court, Christian photographer Elane Huguenin violated New Mexico's "non-discrimination" law by politely declining to photograph a same-sex commitment ceremony. Although the lesbian couple that brought the complaint easily found another photographer, Elane Photography now must pay nearly $7,000 in court costs for merely exercising her First Amendment rights.
The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution was put in place to prevent exactly what the New Mexico Supreme Court has done: using the strong arm of government to force citizens to advocate (not just tolerate) ideas and behaviors that contradict their religious or moral convictions. Forcing people to support same sex weddings or commitment ceremonies is forcing them to advocate same sex behaviour.
The First Amendment protects not only the right to free speech, but also the right not to be coerced into speech. Former Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, Warren Burger wrote,
To what level does society have to back over backwards to accommodate diversity but more importantly should it be milked like a cash cow?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I usually do not reply to these kinds of threads anymore, as the people who feel "being gay is an abomination to god yadda-yadda." Bull spit they spew is beyond me. No matter what arguments you raise against them, they will still fall back on their primitive belief system. They will start talking about how they know god, and what he said! Sure bub, and I am the queen of England.

Faith keeps them strong, and that is fine. But when their god does nothing about these "gays" he hates what then? What has he done so far? I have not seen any sort of plague befell the homosexual community. Well if you count HIV, but that was a man made thing, so that doesn't count. At any rate leave these miserable folks to their beliefs about gays and birth-control alone. They don't have any real power anymore when it comes to making laws. Most get laughed at from the people who keep an open mind on certain things, and while some people are.. weirded out by two men kissing in public or two women. It doesn't make it wrong or a sin. It is what both of those peoples bodies are naturally inclined to do. They do not choose to be gay anymore than you got to pick your eye color when you were born.

Having said my peace, I hope that someday these people who choose to believe that being gay is an abomination against god etc etc. Stick to their guns, if it is something they truly are against then good for them. But, don't hurt others in the process, it does not help your "fight" or what have you. It only makes you look more primitive, and it will give others who do not feel the same, even more reason to cast you out of society.

Also. This always cracks me up!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fenson76

So your wife takes birth control meds to prevent her from being in pain ? That's odd. By your reasoning God made the men that do stem cell research, he made the men that created the atomic bomb, he made the men that do chemical and biological weapons, so what's your point ?
I have never heard of a case where something as unnatural as birth control was absolutely needed for pain prevention.
Very very odd indeed.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gr1ill3d

Your link = OMG!

Just checking out the comparisons was awesome. The last was certainly unexpected but makes the point quite well. In fact you could replace that message with any one of the rediculous notions that somehow we are so special.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 4-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Though don't know the context of the whole situation, he may have been more than gay, he may have been disrespectful, angry druggie doing illicit acts day by day hiding out and taking advantage under the guise of the mother's reputation.

Don't know the context really, now the son can move on and go somewhere he isn't resented or hysterically avoided.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by bigman88

Thank you very much for that. It is typical on here because of my screen name that homosexuals and atheists come out of the woodwork to debate me. They get downright hateful about it as well. Constantly spouting out names like hate mongur (whatever that is), bigot, idiot, hater, evil (of all things). Mommy and Daddy have gone out of town and left the children alone and the children are talking themselves and each other into some serious sins.

When I was a child I actually went to church, because this was how it was and this is what my parents wanted. Only becoming an adult made me realize what christianity (at least some of them) REALLY IS.

So don't you believe that it needs a childish mind to disagree with your point of view. Not having any relationship to christianity whatsoever [anymore], EXCEPT that I was born "catholic" (what bizarre thing, but it is the truth, I was BORN an effing catholic)...it's people like you which make me ashamed to belong to this group of people even if only "on paper". I should do the same thing my dad did, leave church. Then the mark of shame being branded "RC" on some of my legal documents would be gone.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Not odd.
Birth control can be used in the treatment of endometriosis.

edit on 4-10-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

But shouldn't we(you) leave the judging to god? Tolerance?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

You would first have to discover the powerful influence that entertainment media has on youth in order to comprehend the answer to your last question.

Directly make him gay? Most likely not. Shift and mold his views and ideals to possibly influence his decisions about sexual orientation? Yep...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Jesus commanded his disciples to judge or rebuke. He commanded us to discern right from wrong.
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." Matthew 7:15
"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment"
John 7:24
"Why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right? "(Luke 12:57).
"And he said unto him, Thou hast RIGHTLY judged" (Luke 7:43). Speaking of Simon
"Them that sin REBUKE BEFORE ALL, that others also may fear." 1 Timothy 5:20
"This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;" [Notice this is aimed towards Christians.]
(Titus 1:13)

re·buke
[ri-byook] Show IPA verb, re·buked, re·buk·ing, noun

verb (used with object)
to express sharp, stern disapproval of; reprove; reprimand.

noun
sharp, stern disapproval; reproof; reprimand.
Jesus told his disciples that we are the salt of the Earth, it is our duty to flavor the Earth (spread his word)
"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. Matthew 5:13
His word is filled with far more than "Love thy Neighbor as thyself"
Jesus said that he did not come to change the Law (Old Testament Law)
Part of that law stated homosexuality was a abominous sin, I'll explain a bit more
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. Matthew 5:17

Unlike other sins, homosexuality has a heavy judgment administered by God Himself upon those who commit it - and support it. This judgment is simple in that those who practice it are given over to their passions - which means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins.

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error," (Rom. 1:26-27).

As a result, they can no longer see the error of what they are doing. They will not seek forgiveness. They will die in their sins and face God's holy condemnation. But, that isn't all. In addition to the judgment of being given over to their sin, those involved in it also promote it and condemn others who don't approve of their behavior.

"...and, although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them," (Rom. 1:32).

So, in their hearty approval of homosexuality they encourage others to be trapped in their sinfulness. This means they will reject Christ's redemptive work on the cross. Without Jesus, they will have no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, they will have no salvation. Without salvation, there is only damnation in eternal hell. We don't want this for anyone.

But why, you ask, didn’t Jesus speak directly against homosexuality? Simply put, He assumed the moral tenets of the Mosaic law, as did the people He spoke to. He also didn’t directly speak against bestiality, genocide, child molestation, or gang rape because these things were assumed, based on the Mosaic Law, to be sinful. You cannot separate His teaching from its Old Testament backdrop. His every word, He said, has its anchor and meaning in the Old. It is true that Jesus said that the Great Commandment was to “love God and love others” (Matthew 22:37-38) but note that He said in that same passage that that “Great Commandment” was the summation of the OT law. In other words, the OT law was an expression of what it looked like to love God and love others. “Love God and love others” was an abbreviated version of what the OT law gave in longer form.

See God says that homosexuals hearts will harden and they will defend their sins and condemn anyone that disagrees with them.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

Exactly. The entertainment industry is pushing their agenda down our throats at every turn.
Case in point
www.change.org...
idiots are now even trying to force Sesame Street to show this perversion.
www.bpnews.net...
Postcards From Buster and The Simpsons are getting onboard, Family Guy, Friends, Scrubs, you will be hard pressed to find a television show or movie that does not have some form of homosexuality shown in it.

Those of us with morals and are God fearing Christians are being FORCED to accept something that we do not agree with. Oh the hypocrisy!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by palmalBlue2

The hormones found in some birth control meds is used for treatment. The birth control aspect of it is not intended. Birth control meds are one means of administering the hormones however
The success of the BCP for treatment of endometriosis is not as effective as with other hormone drug treatment. Many women find they have problems with break-through bleeding on the BCP, and some say it does not get rid of the pain symptoms.
www.endo-resolved.com...

Give me another one

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

See God says that homosexuals hearts will harden and they will defend their sins and condemn anyone that disagrees with them.

God didn't say anything, the bible did. Which was written by man. So your whole point just became irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gr1ill3d

Says you, I would imagine a few billion Christians in this world would disagree with you. But hey I guess you are just more enlightened than the billions currently and billions previously.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join