It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father disowns daughter in epic letter when she kicks out her gay son

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
As I read this thread the first thing that comes to mind, especially the Christian Soldiers is.....

What a bunch of hypocrites!

God's position? ?

Religious people seem to choose what works for their particular agenda and use "God's word" to brainwash the next generation.

I was born, raised and went to a christian school in my formative years, fortunately critical thinking allowed me to see hypocrisies, and circular argumentation within religion.

Circular argumentation is when one passage in a religious text points to another to prove its point, in the end it's plain insanity.

CX

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm still trying to work out why many Christians are against gays when God supposedly created us all? If you want to hate someone, look upwards, not at his alleged creations.

I'm not a man of prayer but i might say a little one for the day when man does not judge another man for their lifestyle choice.

In my unimportant opinion, it's very much like the old saying, "What Sally says about Suzy, says more about Sally than Suzy."

CX.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

for real? how primitive.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

That goes for all of us

Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

What I am going to say is not going to be popular don't we all judge the Christians or Jews or Muslims for their opinion.

Just pointing that out.

Everyone is judging someone, for judging someone.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

she did right thing.

She did the right thing in kicking out her gay son?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

she did right thing.

She did the right thing in kicking out her gay son?

Although I disagree with the fact she kicked out her gay son, has anyone heard from her?

He is so young.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

My God, yesterday I argued with people on here that said a 6 yr old child should be permitted to gender reassign themselves. People said it is good to engourage sexual expression in children. These are the same people on here tonight.

Which part offends you? The age or the gender reassigment?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

BTW I don't think a six year old should have a gender reassignment.

where is that thread?

edit on 103131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

the fathers a moron
people are not born gay
She did the right thing

Here's a post I want you to look at. Seeing as how self-righteous piety seems to be your flavor, there's a whole list of God-codes you've indubitably violated.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
We've been trying to kick out our gay son for years. Not because he's gay, because he's 23 and lazy. See, just like others his age.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

intrepid
We've been trying to kick out our gay son for years. Not because he's gay, because he's 23 and lazy. See, just like others his age.

Awwww, I think there is a problem with families not being tribal like they should be, extend family, living together three four generations, that is the cause of the break down of our western society.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Which bits are the infallible words of God? The ones that Emperor Constantine bribed various church leaders to accept, so-as to have a single canon that could be used as the word of God? The grumpy totalitarian 'sacrifice your son to show how much you love me' God, or the 'turn the other cheek' incarnation speaking through Jesus?

By the way, if you believe God forbids homosexuality, I hope you don't play football as it is forbidden to handle the skin of the pig. I also hope you never ever gossip, wear polyester (blends are verboten), wear gold, or eat shellfish. While we're at it, I hope that when you are in Church if you see a woman speaking, you tell her to shut up as the Bible specifically says women should not speak in Church. There are plenty more, but I'll conclude with a couple more items true Christian men must be vigilant about - always check if a woman is menstruating, as it is not permitted to speak to any females in such a condition, and finally as Leviticus 19:27 states, remember to allow one's beard to grow, as shaving is also a sin in the eyes of the Lord.

Isn't it enlightening to learn just how many things are forbidden in the Bible? It seems almost like 'Sharia law', but obviously growing up in the Middle East, among Christians and Jews, it hardly seems possible that Mohammed would know the religious laws common to these 2 faiths, and incorporate them into the Koran? Doesn't seem very likely now, does it?
edit on 4-10-2013 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's not until I come to threads like these that
I see so many backward people crawling out of the
woodwork.

I cannot fathom how a parent could kick their
child out and disown them for being gay. That
is YOUR child and NO amount of GOD is going
to make them straight! As much as you all
would like to, you can't PRAY gay away!

How about you not judge what your god
created, and be thankful that your god
gave you a beautiful child to love and
care for?

Some people are born ignorant.
Some people chose to be ignorant.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
A religion that tells people to shun family members is a cult. A parent who turns their back on their own child is committing a sin against God's gift of creation. If a "religion" tells you to turn your back on family members then you should reevaluate everything they say, or better yet you should run from these false prophets. I bet this woman is also a believer in the lie of the pretrib rapture and ignorant of the fact that the tribulation has already begun.

And for those of you who judge this child or this woman or her father, who are you to question God and how he is testing these people? What makes you think that you can sit in judgment of God's plan or interfere with God's creation?

What will be, will be
He who is without sin, cast the first stone....

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Christian Voice

With that said I don't see that happening though. He is being raised in a Loving Christian home with both parents who show each other Love every single day. He does not ever have to wonder if his parents Love each other and does not have to wonder if we Love him. He is not bombarded constantly by sexual crap on TV as we rarely watch TV and if we do it is very family friendly programming. He is not bombarded by the perverse entertainment industry at all as we monitor very closely what he watches. Everytime you turn on the idiot box or put a movie in the gay agenda is shoved down our dang throats. So we rarely watch tv and are very selective on our movies. We also are very careful of those he surrounds himself with. (You are who you associate with),,, lie with dogs and come up with fleas.
Now, LET THE CHRISTIAN BASHING BEGIN.......

I think you are ignorant to what causes homosexuality.

You also mistake a differing of opinion to 'Christian bashing'

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

*IF* one of your kids was gay, I doubt they'd ever tell you after reading how you'd respond.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

starfoxxx

wiser3
reply to post by silo13

Choices????? CHOICES????? What choice did the son have in being gay? Please cite fact and NOT FICTION!
Even IF you are born gay you DO make a choice to ACT on it and ENGAGE in homosexual sex unless you were raped .Get a grip.
edit on 4-10-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

That seems pretty #'ed up for the "loving Christian God" to give life to a human and make them gay, only to tell them to never act upon their natural, God-given instincts.

If that's your God, then I want nothing to do with him.

EDIT TO ADD:

And if gay sex is a sin, and sins are forgiven ... what's the big deal? I might as well go around doing whatever the hell I want, with whoever I want without remorse until right before I die. Or at least once a month in case I get into an accident, then my "sin quota" should be pretty low.

I mean, that *IS* what Christianity preaches, right? As long as you repent for your sins and accept Jesus into your heart as your Lord and Savior?

There's a reason my Grandfather said this about Catholics, "Cross around the neck, dice in the hand".
edit on 4-10-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

These are the same people utilizing unnatural machines to converse with their friends, check their social networking accounts, and traverse to work every day. Machines that contribute to pollution and degrade the quality of human interaction by substitution a live connection for a digital one. Machines that we spend more time with than we do with our kids. I mean, if w're going to talk about unnatural things, why not bring up all of the useful little gadgets that were made, not grown? All of the little devices and services that occupy time better spent discussing the Lord with random people on the street, or praying with friends as a barbecue. But a small and insignificant thing like homosexuality is just way too unnatural for them to grasp. You can be homosexual and still worship. That's one up on the Ipad or the television. But people don't care about that. Why? Because to accept homosexuality would be selfless. Selfless without reward. Setting aside your feelings for someone else's happiness. That's just too much to ask, because it's too darn selfless.

What do you guys think of that theory?
edit on 4-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Totally wild thread. For a site with people who are willing to believe in conspiracy theories but don't have the open-mindedness to believe all people should be treated equally, I am just simply floored.

Christianity is quickly becoming ever more irrelevant in the pursuit towards world peace and human evolution. This thread is a great reminder of that.

The grand-father was very practical in his approach, and offered his daughter a way to reconcile her actions. Life is precious, there's no excuse to devalue another's life, ESPECIALLY your own child.

Unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Please don't take this as "Christian Bashing" As i myself am a Christian. A Catholic in fact. I'm just trying to get my head around what you said.

You'd love your gay child but tell them you are not happy with them being gay. What if they told you they had been gay all their lives? When your partner/wife gave birth to your child, that she gave birth to a gay person. I mean, is this a case of blame? Or just a fear of God?

If i had a gay child, i personally wouldn't care. I'm not 100% comfortable with homosexuality, and im not going to lie and say that i am. But i don't believe those people have a choice. You or i did not choose our sexual orientation... Why would they? Would you condemn a person for being born disabled? a different skin color? I'd certainly hope not. Society has got to a point where that is no longer the norm. It's bit by bit, and eventually i'm sure being born homosexual will no longer be widely thought to be the persons "fault" or choice.

I'm certainly religious to an extent. I have my faith. But do i take the Bible's word literally? No. I think that would be a misguided move. The bible we read is NOT the bible we were supposed to read. It's principles and morals are certainly still valuable and, to an extent the Bible is a good guide for life. I hold my faith close to me, and i will do forever.

However, I dislike the cherry picking that goes on with the Bible. I'm sure you've committed sin in relation to what the bible tells us. I don't believe homosexuality is even definitively mentioned is it? I don't know, i haven't read much on that subject.

Put it this way. My Grandmother, who is 86 years young, has pretty much the same beliefs as me. As does my mother. They have been Catholics all their life, go to church every weekend and pray every night. They are "hardcore" Catholics
. Do they believe Homosexuality is a sin? No... why? Because even with their dedication they know not to take the Bible and every word it has written in it 100% literally. It's about common sense in my opinion.

It's all about knowing, within yourself, right from wrong. I think you're probably a good person. A person who clearly believes in God and im sure has good moral values. But, like many, have been misguided by religion, that was set up by MAN not GOD. Have your faith in God, it's great and powerful. But just remember what Religion is and who runs it.

Yes, that's me saying that. A firm believer in God and born and raised a Catholic. I guess it's just the extent people take their faith.....
edit on 4-10-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join