It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto and Big Food Pull Out the Big Guns

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
*spoiler alert*

Monsanto wins, and in many years this religious food movement will shift to something else and everyone will forget about it.

What is your problem exactly? Not surprised Monsanto supporters would lay the "religious" charge around for people who don't like Monsanto. Because all those people are uneducated, "God-delusional" ignoramuses, right?

Also, what's this crap you keep saying about "Organic". Did you know there is Organic, Treated Crops and Monsanto-based "Transgenic". You don't need to have organic crops in order to have no "transgenic". Off topic, but if you think organic is expensive, then stop shopping at expensive markets. "Whole Foods" and such are premium markets.

You're doing everything you can to separate Monsanto opposition into little adhominem categories.

Monsanto and their "special supporters" are trying to use "linguistic minimalism" to fight their battles. Essentially just working around the definitions of words, merging them and removing the use of certain terms to muddle up the language used. Making sure there is a limited pool of terms, that are "catch-all" and inventing new words when necessary.
edit on 8-8-2013 by guymontag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Ok, took a peek. Here is a winner!

We believe the harm in mandating labeling for GMO food, just because it is a GMO food,
is that such a label would convey to consumers that foods made from the farmers’ crops grown
with our seeds are less safe, less nutritious or somehow different from conventional or organic food.

Well...ummmm....Yeeesss! Brilliant decuction there: so says the giant chemical companies.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

As soon as someone produces a peer reviewed study that shows GMOs are less nutritious or somehow different from conventional or organic food I will fall in line with the herd of others that are against them.

Even though I have looked on my own I haven’t seen such a study nor has anyone linked to one for me to read. Once there is adequate proof then I will join the herd but not until then.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by guymontag

What is your problem exactly? Not surprised Monsanto supporters would lay the "religious" charge around for people who don't like Monsanto. Because all those people are uneducated, "God-delusional" ignoramuses, right?

Well when you are making fantastic claims that are not based on science or facts than that is closer to religion than anything else.

Off topic, but if you think organic is expensive, then stop shopping at expensive markets. "Whole Foods" and such are premium markets.

I don't shop at any of those places because i don't support them. When did i say i did?

You're doing everything you can to separate Monsanto opposition into little adhominem categories.

Monsanto and their "special supporters" are trying to use "linguistic minimalism" to fight their battles. Essentially just working around the definitions of words, merging them and removing the use of certain terms to muddle up the language used. Making sure there is a limited pool of terms, that are "catch-all" and inventing new words when necessary.

Not really, just using solid logic. Someone else who was barely able to string a sentence together started the idea that im just picking apart words and the other automatons just jumped on bored. I have just presented solid arguments with the occasional ad hominem thrown in when the stupid was just too great to not point out.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

R E M I N D E R

Remember, this thread is about Monsanto and Big Food, not ATS members or their personalities. Good discussion, even passionate discussion -- GREAT!

I Don't Agree with YOU

Courtesy is Mandatory

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Honestly, I don't see any assumptions there.

Like chemtrails, like fluoridation, like vaccinations, GMO's are gonna kill us all. Apparently.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I said,

Originally posted by Hollie

GMO'ers have no care about our crops cross pollinating with GMO's. Why don't they even consider that?

And then you said,

Becuase i don't care about it, why would they care?

So lets see how many times you call me stupid or dumb, and then when where you get to telling me that my children are stupid. It seems to be your defense mechanism LOL

One.

That makes you a stupid hypocrite.

Well you didn't call me stupid here, but you think I am handicapped and you are right. I am missing a leg so I won't count this one. But my handicap has nothing to do with what I "believe".

I truly feel that you believe in what you post which is why I feel that you are handicapped.

Two, and three. This is also where you say my children inherited "stupidness" . You also exclaim that I am handicapped again.

All i can hope for is that you do not have any children so that that this hereditary stupidness cannot go on any longer. I honestly think you are stupid because of a biological handicap and i cannot hold that against you

Four.

Its funny because you are so dumb that i had to go down to this level just for you. You are still right and i am wrong but wow... I really hope you don't have any kids that respect anything you say

And five.

Not at all, i have given enough valid arguments and it was clear that hollie was too dumb to keep up

You cannot convince a home food grower to see your views, so this is how you behave? You, as a person, or your thoughts, are not pertinent to this topic. You do not care about GMO's to which I quoted. We want them labeled on foods, and we want our seeds and soil protected. I do not want contaminated pollinaters over here in my gardens. This thread has a plethora of valid informationals in it with science backing it up, and it was CLEARLY started by someone who wants to provide as much knowledge to the readers as possible, that way they can make informed decisions.

Anyway, as "stupid" as it may be, I am making you a "rival" LOLOL. Mainly because I am immature and really cannot stand you.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

I said i don't care about cross pollination, was there a point you were trying to make?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Hollie

I said i don't care about cross pollination, was there a point you were trying to make?

That you don't care! Duh.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie

reply to post by Hollie

That you don't care! Duh.

I know i don't care about cross pollination, i said it after all. What do you think you are accomplishing here?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

You should it's a big issue for Murdersanto...

Again they have lawsuits pending over cross pollination going on, on non-Monsonto farms...

But hey, they are innocent
, and Superhans has dodged this one for pages now...

He don't care though...

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Hey Superhans

*Waves hand*

These are the GMOs you're looking for.

I'd pay to watch you eat GMO corn... You work Murdersanto so you won't. You know what goes on our veggies. Right?

Funny thing is my father is a gastro-surgeon, he says that hormonal imbalance is cause by the GMO hormones that are placed in cows and pigs, and most of all poultry.

My old man has told me that anything that is GMO is not only harmful, but very deadly to the body. But hey you you can believe a shill who is paid by Murdersanto, or you can believe a actual MD, who spent years studying the abdominal region...

Keep shillin' "Superhans".

-SAP-
edit on 9-8-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I think, i can see what you're doing here. In reality you're extremely pro anti-GMO and by pretending to shill for Genfood companies, insulting posters and being overall irrational, you're making 'your side of the fence' look really bad. Very clever!

Phage is doing the same thing over at his thread, his approach is more subtle, tho. But it seems to work quite well.
Keeps people on their toes. Thanks for your efforts.

edit on 9-8-2013 by talklikeapirat because: was this sarcasm?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

ETA: some of their attempts at obscurification are
pretty clever, though maybe not clever enough for those in this thread.

This is a non encrypted ongoing discussion about the PR campaign
of Monsanto, Bayer and Dow, Syngenta and other large chemical
companies that are, in a war like fashion attempting a world
wide mononpoly on the world of agriculture.

edit on 9-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Many of the supporting 'comments' refer to none other than Mark Lynas

This one sends me

Like most things in life (except death and taxes, as the saying goes…), 100% certainty is not possible or reasonable to require.

Xue, that is pretty hilarious!
Mark Lynas, the "convert poster boy"

He found those deep pockets, brilliant shill move, after all that fake hockey
stick is something pretty much etched in peoples minds forever.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This post was moved from the GMO poll thread, as to facilitate with the OP poll request.

Originally posted by luciddream
"organic food" companies are a big business
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, they are. And with one huge, obvious and very noteable difference
from the giant GMO; transgene chemical companies that are on
a world domination military style takeover.

So in reality this is Food companies vs. Chemical Corporations!
Who do I trust to produce my food? A Food Farmer or Chemical Corporations
founded with eugenics history that spawned PCB's, Agent Orange; Terminator Genes and more?

I am 100% opposed to GMO.
!00% for mandatory labels.

There are plenty of studies that show that GMO has laid
the groundwork for pestilance, disease and farming wasteland. GMO is not
a silver bullet quantum leap in food production. There is a very good amount
of information to be found here, scientific study and all.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I would also like to add that the little food farmers who are
producing food, to bring us food freedom are also winners in this
and they are even good for the economy....unlike Monsatan,
Bayer and others who work hand in hand with the IMF and the
world bank to enslave other nations and farmers, so as to
achieve World Domination.

I want Food Freedom!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Now that was unexpected. You do realise i was replying to Superhans?
Granted, my post was probably a grave violation of the 'DFTT - rule', but sometimes it's not easy to resist.

You gotta admit, you couldn't find a much better example for someone who obviously believes he conveys a valid argument and fails so miserably.

My comment was an (apparently failed) attempt to add some humor. I solemnly swear to refrain from any such attempts in the future (fingers crossed). My apologies.

On a serious note, i do believe your efforts are very important and are much appreciated by the members of this forum, including me. Please, continue to produce outstanding threads.

abovetopsecret

edit on 9-8-2013 by talklikeapirat because: twilightzonemoment

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I know i don't care about cross pollination, i said it after all. What do you think you are accomplishing here?

That you don't care! You asked me to point it out to you where you said that you didn't care, or did you forget? Here is your request! You also asked me to point it out that you didn't say my children are stupid too. Man, am I really the dumb one here? www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't remember calling your children dumb, can you find that quote for me? And I didn't say that i didn't care

If you can forget what you recently typed on here, how can any sane minded person take you serious? That is one reason why we know you aren't being paid by Monsanto and working for free. You simply aren't a good accomplice.

When you say "i don't care", your are really saying that you are selfish. You care of no one else and their crops. You actually had the nerve to make it the fault of the grower, and that it is their duty to protect their crops from man made mutants. In your mind, it's not Monsanto's duty to protect me from their lab made freaks of nature.

You know damned well that this GMO stuff is relatively new science, and I don't want other humans to be FORCED into being lab rats. If they know they are eating GMO, or that it is up the road blowing in the wind, those human lab rats are going to wake up. If they know, by labeling, and by starting threads with helpful info., consumers on a massive scale will have some knowledge of what GMO entails, and from that knowledge they can then agree or disagree to be a study victim or not.

Personally, I think it should go a step further and ban GMO all together. But, you don't care.
edit on 9-8-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

Thank you for the claification, my apologies and I am retracting
some the post above. It is really hard to interpret some of the most
outrageous attempts of tail chasing word parsing rhetoric continued
by some of them (not you

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Didn't you say that your quit this thread something like 3 or 4 times now?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join