It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto and Big Food Pull Out the Big Guns

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hey superhans,
Would be willing to eat only Monsanto/Dow/Dupont based gmo corn, soy, alfalfa, wheat for one year straight while living in highly sprayed glyphosate area????? Then come back here and report back letting us all know how you feel with mri results showing the number of tumors in your body.

Dude seriously, look at american stats, number 1 in cancer, heart disease, duabeetus, autism, extremely low intellectual levels of iq,aand the list goes,on and on....

Im all for selective breeding of the best, strongest crops, naturally.....but when you start tinkering with dna to make plants resistant to poisons that are unnatural, then collect royalties from the seeds by strong arm & fear tactics, somewhere down the line, people are going to get hurt......

Not only that, Monsanto is hiring scientists to all their own studies in house, or they have ex-employees working at the epa, fda, federal gov........all smoke screens and corruption

There are already a bunch of studies showing tumor growth on rats fed only gmo, and pigs who have their stomach lining torn to shreds from these diets as well.

Its a HUGE step backwards for us as a people. There are studies showing lab created gmo farming isn't any better or productive than non-gmo techniques.

You want to see productive? There's a guy in Wisconsin who grows 2 million lbs of food annually on just 3 acres!!!!! All natural non-gmo techniques. Thats moving forward.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Don't let GMO Bt Corn proponents tell you that the $260 million saved in crop growing efficiency was worth it. That did not benefit you.

Myth: Big Businesses cost efficiencies are good for the economy and are passed on to the consumer.

Fact: Big Health/Pharma/Office/Retail/Materials/Food/Agra/Waste/Power ALL used cost efficiencies to put medium sized and smaller mom & pop competitors out of business.

Cost Efficiencies are about burning and salting the fields of American Industry and ESTABLISHING irrevocable MONOPOLY - not about economic health.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEthicalSkeptic

Nobody thought the Earth was flat. That was a political myth.

Not at all. In fact there are people who still think the earth is flat.
theflatearthsociety.org...

Now there are those who are simply afraid of GMO technology - awesome point. GMO technology is our future, but we have to use more than cosmetic health test standards for our 20 times a week ingestion substance testing. But the activists will be fully armed to declare ANYONE who opposes Bt Corn for example as religious GMO-phobes.

Well when people have to make stuff up and offer no actual science to back up their claims then yeah. They are using religious arguments.
edit on 8-8-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'm glad America is finally standing ground with these giants! its sickening

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Hey superhans,
Would be willing to eat only Monsanto/Dow/Dupont based gmo corn, soy, alfalfa, wheat for one year straight while living in highly sprayed glyphosate area????? Then come back here and report back letting us all know how you feel with mri results showing the number of tumors in your body.

I would do it if you were willing to eat only an organic diet consisting of zero protein.

Dude seriously, look at american stats, number 1 in cancer, heart disease, duabeetus, autism, extremely low intellectual levels of iq,aand the list goes,on and on....

I know americans are not known for being the smartest but everybody here here thinks that GMOs are the "evil". So maybe this high level of stupid explains all the GMO hate.

Im all for selective breeding of the best, strongest crops, naturally.....but when you start tinkering with dna to make plants resistant to poisons that are unnatural, then collect royalties from the seeds by strong arm & fear tactics, somewhere down the line, people are going to get hurt......

So collecting royalties from plant seeds is causing people to get hurt? You know patents on plants predate GMOs right?

Not only that, Monsanto is hiring scientists to all their own studies in house, or they have ex-employees working at the epa, fda, federal gov........all smoke screens and corruption

Then why don't the activists donate money to get an experiment done that they can agree is fair? Shouting conspiracy does not really prove anyone wrong.

There are already a bunch of studies showing tumor growth on rats fed only gmo, and pigs who have their stomach lining torn to shreds from these diets as well.

Please share some of these studies, there are "a bunch" of them after all. The ONE study that showed that rats fed GMOs get tumors was rejected by the scientific community. It had two major problems, the rats were given round up in their water (which nobody does) and the rats they used for the experiment were prone to get tumors all on their own. But since you have a bunch of these studies, please post them. I would love to read them.

Its a HUGE step backwards for us as a people. There are studies showing lab created gmo farming isn't any better or productive than non-gmo techniques.

But are there any studies that show us its worse?

You want to see productive? There's a guy in Wisconsin who grows 2 million lbs of food annually on just 3 acres!!!!! All natural non-gmo techniques. Thats moving forward.

Its 1 million, not 2. And managing less acres is much more efficient than trying to manage more.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes a truth
A Monsanto Anti Labeling Claim.
edit on 8-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

And this is the third time you have quit?

Yeah because I actually had to go to sleep, rather then sitting here going over the same old shilling over and over and over again...

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I would do it if you were willing to eat only an organic diet consisting of zero protein.

I already do eat all organic, but get protein from beans........what's the point of no protein and what does that have to do with anything other than digressing away from the topic?

I know americans are not known for being the smartest but everybody here here thinks that GMOs are the "evil". So maybe this high level of stupid explains all the GMO hate.

Go look at the mediteranean areas where they have the world's lowest cancer rates, and some of the Japanese provinces where they have the longest life spans, and you will see ZERO GMO's!!!!! They've been there for thousands of years eating, living, and existing just fine!!!!!

So collecting royalties from plant seeds is causing people to get hurt?

YESSSSS!!!!!! Those royalties create monopolies which then become corrupted, profit first, screw the little guy, infect the Gov w/ Bribes and cronyism, spray rural areas wit neonicotinoids/glyphostae and create higher cancer rates in those areas, using strong arm and fear tactics on farmers forcing them to buy their products, secretly putting gmo corn/soy/alfalfa in a bunch of products without having any 20+ year human studies...

Seriously, I can go on and on and on and show 100's of links of how people get hurt because of this

You know patents on plants predate GMOs right?

Patents on plants is the biggest joke ever..........plants existed prior to humans. I can then take the next logical step and say that Corporations can now Patent Air and Water and charge royalties for each breath we take and all the water we use.....Don't you see how insane and perverted this sounds???

Then why don't the activists donate money to get an experiment done that they can agree is fair? Shouting conspiracy does not really prove anyone wrong.

There's already studies on rats, pigs, and various animals all over the world that shows stomach inflamation, tumors, upticks in bad side effects, and so on....but for some reason, a bunch of shills paid for by Monsanto keep saying these studies don't prove anything, and their flawed, etc.....

I know a few farmers personally and they said none of the wild animals, birds, squirels, racoons will touch any of the GMO corn they pull from neighboring fields. But when they set out natural Purple Native Non-gmo corn, it's all gone the next day......Even Nature is rejecting it!!!!

Please share some of these studies, there are "a bunch" of them after all. The ONE study that showed that rats fed GMOs get tumors was rejected by the scientific community. It had two major problems, the rats were given round up in their water (which nobody does) and the rats they used for the experiment were prone to get tumors all on their own. But since you have a bunch of these studies, please post them. I would love to read them.

GMO Feed Turns Pigs Stomach to Mush, Severe Damage

10 IRREFUTABLE evidence that GMO can harm you

Groundbreaking Study Links Monsanto’s Glyphosate To Cancer

19 Studies Link GMO Foods to Organ Disruption

Former Pro-GMO Scientist Speaks Out On The Real Dangers of Genetically Engineered Food

I can give you much much more, but if you want to get to the Truth, the only way is to fund or find any GMO studies done in Countries that are beyond the corrupting reach of Monsatan/Dow/Dupont/EPA/FDA. So Anything that's in India, South America, or any of the Asian Countries..... All the rest of U.S. Studies are already paid for and tainted by the GMO Companies and CAN NOT BE TRUSTED!!!!!

Its 1 million, not 2. And managing less acres is much more efficient than trying to manage more.

My fault typo on the 2 instead of 1. Regardless, that's the future. Smaller compact farms with a variety of crops that produce food in the millions of pounds, de-centralized, no monopolies, all across the planet (Cuba actually did something like this and has been thriving for decades as far as food production self sufficiency...

These Mega Farms with Thousands of acres of GMO Corn, Sprayed with Cancer Causing poisons that leech into the air and ground water, working with an evil corrupt monopoly, is no longer realistic!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I already do eat all organic, but get protein from beans........what's the point of no protein and what does that have to do with anything other than digressing away from the topic?

Its not off topic, you asked me to keep a diet that had almost no protien in it. I would do it if you would. Did you not understand what you wrote?

Go look at the mediteranean areas where they have the world's lowest cancer rates, and some of the Japanese provinces where they have the longest life spans, and you will see ZERO GMO's!!!!! They've been there for thousands of years eating, living, and existing just fine!!!!!

Zero GMOs? You might want to look into that a bit more...

Patents on plants is the biggest joke ever..........plants existed prior to humans. I can then take the next logical step and say that Corporations can now Patent Air and Water and charge royalties for each breath we take and all the water we use.....Don't you see how insane and perverted this sounds???

But people have been doing this since long before GMOs were around. It is just a way for farmers to protect their life's work from being stolen from them.

There's already studies on rats, pigs, and various animals all over the world that shows stomach inflamation, tumors, upticks in bad side effects, and so on....but for some reason, a bunch of shills paid for by Monsanto keep saying these studies don't prove anything, and their flawed, etc.....

Well if they made honest tests then there wouldn't be a problem. All the money in the world could not stop scientists from proving tobacco caused cancer. Just because a study is flawed does not mean that shills are involved. Do you not know how the peer review process works?

I know a few farmers personally and they said none of the wild animals, birds, squirels, racoons will touch any of the GMO corn they pull from neighboring fields. But when they set out natural Purple Native Non-gmo corn, it's all gone the next day......Even Nature is rejecting it!!!!

Because the crops have been made to not be eaten by animals and insects. Those farmers you know must be horrible at what they do if they are losing all of their crops over night.

Now if you really want i can go through those studies one by one, is that what you want?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
If 93 percent of the public would like to see gmo labeling, I feel that it is the responsibility of the FDA to start procedures to implement it. If even sixty percent of the people wanted it, it should be done.

Everyone I know says that food should be labeled as containing gmo if it does, it is up to the people to decide if they want to eat the food. I know a lot of people who don't care if they eat it but they still think it should be labeled as a right for those who want to eat more natural foods. People who want to hide unnatural chemistry being implemented into the food should be put in prison. They are violating the rights of others. In china they are having problems with manmade eggs on the market. Is that what we will soon be coming to here in America.

Well said and its our human rights to know what we are eating

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Do you think 1052 people properly represent an entire nation?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperhansWell when people have to make stuff up and offer no actual science to back up their claims then yeah. They are using religious arguments.

I gotta side with you on this principal. However, I think that those who confuse Bt Corn protests with being anti-GMO, are just simply uninformed, as opposed to religious. And yes, then there there are those who are just vehement anti-technology religion.

As long as they are seeking the science, then it is not a religion. Once a person starts asking for studies to be blocked, even though a serious argument has been raised, that is a religion. Yes.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Its not off topic, you asked me to keep a diet that had almost no protien in it. I would do it if you would. Did you not understand what you wrote?

Okay, I get what you said. 1 cup of corn has 166 grams of protein, 1 cup of soy, has 172 grams of protein. Your good to go buddy

Zero GMOs? You might want to look into that a bit more...

By GMO's, I mean Monsanto/Dow/DuPont based Glyphosate/Neonicotinoid Sprayed, Laboratory Gene Engineered, with Royalties received. Not natural selection or cross pollination based on best genes, etc.

Mediteranean low cancer rates and Japanese long lifespans have been around before any lab based genetic modification ever started!!!

But people have been doing this since long before GMOs were around. It is just a way for farmers to protect their life's work from being stolen from them.

They sold seeds, and used the marketing technique of showing proof that their crops were big and healthy. Once you bought the seeds and grew crops from them, you were free to reuse the seed. It was natural selective breeding.

Not lab based gene splicing poison proof and sprayed crops of which you are forbidden to re-sue the seeds. That's some evil crap right there to deny the natural born right to reuse the seeds!!!!

Well if they made honest tests then there wouldn't be a problem. All the money in the world could not stop scientists from proving tobacco caused cancer. Just because a study is flawed does not mean that shills are involved. Do you not know how the peer review process works?

YESSSS!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! The Tobaccos companies were also manipulating tobacco studies for DECADES!!!!! History books prove so!!!!! It was the people that started questioning and seeing a correlation between 50 year smokers and lung cancer, and demanding non-biased studies!!!

That's exactly whats going on with GMO's. All studies biased and paid for by Monsanto......eventually 50-80 year old folks will start coming down with all sorts of health problems, people start wondering if there is a conection, they start demanding independent studies not influenced by Mosanto ....which will require going to Asia/South America/India/Russia/EU......

.....and then just like Tobacco, it will be proven by all the unbiased uncorrupted labs that these GMO's made by Monsatan/Dow/Dupont are all cancer causing dna destroying poisons!!!!!

GMO's are exactly where Tobacco was in the 40'-50's.....Their time is running out!!!!

Because the crops have been made to not be eaten by animals and insects.

But are then added to food made for human consumption!!! Major Face palm, you just punked yourself with this point!!!!

Now if you really want i can go through those studies one by one, is that what you want?

If you want to, go for it!!! Whatever you come up with regardless, over the next few years, you will start seeing peer reviewed, universally accepted studies coming out of Asia/EU/S. America/India proving GMO's cause a vast array of health problems......

On top of that, go on the 1 year only GMO diet and show us how you come out after 1 year!!! Film it, do a documentary, monthly check ups, and let's see if you come out if it alive with out tumors or any other major organ damage

If you do that right there, and come out perfectly healthy on the other end, I'll bow down to you and start eating only GMO's myself!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Ah, and some claim Monsanto is wise in protecting profits,
spending millions to counter the voices of just 1052 people.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

All countries need to know what's in their foods. And corporations shouldn't be allowed to get away with not adding poisons in the items that are in the supermarkets. We are also battling Monsanto in the UK as well as some GMO have been getting through. You can't simulate what the body needs, our bodies aren't stupid. Also if you have noticed that its GMO that's making people obese as it can't be broken down in the body due to being modified in the labs. More and more people are getting cancers and more illness.

edit on 8/8/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
OOOhhh Boy !!

I bet that Q&A site will be chock full of 'planted' questions that will be easily answered.

This is going to be good.

Definitely shill-city.

I think I'll get in there and ask about some compelling issues.

Let's see if the questions even get published ?

ETA: geesh, here's the website:::::
GMO Answers

edit on Aug-07-2013 by xuenchen because:

It did not look like that to me but I was not able to access any answered questions nor to ask any questions!
Some of the questions were very hard hitting in my opinion and it's no wonder they were not answered!
I will bet that the only questions that do get voted to be answered will be those like you said that are planted!
I recently came across an article about how BT corn has failed~
grist.org...
I wonder what will the effect be of eating food contaminated with Bacillus thuringiensis and the excess pestacides they will need to prevent infestations!
It is no surprise to me that that these bugs are adapting to GMOs because It's not the first time pests have become resistant to pesticides! It's just too bad that the pesticides are now not so easily switched!
So I wonder if they will just eliminate BT corn and start from scratch or will they try to adapt it so that it is more
effective against those pests that are resistant? It seems to me that GMOs are a total failure because of all the work that is needed to create these crops and once nature adapts all that work seems to be for nothing!
That's not even taking into consideration the effect these unnatural crops are having on us the consumer!
I believe that GMOs can be something that can increase food production, as long as it is used on those species
that are infesting crops and not on the people that are consuming the crops!
I suspect even after all that has happened the industry will not give up on modifying crops!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

This is incorrect. Deciding brand new foods which we are to eat as a people is NOT the personal domain of a farmer or farmers or agra business. They do not have the unilateral permission to simply decide "Hey!! We are all gonna eat this now."

Farming is a business which does PRODUCTION of EXTANT FOOD, not unilateral INVENTION of ENTIRELY NEW CONSUMABLES. As a banker I do not just decide one day that I am going to take possession of all the currency from the public, and issue a new one with my picture on it. THAT IS NOT MY AUTHORITY>

This is another logic fallacy you will find the Cabal pushing.

Food, as are our laws, currency, our medicine, our government officials and our health is not the decision of ONE person or one industry - it is a PUBLIC DECISION, not a private decision.

This is the first time we have had to test these principals of freedom and take back this abrogation of our rights from businesses... that have no business making these decisions...

edit on 8-8-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I think monsanto is for the people, they provide cheap food for everyone. I don't think a company that charges 4 times as much for food because it uses "less" everything and is organic is really for anyone but the wealthy. All this organic crap is based on faith based health benefits and keeping up the appearance that you can afford to spend extra money on a stupid luxury.

Our dear elected representatives in the UK don't want anything less than organic food in the restaurants and cafes in the Houses of Parliament. Organic food and meat will be for the elites, GMO food will be for the proles.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Don't forget the BSE (mad cow disease) outbreak in the UK back in the 1990's, when the government decided to "cut the red tape of bureaucracy" hindering the British farming industry. They allowed centuries of farming folklore and traditions to be scrapped. One of these was a ban on the use of cattle brains and spinal cords to be recycled as the raw materials for meat and bone meal food pellets.Nobody really thought that a non-living protein strand with a slight chemical modification would actually replicate inside another living brain.

biography.yourdictionary.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.news-medical.net...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Yep.

I actually did post that question I linked to>>>... www.abovetopsecret.com...

so far......no answer or comments either.

Hmmm.

I wonder if they are 'filtering' and suppressing comments.

the mystery question?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

It's not just Monsanto, it's also the FDA.

Of course the FDA doesn't have to spend millions, they can just make stuff up and spoon feed it to the sheep. They sheep eat it up and buy into it.

But hey, the gov't does no wrong right?

-SAP-

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join