It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans committed the worst genocide in world history

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Spoiler Alert!

The Great war, which will make the first and second world war look like a fight over peanuts.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Out here where I live the natives were not very friendly at all
Because they knew what their fate would be. Resistance was futile. But even a pig fights and urinates when it is brought to the slaughter.

and tried to kill settlements.
"settlements", where did I hear this word before?

We moved into this land, corraled the natives into unsavory tracts of land
You mean like a "ghetto"?

There was no systematic rounding up
This sounds rather systematic to me.

Folks who got along tended to be assimilated.
You mean like the "Borg"? - Was that their choice: Borg or Death or ghetto?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Just imagine, especially for the USA, if the aliens landed in 2050, not everybody, but a majority of the populace might look very racially similar to how it looked when De Soto or the Pilgrims first came.

By all current racial demographic predictions that is very likely (aliens or not).

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mymymy
reply to post by GeneralChaos

No, I would say the weaker mind goes to the person who feels the need to insult people.

we shall see.

I haven't made many posts here, read some, I am a FAR cry from a patriot.

Show me where I called you a patriot.

I am sick to death of people telling me to feel guilty for something I had NOTHING to do with

show me where I TOLD you to feel guilty for....anything.

and apologize to people

show me where I TOLD you to apologize

I'm not going to cry about it or hate people

...3 guesses what I'm gonna say to this.

lol, well, you're not doing a whole lot of good for your team.
I'd say the simple minded are a hearty lot.
strong backs and weak minds built this nation.
You come from proud bunch.
Your people are resilient and fierce.
You should be proud.
Instead, you deny your heritage and spit on the graves of all of those weak minded men who came before you
and made this country what it is today!!!

A country full of weak minded, functionally retarded, parody of the movie 'Idiocracy'.

tsk tsk tsk
For shame......for shame!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

As you know most of the history about the wild west is glorified and distored.

Yes, Hollywood has fulfilled its purpose.

When you look at genocides in the 20th century, obviously you blame the NAZIs, the Japanese, Stalin, Mao, etc.

Obviously this part of history deals with the US. Why is it wrong to examine this part? Are you afraid of something? Ashamed? What?

You bring up a good point, Hollywood has glorified and thereby distorted the information and how it is perceived. Now we know it was the Indians who attacked and broke the agreements. We know they got what they deserved.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Maybe you are just looking for a reason to feel guilty. But you are comparing 3 people to an entire population, that were sometimes at war. My great great grandfather was one of the first settlers of Palo Pinto County in Texas, Marcus L. Dalton. He was killed by Indians. Do I hold a grudge against the Comanche of today? No, hell, I am part Comanche too. The fact is, I think you are being naive (at best) or intellectually dishonest(at worst) to truly compare the deaths of the Indians at the hands of the settlers to the atrocities that Hitler, Mao and Stalin committed. Just because some of us recommend that you learn history, does not mean that you should feel guilty for acts committed. If I did, then I would really feel guilty all of the time because I am a direct line descendant to the brothers that basically started the English Slave Trade.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

what was done to those who were here before us was horrible. I doubt you will find anyone who is an American of any color or ethnic background who could, or would deny this.

Wrong, there are plenty here in this forum already. They blame diseases and the Natives' own attributes.

Everybody else belittles it "Yes it was horrible, now lets move on" just like you do. As long as the tyrants are in power you will not hear anybody blame them for genocide.

But to label it as the worst genocide in history is to ignore so many others

No, I am not diminishing the other genocides, nor am I trying to stop the debate about them. But you are trying to stop the debate about this one, and I can see why.

Note: "what was done" is a convenient, intentional (and I find sneaky) way to avoid mentioning the subject, to avoid acknowledging who did it.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

Wrong, there are plenty here in this forum already. They blame diseases

Because that DID Happen on a massive scale!

Mother Nature is the BIGGEST Culprit of mass Genocide on the Human Population, and on everything else on this Planet.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Well, the holocaust lasted how many years?

Not to justify it, but that 47 million number you give was spread out over a much longer period of time. Just wanted to point that out. 47 million is still a staggering number of people to die over the course of European contact in the Americas.

Yes, it was a much longer time period. Does that make it better or worse?

They say 6 million Jews were killed during the Holocaust. If we count the years 1939 - 1945, 6 years, it would take 47 year to come up to 47 million. Does that mean the early Americans were going at about half the speed of the NAZIs?

(Btw, I don't know of a way to get an accurate number, the estimates are highly disputable. I am not pretending that 47 is the accurate number.)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

What do I want? I want somebody to explain it.
Want it explained?

Fine your here right now crying for the natives BECAUSE of it.

Feel free to give up everything you own back to the natives.

This does not explain it. But you are saying we have a choice:

a) we "give up everything you own back to the natives", or
b) we live a lie.

Is this correct?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Look, every nation and every people is guilty of committing atrocities at some point in the past. (some still do). I'm not going to feel any guilt or blame for something my ANCESTORS did. It's ridiculous.

Yes, and that is why we cannot discuss the "atrocity" commited by the Americans? Should we not discuss or debate all of them equally? I understand it would be somewhat uncomfortable, so we just avoid discussing it?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Yeah numbers are not your forte obviously.

You came up with outrageous numbers and said "Americans committed the worst genocide in history"

Meanwhile, everything you posted was completely made up and not anywhere close to being true and as I pointed out earlier, the time was long before the United States was even born and had nothing to do with it.

Then you go on and excuse hitler, Stalin and Mao of their democide and the holocausts hundreds of millions.

Yeah I see the point in your thread. Clear as day.

You are an attention whore and a not very intelligent one at that. You might wont to go and study history as you said that was you're intention in writing this garbage. Because if I had a crystal ball, I would think it would tell ,me that someday you will be guilty of the finger pointing at others and the crimes against humanity that you supposedly despise.

I personally think you are frothing at the mouth in hopes for another holocaust.

Sick, sick behavior.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Let me suggest that you were brainwashed.

By whom, I wonder. My country is one that suffered European colonial ....

This would be a good spot to start looking for an answer. Who could possibly brainwash you?
edit on 3-8-2013 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

There is absolutely no culture in existence that has not committed genocide at some point in their history.

regardless of myself or anyone else assuming the blame for the acts of people who are no longer in existence. it won't change history in the slightest, so what's the point in assigning blame other than to stir up negative feelings or gain from it in a material sense as a 'victim'?

How many times? Every country did the same.
"assuming the blame for the acts of people who are no longer in existence"?
gain from it in a material sense as a 'victim'?

So this the end of the study of history. They are all dead anyway. Who cares?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The indigenous people of all continents succumbed to foreign invasion by people with slightly better technology. Not much has really changed. Those with power choose to kill instead of nurture, when the opportunity arises. A sad fact of our time on this orb.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

What your suggesting is that because we (or any nation) has blood in their history, they should then never learn from the past, nor try to help out anyone else going through pains..because we did something wrong over a hundred years ago.

What I am suggesting is the opposite, that we should learn from it.

"help out anyone else", what does that relate to?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

And someday, somebody will come along and annihilate a good portion of us westerners.
... unless we learn.
And it is not enough to learn from those commited by others. We need to study our own too.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman
You should be sorry. We are talking about millions of people killed, entire civilizations wiped out, by your ancestors and mine.

No he shouldnt feel sorry. You dont inherit the sins of your ancestors for one thing and two youre making a rather large presumption his ancestors had anything to do with it.

The two biggest European ethnic groups are the Germans and the Irish. They werent running around slaughtering natives and conquering the Americas just like a rather large chunk of Europe wasnt either. Hell most European ethnic groups didnt even start arriving here in large numbers until the early 1900s

Originally posted by ThinkingHumannd you don't even ask yourself why?

Probably because humans as a species are violent? Its in our nature and we see this behavior it in the great apes we evolved from. Nothing exactly complex about answering this

Originally posted by ThinkingHumanMaybe you have never been on the "other side" of history.

Again youre making a rather ludicrous presumption.
edit on 3-8-2013 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor

To answer your question OP, people (as a whole) are cruel and stupid.
White people just happen to be at the top of the pyramid of power, (since the middle ages) which makes them the cream of the crop of the cruel and stupid.
Here is an essay written about that fact READ
Enjoy.

Thanks for that. The British top the number the one that I quoted:

Consider Britain alone: It killed or allowed to die by way of purposeful inaction, nearly two billion Indians and did so in a paltry eighty years.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Didn't you read the wiki you linked in the OP?

"The population of African and Eurasian peoples in the Americas grew steadily, while the number of the indigenous people plummeted. Eurasian diseases such as smallpox, influenza, bubonic plague and pneumonic plagues devastated the Native Americans who did not have immunity"

"the lowest estimates give a death toll due from disease of an astonishing 80%"

You are trying to re-write history to favor YOUR beliefs, again, the wiki YOU linked contradicts your entire thread. The US didn't slaughter 47 million Native Americans. Europeans, Spaniards, and disease did though, well before the US was ever created.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join