It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Push Tries to Confiscate Firearms From Felons, Mentally Ill

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

So how is owning a gun necessary to your meaning of freedom?

I live in a so called free country I do not need a gun to define what is living in a free country is ... However we don't really live in free countries now do we that is just all an illusion .
edit on 27/7/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Where is anyone saying we should take guns away from anyone on antidepressants? The laws I see are saying that people who have been unvoluntarily committed are unallowed to have a gun. In order to unvoluntarily committed you must be proven in a court of law to be a danger to yourself or others. On top of that the only way such a claim can be brought before the court is if it is brought by a family member or psychologist. Do you think people who have been involuntarily committed, which once again means they are someone who has been shown in a court of law to be a danger to themself or others, should be able to own a gun?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

Originally posted by SecretWeapon
If they want my guns they had best be prepared to use theirs.

And with attitudes like this people still wonder why they want restrictions . And displaying attitude like this who do you think will be one of their first few targets .

You would actually have a shoot out because they want your gun and take some ones life who is supporting a family .

Are you demented people like you probably should have their guns taken away

Probably cause you have NO IDEA what the hell is going on in canada, usa, the middle east or anywhere else for that matter. Tell me how is the slaughter of syrians going right now? How about the slaughter of egyptians?

Please tell me WHO gave weapons to those religious nutjobs? Maybe the same assholes WANTING to take guns away from americans with all kinds of pretenses? And then you wonder why some people say "over my dead cold hands".

America and canada are special? Thats what the jews in germany thought to....

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkingRelentlessly
who decides what is mental illness? how does one screen for such?

how long before they decide a mental screening is required to apply for a permit/license/registration?

"so why do you want to own a firearm?"

"self defense"

"self defense from whom?"

"anybody attempting to jeopardize my safety and livelihood."

"paranoid schizophrenic. application denied."

Congratulations. You have defined not schizophrenia, which would require a proper
clinical workup and solid evidence of brain misfiring from heredity or trauma--
but schizotypal personality syndrome, a convenient workaround and easy out
for a non medical doctor observing only symptoms indicating a 'disorder'.

In other words, if you walk in acting 'strange' or pissed off to a closet megalomaniac you
may end up with an invisible, indestructible chain around your neck for twenty years or
more like me... with no legal recourse, remedy, or financial wherwithal to defend yourself.
Credibility?
Why do you think the Soviets didn't have to kill all their political enemies?
Non-conformists beware, you will be called crazy and gleefully pushed into the snow.

My problem is that opinion alone, especially based in non-science and personal
impression is susceptible to corruption or political manipulation.
DSM5, the most dangerous control mechanism of the 21st century so far.
And yes I know how to spell Trotsky. Axe to grind? Dead's better than here: trust me.
edit on 27-7-2013 by derfreebie because: We're with Wyatt.. and just borrowin' a little overflow Hell

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

If you can't shoot it wouldn't. If you can and well, maybe ,for you its a good idea.If you are trained it's because that's what you are.
Mentally ill am I? Funny I could say the same of people incapable of self defence,but then I remember ,that's MY job too.
That oath was quite clear to me and for some silly reason we are never absolved from it.
Psych says I show no signs of dementia,that being the great big bad line we can define here.

Sociopaths are demented,we watch them chase sex like it is OCD and all their logic and reasoning revolving around them selves and parties.
Sounds crazy to me.We are enabling mental ill people here.
I am different because I will still fight against what I perceive as an enemy of the Constitution,with every skill I know.
Black list?
Yeah I probably made that years ago.They already have everything recorded on the net,they will soon know EXACTLY all about all of us and when the numbers pan out maybe they'll try something.We'll see.
In the mean time discussing such tools as defining terms of humanity is pointless.I can begin with a rock and work and work my way up the weapon chain.

Not scared.Pissed and waiting to get what ever over with.
edit on 27-7-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: Missplled

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
as far as sex offenders go ... theres alot of bs laws hear if ur with ur highschool girl and ur 18 n shes 17 its rape if the parents dont conssent not a hard line to cross ... ask urself how old was ur girl/boyfrind in highschool and ofcourse there parents didnt consent ... i know for me not a single one fo my girlfrinds parents approved of it

but really dose it matter how mny real pedophiles need a gun to violate children ... castration seems more apropriate ... this is about guns tho mainly ... violent crime is the only reasion to remove gun rights

none the less make it easy to be a felon and you can disarm the people with them praising it
people eat it up yes no guns for ex cons dose not matter what they did as long as there not part of our world right

tho its probly true most x cons dont need gun rights none the less this is a big point that can be used to disarm the people regulate them anything ... anything with fellony is bad it dosent matter people will always support it

and as u get less and less non felons ull be left with only people who are blind and since felons dont count theres nohing u can say about it ... just wait tell the next time ur pulled over for any reasion and ur license is expired and u become a felon

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by oldmeatwad

It looks like to read you have to subscribe. But going by what you say in the heading, Felons and Mentally ill should not have firearms to begin with. I don't know what planet you live on, but that doesn't sound odd at all. I am pretty sure felons are not allowed to posses firearms now, and i don't think mentally ill should either. I don't think we need blind people or unrepentant alcoholics with a penchant for driving with driver licenses either. I am a pro gun person btw.

V

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
reply to post by oldmeatwad

It looks like to read you have to subscribe. But going by what you say in the heading, Felons and Mentally ill should not have firearms to begin with. I don't know what planet you live on, but that doesn't sound odd at all. I am pretty sure felons are not allowed to posses firearms now, and i don't think mentally ill should either. I don't think we need blind people or unrepentant alcoholics with a penchant for driving with driver licenses either. I am a pro gun person btw.

V

And for the record, V, when you are confronted with the impossibility within the
administrative state to prove a negative, and actually show positive change while
the broken system is better suited to summarily deny restoring privileges without
cause...
it looks like the prisoners outside the wall are a little worse off than the stripers.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

very laughable .. who do you think sold these religious nut jobs weapons I would bet amerika had their hand in that.

Nah sorry but you seem to be the one who just doesn't get it or the bigger picture of what goes on , I am not the one who lives in fear and paranoia

Hell your not even grasping the context of the thread let alone what happens anywhere else in the world ... omg omg they are taking guns away from americans . when thread title reads "New Push Tries to Confiscate Firearms From Felons, Mentally Ill" and yet to this is a gun grab for honest hard working americans in your mind lol

A phrase comes to mind but saying it here is a violation of t & c

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by crazyewok

Because treating people who went to jail, did their time and are free now, as second class citizens is stupid. It's like a caste system, I do not find that acceptable.

How about preventing convicted and freed pedophiles from taking jobs in child care centres, or fraudsters from running banks?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I am different because I will still fight against what I perceive as an enemy of the Constitution,with every skill I know.

So what is it you are waiting for ??
The constitution is under attack your freedoms robbed see it and read it on ats all the time .. you are no different just like every other arm chair freedom fighter in america . don't like where your country is going .. do something about it , like egypt or syria or where ever at least they stand up for what they believe in and not whine on an internet forum about how this is 1984 .. what a joke but hey atleast talk like that will get you a few stars

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have a small question for a few people

What did a person who is mentally ill do to deserve having a constitutional right revoked?

I want to make you include the reason...

Who decides

So far your why sucks.. and is out of Fear and nothing more.. you are fearing a potential may happen..

What it sounds like you support the idea that someone who is ill should have no rights...

Is that not the creation of second class citizens..

The same goes for felons who have served their time..

Once the punishment is done why should they not have the rights back.. Or are we punishing them for the rest of their lives...

I thought the whole point of negative reinforcement was to insure re-socialization to the rules of society... Are you saying once they commit a crime they should be held against them the rest of their lives..

If it that is so what are your views illegal immigrants.. You know the ones who broke the law coming into the country without permission.. are they also to be held to the same standard...

edit on 27-7-2013 by ripcontrol because: ndaa requirements

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Point out in the constitution, or bill of rights, where it says the right to be around kids shall not be infringed. Or the right to run a bank shall not be infringed.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Generally a person is declared mentally ill if they meet the DSM criteria for exhibiting a mental disorder. One of these criteria involves the patient actually feling that their behavior hinders the life they wish to lead. There is one other possibility. A person can be involuntarily committed if their family or psychologist find them to be a danger to themself or others and a court agrees. The latter is the only one that will prevent a person from owning a gun. As I asked before, do you think a person who has been found a threat to themself or others should be allowed to own a gun?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

They get first move and they HAVE to move big or they'll run out of time.Its up to the bad guys first.
This little show of government and laws is for rubes. We will see if they actually intend to move or just play patty cake.
I you mensa graduates can debate until your hearts content about all the things you've read while we vets have direct knowledge of how it is done.
Who has the facts about FIGHTING a rebellion, the vets or denizens from debate club.
It would seem logic itself would prevent such an exchange but the debate here is firearms not some failed argument backed by worthless statistics and emotional opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
wow, i can here the gurgling from here

after reading all of this back and forth about who will be crazy or not crazy enough, i have one question for ALL of you.

what does any of this do to remove guns already in the hands of CRIMINALS ???

and since we all know the answer to that question, the one that counts is this ... what does any of this do to keep you and yours SAFE from the already armed criminals ??

is any of it working yet ?
didn't a minor just kill a sibling with a weapon he 'found' ?
didn't a minor (not old enough to purchase handgun) allegedly commit the SH tragedy ?

so, if we cannot keep guns out of the hands of CHILDREN, how do we expect to keep a gun out of adults' hands whether 'legal' or not ?

then of course, there is that pesky Constitution and all ... No FREE man shall ever be barred the use of arms (Jefferson) ... any felon that has paid their debt to society (so to speak) is released a FREE man ... so please, refer to the above.

what we may want isn't necessarily what the compact provides, is it ?
sometimes, children shouldn't get everything they want.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

As I asked before, do you think a person who has been found a threat to themself or others should be allowed to own a gun?
American adults don't need or ask permission.
sorry to hear you think otherwise.

here, we tend to be a self-governing bunch, so, i can't fathom who would tell us we were or were not 'allowed' anyway.

besides, the criminals don't get permission, why in the world should anyone else ?
maybe, when all of the criminals are eradicated, maybe then i'd lay my gun to the side but i don't see that happening anytime soon, do you ?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by suz62
Not all felons are violent.

Once again if you are a felon you forfeit civil rights. Being violent has nothing to do with it.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
When i was 17 I took 2 bicycles that didnt belong to me. Convicted when i was 18. Did my time and paid back the community that i had wronged....when i was 26 i got busted with a few pot plants....7 to be exact.....did my time and paid back the community to which i wronged.....

Excuse me, but im tired of all the "do gooders" dictating whats right and wrong for everyone......

Because somone in a suit and tie decided that if you make a few bad choices, which have nothing to do with violence mind you, that i should have to immediately pay the community and then i have to pay for the rest of my life....

I say go to hell with the nazi style rules that this country has turned to because of fear and political correctness.

We all want a world of peace and pretty pink unicorns and candy coated explanations

Fear and political correctness has killed any chance at true freedom....were all slaves to the system. You people can be as optimistic as you want.....ive been singled out. I know how it feels....its too far gone.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

incrementalism is why.

and in the case of california, it can be as simple as an occupational requirement.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join