It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object hits wind turbine 2009.Similar object photographed 5000 miles away July 2013.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
reply to post by canDarian

A tumbling wasp probably swatted away by someone off camera.

Perhaps we could call it Waspra!

And seriously I don't think people are grasping the distances here,these are not insects they would be the size of a small house or larger.You won't be taking a video of a wasp 2 miles away lol.

edit on 26-7-2013 by canDarian because: I can!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by canDarian

And seriously I don't think people are grasping the distances here,these are not insects they would be the size of a small house or larger.You won't be taking a video of a wasp 2 miles away lol.

How do you know it's the size of a small house?

How do you know it's 2 miles away?

It looks like a wasp, is the size of a wasp, in a place of wasps so why is it a tentacled extraterrestrial thing and not a wasp?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
I would say it was something along these lines...

Rod's

edit on 26-7-2013 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

Good video. I have seen things in videos that I just assumed were bugs. I guess this explains why they look that way. Sometimes bugs or snowflakes look like streaks in the back when we put the lite on on the deck. My wife and I have noticed this many times, it is kinda cool. We know that they are snowflakes or bugs though. It happens once in the while with headlights also. I am sure that this is a similar phenomenon. ( I need an easier to spell word than phenomenon, I always want to put a y in it for some reason..:lol
)
edit on 26-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Rod's YOU mean an insect as well then

What I don't like is pictures posted with NO exif data to check time date ,exposure data.
edit on 26-7-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Cool thread OP S+F for you squire.

No idea what that is, but to me it is clearly NOT a bug/wasp.

King

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

When I saw the UFO with tentacles, the white light blurred out the ship, it was the light illuminating a ship figure, but I couldn't see beyond the image of the light and tentacles.

When I saw the UFO when I had my night vision goggles on, the aliens I saw looked like your typical grey with big heads. They were animated a little, as I saw one turn it's head slightly. The ship was far up in the night sky when this occurred.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

As Phage has said that could be an insect close to the camera, phone cameras and cameras with a very small sensor have a large depth of field , if you look at the pictures you posted the trees in the background look reasonably in focus so the only way for that object to be out of focus would be to be VERY close to the camera or it's a hoax and the object has been edited into the picture.

If I took a picture in that situation with my DSLR camera I could choose an aperture to have the person in the picture in sharp focus and the background out of focus or everything from him to infinity in focus small sensors and only one aperture size on a camera phone don't allow you to do that.

See example below to see what happens when you change aperture.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Snaffers

Why don't you create a thread about that, I don't see any here on ATS might be good to get the ATs guy to have a look at it, maybe even find the actual video the youtube uploader got the pics from.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by playernumber13

If it is behind the person in the photo, how is it that the most distant hills in the photo are in better focus than the object in question?.

I would think it is closer than the person in the photo, which would explain why it is out of focus because the camera is focused on the person in the photo and the terrain beyond.

I think it's a bug, a beetle with a shiny shell, I have seen silver ones, gold ones, green and blue ones, pretty much every color imaginable.

An out of focus picture does not denote a UFO, blurry lights in the night sky photographed with a cell phone do not denote a UFO, I have seen a UFO fairly closeby with my own eyes, and all it really amounted to was seeing something I didn't understand.

I have seen some bizarre stuff in my time on this planet, but I don't believe anything other than I could not explain it through the knowledge and experiences I have had, that doesn't mean it's a space probe like on star wars, or a craft being flown by alien greys.

Overactive imaginations are dangerous.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Steven Greer would be proud of the "it's not a wasp" sayers. Though he does imply the "tentacled ufos" are only visible psychically - and, of course cannot be filmed or photographed..

… he [Greer] told us that there was a football field sized UFO hovering above us, but that it wasn’t manifest yet. He said not to look with hard eyes, to look with soft eyes...

He asked if anyone had any psychic impressions and one lady said she saw a jellyfish type UFO thing with tendrils coming down and tall beings in it... he said, “That’s exactly right!”

Let's not forget Greer, despite his alleged Remote Viewing skills, was befuddled by a photo of a moth and presumed it to be an alien entity!

Mothra (Light Being)

Waspra (Tentacled UFO)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I haven't slept I'm going to bed if you want the original videos just google them I added a few of them and found a mashup with some of them.
I added your vid to Snaffer.

Cocoyoc, Mexico, November 3, 1973

edit on 26-7-2013 by canDarian because: Eyes Fell Out

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

As for it being a bug,explain to me how it's clearly behind him yet out of focus,if that's a bug then I should put this in the crypto forum as well because that's the biggest bug I ever saw.

Erm why the assumption that it must be behind to be out of focus? Look at the trees on the hill. Clealry the object is more out of focus than the trees (effective infinite distance). This means the object is between the subject and the camera. This means it must be small......we are into bug territory!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't know what it is.

I would need more data to determine for sure.

Everything else is speculation and exhibition of pre-conceived notions.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I know about the turbine,the fact that over 20+ witnesses came forward out of their own volition,I find it hard to believe they just made it up.
Who said anyone made anything up? But how many reported an "octopus"?

As for it being a bug,explain to me how it's clearly behind him yet out of focus,if that's a bug then I should put this in the crypto forum as well because that's the biggest bug I ever saw.

It isn't clearly behind him.
It's clearly in front of him.

edit on 7/26/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I respect just about everything you say, only because it strait forward. In this instance, I think you are wrong. Its behind him, you can clearly see that. Is it a ufo? Who knows. Its an interesting picture.
edit on 26-7-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

People don't notice bugs much...until they show up in a photo.
Especially when there's a guy doing a handstand on a rock.

A large object farther away would appear the same size as a small object close up why would a bug be less noticeable if they appear the same size lol,I feel like your using the Chewbacca defense on me.

You see this? This is a wookie, thats all.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
reply to post by Phage

normally i regard you as a little sense in a mad world. however the object is CLEARLY behind him.

yea clearly behind him. phage is on some drugs now i see

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
for the love of god...

Take your camera or phone outside, right now, make sure you've got a building or something far off in the distance and some douche bag doing squat thrusts as your focal point, then have someone hold something small, maybe a marshmellow on a wire, in between the douche and the camera

You will notice something. The focus on the "alien squid death monster" is blurred, and will look like it's in the background, while infact, it's in the foreground. Inspection of the level of detail on the actual background and the suspect object should show you a difference.

Pretty much like the image in this thread.

I think some of you should apply for interships with ghost hunters, they film lots of bugs and call them all sorts of things, other than bugs.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

That pic is freaky you can almost make out some sort of structure on the front,to me looks like some sort of focal point.Weapon?Sensor?

This looks like a June Bug. I've been seeing them all over the past few weeks. Exactly how their legs dangle when flying, and the top looks like it's shell/wings. As far as windmill, I don't see any pics on that, only a story and night time pic of omg.... A ROMAN CANDLE!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SixX18

That pic is freaky you can almost make out some sort of structure on the front,to me looks like some sort of focal point.Weapon?Sensor?

This looks like a June Bug. I've been seeing them all over the past few weeks. Exactly how their legs dangle when flying, and the top looks like it's shell/wings. As far as windmill, I don't see any pics on that, only a story and night time pic of omg.... A ROMAN CANDLE!

I wonder about one of these:

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The image of the yoga practice featuring an unintended secondary subject, was taken with an iPhone 4s correct? Now, I do not own such a device, but I hear tell that an "app" is available for those devices, which pastes in an image of a UFO, to a photograph of the users choice. Is it possible that this could be an example of the use of that cheeky little program?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join