It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight Satellite

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Its my first post here so, Hello everyone

BK is quite mysteriuos story so ive decided to dig some stuff about.
Photos were taken during STS-088 mission, and as it stands on timeline exacly during 7 days period when shuttle was docked with zarya and unity. Becouse of orbital difference (ISS inclination 51 deg. ) there is no possibility that object on photos has polar orbit (dont believe in coincidence of spotting 2 object in diffirent orbits exacly when manned mission was in there) . Additionaly there is photo from STS-112 mission with similar object:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
If this is the same object - that means it have the same orbit that iss. ( at this moment i dont want to assume that this is spaceship and it can change orbit whatever it wants)

This provides possible conclusion that this is a debris from manned missions or station itself.

But ...

Why Nasa leaved this without official comment?
Why Nasa hided one photo - with numer 71 im curious what's on it.

edit on 5-8-2013 by RichardWarlock because: spelling correction

edit on 5-8-2013 by RichardWarlock because: spelling correction

edit on 5-8-2013 by RichardWarlock because: link correction

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think this thing was placed here by an advanced race and they're waiting for us to access whatever is inside of it.

Why hasn't NASA investigated it properly? We've certainly had plenty of time and shuttle missions to do so.

I think they're afraid of it.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
hey guys,

thank you for the good work on this thread to find a solid explanation.
specially STS088-724-066 let me stumble for quite some time.
the lost thermal blanket seems to be the perfect answer, specially as one side is reflecting space and therefore looks black. if you dont have any information on the size and distance this "object" has been photographed, the still really looks like an extraterrestrial spacecraft. but when you look at the whole serie of pictures and realize that it has a different shape on each photo, it becomes pretty obvious that this isnt a solid object.

funny to see how such stories get blown up. starting with tesla and adding more and more stories around it until it looks like there is a huge ancient alien satellite surrounding earth, sending signals. and then, its just a lost thermal blanket

cheers
edit on 7-8-2013 by siemis because: fixing some typos

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Have NASA, ESA or any other space agency sent anything to look for it? It would seem logic. If someone has anything, can they pelase link me to it. Thanks

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zapper3

If they have they haven't said anything or most likely wouldn't.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Why is it everytime i see the photo of the Black Knight i think "vimana"

The fact it has no fixed route and shows up every now and again??

More importantly, if this is just space debris..why hasnt this just floated off into the infinity of the cosmos and got lost or swallowed up by a black hole or whatever else maybe out there...

edit on 7-10-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I can't imagine that an alien would just stick something in Earth orbit and expect it to remain there for any length of time, particularly low Earth orbit. The Earth constantly attracts all kinds of space debris like meteors, and putting a satellite in orbit would be like putting it in a shooting gallery. Putting an observation station on the Moon would create the same problems, and would limit maneuverability and the ability to broadcast observation data to a relay station.

If I was an alien, where would I put something where it could silently observe for a long time, it wouldn't be immediately detected should the inhabitants rapidly develop radio and radar, and would also be out of a gravity well and out of the line of fire of stray asteroids and meteors? Assuming it would have some kind of robotic maneuverability and could move in and out of Earth orbit as necessary to check out any interesting developments, I'd put it in Lagrange Point L2, which is in synchronous orbit with the Earth, but always in its shadow.

Lagrange Points

You'd never see it as a star in the sky, it could still drop down a little closer to Earth if it detected anything interesting like a radio signal, then it could take itself back up and go back into hiding without being seen. I suppose it could also hide out in L4 or L5 and pretend to be an asteroid, but it would also risk bumping into debris accumulating there.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

andy1972
Why is it everytime i see the photo of the Black Knight i think "vimana"

What does pre-Columbian gold jewelry have to do with Hindu mythology?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

As your clearly the expert on the subject...you tell me...what is the object exactly, what DOES it represent...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

andy1972
reply to post by draknoir2

As your clearly the expert on the subject...you tell me...what is the object exactly, what DOES it represent...

I didn't post it... you did. I would expect there to be some reason behind it.

Guess not.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Darkblade71

t is farther up the ...ummm...in fact, it is the first picture on the thread.
The images I posted are of the same object, all taken within two minutes of each other.

I realize it is to big for a chair.
Again. On what do you base the size estimation?

It does seem to be something though doesn't it?
Of course it is.

My question is, if it was so important, why has it not been taken out of orbit?
What makes you think it is still in orbit?

You would think the space shuttle could get close enough to at last check it out, so to me that suggests junk, in all reality.
The pictures were taken from a shuttle.

The images are of debris which was lost during an EVA on mission STS-88.

Same old disinformation. That seems to be all we hear from you these days. Never anything positive. I find myself skipping over posts and that is sad. What happened to what it could be instead of always what it's not. You are way to smart for that I don't get it.

It should be about what it could be...............................................................

The Bot

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

It could be a lost thermal cover, since there is a video provided from the astronauts that were filming when it was lost.

dlbott
Same old disinformation.

Of course it's more likely that Phage and Jim Oberg, being the disinformation masters that they are, were able to hire the best Hollywood special effects artists that ever lived and produced a fake video of some astronauts losing the exact same shaped object, all in a matter of days. Yes, that is much more likely...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If the Black Knight exists and if it is pre 1957 ( The launch of Sputnik ). Why is it still in orbit ?
A satellite at a 500 km orbit has a lifetime of around 10 years, and one at 1000 km altitude will stay in orbit for thousands of years.

As far as I'm aware it is of common belief that the Black Night orbits at around 400 km , so if it is space debris or an ancient satellite , it really shouldn't still be up there .
edit on 7-10-2013 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Actually it's taken them some 4- 5 years to come up with the current explanation. There's been threads before about it and I've asked straight out, why it took so long to just divvy up the explanation if certain people knew all along? In my book, deliberately withholding mundane evidence, is a classic disinformation tactic.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

dlbott

Same old disinformation. That seems to be all we hear from you these days. Never anything positive. I find myself skipping over posts and that is sad. What happened to what it could be instead of always what it's not. You are way to smart for that I don't get it.

It should be about what it could be...............................................................

The Bot

I have followed the "Black Knight" satellite threads and I have come to the conclusion that while there are some factual basis to some of it, there is loads and loads of disinformation being piled on - or maybe it is just well meaning people who keep adding totally unrelated tidbits (like the space blanket photo), to the story.

From what I know, the one part of the story that really happened is that two astronomers out of New Mexico discovered two "artificial moons" had entered earth orbit about 1953. They later claimed these were "natural moons" that somehow just happened to both get captured by earths gravitational field at the same time. The astonomers were Lincoln LaPaz and Clyde Tombaugh. See this wikipedia entry:
LaPaz and Tombaugh

The two astronomers were involved in the study of the mysterious green fireballs. (some people claim that some of these fireballs do not behave like normal meteors).

If anyone can actually find any other parts of the "Black Knight Satellite" story that has documentary support, I'd be interested in reading about it.

Note that these "moons" were NOT ever identified (at the time) as the "Black Knight Satellite". (neither one "moon", nor the other "moon"). They had equatorial orbits, not a polar orbit.

I have noticed that a lot of posts here on ATS seem to repeat the same old disinformation over and over. I do sometimes get the feeling that the site is perhaps being used to disseminate disinformation to deliberately undermine many UFO cases which do remain unresolved mysteries.

It is possible that this is a natural occurring feature of the UFO phenomena - that people naturally hear some story that is probably the most unbelievable hogwash, but it gets layered onto a story that has a factual basis, and gets repeated - because people like to focus on the most bizarre details, and pretty soon, you can't separate truth from all the hogwash.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

TDawg61

Originally posted by mirageman
Thanks for an interesting thread Gazrok. I think these pictures have been discussed before and they are intriguing. As is the story of the Black Knight satellite.

There are some people out there on the web and saying in some publications that these images have been removed by NASA as part of a cover up.

Which is patently not the case. These photos were taken in 1998 according to the NASA database.

One I find interesting is this one

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

close up of object

The object looks like it has somekind of propulsion although it may just be reflections from the light of the Sun.

Maybe Mr. Oberg will be along to confirm what these photos show?

edit on 31/5/13 by mirageman because: corrections
That "space debris"looks awfully symmetricaly formed to me.Debris my ass!

I've read that some people say this is nothing more than a blanket? If that is the case what is reflecting the light? Do we have any pictures of what this blanket looks like on Earth? Are there any metal buttons or anything on it that could cause a reflection?
edit on 8-10-2013 by Artlicious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join