It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight Satellite

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thanks Jim and Phage thread closed?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

I'm done! This was a good effort to answer serious questions and it required original research about the STS-88 pix. There was an awfully lot of new archival material from the 1960 period I'd never seen collected before. Thanks, everybody!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I dont think so!

The legend of the elusive Black Knight probe is still out there and its a shame the topic was tagged to a few Nasa pics and debunked forthwith.

Happy hunting

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

I don't know what thread you were reading, but this one shows there never was a black knight satellite. The term black knight comes from John Keel's book Disneyland of the Gods where he strung together a bunch of unrelated stories. Years later the internet helped muddy the waters by adding even more unrelated bits, like the NASA pics in the OP.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Forgive me if this has been posted, but I came across it as a recommendation on youtube. Allegedly from March of this year. Entitled; 'Black Knight Satellite Returns?'

I became interested in this particular subject thanks to someone on this site in another thread suggesting a link to Philip K Dick (which I believe the OP also mentioned). Anyways, fascinating thread and subject in general for sure.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
^

From description of video;

I do not know 'wot' it is but yes, it resembles the Black Knight Satellite a bit, fo sho. Love it!

Tear it apart guys. Until we know for sure it's "them" to me.

Image credit - NASA, ISS Live Feed

(this is from March by the way but I didn't find the original, good luck if you dig for it)

Again, from March of this year. (If it hasn't been mentioned already)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If the black knight urban myth is real, I wonder how it would fair against a white horse?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
With the greatest of respect , talking to Jim about the Black Knight is like asking a Rabbi to recommend you a Bacon Sarnie recipe. Jim's a "nuts and bolts" sorta guy, just like Stanton Friedman, the moment there's the slightest notion of anything that might involve a quota of whibble he's gone in a flurry of harrumphs and mutterings.

In the early days of radio such luminaries as Tesla and Marconi both claimed to have received transmissions from outer-space when we sure as hell didn't have anything up there. Now there's any number of natural sources out there they might well have picked up so who knows? Chances are, yes they were naturally occurring signals, then again, we don't have them so we can't actually say for certain.

In Dick's case he was undergoing a amphetamine psychosis and whilst there is no doubt, people suffering such a state have hallucinations of all kinds, aural and visual, that doesn't mean everything they claim is therefore total BS.

In actual fact, the work Dick wrote in state is incredibly erudite and unbelievably detailed in its' prose. It is both rib tickling funny and at the same time, heart-rending in its' frank and deep honesty. One thing I do know, it sure ain;t comfortable reading and particularly so for those who are scared of such behaviour. See, most people only have "One flew over the cuckoos nest" to judge by or, the actions of relatives who were totally overwhelmed by the onset of these moods. The truth is, some can be drowning in a sea of mental suffering one moment and super lucid the next in a way that scares the bejeezus out of "normal" folk.

Dicks' own internal dialogue with himself over such revelations as the Black Knight was far more scathing of the idea on a deeply personal level, than any non entity self appointed keeper of the truth online. Dick's own critique of the idea was merciless and yet, after he came through the experience something told him that that part of it had some merit as a "real" incident. Remember this, this wasn't some clichéd balmcake who was hearing voices telling them what to do. This was merely a facilitator, something that simply said... "This is what I am you deal with it".

In other words, Dick came out of the experience satisfied it wasn't simply his own ego turned rampant, that created the experience. The thing is, down through the years I have met and spoken to others who, without Dick's psychosis, have had very similar experiences they, to this day, would never claim to fully understand. These are "Professional People" who hold down every day jobs and to all intents and purposes, come across as "Mr and Ms Joe/Josephine average", if slightly better educated than many. What fascinates me about many of these people's experiences is that, they do involve "contact" with something that they are told has been around our solar system for millennia.

Now, one of the problems with trying study this whole subject in any meaningful manner is this. One can say, almost certainly that, those who have has similar experiences and yet have never been deemed "mentally ill" are never going to tell anyone about it for fear of losing their jobs, their home lives and all they have worked for. See, no-one pays any heed to the rambling hobo, the dishevelled street kid with no real verbal skills when they claim something similar. They are just residents of Barking and that's that, case closed, don't need to know any more than that. However, it's an altogether different scenario should some doctor tell you this sort of tale. So they don;t and we left with a small, yet significant number of people, who have had similar experiences to Dick, sans the chemical stimulants and believe they were "contacted". Because the "contact" was benign and often personally mentally beneficial there is a core oft hose who, to the right person, will open up about it. They themselves are usually their own biggest critic and are the first to say, "I'm sure you'll think I'm being delusional etc however...."

So OK, we could convincingly argue that these incidents are no different to the "spiritual experiences" people have been undergoing since time immemorial, merely updated for the age we live in and that to is a wholly valid hypothesis. However, it is my experience whilst it would be far more convenient to label all such incidents as aberrations of the normal human internal dialogue, brought on by any number of outside parties there is that nagging feeling that. Actually yes, there is something to these experiences that needs further understanding as they do indeed bare the hallmarks of many people's psycho reactions to "nuts and bolts" UFO sightings.

Continued in next post...

edit on 14-7-2013 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2013 by FireMoon because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Continued from last post......

So, by all means, wrap yourself in your jettisoned space blankie, google yourself into a salivating frenzy and convince yourself time and time again, wyrds***, isn't worthy of consideration. That;s your choice however, bare in mind as I type and post this I will bet you some perfectly normal and well adjusted person, somewhere in this world who is. right now struggling to come to terms with what just "happened" to them> Others wil be having a good chuckle and thinking.."Yeah right i can deal with that". Most will keep it to themselves or select few they know will "understand".

Ufology is about having a copy of "Practical Engineering" in one hand and "The Cosmic Trigger" in the other. Everything we seem to know about UFOs tends to suggest, an interface between technology and the mind. Frankly, if you aren't prepared to deal with that possibility, you'r e probably wasting your time.
edit on 14-7-2013 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I just wait for the day when people are open to life before humans and past Earth. Maybe secrets wont be held so tightly then.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
intresting. Never heard of this before. will have to look abit more into it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Really your asking for the thread to be closed? they haven't debunked anything.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

According to them yes, but thats not what it looks like.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I believe it is man made.. But from an older advanced human civilizations. The human race is millions of years old..
we go through periods of great advancement a d then rapid decay back to the Stone Age. This is their technology left in polar orbit by them. They may have left things on the moon also.. Maybe mars but that's a long shot..

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

It has being debunked forthwith with whom again? i dont think so, phage always thinks he can debunk everything,

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
To the guy who suggested the thread be closed, all I can say is don't be so ridiculous. What an absurdly arrogant comment. What gives you the right to call the winner on this long-standing, complex debate?!

So a couple of pictures have been questioned? Go and do some reading - there is much more to this story than a couple of pictures. And even then, the issues raised with the pictures are hardly conclusive. A few too many people around here are a bit too eager to accept this guy Phage's points without question, thought or debate. I don't know who he is, and although I'm sure he's a smart chap,the simpering attitude some have towards him here makes me cringe.

So no. Thread not closed.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There is nearly 0 information on Discoverer 5 & 6. I found a youtube video and a newspaper clipping from 1959. There is also a wikipedia page for Discoverer 1 which says almost nothing. Was there a Discoverer 2-4? Why is there almost no information about THE first steps into America's space program?!

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by onemisterx

Part of the confusion is that they were called Discoverer at the time in public but were really part of the Corona reconnaissance satellite program. Every launch (including failures) is listed in en.wikipedia.org....

The whole Black Knight story is summarised at Astronotes.

edit on 23-7-2013 by LostCosmonaut because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2013 by LostCosmonaut because: Fixing missing link

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostCosmonaut
reply to post by onemisterx

Part of the confusion is that they were called Discoverer at the time in public but were really part of the Corona reconnaissance satellite program. Every launch (including failures) is listed in en.wikipedia.org....

The whole Black Knight story is summarised at Astronotes.

edit on 23-7-2013 by LostCosmonaut because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2013 by LostCosmonaut because: Fixing missing link

interesting non-data about the "success" of the last one deployed:

this page says that the "overall image quality is good"....note the word "is"
www.bls.gov...

and yet the following pages shows "no experiments returned"
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov... 1115

and "no data collections returned"
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov... 1115

and yet the "launch data" shows
a launch date of 1971-09-10 and a decay date of 1971-10-05
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

what is so secret about this that after 42 years, there is no information????

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
what is so secret about this that after 42 years, there is no information????

Please try to look harder. There are search skills that can be better honed, this is good practice.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join