It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question re: homosexuality

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee
The Church in the United States is free to practice in whatever way it wished, just has it always has.

If the Danes forced Churches to marry homosexuals, the Danes never actually -had- freedom of religion.

So all that matters is the churches freedom? When an institution denies a part of the community, that is not freedom, it is discrimination. Should the church be free to deny blacks, fat people, skinny people, single mothers, anyone? If it did then it wouldn't be practicing Christianity now would it?

That is just completely illogical. Period. Just any excuse to hate something you don't understand or just disagree with. You really expect the world to be organised to your tastes?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by Propulsion

No I don't, but I would keep my children from it. I love an awesome pair of t!t$! But I don't want my children to see them..!
Hows it any different? You have every ability to keep your kids away from gay pride parades. Yet you have a huge issue with them, and not with a place where nudity and sexual depravity is encouraged.

See that....thats called hypocrisy (not to mention that you are now caught in a lie, as you said in your previous post that it wasnt about homosexuals, that you had a problem with ALL displays like that).

Mardi Gras is in New Orleans. I know to keep my children from it. But when a gay parade is brought to my backyard, than “yes”, it is a problem...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

That doesn't even make sense.

Rom: 9:13 "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

What has that got to do with hating "fags".

Do "christians" even read the Bible?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Mardi Gras is in New Orleans. I know to keep my children from it. But when a gay parade is brought to my backyard, than “yes”, it is a problem...
If you're letting them throw a parade in your backyard, that is your issue. What I assume you really meant, was in the city that you live.

Guess what....you still dont have to take them there.

In the end, your hypocritical nature on this is exposed, and your attempt to make the "i have an issue with ANYONE who does displays like this" statement has been shown as a lie.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Isn't it better to educate those kids into why they are having a parade in the first place? after years of abuse gay people can let go and be who they are...have you even been to a gay parade? they are not just humping each other all the way you know.
Gay parades are not about sex, they are about freedom to be who you want to be and kids will understand this, they will not become gay because of a parade.....

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Unfortunately, it seems that teaching kids to tolerate others is not the way it is done these days.

Too may people afraid that their kids will catch the gay virus.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

The Church in the United States is free to practice in whatever way it wished, just has it always has.

If the Danes forced Churches to marry homosexuals, the Danes never actually -had- freedom of religion.

So all that matters is the churches freedom? When an institution denies a part of the community, that is not freedom, it is discrimination. Should the church be free to deny blacks, fat people, skinny people, single mothers, anyone? If it did then it wouldn't be practicing Christianity now would it?

That is just completely illogical. Period. Just any excuse to hate something you don't understand or just disagree with. You really expect the world to be organised to your tastes?

Any church -is- free to deny blacks, fat people, skinny people, single mothers, or gays. If you want to call that discrimination, I would agree. However, it is protected speech under the First Amendment of the United States.

I don't care about Christianity, and I don't have to. If the Christians want to accept or ban gays, that is their business. However, they cannot tell me what I do with my life either, or rather they can, but I don't have to listen, and neither does our government. This is why religious objection to a law isn't a legal priority.

It appears that you are the one that wants the world organized to your tastes.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

Why is it your problem?

We all have to deal with other cultures we may not like, we do not have a right to stop anyone doing what they feel is right for them, as long it doesn't harm others.

I'll bet you don't think twice about doing what you consider "normal", well neither does anyone else. What is "normal" to you is disdained by some people. No one has a right to claim what is normal, or acceptable.

It's nothing but selfishness to want everything to be the way you want it to be. Why should someone conform to your normality just to keep you happy? Maybe you should spend some more time looking at yourself, and let other people live their lives.

"Christians" are the most judgmental people on the planet. You have it all so wrong, he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sunday. You can't keep using God to justify your own immorality.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Any church -is- free to deny blacks, fat people, skinny people, single mothers, or gays. If you want to call that discrimination, I would agree. However, it is protected speech under the First Amendment of the United States.

No it isn't. Discrimination is not covered by free speech.

A Harris County court has ruled that authorities at a Houston church discriminated against a disabled woman when they banned her from worship after she raised concerns about restroom accessibility. Malaika Adan filed suit in 2010 against Beth Yeshua HaMashiach, a church of about 100 for Jewish and non-Jewish believers, after she was asked not to return to services temporarily after a conflict over the facility's restrooms, court documents show.

www.chron.com...

Free speech doesn't cover your ass when you discriminate. Hate speech is not free speech.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Whether you like it or not we're all bisexual, to a degree There is no such thing as straight or gay, just extremes along the line. I would suggest that most of the anti homosexual people are more inclined to be closeted homosexuals and just terrified through social conditioning of their own true nature.
Sexuality really is one big grey blurry area. It really doesn't matter you are who or what you are, enjoy! Labels are irrelevant, as is marriage and religion, and marriage has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

No it isn't. Discrimination is not covered by free speech.

A Harris County court has ruled that authorities at a Houston church discriminated against a disabled woman when they banned her from worship after she raised concerns about restroom accessibility. Malaika Adan filed suit in 2010 against Beth Yeshua HaMashiach, a church of about 100 for Jewish and non-Jewish believers, after she was asked not to return to services temporarily after a conflict over the facility's restrooms, court documents show.

www.chron.com...

Free speech doesn't cover your ass when you discriminate. Hate speech is not free speech.

This had nothing to do with discrimination and everything to do with building codes involving the ADA. No where in the ruling did the court order the Church to take this woman back.

Reading the ruling for yourself here.
law.justia.com...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks this thread has gone way too far?

Gays will do what they will, as will straights.

All this bickering and attention-seeking is exactly what the powers want. While you're all arguing about Christianity and gay rights, there are bigger problems in the world that have yet to be solved, or even debated about.

I think a lot of people here using the Westboro Baptist church as ammunition against Christians are ignorant losers. Seriously. ALL believers are not Westboro Baptist church members, and many of them don't act anything like what radical Bible thumpers you make them out to be like.

Stop hate mongering.

The whole of "gay controversy" needs to stop being such a touchy, sensitive topic. The longer you guys get worked up and emotional over it, the more the powers can use it to distract the public from real problems.

When the gay marriage controversy was all over the news, the Monstanto Protection Act was signed into play while gays and Bible thumpers were whining back and forth to one another.

Wake up. Gay controversy is NOT a real issue.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Its not a real issue to people who arent being oppressed.

Start taking away YOUR rights, and I bet that will become a HUGE deal to you.

On top of that, if people would simply STOP trying to keep certain sects of our population relegated to lesser beings, instead of treating all equally, this WOULD be a non-issue.

It really is quite simple: No discrimination, no outcry.

edit on 30-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Its not a real issue to people who arent being oppressed.

Start taking away YOUR rights, and I bet that will become a HUGE deal to you.

On top of that, if people would simply STOP trying to keep certain sects of our population relegated to lesser beings, instead of treating all equally, this WOULD be a non-issue.

It really is quite simple: No discrimination, no outcry.

edit on 30-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

Ha! HA-HA! You're funny.

Listen, I don't know where you've been, but EVERYONE has their rights unrightfully taken from them if they're under a crooked justice system. Gays aren't the only victims here.

Not only that, but you also can't deny that gay rights have become somewhat of an emotional blackmail button that the powers engineered to rile you all up when they have something more important going on behind the curtains.

I've been wronged by authority before. More than once. Just because I don't know what its like to be "Treated different, because I'm gay!" doesn't mean I'm in the dark, and exempt from political authoritarian corruption.

All I'm saying is, there are bigger problems that don't get half as much recognition as this gay controversy crap does. And that is a fact.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
I think a lot of people here using the Westboro Baptist church as ammunition against Christians are ignorant losers. Seriously. ALL believers are not Westboro Baptist church members, and many of them don't act anything like what radical Bible thumpers you make them out to be like.

I used the WBC picture to illustrate the that exact point. I am glad someone caught on.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

It is a violation of your rights for any business, or church, to refuse service based on, race, sexual orientation etc.

The Federal Civil Rights Act guarantees all people the right to "full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."

And again discrimination is not protected under free speech...

On the other hand, a California court decided that a restaurant owner could not refuse to seat a gay couple in a semi-private booth where the restaurant policy was to only seat two people of opposite sexes in such booths. There was no legitimate business reason for the refusal of service, and so the discrimination was arbitrary and unlawful.

www.legalzoom.com...

Allowing public services to simply deny access to anyone they want is what happened before Human rights laws were enacted. Private property when used for business, or public service, is not like your personal home, you can't just arbitrarily decide who you serve.

Denying someone service is not an expression of your free speech, it is discrimination, period.

What twisted logic some people have to justify hate, amazing...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Ha! HA-HA! You're funny
I see noting funny about the fact that some of you cant be bothered to see the wrongs in our society so long as it doesnt directly effect them.

Listen, I don't know where you've been, but EVERYONE has their rights unrightfully taken from them if they're under a crooked justice system. Gays aren't the only victims here.
Great. Perhaps those groups should organize and demand it.
Using this as a defense is kind of like saying "well, lots of people have been the victim of genocide, so current genocides dont matter".

Not only that, but you also can't deny that gay rights have become somewhat of an emotional blackmail button that the powers engineered to rile you all up when they have something more important going on behind the curtains.
No question about it. That doesnt make it any less impactful on the people that it directly effects.

I've been wronged by authority before. More than once. Just because I don't know what its like to be "Treated different, because I'm gay!" doesn't mean I'm in the dark, and exempt from political authoritarian corruption.
But you are. You downplay its importance. You say it should be a non issue. Its easy to say such things, when you are not the one being effected.

All I'm saying is, there are bigger problems that don't get half as much recognition as this gay controversy crap does. And that is a fact.
"Gay controversy crap". 'nuff said.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

So then everyone should just shut up and take it when their rights are trampled on?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by markosity1973

Don't hate you at all.
Not to the least degree or in the least way.

Oddly, perhaps, I am actually glad and relieved that you rescued each other from horrific and devastating hopelessness. I may not know how to explain that to anyone's satisfaction. It's is, nevertheless, just true.

Having read all of your posts in your thread, I know that this is a big admission from you. I am humbled by it and I forgive you

I can see that we will probably have to agree to disagree over the issue of gay marriage, and you know what, I am fine with that. I don't expect everyone in this world to change their view.

Just remember though, you don't know our back stories in the gay community. While a lot of straight people might find my own life story remarkable and tragic, in the gay community it becomes rather ordinary. We may put up a brave and sometimes offensive face, but underneath it all a lot of us have had very difficult lives.

edit on 30-5-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

It amazes how people can claim they live in the "free world", yet they are completely intolerant of other peoples lives.

Doesn't freedom imply freedom for all, or just for you and your kind?

You know it's not only government that can tyrannize...

it means freedom as long as it's not 'Our Kind' getting treated the same,

Religion or not that is what the point is about, being told we cannot do something based on our Sexuality, based on who we are attracted to, regardless of anything else that is the main point we are being denied privileges and rights based on one fact, our Sexuality

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join