It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why No Disclosure Yet?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Im sorry to explain simple answer - if you choose to believe in, or have seen such phenomenon, then naturally you will research and acquire knowledge - those that do not believe will simply be unprepared to accept, and such a statement by government would be washed over and generally deteriorate trust in the government.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
its not up to the government.

The ETs are calling all the shots, I believe the ETs are the ones who want to stay hidden.

If the ETs wanted to be known, do you think Obama or anyone has the power to stop them? lol hmm no.

I would not be surprised if the ETs have been coming to earth way before humans ever existed, and for whatever reason they have, seem to have absolutely no interest in engaging the masses of Earth.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

controlling the population

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think that the alien presence is real, and that there are obvious reasons for hiding this knowledge. First and foremost: knowledge is power! I do not believe that humanity could not handle the presence of aliens. We can handle the presence of aids. We can handle the fact that we may get cancer one day. People are quite capable of accepting things that they cannot control.

The whole idea of UFO/ET's visiting Earth is entirely possible, and even probable, for those with an open mind. Look at us humans: We have an insatiable urge to discover, and are now actively planning a colony on Mars. We have found several Earth-like planets, and this in our own galaxy. It is not a stretch at all to reason that all the other galaxies out there are also filled with inhabitable planets. We are already planning to inhabit Mars in the near future, so there is also the possibility of life on 'inhabitable' planets.

Ever since we came into existence, we have learned to bridge distance more efficiently. It honestly baffles me how one can think that we now have figured out all the limits to traveling great distances. And this isn't even taking into account the possibility of inter-dimensional and time-travel. How closed-minded can you be? I don't want to sound offensive. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Chances are that if there are many civilizations out there, we are not the most advanced one. And just look at how amazingly fast we are advancing! The industrial revolution was only 200 years ago... Imagine what a civilization millions or maybe even billions of years ahead of us has figured out. We may very well be so low on the evolutionary ladder to these aliens that they don't even know how to communicate with us. Just like we don't know how to communicate with a lizard.
And even if we could, our agenda would probably be quite different from theirs. Remember, we generally leave lizards alone, except for the very small percentage that we 'abduct' and study. We also help animals (and plants) along in their survival once in a while. If advanced aliens are here, then the relationship between them and us might be very similar.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

The coast line of America looks like - well, whatever you think it should look like. Rohrschach.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Cause millions of dollars of investment into military weapons would fail in comparison with a civilization that been around for a long time. Not only that, it would obviously scare the crap out of religions and cultures.

Also they could have a prime directive like star trek, where its like they will help out with thing that are out of league or not supposed to be on earth. But won't involve themselves into politics or war. And will only appear once we have reached a certain technological plateau(much like star trek), or our societies become more accepted to the idea of people from another planetary neighborhood.

edit on 14-5-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulwaxer
We may very well be so low on the evolutionary ladder to these aliens that they don't even know how to communicate with us.

These beings know VERY well how to communicate with us.

The countless blatant lies show that they are extremely skilled at pretending to be aliens.

This also proves that they have a stealth agenda which is the real reason behind all the deception and secrecy.

The thousands of contacts with the entities indicate that they are liars and put-on artists. John Keel www.scribd.com...

Why the desire to change our beliefs? These aliens had a clear teaching agenda. But why was it so important for these aliens to change our traditional spiritual beliefs? (Ibid., p.33)

Some folk are only too keen, observes Bates, “to imbibe the stories told by these visiting entities, though they cannot scientifically establish their origin or indeed their reality in the physical realm. We do know that the so-called space brothers have established a pattern of telling us things that have been proven to be demonstrably false. One should then ask, ‘Should they be trusted either?’ After all, if they have lied, should they not be treated as liars?” (Ibid., p.221)

Aliens - Jonathan Gray (PDF)

They are inveterate liars and deceivers, and delight in bamboozling and misleading mankind with all manner of nonsense. They are addicted to the abduction or kidnapping of humans.

The True Nature Of The 'UFO Entities'

"One theory which can no longer be taken very seriously is that UFOs are interstellar spaceships." - Arthur C. Clarke

“UFOs are real but they are not physical. They are messengers of deception”Jacques Vallee

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I am in complete agreement with that. Apparently though....there are many others that think some single unified groups-of-groups-group... will stand together on some mountain-top with all the top-secret organizations and governments and secret societies of the entire world and make a single announcement. "They're H-E-R-E!!!!" Please... is right!

Theyve been here...they are here...and they'll keep coming back here. Look around at the wonders youve mentioned. Ancient Aliens is far-closer to the truth than the possibility that ancient man used soft copper tools to create some of these monuments.

Disclosure will never be accepted by all nor proven beyond a doubt. Someone will always be there to say "Nah! Didnt happen! Those are fallen angels anyway...demons you know? Ain't no such thing as aliens.!"

So every point you made....is right on the money. Thanks

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
My take on this subject has always been straight foward.

1. The government knows full well the existance of ET and knows why they are visiting our planet

or

2. The government knows that ET does exist but doesn't know if their friend or foe.

In either case my guess is the government wouldn't want to have to explain either scenario. The government has worked very hard to discredit any information or stories on the subject so there must be a pretty good reason why?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
First, it assumes there is something to disclose. If not, well there's your answer.

So, since that is a rather moot point, let's assume (as I do) that there IS something to disclose. That something being that aliens are visiting Earth, and our government/s are aware of the fact.

This then implies collusion. The aliens want to keep it secret (otherwise THEY would have made their own disclosure) and the government wants to keep it secret (same thing). It follows there is a REASON for the secrecy.

So, in order for disclosure to happen, the reason for the secrecy must be outweighed by the benefit of revealing them to the public (for at least one of the two parties). Presumably, this hasn't happened yet. Something would need to CHANGE to then force disclosure by one of the two (aliens or government).

A whistleblower alone cannot do it. Any such person can easily be discredited, even with physical evidence (confiscated in the interest of national security, claiming it as something else, etc.). The establishment of the ridicule factor remains to be the best defense the secret has.

So, what is the alien agenda? After all, this is the sticking point. Many can make sense, but the most common ones don't. I doubt they are here to enslave us (could have done it more easily before now). I doubt they are here to study us (plenty of time since, for that). They don't need resources (can travel the stars, an endless supply of ANYTHING). They don't want to help us (or they would have by now).

So, where does that leave us?

My best guess is that we discovered them before we were supposed to. I think they were monitoring us, there was a mishap, and we recovered one of their craft (1947). So, they are kind of stuck. But, they may have some kind of prime directive keeping them from interfering. (or perhaps they feel we are dangerous enough on our own, let alone with their tech). In any case, the government would have wanted something to keep quiet, if even to not let the public know that a technologically superior force was out there.

Most don't see how this would be bad (having access to new tech), but think about it....really think about it. A simple common item on their planet could completely kill an entire industry if it made it obsolete! Imagine an energy cube, for example, that could power anything for a human lifetime. Energy industry? Gone. Dependent industries? Gone., etc. All overnight. And that's just ONE invention.

So, my assumption is that we are on a kind of galactic "probation". Could even explain the abrupt halt to our major manned space efforts. Who knows?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree with you on the majority of what you said. One thing I'm indifferent about is that I believe they are here to study us. You have to take into consideration that their timeline would not be the same as how we view our timeline. They could be primarily studying us as a species, the effect we are having on our planet, or both. If it is both, I feel there will be a breaking point in which they would decide it was time to intervene. It makes sense that observing our species would outweigh the effect on our planet, because if we are able to become technologically advanced, somewhat similar to where they could be, we would be able to eventually rescue ourselves to another world. With or without Disclosure, I feel it is up to us to figure out how to survive on this planet.

If any help was to be given to us, I believe it would be when we have finally shifted our intentions towards the correct path. Instead of them having to save us from ourselves. What's the point in saving something that won't create the means to save itself. It's kind of the cosmic "fool me once" scenario but with a much tighter leash that might come from milleniums of experience.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

Originally posted by ctdannyd
I believe that the main reason is that there have been so many lies, for so long, and at such extremes, that if they come out with the truth, the world would never trust us again (not that we're really all that trusted these days).
Who is the we you are talking about. IE they would never trust us again. Who is they in that sentence?

The USA.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
All this talk about disclosure time and again,There are at least 5-6 threads floating around like this one

The question keeps popping from time to time,My belief is that the potus since many are expecting him to disclose dosent know anything,he isnt briefed on this.I believe at some point potus got left out of the loop.On a need to know basis only...

We are probably barking up the wrong tree

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Just disclosure on what has been going on on earth will dislodge a few brain stems. You want to disclose aliens before that? First things first lest you want to miss all the fun.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Are they real? Yes, they are something, but "what" is certainly what everyone would like to know.
Does the government know "what"? Yes, some of them certainly do.

However, there is absolutely nothing in the plus column for the government to disclose anything, unless some incident makes it imperative that they do so, or exposes that information in a way that it cannot be denied. Voluntarily, it just is not going to happen. .

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The government won't say where they come from.
What you saw don't matter if it's gone.
While the Sun is bright,
Or in the darkest night,
Most don't know,
They come and go.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Unfortunately, there will never be a disclosure statement from any of the major nations. It will be a slow dripping tap until all of humanity realizes that we are really not alone in the universe. By then disclosure will have already happened.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
There was disclosure. You folk just did not like what was disclosed. So you ignore it. I will give it to you again.

"There are things in the sky. We do not know where they come from or where they go. They can be dangerous, so avoid them. They appear to be intelligent or at least curious."

That's it. That it what was disclosed and it is the truth. Why would the government know more? There are things in the sky. Usually small balls of light. They appear and disappear at will. No one knows where they come from or go. They interfere with electronics and can bring a plane down by touching it.

Has anyone seen anything that would contradict this? Every UFO video I have ever seen shows small balls of light. Has there ever been a clear picture of anything else called a UFO? I have not seen one.

We had disclosure. Pay attention. Why would the government know more?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
Seriously? The majority of people around the world firmly believe in UFO's and extraterrestrials and more and more credible people are coming forward backing their existence (Citizens Hearing On Disclosure and UFO's). Why doesn't The President address the topic to the world once and for all? It wouldn't cause a crisis like some would believe, it is already widely accepted that they're real.

Spending too much time browsing Above Top Secret can certainly give you the "impression" that the majority of people believe in ET visiting Earth (even though you don't state it, I think this is what you are implying).........but I suspect you are wrong....... the actual people who "believe" that ET is visiting Earth is a minority world view.

I suspect you are right though in your thinking that any ET disclosure would not cause a crisis of faith amongst the world religions........quite simply because religions always tend to have the capacity to "accommodate" new discoveries........and will retrospectively claim that certain texts in their "holy" books have made reference to ETs already.......... in political circles this is more commonly know as "spin".

As for evidence of ETs visiting Earth, it's not exactly strong evidence, with the vast majority of reported cases being "lights in the sky"...........which really could be anything.........and besides If an mega advance alien race was visiting Earth, you would have thought they would have discovered "stealth" by now!
So if something is lit up like a Christmas tree in the sky..........it's more of an argument that it's not ET come calling.

If you think there is strong evidence for ET visiting Earth, please enlighten me as most "evidence" used to support the claim of Earth ETs doesn't stand up to much scrutiny.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join