It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brooklyn neighborhood on police lockdown following protest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7

You never know with RT news but it seems something is going on.

Why do you say that, Tanda? I'm not saying your full of crap, but maybe you have some material on RT that I haven't seen before I.E. proven propaganda.

Please forward that stuff to me. I'm always looking for bias media.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

It does. Most of these cops are brainwashed d!cks following orders. If you think for a sec that when the going gets tough these cops and military personnel won't shoot you in cold blood because you don't want to relinquish your firearm you got something else coming folks.

The harsh reality of this situation is that just as many cops and military will be shot and killed. Yet even more innocence will die too because of this. Don't know about you guys but if they show up at my door step acting bossy on my property i am not even opening the door, I will simply unlock it and yell one time... come in if your ready to die today.

Am I in the wrong because I will not abandon my rights, or are they wrong for taking them away? I don't thinks I would fell completely justified.
edit on 12-3-2013 by beastnwokillah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OperationIraqiFailure

Originally posted by tanda7

You never know with RT news but it seems something is going on.

Why do you say that, Tanda? I'm not saying your full of crap, but maybe you have some material on RT that I haven't seen before I.E. proven propaganda.

Please forward that stuff to me. I'm always looking for bias media.

I made that remark because more than once I've noticed headlines from them (and others) that are sometimes a little blown out of proportion. When I couldn't find any supporting sources for the "Brooklyn neighborhood on Police lock down" story, I started to wonder if some small incident had prompted a very hyperbolic headline.

Actually I very much enjoy RTNews because they seem less influenced by the considerations that dictate MSM in America today, but I've learned that most news media will spin a story in such a way to suit their own agenda and/or the sentiments of their readership and I doubt RTNews is immune to this.

ETA The above statement is just my opinion, but if I ever do come across material on RT I will be sure to post it.
edit on 12-3-2013 by tanda7 because: eta

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
A few sources calling for more protest tonight;

www.slate.com...

Activists and community members have organized another protest for tonight (here's the Facebook page), suggesting the possibility the Gray's death could become a larger flashpoint for what is already clearly a frayed relationship between the police officers and the community they are charged with protecting.

www.facebook.com...

Vigil/protest/march/FTP all in one, Tonight 3/12/13 at 7pm, we all going to meet at 52nd St. and Church Ave. Bring friends, share with your networks and bring noise makers. We need to demand for justice by any mean necessary. The killing has to stop. Enough is Enough!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

On Monday night, the violence just a few blocks away from where Gray was shot had ended by about 10:15 p.m., but the crowd remained for at least another hour, until organizers announced that the protest was over for the evening and would resume the following day.

The facebook page has 4,878 invited, 359 going and 125 maybes, at the time of this post.

edit on 12-3-2013 by tanda7 because: stats

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
After having been jailed on false charges and tortured into a plea bargain so i could get medical attention......
believe me i dont love cops.
Matter of fact they are not people i generally lose any sleep over their [passing.
Trouble is Xcathedra s a pertty damn decent dude and id hate for it to be him .....
Thats one of the things that helps keep my anger in check some days.....

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Those cops better get things in order. Those people are rioting on speculation. It's unfortunate that people have to act like uncivilized animals because they don't like cops.

The only uncivilized animal here is YOU, cop. Just as tons of people are sent to prison by these thugs, just on PURE speculation of crime. This is how the US got the biggest prison population on the entire planet, in just about 20 years.

But don't even try... wearing a badge doesn't grant you moral superiority.Actually badges seems to have become very good hideouts for mass-murdering sadists like NYPD's cannibal cop!

You'd better get things in your head in order... seems to be quite a mess.
edit on 12/3/13 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Streaming live now;www.livestream.com...

and;www.ustream.tv...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

I'm watching this and some of the things being said in these speeches are scary. The crowd repeating everything said is abit to fast, not sure everyone is listening to what they're saying before they're saying it.

One thing I hear being repeated is that there are no good cops, the NYPD better stay out of the neighborhood, people who are in poverty don't need the police. This isn't just young neighborhood hoodlums, this seems to be people from all walks of life involved.

What was the initial protest about? I hadn't found that in any of the articles.

It seems now they are simply protesting against cops coming into Brooklyn..

Ya can't do that, this might get ugly.
edit on 12-3-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

Yeah I've been checking it out too. It's all about this story.gawker.com...
Now is the part of the protest where they are marching and things can get sketchy.

I heard someone say I.C.E. is there in force also. (feds)

Cops are moving closer....www.ustream.tv...
edit on 12-3-2013 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Why would ICE be there for a local riot?

Ice is immigration. That's a little weird.
edit on 12-3-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Oh ok, thanks. I misunderstood, thought I read the kid was shot during a protest.

Thats just great about the Fed's being there, we all know how good they're PR Dept. is.. I am not on the side of the cops but the way this "protest" is being carried out, well, I don't know that its a protest. People keep threatening the cops, its being said and looks as if the cops are grouped up to avoid being attacked by themselves.

This is about how the police acted wrongly because they were "afraid" of a 16 year old, so how are they expected to act when they are actually afraid?

I'm staying tuned.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isittruee
reply to post by tanda7

Why would ICE be there for a local riot?

Ice is immigration. That's a little weird.
edit on 12-3-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)
Yep, that's what I was thinking....

The livestream, for those just tuning in;www.ustream.tv...
edit on 12-3-2013 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

Looks like tonight will most likely have a different turn out from last night. Lot smaller crowd, some random violence, and an early ending. Tonight is planned with a bigger turn out, with threats of violence. This will be worth staying tuned into.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I hope internal affairs looks into the cops that shot that kid.

Because it sounded like an intentional HIT to me, from what I heard last night listening to witnesses.

A few reasons....

1. They said the PLAINCLOTHES cops drove up and got out of the car with GUNS DRAWN
2. They said that Gray was adjusting his pants and the group stepped over and the cops just started shooting
3. **NOW, they said the boys said STOP STOP but the cops SHOT SOME MORE
then - this is what got me-
4. THEY LEFT

did they leave? one witness said they left and got in the car - they didn't give any sort of aid.

Witnesses said THEN they came back and were messing around, and that's when they found the gun, some time later, AFTER the kid dead.

The kid had 4 priors. Did he know something? Did he step on someone that was protected's turf?
Were the cops OWNED?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Also a witness that did not know these kids stated that the boy said please don't let me die. Cops replies with don't move or we shoot again. What does she have to gain for lying? Nothing. It really backs up the stories of the witnesses who are his friends.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

Yep. It sounded like they wanted him dead from the minute they pulled up to me, from hearing the stories.
That's why I wonder if the kid knew something or had stepped on someone's toes.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Because it sounded like an intentional HIT to me, from what I heard last night listening to witnesses.
Interesting theory. From this site:www.nydailynews.com...

Before the riot Monday, a police source told The News that investigators believe Kimani was a member of the Bloods street gang. The source pointed to two YouTube videos, published last year, that featured violence between Bloods and Crips. The source said Kimani appears in both videos, which The News has refrained from publishing due to graphic content.

In one video, Kimani is clad in a red Adidas hoodie and goes by the nickname “Shapow,” the source said. He can be seen taunting and hitting a 13-year-old rival on Nostrand Ave. near Glenwood Rd. in Flatbush after the adversary flashed gang signs and said he runs with the Crips.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

YouTube has been known to cancel too violent videos. Then the news not too long ago showed one of someone being doused with water then whipped with belts. Forgot what city. So how violent is too violent? Would love to see these videos.
edit on 12-3-2013 by Isittruee because: ETA: Sorry he was stripped naked, then water, and then beaten by people with belts. Victims dad owed these dealers money.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
24 hours and still going down.

Get used to this, folks: BLACKOUT of your own LOCAL NEWS.

They want people in the streets when something LOCAL happens. That way, more confrontations, altercations, arrests, charges, casualties.

And more fun for the cops, you know they get off on getting physical with civilians, bigtime. Just look at all the local news of cops raping people.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

If things like this happen everyday to innocent people, its easy and justifiable to point blame at the cops. I'm from Brooklyn, Brownsville to be exact. Everyday cops harass, beat the snot out of and shoot innocent people out of pure boredom. I know people who know this kid and he wasn't the gun slinging type. Cops = DEAD WRONG
reply to post by Arashikage

Ohhh I know Brownsville, the most violent neighborhood in Brooklyn. The people you know that know this kid are hardworking, straight and narrow kind of people? I lived in Brownsville, the only time I saw people getting beat were thugs who deserved it. Dont taunt the cops who arent bothering you, dont go looking for trouble and when your ass is caught then cry brutality.

Ill probably get bashed for this but I have seen so much in places like flatbush, brownsville, and east new york. The same people that are saying the gun was planted were his friends, other gangbangers, they are not trusted sources to me.

Now sure, he didnt deserve to die, but why the hell is everyone putting him out to be a damn saint? At 16, he already had numerous priors!!

Another thing, you probably wont hear it on the scanner feed because they took off the brooklyn channel about 2 years ago, now its only a few precincts in bklyn but the main is the citywide so it probably went through the channels we cant hear. The local news here, not one has said that the cops shot him and left, thats actually pretty stupid if true but I doubt it because if things went down as said, those thugs would have let them leave.

I feel bad for him mom because the vigil was not supposed to turn out that way, it was a few out of the bunch (the teenagers) that separated and started the ignorance, it always is!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join